• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Decided to derp around with a timezone converter to see what time a Friday General Direct would be for most of the world. I was told that they're typically 5PM Eastern Time/Warner/AOL so that means...

2-5PM on Friday for a vast majority of North, Central and South America.

10PM -12AM for a vast majority of Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.

6 AM for Japan.

This... Is really convenient. Think about it... A typical work/school day around the world is 7am-3PM or 9am-5PM. For most people around the world, they would likely be off work or done with school for the week. This hypothetical Direct would be the weekend for most of the world. For North, South, and Central America roughly after or close to the end of the work day. For Europe, at night but it's not even that late, especially since it's a Friday. For Japan, it's a little early but all your typical Japanese person would have to do is roll over in bed and grab their phone to watch the Direct. This is just another thing on the pile that makes me think that this Direct could potentially be a wiggum biggum.
Well, at any rate, we've got 3 days left at most for the direct, whether full general or general mini, to see at bare minimum FP7 revealed.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
In addition, the port will also include "Harder Mode", where upon reaching the Water Temple, the game just turns into Link: The Faces of Evil.
That's not 'Harder Mode.' That's 'Horror Mode.'

Harder mode is when you get to the Water Temple, you explode. As in, the actual player explodes. Into confetti. That also explodes.

QQS

Smash Lord
QQS QQS That Geno Plushie... Do you made it yourself or do you buy it?
BCA2EABF-88EB-4EF1-A177-273D847186D5.jpeg
9938663D-D7EB-4CF1-A753-3FDAA3E423E0.jpeg
466D7609-EF31-45FC-BCF3-58978175BCEB.jpeg
6D50F700-2164-4E65-AC83-A9008D43E554.jpeg

Niray Niray I stole it from Gaz’s house.

For real, I’m from Chile and I saw another Chilean here in the group who shared his doll, so I messaged the girl that do these handmade plushies here in my city (Santiago), and ask her for a new Geno doll. You can check her work and even talk to her on Instagram:

CBE45A4C-C276-4D14-A79B-32FDB2488A6F.jpeg

Lucky me she was from my same city, and got delivered to my home. I used Nibroc Rock model and Original SMRPG model when I sent her ideas. All credits for the doll creator: the owner of the store and artist, her name is Victoria.

Lemmy isn’t hand made. It was bought I just like that character also :3

Back to Geno, given her amazing work, I’m considering doing a Mallow and even a Mario plushie. Maybe my other heroes: Mega Man and Link. Skull Kid would be epic too. Though of course Zelda, Mario and even Mega Man have merchandising, so making Geno and Mallow are a nice option.

Best wishes!

Niray

Smash Rookie
QQS QQS Wow! I ask because once i watch a Youtube video about Mario RPG original merchandise. This one have plushies but there was lost Geno Plushie that is supposed to exist but no one ever see it.

I was like: Oh look, maybe we found it! xD

Thank you so much for the answer!

Reactions: QQS

QQS

Smash Lord
BTW, I was playing Mario RPG a couple of nights ago and I just completed the Forest Maze and got Geno in my party.
So, we can all agree that: GENO JOINS THE PARTY!

Just like how he will join the Smash Party this Friday :3

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Decided to derp around with a timezone converter to see what time a Friday General Direct would be for most of the world. I was told that they're typically 5PM Eastern Time/Warner/AOL so that means...

2-5PM on Friday for a vast majority of North, Central and South America.

10PM -12AM for a vast majority of Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.

6 AM for Japan.

This... Is really convenient. Think about it... A typical work/school day around the world is 7am-3PM or 9am-5PM. For most people around the world, they would likely be off work or done with school for the week. This hypothetical Direct would be the weekend for most of the world. For North, South, and Central America roughly after or close to the end of the work day. For Europe, at night but it's not even that late, especially since it's a Friday. For Japan, it's a little early but all your typical Japanese person would have to do is roll over in bed and grab their phone to watch the Direct. This is just another thing on the pile that makes me think that this Direct could potentially be a wiggum biggum.
Question: going off of your time zone shenanigans is there a chance that the direct could be Thursday afternoon for those of us in the US? That would still be a direct on the 28th just in Japan. I only ask cause Friday for us would be Saturday for Japan

D

Deleted member

As I mentioned before, I’m feeling really good about Geno’s chances! I think Geno is the front runner for the next Square character alongside Lara Croft. 7 or 8 as we’ll probably know Geno’s fate.

FF - The rights is a complete hot mess for a spirit board and a bunch of music tracks.

DQ - Already has a rep last pass so I don’t see any reason to double dip.

Mana - Got spirited.

Octopath - Also got spirited

Crono - A possibility. However, the fact the series has been neglected by Square for 2 decades outside of ports, lack of fan demand, and Nintendo and Square didn’t even bother to put Chrono Trigger on the SNES Classic, and there probably isn’t going to be a new Chrono game in the making anytime soon which puts Crono in a bad position.

Neku - A possibility, but I don’t think Nintendo would want to promote a definitive edition that came out almost 2 years ago and not really that popular of a fan pick and a strong Square IP.

2B - Seems more unlikely given being in Mii Costume Guy’s list of potential Mii costumes.

Braverly Default - The IP is fairly new and nowhere near as strong compared to FF, DQ, and TR to attract fans. It is possible Nintendo would want to add the protagonist of BD 2 as yet another marketing stunt. If Octopath gets spirited, I don’t see Agnes or BD 2 protagonist that much of a chance the fact Octopath sold over 2 million copies and BD sold 1 million.

Sora - Not really direct competition. Nintendo has to approach Disney for Sora and Square for Geno. Sora represents the cross of Disney worlds and SE franchises while Geno represents Mario.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Question: going off of your time zone shenanigans is there a chance that the direct could be Thursday afternoon for those of us in the US? That would still be a direct on the 28th just in Japan. I only ask cause Friday for us would be Saturday for Japan
I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
This is just another thing on the pile that makes me think that this Direct could potentially be a wiggum biggum.
Yeah I don't know, Fatman. Based off of my recent post on what NateDrake says, I really am skeptical of this being Nintendo's E3 Direct replacement like you think. Obviously I respect you being here and you've mentioned before how you shoot for the stars just for the hell of it, but NateDrake is a legitimate industry insider (and a pretty stubborn one at that). And I feel like if he says we shouldn't expect a massive Direct that is Nintendo E3 replacement, we ought to heed his warning.

Similar to the Grinch fiasco, I know people will believe things regardless of whether or not an insider tells them not to. As many have discussed in here, numerous people don't like to be told to "hype responsibly" since they say they can handle disappointment and don't wish to be policed. I won't tell people to hype responsibly, but I think it would be wise to listen to NateDrake's word, that's all.

(Personally, I'm just going into this Direct with hopes for a single Smash character announcement and the 3D Mario shenanigans. Which honestly, ports and a single character aren't super high expectations.)

MisterMike

Smash Champion
As I mentioned before, I’m feeling really good about Geno’s chances! I think Geno is the front runner for the next Square character alongside Lara Croft. 7 or 8 as we’ll probably know Geno’s fate.

FF - The rights is a complete hot mess for a spirit board and a bunch of music tracks.

DQ - Already has a rep last pass so I don’t see any reason to double dip.

Mana - Got spirited.

Octopath - Also got spirited

Crono - A possibility. However, the fact the series has been neglected by Square for 2 decades outside of ports, lack of fan demand, and Nintendo and Square didn’t even bother to put Chrono Trigger on the SNES Classic, and there probably isn’t going to be a new Chrono game in the making anytime soon which puts Crono in a bad position.

Neku - A possibility, but I don’t think Nintendo would want to promote a definitive edition that came out almost 2 years ago and not really that popular of a fan pick and a strong Square IP.

2B - Seems more unlikely given being in Mii Costume Guy’s list of potential Mii costumes.

Braverly Default - The IP is fairly new and nowhere near as strong compared to FF, DQ, and TR to attract fans. It is possible Nintendo would want to add the protagonist of BD 2 as yet another marketing stunt. If Octopath gets spirited, I don’t see Agnes or BD 2 protagonist that much of a chance the fact Octopath sold over 2 million copies and BD sold 1 million.

Sora - Not really direct competition. Nintendo has to approach Disney for Sora and Square for Geno. Sora represents the cross of Disney worlds and SE franchises while Geno represents Mario.
What about Gex?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Yeah I don't know, Fatman. Based off of my recent post on what NateDrake says, I really am skeptical of this being Nintendo's E3 Direct replacement like you think. Obviously I respect you being here and you've mentioned before how you shoot for the stars just for the hell of it, but NateDrake is a legitimate industry insider (and a pretty stubborn one at that). And I feel like if he says we shouldn't expect a massive Direct that is Nintendo E3 replacement, we ought to heed his warning.

Similar to the Grinch fiasco, I know people will believe things regardless of whether or not an insider tells them not to. As many have discussed in here, numerous people don't like to be told to "hype responsibly" since they say they can handle disappointment and don't wish to be policed. I won't tell people to hype responsibly, but I think it would be wise to listen to NateDrake's word, that's all.

(Personally, I'm just going into this Direct with hopes for a single Smash character announcement and the 3D Mario shenanigans. Which honestly, ports and a single character aren't super high expectations.)
I get that, and I'm not expecting a ridiculous event like say E3 2010 or the 2017 Switch Presentation, but this still isn't normal circumstances. We have ONE first party game actually on the Calendar right now, and it's a Wii U port that we know almost everything about. And for the games we don't have dates for only Pokemon Snap is likely to be here, maybe BOTW 2. That's 3 first party games total and the latter two might not even show up. There's Pokemon DLC I guess, and obviously Smash. Anything else they show first party? Entirely new games. That's pretty wild. At the very least having some higher than normal expectations isn't unreasonable.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I get that, and I'm not expecting a ridiculous event like say E3 2010 or the 2017 Switch Presentation, but this still isn't normal circumstances. We have ONE first party game actually on the Calendar right now, and it's a Wii U port that we know almost everything about. And for the games we don't have dates for only Pokemon Snap is likely to be here, maybe BOTW 2. That's 3 first party games total and the latter two might not even show up. There's Pokemon DLC I guess, and obviously Smash. Anything else they show first party? Entirely new games. That's pretty wild. At the very least having some higher than normal expectations isn't unreasonable.
Oh I agree, especially compared to what we've been getting lately, having some higher than normal expectations is completely natural. I just think a blow your face off, E3 replacement Direct with every game that's been rumored is not something that is likely to happen.

HanSoloIndie

Smash Cadet
Wow...3210 pages!
I honestly hope there'a general direct, if not, a mini direct this Friday. I am very optimistic about it announcing Geno/FP7 potentially!
Anyways, to the Geno Thread, I something to announce: I am drawing a series of smash culmination comics to celebrate the arrival of FP7 (hopefully Geno) and posting them on here! This will also chronicle the arrival of :ultbanjokazooie: , :ultridley:, and :ultkrool:. I hope to post plenty of drawings here this and next week! (and maybe tomorrow..." winky face"
Here's a preview!
https://paperbagheadme.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F627459943577124864

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I wanna see how people are gonna bend over backwards and defend "Insiders" if they are wrong about a Direct Friday.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Suuuure it was...

When all these insiders start talking about SMRPG, it's just a joke or what they want, even if some of them never talked about it until very recently.

i think you need time off the internet :191: not everything is some deep state nintendo conspiracy, man.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wanna see how people are gonna bend over backwards and defend "Insiders" if they are wrong about a Direct Friday.
I think you need to consider that insiders are people too. Of course, insiders indeed may make mistakes. They may easily could and that’s alright. As long those insiders are nothing like Sabi and not trying to lie to people, they’re all good. I don’t see the point of you continuing to bootyblast them. NateDrake is legitimate by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
People shouldn’t defend or attack them. And clout as a leaker is not exactly prideworthy to begin with... so let them have it when they get it right and don’t try to ruin them when they make mistakes here and there.

This is all for fun.

It’s all BS anyway until it’s announced, it’s our own responsibility at the end of the day if we want to ride the hype train and smash into the side of the mountain when it derails. It’s a fun ride though 🤘 and in a way... I’m not saying at this point... but all the hopes we’ve had show the characters we want might be worth it to the developers. So these cuts and bruises might pay off

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Dude, can you not? I come here for some levity over the dumpster fire the world is right now. I don't get why you're going out of your way to be bitter about stuff.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
About 95% of what I see from you in this thread has been constant torch-and-pitchfork waving over Dreaded Insiders™, and then sarcastic replies to people who step in to either clarify or back up what they're saying. I'm very curious as to why you are so incredibly heated over what, from my perspective, is a group of people who are collectively trying to figure out what Nintendo's doing during a period of silence and uncertainty, and at least try to lend some idea to people who are eager to learn more about what's going on.

A number of weeks ago, they spoke about an event happening. Leading up, it ended up not being a General, but a Partner. They were off about the planned event, but were correct in that something was happening.

A couple weeks ago, they discussed an Indie World happening. It ended up materializing after all.

At various times, items such as Paper Mario, or Pikmin 3 Deluxe being rumored, ended up turning out correct. In some cases, it's taken forever, but that is the way of the industry, I imagine. The fact remains that they ended up becoming reality.

Now, they're suggesting at least a Mini by this week, or a General at best.

You make this sound like time and time and time again, we've been bamboozled, tricked, hoodwinked, yanked around, and otherwise misled in a hundred directions on purpose. And you're injecting this ire into the thread, Ad Nauseam. It comes off as an incredibly unhealthy way of thinking, constantly hoping that people sharing tidbits have the whole world come crashing down on them for some assumed display of arrogance, like they just think they're absolute kings or something, when they're just dudes on the internet who, in some cases, actually do this for a job. I can't say I get it, or truly care for it, honestly.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
People shouldn’t defend or attack them. And clout as a leaker is not exactly prideworthy to begin with... so let them have it when they get it right and don’t try to ruin them when they make mistakes here and there.

This is all for fun.

It’s all BS anyway until it’s announced, it’s our own responsibility at the end of the day if we want to ride the hype train and smash into the side of the mountain when it derails. It’s a fun ride though 🤘 and in a way... I’m not saying at this point... but all the hopes we’ve had show the characters we want might be worth it to the developers. So these cuts and bruises might pay off
In addition we're still in the middle of a worldwide pandemic so, for me at least, I'm sure not everything with a date can be set in stone right now.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
I want this to be the E3 replacement SO BAD but I'm thinking as we edge closer and Nintendo isn't hyping it up it likely won't be. Sony and MS hyped their events well ahead, but Nintendo? Just 2 days, maybe 1, of notice? Seems a little short to me, not a ton of time to get the normal public and press worked up. We're used to short turnarounds but if they want to drum up hype like the other two big consoles at least a week makes sense. Maybe Friday is just the announcement?

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
I want this to be the E3 replacement SO BAD but I'm thinking as we edge closer and Nintendo isn't hyping it up it likely won't be. Sony and MS hyped their events well ahead, but Nintendo? Just 2 days, maybe 1, of notice? Seems a little short to me, not a ton of time to get the normal public and press worked up. We're used to short turnarounds but if they want to drum up hype like the other two big consoles at least a week makes sense. Maybe Friday is just the announcement?
I bet if there was a few internal delays and they were going to announce stuff slated for mid to late 2021 that they may just hold off until whenever they feel like it. Trimmed some of the fat, I guess?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I dunno. Almost a year since the last real Direct, it's potentially the first ever Friday General Direct, and the rumors about new hardware have picked up steam. General Directs have averaged 35-48 minutes so that's a ton of content. Because of what an absolute ****nado this year has been, my only "wants" for this Direct are Geno and one dead franchise revival announcement. That's it. Obviously, there's a lot that can go into this presentation but at this point, I'm so wildly burned out that I'm going in with exactly two checkboxes to check.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I dunno. Almost a year since the last real Direct, it's potentially the first ever Friday General Direct, and the rumors about new hardware have picked up steam. General Directs have averaged 35-48 minutes so that's a ton of content. Because of what an absolute ****nado this year has been, my only "wants" for this Direct are Geno and one dead franchise revival announcement. That's it. Obviously, there's a lot that can go into this presentation but at this point, I'm so wildly burned out that I'm going in with exactly two checkboxes to check.
You and me both. I just want some closure on Geno at least!

QQS

Smash Lord
I just want Geno playable also as my only request in Gaming. But if it’s a General, for sure we will see some Mario Collection, Zelda Breath sequel and much more :D

If they show us also another Smash DLC, hope it can be Geno 7 and Crash 8. That would make Smash more exciting than ever and fresh on the table again. Geno for the best epic Fan Demand ever and Crash for the Best Gaming Icon left.

Also Geno brings SMRPG and Crash brings Crash 4. With this double reveal Nintendo will win and satisfy a lot of people, also make a lot of money for the companies involved. Perfect moment to happen.

GENO IS HAPPENING!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Suuuure it was...

When all these insiders start talking about SMRPG, it's just a joke or what they want, even if some of them never talked about it until very recently.

Grubb does mention it often though.
I figure they're either fans of Mario RPG (I think there's at least one insider who is; possibly Grubb), or they know that the Geno fanbase will give them the biggest reaction given how large it is and how long they've wanted to see him in Smash. (or anything, for that matter)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom