• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

QQS

Smash Lord
93397186-C4A6-4A5E-A00D-4CCE07C0DCB7.png

THERE IS NO CHANCE IN HELL THE UNIVERSE IS MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY OF THE SEVENTH STAR TO BE GENO.

Im a dreamer. I have always been. So many fans will be pleased and so many detractors will be shut the ____ up.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm so tired, Friends...i'm so tired of hatred....
I know this is easier said than done, but at the end of the day it’s just a video game. It’s not that big of a deal. Just lighten up and realize someone else disliking Geno isn’t going to stop him from getting in.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Thats an old sceenshot isnt it? The NEW is still there!
The "NEW" tab that disappeared used to be here on the Fighters link...
Screenshot (568).png

The one on the actual Fighters page itself is, to my knowledge, always there on the most recent character... unless I'm wrong and that one disappears too.

Firox

Smash Master
Hey, guys, so I'm been off the grid for the last few days, but I was wondering if any of you had seen the rumors going around that the next DLC fighter could be from Pokken Tournament. The reasoning the people are pointing out is the fact that there is a free trial demo of Pokken Tournament coming up that would coincide with the next character reveal window (last week of July-first week of August). As a recap, the window was calculated based on the fact that the "new" tab on Min Min on the official SB website was taken down and that a new reveal has always happened about 26-30 days after. Since a similar thing happened with the ARMS demo and Min Min's reveal, people are thinking it may be a pattern. I kinda doubt it, especially for the horrifying possibility of having an entire pass of shills and half-shills, but I wanted to see what your thoughts were on this.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Hey, so you guys know how I was waiting to by a Switch until Geno was revealed and that I would buy everything at once?

Well, I was getting REALLY worried because because all routes point to Geno showing up really soon and I'm basically broke af due to a lot of improper spending months ago that is normally out of character for me combined with actual bills. Now I'm states away from home with no job other than helping my dad (which doesn't pay me in anything but helping my day be able to retire in a few years, though I will say that's payment enough in it's own way) and no way nor time to setup any quick temporary gigs.

So I'm freaking out because I don't want to be left behind when Geno shows up, not only to miss out on playing him while he's new (both to miss enjoying him fresh with the rest of you guys as well as knowing that getting into a fighting game late means everyone knows the game and the character way better than you) but also just being left out when his time comes after waiting this long, even if it was only for a couple months, feels absolutely dreadful.

See, that is where my friend Dan comes in.

See, Dan is a bit of a Nintendo Elitist who keeps his elitism mostly to himself. He truly thinks the Switch is the best console out there in terms of overall value and in many ways I agree as someone who loved the idea of the Switch from it's first reveal. He's even given up on current gen consoles, selling his PS4 and refusing to buy the next gen PS5 or Series X because he already has what he needs right in his Switch. He's years younger than me, but we are both suckers for Nintendo's charm in their games.

This elitism comes in a good package though, as through this elitism he offered to any of his friends who wanted a Switch that if they pay roughly half he would pay the other half for a Switch, as well as hook them up with a year of NSO and their first game. Well at the time I had to leave the state and couldn't afford it, but in the years I was gone only one person took him up on his offer, and after reconnecting him after being super anti-social that entire time he decided that it was time to get me a Switch.

We looked around but couldn't find one until we hit up our local GameStop who thought they were out at first but wouldn't luck have it a shipment from Nintendo just came in and...well...

Here we are.

In some ways, it's almost surreal. I currently only have what games are given by having my free trial of NSO, so it almost feels like I don't have a Switch sometimes as I always envisioned getting it with Smash, but I still play it nearly every night and NSO gives me so many games I love like Super Mario World, Kirby Super Star, Panel De Pon and the recent DKC. When we hang out again he plans on getting me that year of NSO and my first game, but I'm a stickler for physical copies of my games, so we are waiting until we hang out again.

Still, I need you guys to understand how perfect this whole scenario at GameStop was.
  1. I was so excited to see my bud Dan that I wore my Geno shirt that I posted earlier, the sick design of him using Geno Blast from TeePublic.
  2. We could have gone to one more place to check for a Switch but we went to GameStop first despite both of us not liking to give them business.
  3. Even though Switchs are hard to come by, GameStop managed to receive ONE that day, and it's the updated model with better battery life.
  4. I had to split my payment between cash and card, and I had $77 and some change in my pocket after breaking a twenty at a second hand shop.
  5. As the game was checking us out, the infamous Pamela Horton video came up.
  6. As I told my buddy Dan what happened with that video, the guy finished checking us out right at the time the new edit came in.
  7. Nothing else coincidental happened, but we all like the number 7 here, so number 7 it is.
God guys, I can't wait to play Smash Ultimate for the first time since the game ****ing launched, as Dan and I didn't play it when we were at his house as Luigi's Mansion 3 co-op was just too much fun. I can't wait to play as Geno, and if any of you dare I will challenge you in Panel De Pon...but beware: I only challenge in confidence with games I know I have skill in, and Panel De Pon (and it's sequels by many other names) is one of the few.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm sorry for posting all this off topic spam guys, it's just I'm so excited to see all this beta stuff from the SNES and N64 eras see the light of day.
Oh you're fine. I actually love getting to see this never before seen and unused content from some of our favorite games, so I would love to be updated!

P.S. I know Nintendo isn't taking too kindly to these leaks, but you have to admit, they are still pretty frickin' cool regardless.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I know this is easier said than done, but at the end of the day it’s just a video game. It’s not that big of a deal. Just lighten up and realize someone else disliking Geno isn’t going to stop him from getting in.
Not at all. Im refering to um...something else. It does tie into it.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Hey, guys, so I'm been off the grid for the last few days, but I was wondering if any of you had seen the rumors going around that the next DLC fighter could be from Pokken Tournament. The reasoning the people are pointing out is the fact that there is a free trial demo of Pokken Tournament coming up that would coincide with the next character reveal window (last week of July-first week of August). As a recap, the window was calculated based on the fact that the "new" tab on Min Min on the official SB website was taken down and that a new reveal has always happened about 26-30 days after. Since a similar thing happened with the ARMS demo and Min Min's reveal, people are thinking it may be a pattern. I kinda doubt it, especially for the horrifying possibility of having an entire pass of shills and half-shills, but I wanted to see what your thoughts were on this.
Huh, so where are the Chain Chomp from Mario Tennis Aces and The Captain from Splatoon? The fact that Byleth was revealed alongside FE Warriors and Min Min obviously with Arms was just a coincidence

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Well, the ARMS free trial just so happened to be announced in the very same Mini Direct where the ARMS character was announced as a guessing game, so I reckon that one was more to have people look into the game alongside waiting for the smash character, rather than lead up to it (couldn't have, since they were shown at the same time). As for the FEW one it was there, sure, but so far it's been the only one that happened before a character released, so it could have been a coincidence. Or the exception, I dunno. I suppose it's there, but it's only happened once thus far.

EDIT: I actually went back to check and the FEW one happened after Byleth was revealed so yeah I suppose there's no precedence.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Well, the ARMS free trial just so happened to be announced in the very same Mini Direct where the ARMS character was announced as a guessing game, so I reckon that one was more to have people look into the game alongside waiting for the smash character, rather than lead up to it (couldn't have, since they were shown at the same time). As for the FEW one it was there, sure, but so far it's been the only one that happened before a character released, so it could have been a coincidence. Or the exception, I dunno. I suppose it's there, but it's only happened once thus far.
Could you imagine if they force us to play the guessing game with Pokken like they did with ARMS?

"A character from Pokken Tournament is coming to Smash! Find out who in September!"

I would lead the raid on Nintendo HQ in retaliation.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I saw an article on this and it seemed so dumb.

We already knew about getting an ARMS rep for Smash at the same time they announced a free trial for ARMS.

It wouldn't make sense to announce the trial before the reveal if there was one, and on top of that Pokken Tournament has no exclusive characters barring Shadow Mewtwo kinda but not really so it would just be a new Pokemon in Smash...but the newest Pokemon in Pokken is Decidueye and not a Gen 8 Pokemon, so wouldn't they shill Gen 8 instead if they were going to shill a new Pokemon?

Yeah, it makes no sense.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Could you imagine if they force us to play the guessing game with Pokken like they did with ARMS?

"A character from Pokken Tournament is coming to Smash! Find out who in September!"

It's Charizard again, in true Game Freak fashion.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
While we wait, let's reflect on the fact that even Sakurai wants a new Mother title

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
More Zelda 64 stuff has been dumped:

Two things:

A) this isn't a social thread as of now; unless they find beta versions or the source code for Super Mario RPG, it's off-topic to bring up Zelda beta versions and the like. We have social threads for that. (Mario games are at least related to Geno)

B) When you embed tweets, make sure that they aren't any words in there that would normally be censored.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Two things:

A) this isn't a social thread as of now; unless they find beta versions or the source code for Super Mario RPG, it's off-topic to bring up Zelda beta versions and the like. We have social threads for that. (Mario games are at least related to Geno)

B) When you embed tweets, make sure that they aren't any words in there that would normally be censored.
Sorry, it's just this is a HUGE find for the community. This stuff right here is the stuff of legends.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
It's Charizard again, in true Game Freak fashion.
If game freak was involved in FP1 we would end gettin this:
EHMTBNhXYAEHeIZ.jpg

Note: Charizard of CP5 is like Charizard from Smash 4, the stage is Lavender Town (Because is Spooky) and the Music is all Gen 1 music because GameFreak like Kanto
Pd: The guest characters in the stages of Jokerizard, Erdrickzard, Banjizard & Charizooie and Terrizard (Including Tockles) will all have the Charizard face :4charizard:

a random user

Smash Journeyman

at least its not fire emblem, again. Given byleth this would be quite the show

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Cut down for brevity
I'm surprised you haven't gotten a Switch until now. I obviously don't know your life and situation surrounding money, but why would you wait to get the new Nintendo console from 2017 until Geno released? Wouldn't you want to play the countless good games on the system? I get you want Geno, but why deprive yourself of the entire console just until he releases? Seems weird to me. Couldn't you have gotten everything but just not purchase the DLC for Ultimate until Geno was announced?

You do you though, as you've clearly done. Not trying to tell you how to live your life, I just personally wouldn't hold back on buying the new Nintendo console with all it's great games just because a Smash character I want isn't in Ultimate yet.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
While we wait, let's reflect on the fact that even Sakurai wants a new Mother title

It took me so long to realize that in Ultimate during Ness's final smash that colored orbs circle around him, Paula and Poo. These orbs are the same as the ones seen on the Your sanctuary images when you use the Sound Stone and change color in the same order. And the final orb twirl away just like they do after you get all eight Sanctuary locations. I can't believe the level of detail here for Earthbound.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
How can you be so filled with hatred when stuff like this has now made itself known?
Damn BOE, HE THICC. also, my spirit animal in this quarantine whenever I get out

If Geno isn´t 77, he´s gonna be the last DLC character, if he doesn´t get MII costume´d

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Warning Issued
Two things:

Thanks for the obvious reminder and un-needed guidance, Doctor Buzzkill.

Glad to see some things don't change around here. I mean, if I want to know how my fellow GENO SUPPORTERS feel about these source code leaks, why would I join the GENERAL THREAD to see what my fellow GENO SUPPORTERS think and search through all the muck and garbage spouted over there just to find what my fellow GENO SUPPORTERS are saying.

But, you know, that's none of my business.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!

Sakurai has done so much for the Mother series in terms of representation.

I know the series doesn't mean much to a lot of people and that Ness and Lucas are annoying characters, but it's really nice that this franchise is lucky enough to have its legacy still live on. It could've had a much worse fate like many other cult classic RPGs...

Paraster

Smash Lord
I mean, yes, it was. Thumbnails are the gateway to a video. They have to be done on purpose.
I know that he put Luigi and Cinderace there on purpose, but I was wondering where he intentionally made it look like Cinderace was literally kicking Luigi's butt or if that part was a happy accident.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Welp, if we're getting anything tomorrow then it'll probably be a shadowdrop.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I know to expect the unexpected, but I'm kinda surprised Nintendo is going into August 6th with its shareholders saying "There's stuff coming, trust us, anyways... uh... you like Paper Mario, right?"

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
August 3rd it is, then.

I hope...

Firox Firox I feel it doesn’t mean anything. With ARMS they did it at the same time as the ARMS in Smash reveal to promote it, while here Pokken is just being promoted with nothing to tie into it. They also had a free trial of Splatoon 2 after ARMS and we got nothing unless you want to count the Callie and Marie mii costumes which came alongside Min Min over a month after the trial ended, so y’know.

As for Byleth, FEW getting a trial very likely meant nothing. It would’ve made more sense to have Three Houses instead, and Byleth isn’t in FEW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom