• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I don't really think Nintendo has to have "big hitters" in order for the pass to sell well. Nintendo has gone and said that the first pass already sold like hotcakes, and was a point of significant $$$; its likely that it did well above their expectations, and was a pretty good investment.

The second fighters pass was likely not going to earn as much as the first, due to natural decline in the playerbase. However, it's still Smash it's still going to sell like hotcakes in the end, and still be extremely profitable even if all 6 characters aren't particularly groundbreaking. Heck, even if all 6 are first party, from a "money" perspective that likely means far less fees paid to 3rd party companies.

That said, this is Nintendo; they aren't predictable at all and they definitely do know how to surprise. There are going to be 1st parties, 3rd parties, shill characters, groundbreaking characters, literal who's, and fan-favorites; Nintendo likes being unpredictable and no one out there except for Sakurai, and some top officials at Bamco/Nintendo likely even know who all these 6 DLC characters are yet.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Having a first party-only pass certainly isn't stupid, but it doesn't seem like it would get a lot of people's hopes up given the track record for first party newcomers through Smash DLC.

So far, we've gotten...

-a blatant promotional pick for a game that hadn't been released outside of Japan at the time of their announcement (:4corrin::4corrinf:)
-a random Mario enemy that had the unfortunate timing of being announced alongside a Direct that was a letdown at worst and for most people, just okay (:ultpiranha:)
-an eighth Fire Emblem character whose inclusion makes the exclusion of Rex seem hypocritical (:ultbyleth:)
-and Min Min, who seems to be met with a more positive reception, but it seems too early to be sure (:ultminmin) - reaction videos seem somewhat muted, but I'm not sure if that's due to the fact that we knew that we'd be getting an ARMS character for three months.

Compared to the third party picks, that's not a stellar reception. We don't know how being an assist trophy impacts a character's chances (Spring Man wasn't explicitly ruled out because of it, but he also wasn't mentioned as being one of the characters that Sakurai considered), and even without them, there are plenty of great choices (there doesn't seem to be anything stopping Dixie Kong, in particular), but any first party picks would have to walk a fine line of not seemingly like Nintendo's blatantly trying to promote something (which, arguably, 3/4 of the above-mentioned characters were) while still being in demand. (arguably, the only one of those four who had a large amount of demand going into this was Min Min - Byleth had some, but it seemed like Edelgard, Claude, and Dimitri were all significantly more popular choices)
This. Poll after poll has shown that there's not a lot of first party characters left that people are super interested in at the moment. You arguably have Rex, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Skull Kid, and Waluigi and that's largely it. I feel this mostly has to do with the fact that they knocked out a lot of long time first party requests in the base game:

-8 new first party (9 if you count Inceniroar)

-3 cut first party (6 if you count the Pokemon)

That's 11 if you low-ball it and 15 you don't.

The enthusiasm really isn't there yet for a lot of first party characters because the base game did a pretty good job of knocking out a ton. Plus, as this shows, the first party requests aren't exactly super high ranking for the most part:

https://sourcegaming.info/2020/06/20/mega-smash-poll-ssbu-fighter-pass-2/

There's 9 in the top 50, 5 in the top 20, and literally 1 in top 10 and they're ranked 9th.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nintendo is not even able to give us a direct during these times. Microsoft and Sony were close to delaying their new consoles due to this virus. Sorry, but you should not act like this is nothing. I hope I´m wrong about it will take longer for the next character to be revealed/released. But I would not be surprised, no matter if it's third or first. Feels like you are all underestimating the blow that this virus has done to the entire world. Heck the entire thread here was so sure that we were going to get at least one more character reveal with the knowledge on who the arms character were and look how that turned out.
You're missing the point. Companies can and will force deadlines if they feel the need to.

Nintendo has to adhere to that, including with Smash DLC. Or they have to outright break off the characters, which it's evident by Sakurai's statements in the Min Min presentation we're getting all 6 DLC packs, period.

You're way overestimating how this affects companies. Do you think each one cares how the virus is? The reality is many are jerks and won't delay stuff no matter what. That's reality. Some don't give a crap and never ever will. Forced deadlines can and still happen even to this day. You're expecting every company to act actually responsible to their employees and treat them right. That couldn't be further from the truth. That's the way it should be, not the way it actually is. We're going to see a lot of unfinished games to begin with due to deadlines not allowing leeway regardless of the virus. Which will suck, but is far more realistic than a company actually treating their employees right in every single case in the world. More realistically, maybe 95% of the companies, if I'm kind, will actually delay things due to the virus. It's going to be outliers, but we can't realistically say all companies will do the right thing. That's never happened in the history of mankind and never will.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I dunno man. I just don't see July being the month we get the next character. It just seems too soon. Like, if they were that ready, why not have them announced back to back? Why wait like 2-4 weeks to announce the next character to take away the attention from Min Min almost immediately. Just doesn't seem to make sense to me.
I don't often here so I don't even feel like reading ALL the replies after your comment, but I saw your comment and I feel like reminding everyone of something (if someone already brought this up in the last pages, my bad), but basically, Sakurai stated around the times when only Joker was revealed, that they were working on Joker, fp2 and fp3. This was translated by pushdustin back then, it's literally sakurai's words.

What I'm trying to say with this, is that they work on batches of 3 characters at the same time, we've known this ever since then. If they worked with Fp1 2 and 3 at the same time, and then fp4 (terry) is when pass 2 was decided, then fp 4 5 and 6 were being worked all together as well. Min min has been done for a while and most likely was just on polishing phase during this month, so they most likely have already started working on fp 7 8 and 9 as the next batch of 3. On min min's presentation they re-stated that they are working on the next fighters AND their trailers. Funny how they remind us about the trailers as well in particular huh? And it was stated somewhere that the company that makes the CGI trailers for smash and such, started working again back in early April, so most likely the trailer for fp7 could easily be already done. Whether or not they decide to show gameplay of fp7, they could still just show the animated trailer, or a teaser of it (like they did with Terry and Joker kinda). I don't think it's crazy to expect a reveal in either sometime in july (maybe late july, I dunno) or August.

They stated that games for 2020 are still on schedule in both May's investor meeting and this month's Shareholder meeting, so I think DLC is easily on schedule too, and it's not like they are working super hard on new modes or balancing like before… We are definitely 100% gonna get fp7 this year imo.
If anything, I think fp8 is only tentative to be either holiday or sometime in January (released I mean). If somehow June was to have a dual reveal, I think it's fair to speculate that fp7's trailer is probably ready enough to be shown sooner rather than later ( I can't guess when, of course ). The same way I think we should be getting a game announcement sometime in July, after all, there's nothing else 1st Party IP that we know from Nintendo aside from Paper Mario… and they gotta start proving that they have their scheduled games for 2020 still on schedule, lol. I don't think they have the luxury to skip months without announcements anymore, specially seeing how paper mario was announced 2 months before release, and we only have 6 months left of the year… I think trailers and announcements should pick up soon in these upcoming 2 months, or at least I hope that's the case lol.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They sure can. But Nintendo is known for not releasing unfinished products and companies know this.
And the companies still will force the deadlines anyway.

Did you think they didn't have deadlines hard planned a long time ago? These would've been ideal to change due to COVID later on, but let's be real; not every company is smart enough to legitimately do this. Some characters have a good chance of not being delayed.

Min Min herself was delayed, but she's also 1st party. There was likely a leeway time given for each deadline companies agreed upon too. And they may have been nice enough to slightly delay a game or not, mayyyyyyyybe. But that's not some obvious reaction.

You're vastly underestimating a company's willing to change things. Nothing but them literally having an entire change of the core staff deciding these things would realistically make them change their core views of how the run their company. It sucks, but welcome to reality.

I don't buy for a single moment every company will play ball. That's never been the case since, well, ever. A pandemic won't change that either.

Firox

Smash Master
This. Poll after poll has shown that there's not a lot of first party characters left that people are super interested in at the moment. You arguably have Rex, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Skull Kid, and Waluigi and that's largely it. I feel this mostly has to do with the fact that they knocked out a lot of long time first party requests in the base game:

-8 new first party (9 if you count Inceniroar)

-3 cut first party (6 if you count the Pokemon)

That's 11 if you low-ball it and 15 you don't.

The enthusiasm really isn't there yet for a lot of first party characters because the base game did a pretty good job of knocking out a ton. Plus, as this shows, the first party requests aren't exactly super high ranking for the most part:

There's 9 in the top 50, 5 in the top 20, and literally 1 in top 10 and they're ranked 9th.
Let's face it. People love crossovers. Why? Because there's always the burning question of how characters that would otherwise never cross would interact. Like Mario and Sonic, back in the day. People lost their **** when Sonic got into Brawl because it was the first game ever where the two legendary mascots could actually beat each other's faces in. That said, the best cross overs involve the most unexpected and outlandish characters you can imagine coming together. That's why third parties are so hype. We've already seen a quarter of the smash bros cast interact in games outside of Smash like Mario Kart or the Olympic Games, etc. But we've never seen Master Chief fight Samus (Haloid, hehehe), Sora fight Cloud, or Crash in a FFA against Mario AND Sonic. These are the characters/fights people would pay to see. That's why third parties are so hype. They're a side of these characters we've never seen before. Then there's also cases like Geno, where they aren't just a new interaction, but also a nostalgia attack in a cape. It's that new (or extremely classic) frontier that they bring that makes people hype.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey, remember that leak from the female leaker from not too long ago about something from Nintendo being shown on the 6th and 14th of this month? Does anyone still believe that after that GameXplain video on the last page?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To add to what Nazyrus Nazyrus said, they work on multiple characters at a time and Min-Min was already delayed two months. When Hero was delayed about a month and half in the Fighter's Pass, Banjo came out almost exactly a month later. I still think we're going to be waiting until September for 7's release but I honestly don't think we're worse off than a month off from their announcement, tops.

MattX20

Smash Hero
To add to what Nazyrus Nazyrus said, they work on multiple characters at a time and Min-Min was already delayed two months. When Hero was delayed about a month and half in the Fighter's Pass, Banjo came out almost exactly a month later. I still think we're going to be waiting until September for 7's release but I honestly don't think we're worse off than a month off from their announcement, tops.
That's what I've been expecting, the reveal trailer's assuredly been done for a while now, it's just they'll hold off the release for September and likely the reveal for FP8 since that would be a decent 2 month gap

Droodle

Smash Lord
Hey, remember that leak from the female leaker from not too long ago about something from Nintendo being shown on the 6th and 14th of this month? Does anyone still believe that after that GameXplain video on the last page?
As someone who doesn't believe the leak (too spotty of a track record with the leaker). It doesn't really matter at all to the leaks. we can still have major announcements on those days without it being during a presentation or direct.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Just for the sake of discussion, there is this Pokemon called Inteleon. He's a British secret agent who, much like our boy Geno, has working finger guns and a whole lotta hidden weapons and what's THIS? A KNIFE IN HIS TAIL (according to the Pokemon website anyhow, not actually seen in-game).

Well now THIS could (potentially) be interesting. Tall, lanky character with needly limbs and a stabby tail?

Never say never

View attachment 276773
>Everyone wants a grass-type starter for Smash to "complete the trio"
>We get blue Gex instead

Oh god, PLEASE let this happen.

In Geno's defense, they could just fill the rest of his soundtrack pack with other RPG Mario songs. It helps that a large majority of Mario RPGs are composed by Yoko Shimomura already, so it wouldn't feel out of place.
I'd absolutely love to get more Mario & Luigi music. Partners In Time's final boss theme and the Bowser battle theme from Bowser's Inside Story would be sick.

They can still do presentations/reveals for FP7 and beyond even without directs. I have a hard time believing Min Min is going to be our only reveal prior to September
People be like "How's Nintendo gonna livestream if it isn't a Direct?".

MattX20

Smash Hero
One more thing that we should remember is that we've had a case of a reveal trailer happen for a Smash character without a Direct/presentation before: Shulk's reveal trailer for Smash 4. FP7 could easily follow a similar pattern with an announcement on Nintendo's twitter accounts saying the next reveal trailer goes live on a specific day

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
One more thing that we should remember is that we've had a case of a reveal trailer happen for a Smash character without a Direct/presentation before: Shulk's reveal trailer for Smash 4. FP7 could easily follow a similar pattern with an announcement on Nintendo's twitter accounts saying the next reveal trailer goes live on a specific day
You're thinking of Robin, not Shulk.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
No, Shulk had a reveal trailer announced to occur via Japanese social media, but it's true that Robin got that too
Shulk's reveal trailer was the same as all others, in that it dropped randomly via Nintendo Direct. It's just that the Direct he was announced in was Japan-exclusive.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
You're missing the point. Companies can and will force deadlines if they feel the need to.

Nintendo has to adhere to that, including with Smash DLC. Or they have to outright break off the characters, which it's evident by Sakurai's statements in the Min Min presentation we're getting all 6 DLC packs, period.

You're way overestimating how this affects companies. Do you think each one cares how the virus is? The reality is many are jerks and won't delay stuff no matter what. That's reality. Some don't give a crap and never ever will. Forced deadlines can and still happen even to this day. You're expecting every company to act actually responsible to their employees and treat them right. That couldn't be further from the truth. That's the way it should be, not the way it actually is. We're going to see a lot of unfinished games to begin with due to deadlines not allowing leeway regardless of the virus. Which will suck, but is far more realistic than a company actually treating their employees right in every single case in the world. More realistically, maybe 95% of the companies, if I'm kind, will actually delay things due to the virus. It's going to be outliers, but we can't realistically say all companies will do the right thing. That's never happened in the history of mankind and never will.
Have to agree with IceWolf on this. I doubt we get the full truth in terms of how this impacts development. And ofcourse its impact varies from company to company. Deadlines aren't always hit even under normal circumstances, and sure there are usually repercussions . However, this being a global pandemic and all, some companies really don't have a choice but to have some give on what they originally expected. I deal with it on a daily basis since I interact with multiple manufacturers during work. Its not as simple as taking your business else where when other are back logged, or switching will still result in a longer delay.

Nintendo could be absolutely fine, but based off their current approach of releasing information I would honestly say they just had issues transitioning to an off site setup.

Besides, the deadline for the pass itself is DEC 2021, if i had to make an assumption, Sakurai still feels confident the pass will be wrapped up by that time frame. They've honestly given themselves a lot of wiggle room to work with here. There could potentially be certain features that were cut due to time constraints.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Have to agree with IceWolf on this. I doubt we get the full truth in terms of how this impacts development. And ofcourse its impact varies from company to company. Deadlines aren't always hit even under normal circumstances, and sure there are usually repercussions . However, this being a global pandemic and all, some companies really don't have a choice but to have some give on what they originally expected. I deal with it on a daily basis since I interact with multiple manufacturers during work. Its not as simple as taking your business else where when other are back logged, or switching will still result in a longer delay.

Nintendo could be absolutely fine, but based off their current approach of releasing information I would honestly say they just had issues transitioning to an off site setup.

Besides, the deadline for the pass itself is DEC 2021, if i had to make an assumption, Sakurai still feels confident the pass will be wrapped up by that time frame. They've honestly given themselves a lot of wiggle room to work with here. There could potentially be certain features that were cut due to time constraints.
Sorry, I don't see any world where every single company will change deadlines under any condition unless it's beyond impossible to do something. And they still rush the game anyway. We've seen this bull**** with Sonic 06, as they fired the testers to get it out on time. Of all things, that kind of bull****.

I don't buy it. And never will. We'll get everyone by 2021 as planned, but the chances of every deadline being possibly delayed is not very strong. It's not up to Nintendo alone to delay it. They have to get permission from a company first. This is just a reality check. Some will not say "yes" just because of the pandemic. They absolutely should, but they still won't.

People have way more faith in humanity than they should. That's not a realistic take on it.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

In regards to this post, I was honestly surprised to see some of my favorites actually make the top 100:

Crash: #1
Quote: #47
Dragonborn: #72
Prince of All Cosmos: #99
Eggman: #25
Tails: #28

Also surprised that the Nerevarine (Morrowind's protagonist) got a vote!

On another note, I really wish people would stop allowing votes for Miku on these polls, especially when other "borderline" characters who didn't originate from games (such as Geralt) are not. Miku is not a game character.

Back on topic, I can completely see why there's little to no enthusiasm for a first party pass. The First Party newcomer DLC track record hasn't been good, the base game knocked out a lot of long time first party requests, and any remaining big first party requests (such as Waluigi, Isaac, Bandana Dee, or Dixie Kong) are losing enthusiasm despite spirits being back on the table. Which is due to said track record, along with said characters being either outright dismissed or simply not on Sakurai's wishlist (Smash team isn't too interested in Donkey Kong, Sakurai is very dismissive of Waluigi, Adventure/Super Star/Dreamland 1 bias on the Kirby side, etc), as opposed to characters Sakurai has expressed enthusiasm for, such as Rex and Pyra. And they're pretty split on their inclusion (some not finding them interesting and fans who want other Xenoblade characters, while others wanna see them in to avenge them after they were considered too new when Byleth wasn't). Also, this being the last Smash game for the forseeable future, this is the last chance for a lot of characters, and people wanna see this go out in a bang. A lot of first parties have another chance in the next game when that eventually comes, but it's now or never for most third parties.

It's even unsure for Namco third parties, given that they might not even be a part of the next game.

>We get Gex instead
Fixed xD

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Nintendo has shown consistently they aren't exactly above releasing games rushed or lacking in content only to patch them later. ARMS, both Splatoons, Mario Tennis Aces, even single player stuff like Kirby Star Allies all released at best being light on content or being blatantly unfinished at launch like Kirby. Hell, even New Horizons is going with the same dripping content model. Obviously all of these games recieved more (and very importantly, FREE) content after launch, but it sets a precedent. I can easily see a situation where a game Nintendo plans to be out this year isn't delayed but has portions pushed back.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
They still need to sell the pass, and unfortunately, MinMin is not going to be enough for most people to buy the full pass. They need a real heavy hitter or it will be a financial sink. Nintendo is a company, and character negotiations for characters not owned by them aren't cheap.
Chiming in to say that even though I like Min Min and bought her individual character pack, it’s not exactly enough to get me to buy the full pass, especially after the one-two punch of meh that #4 and #5 were.

That’s why I think a double-reveal is so important to have next, because as big as Geno is for practically anyone big into the Smash scene at this point, general audiences won’t care as much, especially when directly paired with Min Min. Reveal Geno and a big-name third party together, though? Then you’d gain significant interest.

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Sorry, I don't see any world where every single company will change deadlines under any condition unless it's beyond impossible to do something. And they still rush the game anyway. We've seen this bull**** with Sonic 06, as they fired the testers to get it out on time. Of all things, that kind of bull****.

I don't buy it. And never will. We'll get everyone by 2021 as planned, but the chances of every deadline being possibly delayed is not very strong. It's not up to Nintendo alone to delay it. They have to get permission from a company first. This is just a reality check. Some will not say "yes" just because of the pandemic. They absolutely should, but they still won't.

People have way more faith in humanity than they should. That's not a realistic take on it.
Lol I wouldn’t say it’s a matter of having faith in humanity. It’s more like they won’t be able to hit a deadline simply because they don’t have the resources to do so.
Even Sakurai has admitted to “challenges” with switching to an at home work setting. Whether that be equipment, internet quality, or other external factors.
Even ordering new equipment takes time, especially when monitors were in higher demand. Things have gotten considerably better though.

Besides whose to say that every contract is the same? Honestly it seems like Joker, Hero, and Byleth were the only ones with what could be tie in promotional content. Whose to say the other company they are working with aren’t having internal issues of their own? It’s all possible under this climate.

Although I think we are on the same page when I say it’s highly unlikely most companies would move a deadline out of the goodness of their hearts.

Regardless if Square /Capcom/ etc has some kind of deadline on the contract, it comes down to Nintendo to actually adhere to it at the end of the day.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
At this point, the only characters left that I see making Smash Ultimate the Ultimate Smash game is Geno and Crash. Geno because he would finish up the four big most wanted characters that people have wanted to see for years but never thought would actually happen, and Crash because he really would complete the 90's gaming rivalry of mascot characters as the representation of PlayStation, just like how Mario represents Nintendo and Sonic represents the Genesis. Without these two, Smash Ultimate just won't feel Ultimate without them.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lol I wouldn’t say it’s a matter of having faith in humanity. It’s more like they won’t be able to hit a deadline simply because they don’t have the resources to do so.
Even Sakurai has admitted to “challenges” with switching to an at home work setting. Whether that be equipment, internet quality, or other external factors.
Even ordering new equipment takes time, especially when monitors were in higher demand. Things have gotten considerably better though.

Besides whose to say that every contract is the same? Honestly it seems like Joker, Hero, and Byleth were the only ones with what could be tie in promotional content. Whose to say the other company they are working with aren’t having internal issues of their own? It’s all possible under this climate.

Although I think we are on the same page when I say it’s highly unlikely most companies would move a deadline out of the goodness of their hearts.

Regardless if Square /Capcom/ etc has some kind of deadline on the contract, it comes down to Nintendo to actually adhere to it at the end of the day.
And it also means Square/Capcom/etc. won't change their deadline either and Nintendo just has to give a less finished character. It goes both ways.

Reality is, it doesn't matter of they lack resources, time, or whatever. Some do not care. It's not that strange of a concept. They won't change the deadline or let Nintendo delay it anyway. And it's blatant faith in humanity. Do you actually think people are realistic when it comes to time factors all the time? No. This happens at the lowest levels. People ask for impossible tasks all the damn time and ***** and moan when people don't meet the highly stupid demands.

This happens all the time. There's a very tiny chance companies won't make a hissy fit if delays happens again. Keep in mind Min Min's delay affects all companies depending upon the contract too. If there's a specific deadline for a single character, that means the companies need to agree to a new deadline or Sakurai has to take less time than he possibly needs. It's that black and white.

And yes, it's purely a faith in humanity situation here. You guys are making the argument companies will actually care about all these factors when it's clear many do not do so and never did. That's reality overall. Humanity is stupid sometimes.

Obviously some aren't done for promotional aspects and won't have a strict deadline. Almost every single character except Banjo & Kazooie among the 3rd parties had promotional timing, so they can't actually delay anything for those. 3rd parties rarely have the option for delaying.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
1593524880267.jpg

>Min Min released and is actually really unique and fun plus total waifu material
>spiritrules btfo
>rumors that this upcoming month is gonna be good
>been chillin' at home listening to the jetsetradio livestream from siivagunners channel (had a few geno references in some of the tracks since he was present in the KFAD tournament)
>4chan threads have started to accept that Geno is actually coming

I have a feeling good times are ahead fellas, let's hope sakurai hooks us up.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Isn't Smash Bros. a collaboration of companies, mainly with Nintendo mostly? Nintendo does seem to care about how they do things, but other companies don't necessarily hold the same philosophy, so there could be conflict in how to handle third party characters, if Beth's last post is anything to go by. If things were to get worse, we could have had an unfinished Cloud in Smash 4. You should know what I mean here. I can see some companies not wanting to wait for characters they have in another company's game to be finished before releasing. Inter-company collaboration isn't always that easy, isn't it?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
>been chillin' at home listening to the jetsetradio livestream from siivagunners channel (had a few geno references in some of the tracks since he was present in the KFAD tournament)
Oh cool! What sort of nods did Geno get?

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
View attachment 276868
>Min Min released and is actually really unique and fun plus total waifu material
>spiritrules btfo

-Min Min is unique: She is so far the most weird character in Ultimate
-Fun: IDK, she is so weird that she feels bad, she kills in so many big percetages
- Waifu material: i won't talk about this
-SpiritRules were wrong: That's the best part
-Rumors over good news in July: I see it Omega Likely
-Siivagunner's content about JSR: I am suscribed to his channel but i haven't watch that
-4chan accept that Geno is most likely in: That is awesome

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
View attachment 276868
>spiritrules btfo

Wait, 4Chan accepted that Geno is likely? Where was this?

QQS

Smash Lord
In this quarantine I’m doing a back to basics with my 3 favorite characters ever: Geno, Link and Mega Man.

Im replaying what I can. Recently I beat all Mega Man Classic saga again from 1 to 11 (also Mega Man & Bass on PC which is considered to be 8.5) + Mega Man X saga from X1 to X8. All in their correct order in their Legacy on Switch. Then I will repeat SMRPG, which is also coming to the NSO of course. About Zelda I don’t have a problem cause it’s my favorite franchise ever, though the love of Geno is equal to Link & Mega Man :)

After Min Min victory, Im more than convinced (even more than before) that Geno is coming to Smash playable. With him my dream roster will be complete.

It’s just about few weeks from his reveal. Also Saturday it’s my birthday and I can feel Geno more close and bright than ever!

I can’t believe the emotion and happiness of the chance that Geno will be #7 and probably Crash or Doomguy #8. Imagine the moment of the start of the CGI. Imagine also the moment of the day when the new patch which includes Geno will be available in probably September. Tears of joy and victory forever. The CGI and the “Geno joins the battle” will be priceless and the greatest victory and demonstration of love from the team and thanks for our passion.

GENO FALLS DOWN TO SMASH!
GENO GATHERS THE 7 STARS!
GENO SHINES BRIGHT!

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Oh cool! What sort of nods did Geno get?
Geno got his name called out by DJ Professor K who did the same with many of the other KFAD contestants. What he said was, "Hey Geno, you're a star.", then proceeded to play a Ristar rip.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Not really, there are slightly more geno threads claiming that he's practically in now; but most of the replies in those threads are definitely not agreeing with those topic. It really isn't different compared to anything before Min-Min, 4chan has some genuine Geno fans but also a lot of Geno haters as well. It's still anti Geno overall, though.

At most on 4chan some anons have shifted to the side that watching Geno get in would be fun, just to see /v/ get BTFO. Likewise some other anons want Geno to get costume'd just to see this thread and the Geno fanbase burn.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Getting BTFO'd is /v/'s favorite pastime.
It is
Well, in part. This past days (Since Min Min's reveal) i hace seen a lot of persons saying stuff like "No, Sora isn't coming, Geno is. I hate Geno but he is in", "If he wasn't going to be playable, he will be a mii costume at now, accept it, He is coming, Move Forward" Etc, no relevant but is a good step

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Geno got his name called out by DJ Professor K who did the same with many of the other KFAD contestants. What he said was, "Hey Geno, you're a star.", then proceeded to play a Ristar rip.
I'm right there listening to the DJPK Takeover too, some of the characters are even getting mid-break voice lines ( I just heard DeDeDe). I haven't been catching the whole thing but I wonder if they got someone to voice Geno and how he would sound.

Speaking of which, The KFAD Mojo is getting new entries today, and Weird Al's had K mention Geno as a possible guest but Al stated that he already returned to the Star Road. God I love the fiction we've been drawn into.

https://mojo.highquality.rip/2020/06/polka-parodist-pops-in/

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
All this talk of a first party pass got me thinking. I mean I'd be super sad to see Geno get shafted again along with other third parties I'd love to see like Rayman and Crash or big names that would be pretty crazy to see in Smash like Sora, Master Chief, or Dante, but considering the first parties left to include, Nintendo would have to massively go out of their way to pick characters that wouldn't get me to buy the pass with a first party pass. Like if said first party pass was any combination of characters like Krystal, Sylux, Dixie Kong, BWD, most Zelda characters, Isaac, pretty much any big remaining Mario character, Rex, heck even most Pokemon, etc those kinds of characters would sell me the pass. Whereas I feel there is more room for them to miss the mark for me personally with third party characters like for example if we got Sol, A LoL character, a Ubisoft character that isn't Rayman, Llyod, and idk someone unexpected from an upcoming game I don't care about or something I might buy Llyod separately even though I don't care about Tales just to support the decision to reward that fanbase, but that's about it. I feel like the only way for them to go wrong with first parties is with more Piranha Plant characters that no one asked for (even tho I love Piranha Plant I don't think it should be paid DLC) or more FE characters that don't accurately represent the franchise by just using swords. I just see a lot more opportunities for disappointment for me with third parties. I guess it's a high risk/reward situation with third parties and low risk/reward for first parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom