• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I was having a conversation with someone who still thinks the Spirits Deconfirm rule is still in play. This person said Min Min was a special request from Yabuki, despite the fact Nintendo is literally choosing the DLC and chose one that is a Spirit.

I thought people would have been done using the Spirits rule against Geno now that Min Min is in, yet some people are STILL moving the goalpost after Min Min. Color me surprised.
Was this on GameFAQs? I saw a post about that earlier today.

Whether it was or not, it's a little baffling that people think that spirits still disqualify characters from being playable (in spite of the fact that we just had a character who was a spirit promoted to being playable), unless they're just gatekeeping, moving the goal-posts, or trolling.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Given that Byleth took nearly 2 whole weeks to be released from the reveal January 16th to January 28th, it's not impossible to hope for a Sakurai Presents video next month with a 2 week or so gap from reveal to release. We do have past precedent to potentially think it can happen for FP7

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
I was having a conversation with someone who still thinks the Spirits Deconfirm rule is still in play. This person said Min Min was a special request from Yabuki, despite the fact Nintendo is literally choosing the DLC and chose one that is a Spirit.

I thought people would have been done using the Spirits rule against Geno now that Min Min is in, yet some people are STILL moving the goalpost after Min Min. Color me surprised.
Whoever that person was, it’s clearly someone not wanting to have a civil conversation. That really comes across as a clear cut example of gatekeeping/trolling.

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice

It's not in play. In the Min-Min video, Sakurai said that she used to be a spirit, now is a fighter, and then said that they might need to do the same in the future.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Alright, so there is ONE instance! Kind of nice to see, but I am curious if 3rd Party Summonable Spirits have been used.

Because...this will surely be brought up.
The only summonable third party spirits that can also be gotten through spirit battles, going by this list, are Gray Fox, Metal Gear Rex, Eggman, Tails, Guile, M. Bison, and Madama Butterfly. (others appear on the spirit board after their first summon, but I'm just going for ones that are in the same situation as Geno) Going by this, Tails has been highlighted before in the Triple XP event, though he wasn't included in an event focusing on spirits with tails.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
All I gotta say is, LOL on the people that still argue that spirits deconfirm. I honestly don't think I've ever seen such a hilarious case of denial in my life. Sakurai outright said that he could retcon spirits and spirit battles in the future. C'mon, people, if you're gonna troll, at least put some effort into it.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
First let me get out of the way that I have not posted in a long time, probably the post-Brawl days. But I've been a lurker for a while in this thread (and others).

I wanted to try and throw out my ideas for what the game revivals might be, based on what we've heard and what Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has been saying. I'd say him and I are probably similar in age, affect, and passion for Nintendo history, so hopefully my finger is on the pulse here. If I'm even remotely close, feel free to you know.. acknowledge that

What we know:
-Nintendo is supposedly reviving old franchises because the Switch is stupid popular and this is a good chance to give those IPs exposure while they let Mario, Zelda, etc. do their thing

-Some of these IPs may go to Indie developers, since Nintendo is becoming cozy with that idea

-One or all of these will be IPs not heard of since the NES/Famicom days

-They are IPs people will lose their collective s*** over

My Guesses:

:ulticeclimbers:Classic "Early Days" Famicom Titles: I'm lumping these together, since they are all pretty similar. Released around 1984/5, several of packaged in those black boxes with sprite art for the West, and several also being ported to arcades. Few of these got sequels, if any, but they regularly see ports as part of the VC/Switch Online/similar services. They also regularly get nods in Smash, of course. I think any of these are absolutely ripe for being reinvigorated, and people would get hype for any of them. They also are perfect candidates for being smaller, independently developed titles, since they're so old and "small potatoes" as far as Nintendo is concerned. Just throwing out some of the games that would fit this requirement and I think are MOST likely from this group: Ice Climber, Mach Rider, Urban Champion, DK Jr., Mario Bros., Balloon Fight. Each of these has major potential to get a modern, indie-twist revival and be pushed to be a fun little downloadable multiplayer game, IMO. And, yes, the DK and Mario game are technically part of larger IPs, but Nintendo considers stuff like Paper Mario separate from the core games, so I'd imagine a revival of DK Jr. for example would be considered it's own thing. I also want to toss out that games like Clu Clu Land, DK3, and the NES Sports titles are part of this group too, but I don't think they would be as easy to focus a big revival effort on. Duck Hunt technically goes here too, but I think that's become its own thing.

:ultpiranha:Mario RPG; There's something going on with this game, if all the rumors and leakers are to be believed. Maybe we're getting a remake? If Geno really is in FP2, then I think we could get more than just a re-release on Switch Online. Maybe.

:ultlittlemac:Punch Out: This isn't really an NES revival, but I think it's a series that people want to see return. The Wii game was super well received and Nintendo recently gave out tips for Super Punch Out on the Switch Online. It mostly means nothing, but it shows they're acknowledging the games exist at some level. They're still pretty legendary and I think the Switch, like the Wii, is a great platform for a new Punch-Out game.

:ultfalcon:F-Zero: The obvious one everyone is guessing. Even if the Twitter account turned out to be fake, it's kind of hard not to think Nintendo is teasing us about F-Zero at this point. There were rumors way back that an indie studio was working on a new F-Zero game, and if the Star Fox Racing "leak" was legitimate maybe it had some connection to this? The two F-Zero tracks in MK8 were fun little nods and that may be all they are, but again: Nintendo knows this series is something that would stir up a ton of hype.

:ultwario:Wario Land: We've had a rumored VB Wario Land remake for a while now, and it was lumped with the Link's Awakening remake that eventually came true. I think the time is right for a Wario Land game, and one made by a new studio may turn out to be successful.

:ultdk:Donkey Kong: Do I even count this? It seems Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has implied this is not one of the revivals, it would be its own thing. But it's worth tossing up here. I think this may also include the return of K. Rool to the core series, because everyone and their mother could guess that.

:ultsnake:Advance Wars: Intelligent Systems stated they want to revisit these games, but don't know how to "modernize" them like they Fire Emblem. In other words, they're not sure how to transform a turn-based military strategy game into a waifu simulator. Maybe not really, but this was a statement made at least over a year ago. Maybe they have some new ideas? I think this is yet another series that would do gangbusters on Switch, and the kids that grew up playing it on the GBA are now nostalgic adults (obv ignoring the 30+ year long history of the series on other consoles in Japan). It would be interesting to see them bring in elements of Batallion Wars as well, but that was a separate IP from a separate Western developer, so... I doubt it.

:ultrob:Other NES titles: I'm going to lump these together too. Two (three?) more contenders that I could easily see getting a reboot are Joy Mecha Fight, Castle Murasame, and Star Tropics. Hear me out for a bit. JMF is such an obscure Famicom only title, but it got its big exposure in Ultimate. It's also a franchise that Sakurai's team had tried getting into Smash since Melee. If anything, it's a series that could be really cool to see get a modern take. Takamaru and his game have been teased since the Gamecube (not even kidding), but despite all the nods, references, and appearances, he still hasn't had a modern reboot. Maybe this is the time? The Castle Murasame game is similar to Kid Icarus in that it's an IP you could really reinvent and go anywhere with, so it may be a solid choice overall. Star Tropics may fit that same mold too. It's such a quirky pair of NES games that keep getting dropped onto whatever legacy service Nintendo offers, and despite not seeing a release in Japan (ever) it's definitely a smart choice for an experimental IP revival.

:ultvillager:Something Completely Different: There's obv a dozen others it could be, like Panel de Pon, Golden Sun or Custom Robo. There's also really out there stuff they could do like Adventures of Lolo, Codename STEAM, Card Hero, or Battleclash. I'm not a magician, I don't know what they're doing (nobody does by this point...). But what I listed above are, honestly, I think our most likely candidates for the rumored IP revivals. Do you think I'm anywhere in the ballpark, guys?

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The only summonable third party spirits that can also be gotten through spirit battles, going by this list, are Gray Fox, Metal Gear Rex, Eggman, Tails, Guile, M. Bison, and Madama Butterfly. (others appear on the spirit board after their first summon, but I'm just going for ones that are in the same situation as Geno) Going by this, Tails has been highlighted before in the Triple XP event, though he wasn't included in an event focusing on spirits with tails.
How did I miss Tails!? Thank you very much for this. So I guess they can be used, but really only a couple of been used in Spirit Events...interesting stuff.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Tails not being in a tails-based event seems like the more important bit here. If summonable spirits are fair game for events, then the team is clearly fine with excluding obvious picks from the list, which tells me that Geno's recent exclusion doesn't mean anything.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
First let me get out of the way that I have not posted in a long time, probably the post-Brawl days. But I've been a lurker for a while in this thread (and others).

I wanted to try and throw out my ideas for what the game revivals might be, based on what we've heard and what Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has been saying. I'd say him and I are probably similar in age, affect, and passion for Nintendo history, so hopefully my finger is on the pulse here. If I'm even remotely close, feel free to you know.. acknowledge that

What we know:
-Nintendo is supposedly reviving old franchises because the Switch is stupid popular and this is a good chance to give those IPs exposure while they let Mario, Zelda, etc. do their thing

-Some of these IPs may go to Indie developers, since Nintendo is becoming cozy with that idea

-One or all of these will be IPs not heard of since the NES/Famicom days

-They are IPs people will lose their collective s*** over

My Guesses:

:ulticeclimbers:Classic "Early Days" Famicom Titles: I'm lumping these together, since they are all pretty similar. Released around 1984/5, several of packaged in those black boxes with sprite art for the West, and several also being ported to arcades. Few of these got sequels, if any, but they regularly see ports as part of the VC/Switch Online/similar services. They also regularly get nods in Smash, of course. I think any of these are absolutely ripe for being reinvigorated, and people would get hype for any of them. They also are perfect candidates for being smaller, independently developed titles, since they're so old and "small potatoes" as far as Nintendo is concerned. Just throwing out some of the games that would fit this requirement and I think are MOST likely from this group: Ice Climber, Mach Rider, Urban Champion, DK Jr., Mario Bros., Balloon Fight. Each of these has major potential to get a modern, indie-twist revival and be pushed to be a fun little downloadable multiplayer game, IMO. And, yes, the DK and Mario game are technically part of larger IPs, but Nintendo considers stuff like Paper Mario separate from the core games, so I'd imagine a revival of DK Jr. for example would be considered it's own thing. I also want to toss out that games like Clu Clu Land, DK3, and the NES Sports titles are part of this group too, but I don't think they would be as easy to focus a big revival effort on. Duck Hunt technically goes here too, but I think that's become its own thing.

:ultpiranha:Mario RPG; There's something going on with this game, if all the rumors and leakers are to be believed. Maybe we're getting a remake? If Geno really is in FP2, then I think we could get more than just a re-release on Switch Online. Maybe.

:ultlittlemac:Punch Out: This isn't really an NES revival, but I think it's a series that people want to see return. The Wii game was super well received and Nintendo recently gave out tips for Super Punch Out on the Switch Online. It mostly means nothing, but it shows they're acknowledging the games exist at some level. They're still pretty legendary and I think the Switch, like the Wii, is a great platform for a new Punch-Out game.

:ultfalcon:F-Zero: The obvious one everyone is guessing. Even if the Twitter account turned out to be fake, it's kind of hard not to think Nintendo is teasing us about F-Zero at this point. There were rumors way back that an indie studio was working on a new F-Zero game, and if the Star Fox Racing "leak" was legitimate maybe it had some connection to this? The two F-Zero tracks in MK8 were fun little nods and that may be all they are, but again: Nintendo knows this series is something that would stir up a ton of hype.

:ultwario:Wario Land: We've had a rumored VB Wario Land remake for a while now, and it was lumped with the Link's Awakening remake that eventually came true. I think the time is right for a Wario Land game, and one made by a new studio may turn out to be successful.

:ultdk:Donkey Kong: Do I even count this? It seems Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has implied this is not one of the revivals, it would be its own thing. But it's worth tossing up here. I think this may also include the return of K. Rool to the core series, because everyone and their mother could guess that.

:ultsnake:Advance Wars: Intelligent Systems stated they want to revisit these games, but don't know how to "modernize" them like they Fire Emblem. In other words, they're not sure how to transform a turn-based military strategy game into a waifu simulator. Maybe not really, but this was a statement made at least over a year ago. Maybe they have some new ideas? I think this is yet another series that would do gangbusters on Switch, and the kids that grew up playing it on the GBA are now nostalgic adults (obv ignoring the 30+ year long history of the series on other consoles in Japan). It would be interesting to see them bring in elements of Batallion Wars as well, but that was a separate IP from a separate Western developer, so... I doubt it.

:ultrob:Other NES titles: I'm going to lump these together too. Two (three?) more contenders that I could easily see getting a reboot are Joy Mecha Fight, Castle Murasame, and Star Tropics. Hear me out for a bit. JMF is such an obscure Famicom only title, but it got its big exposure in Ultimate. It's also a franchise that Sakurai's team had tried getting into Smash since Melee. If anything, it's a series that could be really cool to see get a modern take. Takamaru and his game have been teased since the Gamecube (not even kidding), but despite all the nods, references, and appearances, he still hasn't had a modern reboot. Maybe this is the time? The Castle Murasame game is similar to Kid Icarus in that it's an IP you could really reinvent and go anywhere with, so it may be a solid choice overall. Star Tropics may fit that same mold too. It's such a quirky pair of NES games that keep getting dropped onto whatever legacy service Nintendo offers, and despite not seeing a release in Japan (ever) it's definitely a smart choice for an experimental IP revival.

:ultvillager:Something Completely Different: There's obv a dozen others it could be, like Panel de Pon, Golden Sun or Custom Robo. There's also really out there stuff they could do like Adventures of Lolo, Codename STEAM, Card Hero, or Battleclash. I'm not a magician, I don't know what they're doing (nobody does by this point...). But what I listed above are, honestly, I think our most likely candidates for the rumored IP revivals. Do you think I'm anywhere in the ballpark, guys?
Just a couple of things:

-The franchises are not DK, F-Zero, or Wario. A possible DK revival has been openly talked about since last November, F-Zero got a lot of attention this month, and Wario Land/Ware has coincidentally had people openly talk about it since last Spring. Many people forget but, based on the information out there, one of Vergeben's predictions for E3 2019 was a new Wario Ware.

-I don't know what the NES franchises/Indie collabs are. The source that shared this with me had one strong guess on what one of them was but he didn't want it public. He also noted that the series weren't Japanese exclusives and have not had new games of any kind since the NES days.

-The three franchises I have been safeguarding since last fall are hard to give hints for without giving them away. I feel the surprise for their fanbases is worth much more than the "e-cred" I would get for leaking them like an asshole which is why I've been vague and why I'm really grateful that my confidants have respected my wishes to keep them secret too. I guess one super vague hint I could give is that they're all multigame IPs.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
-The three franchises I have been safeguarding since last fall are hard to give hints for without giving them away. I feel the surprise for their fanbases is worth much more than the "e-cred" I would get for leaking them like an asshole which is why I've been vague and why I'm really grateful that my confidants have respected my wishes to keep them secret too. I guess one super vague hint I could give is that they're all multigame IPs.
ITS ****ING GEX ISNT IT?! O o O

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Was this on GameFAQs? I saw a post about that earlier today.

Whether it was or not, it's a little baffling that people think that spirits still disqualify characters from being playable (in spite of the fact that we just had a character who was a spirit promoted to being playable), unless they're just gatekeeping, moving the goal-posts, or trolling.
It was on Facebook. Someone made a post talking about deconfirmed characters for Smash and they mentioned a few characters being Spirits and I commented on it reminding this guy of Min Min, and he said she was a special case.

Firox

Smash Master
It was on Facebook. Someone made a post talking about deconfirmed characters for Smash and they mentioned a few characters being Spirits and I commented on it reminding this guy of Min Min, and he said she was a special case.
"Look, that apple fell from the tree to the ground. Pretty sure that's what you'd call gravity."

Trolling Smash Fan: "That was a special case! Just cuz one apple fell, doesn't mean they all will!"

(Second apple falls to the ground)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"One of the three dead franchise revivals isn't Wario Land"

I do think Wario "something" is happening though. Wario Ware has been part of the conversation since probably February 2019 and Land since about September 2019. For example, a ton of people have reported on a nuked 3DS remake of (Look Guys, look! It's) Wario Land for the Virtual Boy (the Ultimate classic system; incredible. Incredible...) and it probably exists especially since there's also a ton supporting the Fire Emblem 6/7 remake too and the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon remake rumor from last fall wound up being real.

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
lmao I make my avatar in five minutes last night and less than 12 hours later it shows up in a /v/ roster thread
89F31AF4-46A5-49BE-9045-CD949EB50D94.jpeg

amazing. I feel honored.

now please give us Geno for that sweet retribution

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I wouldn't put too much stock into what spirits are used for an event. When they did the eyebrow event, Dr. Wily was not a part of it, proving that Nintendo has lost their minds.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Watching that clip it did sound like he was speculating that we could get a huge character on that calibre in the pass. It wasn't a really a leak for either of them
I’ve watched the clip a couple times & it seems like he’s speculating, but it could just be a way to cover his ass. “I didn’t leak Master Chief, I was just speculating!”

He seemed pretty confident that we’d see only one *big* character. He then offers two examples, then immediately says one of those examples (Sora) isn’t happening & doesn’t say anything else about the other example. It could be speculation, but it’s a bit suspicious to me.

He’s also posted on ResetEra a couple times to expect a more Nintendo oriented pass. Which aligns with his statement in that video of there being only one *big* character.

Not to mention that he leaked Min-Min in a subtle way too. I definitely think Imran is one of the few people who knows a lot about Fighters Pass 2.

There’s also his weird Geno tweets from right before the failed Direct. If he was actually hinting at Geno then that would align with the idea that E3 was supposed to be Geno/Master Chief.

There’s obviously a good chance that he was just speculating in that video, but I think it’s a noteworthy topic when discussing Sora & Master Chief.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I’ve watched the clip a couple times & it seems like he’s speculating, but it could just be a way to cover his ass. “I didn’t leak Master Chief, I was just speculating!”

He seemed pretty confident that we’d see only one *big* character. He then offers two examples, then immediately says one of those examples (Sora) isn’t happening & doesn’t say anything else about the other example. It could be speculation, but it’s a bit suspicious to me.

He’s also posted on ResetEra a couple times to expect a more Nintendo oriented pass. Which aligns with his statement in that video of there being only one *big* character.

Not to mention that he leaked Min-Min in a subtle way too. I definitely think Imran is one of the few people who knows a lot about Fighters Pass 2.

There’s also his weird Geno tweets from right before the failed Direct. If he was actually hinting at Geno then that would align with the idea that E3 was supposed to be Geno/Master Chief.

There’s obviously a good chance that he was just speculating in that video, but I think it’s a noteworthy topic when discussing Sora & Master Chief.
Master Chief in Smash would be a big deal for sure, and he could easily be FP8 or FP9 depending on where they choose to reveal him and whether or not we'll also see Lloyd or another Bandai Namco rep. Geno though still has a good chance of being FP7

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

I thought the Nintendo Oriented pass thing was just a hint towards MinMin?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
One of my confidants and I had an interesting conversation this morning over morning coffee. He decided to look into it and discovered that when the "new" disappears on the main Smash page for characters, it usually means a character reveal in 2 to 3 weeks on average. He also found the longest gap between the "new" disappearing and a character reveal has been one month and two days, coincidentally, roughly the gap between Hero's release and Terry's announcement last year. As a point of reference, the "new" disappeared on July 13th, 16 days ago. A full three weeks would put us at August 3rd and tying for the current record would put us at August 14th.

MattX20

Smash Hero
One of my confidants and I had an interesting conversation this morning over morning coffee. He decided to look into it and discovered that when the "new" disappears on the main Smash page for characters, it usually means a character reveal in 2 to 3 weeks on average. He also found the longest gap between the "new" disappearing and a character reveal has been one month and two days, coincidentally, roughly the gap between Hero's release and Terry's announcement last year. As a point of reference, the "new" disappeared on July 13th, 16 days ago. A full three weeks would put us at August 3rd and tying for the current record would put us at August 14th.
So my theorizing of a Sakurai Presents in August for FP7 potentially holds weight if that's the case

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... Not surprised the indie stuff isn't out there considering nobody called Cadence and I'm pretty sure Mercury Steam doing the Metroid 2 remake was a shocker to many as well (is Mercury Steam even indie tho?)

I'm not asking for confirmation, but I think you narrowed it down for me a bit, which is good. If they're multi game IPs, not the ones you mentioned, international releases, and I can *guess* they may not be IPs locked to the NES...

Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Punch Out. All three just seem to fit right now with the timing, nostalgia, the console itself... It kind of makes sense. Not a guarantee they'll appear at all, but those are my best guesses. I also just now realized Nintendogs exists, and it was stupid popular and makes total sense to reappear on the newest stupid popular handheld. So I'll offer that one up as well.

I was going to toss in Mario Strikers too, but we already had the leak for Mario Sports so it's kind of... obvious. Also, for the NES Indie revival which you say you don't know, I would not be shocked one bit if it ends up being something like Ice Climber, Mach Rider or Balloon Fight. All three of those would make for really awesome eShop titles with a ton of potential. I've wanted a online multiplayer Balloon Fight with the customization of Splatoon forever (basically an official version of that one flash game on Newgrounds!)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It and Metroid V wasn't for E3 2019 actually, just to correct. They exist however.
I brought that up here too a while back. Ironically, Vergeben was actually the one to break the 2D Metroid story last summer, a whopping 7 months before Sabi vomited it out to his 40k followers on Twitter. Even I forgot this until I was, coincidentally, looking up his past Wario statements.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Yes, I speculate that a while back, as MattX20 MattX20 said whe could get a Mr Sakurai Presents ??? 2 (Three if you count the Min Min one)

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
That's no surprise! Socialist-friendly countries are better equipped to handle situations like this. I didn't mean to lump you into the cluster F that is the US and friends, but I was comparing it to China of course. :)
Can we please keep off-topic politics out of this thread? Socialism and Geno have absolutely no correlation.

Yes, I speculate that a while back, as MattX20 MattX20 MattX20 MattX20 said whe could get a Mr Sakurai Presents ??? 2 (Three if you count the Min Min one)
One thing I really like about the Sakurai Presents presentations is that we find out the Mii Costumes right away, better to get it over with sooner than worrying about who might get the axe.
Granted this will more than likely not be a problem for Geno.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So my theorizing of a Sakurai Presents in August for FP7 potentially holds weight if that's the case
There's still the matter of the amiibo wave releasing in September, which makes me think there's two possibilities...
  1. We end up getting a Sakurai Presents presentation with a reveal and release of Fighter 7, which means that Amiibo Theory going forward is officially broken and will mean nothing for future fighters.
  2. The upcoming August 3rd Direct that may or may not be a Partner Showcase ends up having a Smash reveal, with the character not releasing until September and Amiibo Theory still staying alive.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
2. The upcoming August 3rd Direct that may or may not be a Partner Showcase ends up having a Smash reveal, with the character not releasing until September and Amiibo Theory still staying alive.
It all really depends on if they shadowdrop it or not. Though they did announce the last one in advance.
If we see any Square Enix games during the showcase, time for us to get hyped!

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I thought the Nintendo Oriented pass thing was just a hint towards MinMin?
He’s mentioned it once or twice after Min Min too.

I don’t think a General Direct is likely for August. But a special Sakurai video could definitely happen. Maybe the E3 reveals got split up between its own thing & a September Direct.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
This may be a little off topic, but I was trying to find my old account and I just discovered it F FlipTroopa

Apparently not only do I go way back in this thread and Smashoards, but I was a major part of the scene! I don't remember any of that! I have used so many different usernames on so many different platforms over the years after I retired that one, so it was hard to find. I don't use the same account name on different services like discord or Twitter, to try to keep my anonymity. I just wanted to post about smash and speculate back then, translate things and throw up support for obscure characters. But out of morbid curiosity, I went and found out that used to post in the same threads as Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and papagenos papagenos . Holy cow that was forever ago, like 10+ yrs, a house, wife, kid, and career ago... Not sure if that gives any of you guys hope, but the battle for Geno has been going on for a really long time apparently

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
It all really depends on if they shadowdrop it or not. Though they did announce the last one in advance.
If we see any Square Enix games during the showcase, time for us to get hyped!
I could see them announcing the next Partner Showcase in advance... hopefully like two days in advance though, not literally the night before.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
I could see them announcing the next Partner Showcase in advance... hopefully like two days in advance though, not literally the night before.
I think they know they need to do more than a partner showcase. Especially if they're going to start selling holiday games come November, they need to build a little hype. Maybe we'll get a partner showcase first week of August, but a full direct should follow pretty soon after. I'm kind of convinced at this point that will be in September, but I want to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom