• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giveaway412

Smash Cadet
Nothing better than Zoomers revealing their inexperience by saying Terry isn't important or iconic.

Anyway, we're in August now. Here's hoping this drought finally ends and we get some news on FP7. I'm personally not expecting much but I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get anything substantial.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
You dont get to decide whats iconic nor "deserving" of a "slot", much less to claim Sakurai is lying or bsing to himself just for having a differing vision, you also dont need to be on pair with Ryu, THE fighting game character to be called iconic. You can like and dislike things and you can want certain things for a variety of reasons, but going above like in not aknowledge a whole game genre because becomes narcisism. So the other user is right. Also apologies for the community for being off-topic here.
And Sakurai makes all the right decisions lol? Nah. We can do whatever we mentally feel is relevant to any/all situations regardless of what they're about. Sakurai does the same thing. If you don't agree that's fine. Doesn't change my mind. Geno is a good example of a character that would be considered not very iconic to the majority of casual gamers as a whole, but iconic should take precedent AFTER fan demand.

Honest Slug said it best. If Geno doesn't make it in the game again.. You will undoubtedly hear, "Where is Geno?", but if Terry was left out. You'd never hear those words spoken. Like "Oh shoot where is Terry?" I'm always speaking in general. The way I look at it, a few fan groups of hundreds or even thousands of people don't count in comparison to tens of thousands. And I'll never believe that tens of thousands of people would be like, "Aw where is Terry?" Ya right...

In general. We all decide what is iconic to us. I never grew up with Terry and was just speaking my opinion as we all are. I never even knew Geno existed until Brawl, but here I am with all of you fine fellows. I just like his design. Plain and simple. Terry was like Ken 2.0 to me haha. This isn't me being mean. I'm just blunt when sharing my thoughts.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Can I just ask, does anyone actually believe she's a mistress for all of these Nintendo guys? I really, really doubt it. I bet it's just a funny cover for an actual insider who works at the company.
I don't think she ever claimed that. I think it's just an adult woman that enjoys sex (inconceivable, I know). A lot of people seem to take issue with that but it's honestly just whatever because adults doink or sligoo or schlop or whatever they're into and some people are just more vocal about it than others. Not my business how she spends a Wednesday night or anyone else's really.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't think she ever claimed that. I think it's just an adult woman that enjoys sex (inconceivable, I know). A lot of people seem to take issue with that but it's honestly just whatever because adults doink or sligoo or schlop or whatever they're into and some people are just more vocal about it than others. Not my business how she spends a Wednesday night or anyone else's really.
It’s true. I’m an adult who loves Sliggoo.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Also, someone shared with me that Shinobi is teasing stuff for August and there you guys go. Have fun with that.

We're getting something on August 3rd, aren't we, Fatman?
I wonder how many Spongebob references I'm gonna make before Nintendo finally announces something...

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Also, someone shared with me that Shinobi is teasing stuff for August and there you guys go. Have fun with that.
Is it just that tweet? It's a very general "gaming news" and considering we are likely getting a PlayStation State of Play and a Microsoft presentation...

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Can someone please link me to Shinobi's recent tweet? I know I joked about us getting something on August 3rd, but I want to see it for myself to know if he named a specific date or was just being general.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Can someone give a rundown of Shinobi’s greatest hits? Also do they have any partiality towards Geno?
Shinobi was the guy that leaked Banjo...I think that's worth keeping our eyes on
He has leaked stuff for sony games like God Of War, The Last Of Us 2, Call Of Duty Ghost (Another proof that Activision suck keeping secrets) but he leaked Banjo, Ridley and the Ultimate's existence

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
*SNORK*

Ah yes, we're in for yet another smashing good time! Eliza, go get the camera (i.e. elgato recording equipment)!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He also said this: View attachment 280798
What if that series is Perfect Dark? There are many rumors and would upload the credibility of Mii Costume Guy. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice what do you think?
That and Banjo. "Something" Banjo is supposed to be announced this year but, like the DK stuff, nobody is totally sure what it's supposed to be.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Man I’m not an Xbox guy at all, but I would kill for new Banjo content. Hopefully whatever is coming, Microsoft would be nice enough to allow it to come out on the Switch

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is it just "Banjo stuff" or is it said to be for something?
There's supposed to be a new Banjo game and the rumor has been floating around since February or so. The problem is exactly the same as the DK rumors in that details are few and far between. It's a game, obviously, but is it next gen? Current gen? An exclusive? Platformer? Nobody knows. I didn't talk about it in this thread because up until very recently I had simply assumed it would be an Xbox exclusive until someone shared with me about a month ago now that a certain loveable bear was probably going to show up in a future Smash trailer in the near future. Now I'm kind of wondering about my theorycraft the other day if certain "classic" RARE IPs are going to not be console exclusives anymore.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Hope we’re on for a smashing good time.

Or a direct-ing good time...?
'We are nothing but PUPPET'S to Smash news sometimes.'
'What do you mean?'
'You know, how a-MAZE-ing it will be to see character 7.'
'Uh..yes..character 7 would be nice to know.'
'.....it will be a BLAST, alright. Hype will BEAM down on the news. It will be just the BOOST Smash needs this year. This character is quite a WHIRL.'
'Are you implying something?'
'Maybe, maybe not. But if you ask me, I would have to reply 'Gee, no.''
'Oh, so I guess you don't know.'
'......fortheloveo-, Geno is the next fighter's pass character!'
'.........what are you trying to say?'

QQS

Smash Lord
78692230-45E1-4D73-86FA-4E90EE44752E.jpeg

D3F53BC6-140B-4DBC-BAFC-E6F9D608BC55.jpeg

34CE643A-CE08-42EB-B57E-303307CE33F4.jpeg

Spreading some Geno love!

papagenos papagenos feel free to use one of my Doll Photos in your work!

Also remember that the Geno doll credits are to @tienda_panda_freak the creator :) from Santiago-Chile.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Guys I will share a history (And a Fanart) related to SMRPG which happen recently. Look there is a guy who speak spanish who I meet in a stream and then I talked with he in a Discord server. In that Discord back in February he made fanarts of 6 potential smash characters: Geno, Sora, Lloyd, Rayman, Dante and Monster Hunter. I watch he liking and Retweeting SMRPG and Geno for Smash related stuff and today he make this fanart: https://twitter.com/TioKrocs/status/1289630728402153479?s=20
Translation: After years postponing it, I finally played the Super Mario RPG and ... What can I say that hasn't already been said ... It's wonderful
And we have this conversation:
Me: But did you just start it or have you already beat it?
He: I beat it on Monday
Me: Ah ok. I just wanted to know because it's my favorite game
He: And it is understood, it is GOOD
And then he follow me. It is a good story I wanted to share. BTW: The last time I shared a story was the same day the Gamestop thing appear. Maybe this is a signal

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's a game, obviously, but is it next gen? Current gen? An exclusive? Platformer? Nobody knows.
With no one knowing it's a platformer or not, this implies the existence of a Banjo FPS game and Kazooie will constantly be in your hands as you shoot eggs at enemies.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
And Sakurai makes all the right decisions lol? Nah. We can do whatever we mentally feel is relevant to any/all situations regardless of what they're about. Sakurai does the same thing. If you don't agree that's fine. Doesn't change my mind. Geno is a good example of a character that would be considered not very iconic to the majority of casual gamers as a whole, but iconic should take precedent AFTER fan demand.

Honest Slug said it best. If Geno doesn't make it in the game again.. You will undoubtedly hear, "Where is Geno?", but if Terry was left out. You'd never hear those words spoken. Like "Oh shoot where is Terry?" I'm always speaking in general. The way I look at it, a few fan groups of hundreds or even thousands of people don't count in comparison to tens of thousands. And I'll never believe that tens of thousands of people would be like, "Aw where is Terry?" Ya right...

In general. We all decide what is iconic to us. I never grew up with Terry and was just speaking my opinion as we all are. I never even knew Geno existed until Brawl, but here I am with all of you fine fellows. I just like his design. Plain and simple. Terry was like Ken 2.0 to me haha. This isn't me being mean. I'm just blunt when sharing my thoughts.
I swear the word "Iconic" has lost all it's meaning from overuse.
Dude, Terry and Geno aren't even comparable.

Put yourself in the shoes of Smash fans from 1999, who'd you pick for the next installment ?
You wouldn't go for 3rd parties unless they were big at the time like Crash or Sonic, so who else?
Btw, I can assure you nobody thought of Geno as 3rd party in 1999-2000, he was simply a Mario character.
Those were far simpler times.

And Terry isn't synonymous with Nintendo the same way Simon, Ryu, Mega Man, and even Geno with his one main appearance are.
But that still doesn't negate his status and legacy, even if you choose to be willfully ignorant about it.

Nobody would say "Where's Solid Snake?" if Sonic was the only 3rd party addition in Brawl.
But I assure you people would be clamoring for him if Sakurai came out and stated in a famitsu column that Solid Snake was actually considered for Brawl.

That's the same thing with Heihachi, when people realized that Bandai Namco was developing the fourth installment in the Smash series, their minds immediately went to PAC-MAN, not Hei.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

We're getting something on August 3rd, aren't we, Fatman?
I wonder how many Spongebob references I'm gonna make before Nintendo finally announces something...
If something happens on the 3rd, it's all but guaranteed to be a Mini of some sort. Remember my predictive model yesterday? Keep the margin of error part in mind as we go into this next week.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If something happens on the 3rd, it's all but guaranteed to be a Mini of some sort. Remember my predictive model yesterday? Keep the margin of error part in mind as we go into this next week.
We shall see what the next few days bring

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
With no one knowing it's a platformer or not, this implies the existence of a Banjo FPS game and Kazooie will constantly be in your hands as you shoot eggs at enemies.
I would totally kill for an online game like Tooie’s multiplayer mode.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
7 hour Nintendo Direct where every 23 seconds is a new game, got it.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I swear the word "Iconic" has lost all it's meaning from overuse.
Dude, Terry and Geno aren't even comparable.

Put yourself in the shoes of Smash fans from 1999, who'd you pick for the next installment ?
You wouldn't go for 3rd parties unless they were big at the time like Crash or Sonic, so who else?
Btw, I can assure you nobody thought of Geno as 3rd party in 1999-2000, he was simply a Mario character.
Those were far simpler times.

And Terry isn't synonymous with Nintendo the same way Simon, Ryu, Mega Man, and even Geno with his one main appearance are.
But that still doesn't negate his status and legacy, even if you choose to be willfully ignorant about it.

Nobody would say "Where's Solid Snake?" if Sonic was the only 3rd party addition in Brawl.
But I assure you people would be clamoring for him if Sakurai came out and stated in a famitsu column that Solid Snake was actually considered for Brawl.

That's the same thing with Heihachi, when people realized that Bandai Namco was developing the fourth installment in the Smash series, their minds immediately went to PAC-MAN, not Hei.
With all due respect, where was the demand for Geno in 1999? 7 or so responses to a tiny sample size "poll" at the time would not be enough for me to base data on. No character was "demanded" back then in particular, and it's not the time to think about a Mario character as low down the totem pole as Geno when we don't have Bowser and Wario in yet.

Terry has his own franchise and subfranchise. Without fan demand as part of the picture, I would sooner pick him, in the context you provided, than Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom