• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Of course it means nothing for you because it’s not Geno.
I meant it as probably nothing since Nintendo looks to be just pulling a joke, however while I do want Geno more I would also love to see Waluigi join the game as he’s probably in my top 10.

To be honest the idea that it could mean something did come to mind especially given what Fatman and PapaGenos have talked about, however I just mostly thought it was Nintendo joking around and nothing more (though I did think maybe they were using Waluigi because of fans and maybe they’ll use him more soon), and I didn’t want people outside this thread once again jumping to conclusions and thinking me or anyone else were conspiracy theorists while I like the other topics you all bring up in this thread and I know none of us are like that so it’s on them to come understand us, I still get this fear...

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
if you like it, don’t be afraid to talk about it. I won’t be that guy that harassed a person from liking a game that I won’t play for whatever reason.

(I know Pokémon gets hate and although I agree with the “bad” stuff about it, I still like it. I’d rather love it, but it is what it is.)
It´s ironic. Is it horrible=... not really. Is it amazing? No...... The game is okay, but also frustrating. The game could have easily been a good "meet in the middle", letting this Paper Mario have its gimmick (aka the puzzle fighting) while also being a turn-based RPG that fans want. There is a reason to fight here unlike the previous two (you need every coin you can get, in order to bribe Toads as much as possible during the fights or pay for Items that cost up to the triple digits, and you get the most confetti through fighting) but an exp meter with a form of the level-up system, giving the option to get an extra turn to do the puzzle, more hit points or getting more time on the clock from start (just dropping some random examples of what they could have done for rewards as a level up system, but you get the ****)

Even though there are not "original characters" besides Olivia and The Oragami King, the charm and presentation of the old is there. So in essence, putting my bias aside that wants another TTYD, the game is fine. But as someone that wants another TTYD, it is frustrating to play a game where you can see the small tweaks they could have done, to make it a "sequel" while keeping the general idea of the puzzle combat.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Quick question, when was anti-Geno sentiment been at its STRONGEST? I have no idea historically, but given what's recently cropped up, I imagine that now is probably the strongest it's been.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Quick question, when was anti-Geno sentiment been at its STRONGEST? I have no idea historically, but given what's recently cropped up, I imagine that now is probably the strongest it's been.
After the other impossibles were released and Geno is still “relevant” in speculation. Long requested things are always hated. If Geno gets in, that burden shall pass to someone else that’s been requested for a long time.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
After the other impossibles were released and Geno is still “relevant” in speculation. Long requested things are always hated. If Geno gets in, that burden shall pass to someone else.
I have no idea who's next on the list. I assume it's Waluigi, but idk.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Either him or Isaac would be the next "never evers" for whom the baton would be passed to in my opinion.
That's what I think. Either way, these's going to be an endless line of "Never-Evers" and people both lauding them with love and heat.

LDGno97

Smash Cadet
So if anyone remember, I was making a big collage to our star boi (a pretty mean one)....If anyone wants to have it send me a private.
Respect our chances, let's wait, patiently, until our time finally comes. And if he isn't in, let's handle it easy. At the end, it's just a game, bros. BTW almost 3000 pages let's gooooo!!!!! :starman::starman::starman::starman:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Either him or Isaac would be the next "never evers" for whom the baton would be passed to in my opinion.
Issac fans got it hard. Grinch Leak and coincidences at the time pointed specifically to him fell apart. And the idea of him being next in line for the hate crown. I shudder to think about it.

link2702

Smash Champion
So uh...how many pages did ridley/krool/banjo/other highly requested characters get to before they finally were revealed? Just curious.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
First impressions of Paper Mario The Origami King:
It's objectively a good game, but not necessarily a good Paper Mario game.

The dialogue is funny and lighthearted, though it wouldn't hurt if they could turn the Paper puns down a notch.
The soundtrack has a number of sick bangers.
The graphics and art style is breath taking for a Paper Mario game, the last one I played was SPM, and I honestly thought it looked mediocre compared to the previous entries.
The story is meh, Paper Mario 64, PM TTYD, and SPM had an actual plot that raised the replayability factor for those games.

Yep, on its own PM TOK is good, but as a Paper Mario game it's only better than Sticker Star and Color Splash, which were already bad games, so that's not something to brag about.

Dan

Smash Lord
I might be enlisting someone to make Mario RPG figures/sculptures for me... my World of Nintendo Mario figure is 4" to the top of his hat... how tall would this make Geno and Mallow? Some artwork depicts Geno as being bigger than Mario... what do you guys think? I was thinking 2.5" for Mallow and anywhere from 3.5-4" for Geno.

tl;dr: Is Geno taller, shorter or the same size as Mario?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom