• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
There just has to be another site containing their updated legal information. I want to believe but my heart doesnt want to hurt.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Did anyone else think the piranha plant trailer was Geno? I saw that everyone was dizzy with stars circling around their heads and I was like OMG STARS = GENO

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
This is not a drill, Super Mario RPG is no longer listed on Square Enix Holdings Website, but Chrono still is. Did Nintendo just straight up buy SMRPG from square enix?

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/group/index.html
Hey, I didn't know SE published Sekirei! <3

On topic, does anyone have any proof that SMRPG was ever on that page? Not that I am doubting Dr. Robotnik, just want to see for myself.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think that's a large leap in logic to assume Mario RPG not being on a site means Nintendo bought it...

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Honesty speaking, even if he’s never in Ultimate even as DLC, we shouldn’t give up on our little star warrior.

How did K. Rool get into Smash? Another relic character that debuted on the Super Nintendo and hadn’t had a starring role in 20 years. One constantly thrown back into the dumpster of forgotten legacy characters regulated to cameos and appearances in spin-off games, even in his own series. How did he of all people make it into Smash?

He made it in because his fans never stopped. They kept rallying through the troubled periods they found themselves in. They kept making fanart, talking about his moveset potential, urging people to #KrocTheVote during the Ballot. No matter what happened, they kept conversation going.

K. Rool went through some trash to get into Smash, he had a lot of the same arguments thrown against him. (He’s irrelevent; Nintendo doesn’t care about him; he’s owned by a different company; he’s already a trophy/mii costume/spirit)

Geno is in a tough spot right now, so this is the time we have to show the world that this lil’ guy is worth fighting for!

Keep wishin’ on those stars boys, and keep those conversations rolling.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I didn't know SE published Sekirei! <3

On topic, does anyone have any proof that SMRPG was ever on that page? Not that I am doubting Dr. Robotnik, just want to see for myself.
When I made the post a few days ago talking about the different companies that owned DQ and Sora, this site is where I found some of that info, Super Mario RPG was on the list just like "Chrono" of the group's major own IPs.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Was it ever listed there in the first place though?

If it was and it was removed, then that's actually impactful

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
When I made the post a few days ago talking about the different companies that owned DQ and Sora, this site is where I found some of that info, Super Mario RPG was on the list just like "Chrono" of the group's major own IPs.
Oh, so it was there before.

TheBeastHimself

Using the waybackmachine, Super Mario RPG was never listed there. I went as far back as 2015 and it still ain't there unless it was years and years ago.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Using the waybackmachine, Super Mario RPG was never listed there. I went as far back as 2015 and it still ain't there unless it was years and years ago.
Umm. so what is it then?

coolcat12347

Smash Journeyman
Guys, we shouldn't panic.

It was Nintendo that randomly mentioned RPG this year. Yeah, it was for an anniversary- but not even a significant/milestone one?
Something's definitely up.

Last edited:

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Forgot that the waybackmachine was a thing and checked myself, now i need to go through my history and confirm where I saw it. sorry for the hopes. I'll say something where I saw the info when I pull it back up.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Business's and corporations really should make finding this info much easier and without having to go through so much red tape.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Guys, we shouldn't panic.

It was Nintendo that randomly mentioned RPG this year. Yeah, it was for an anniversary- but not even a significant/milestone one?
Something's definitely up.
See this is the one I keep thinking back to. They said, "Happy 22nd anniversary Super Mario RPG!" A game that, let's be honest, they've mostly ignored acknowledging since the 90s. Maybe it is looking too deep in a shallow puddle, but I think that's....something. It definitely breaks the norm, and the timing this year is rather suspicious. I dunno.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Maybe Nintendo flat out chose the roster for this game, not just DLC. Think about... Sakurai gave hard passes to Ridley, Dark Samus, Chrom, and Daisy in the past and suddenly they're all in? Every character is back even though Sakurai has stated it's a huge pain in the ass to not cut characters? This could actually play decently in our favor.

TheBeastHimself

The only thing that's kind of a let down if Geno is in is that we probably won't get a cinematic trailer for him, but regardless GIMMIE GENO

TBone06

Smash Ace
Maybe Nintendo flat out chose the roster for this game, not just DLC. Think about... Sakurai gave hard passes to Ridley, Dark Samus, Chrom, and Daisy in the past and suddenly they're all in? Every character is back even though Sakurai has stated it's a huge pain in the *** to not cut characters? This could actually play decently in our favor.
It makes sense, K.Rool, Ridley, Inkling, Isabelle, even Simon Belmont, all Nintendo icons. There was a lack of unique third parties. The only one, Simon, is pretty much a Nintendo character.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Maybe Nintendo flat out chose the roster for this game, not just DLC. Think about... Sakurai gave hard passes to Ridley, Dark Samus, Chrom, and Daisy in the past and suddenly they're all in? Every character is back even though Sakurai has stated it's a huge pain in the *** to not cut characters? This could actually play decently in our favor.
Maybe it means that as I said, Nintendo are not interested by Smash Bros being Sakurai's game but a game made by a yes man (just like the MARVEL's movies).

Anyway, if Nintendo decided the DLC characters, I gotta say that I'm a bit scared, do they really care about Geno ?I don't think so. But at the same time, they still acknowledged Super Mario RPG (asking us if we were team Geno or team Mallow), we know for a fact that they know about Geno's popularity. So, it could be great but it could also be bad for us. I don't know what to think about Geno's chances to be honest.

But it increases chances of characters like Rayman or Banjo, for sure.

Hopefully, we'll know soon enough about Geno.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Consider this, was there literally any reason to bring back Pichu and Young Link outside of fan demand? How about K. Rool? I think we may have Nintendo pegged all wrong on this one. For the time being, calm your t**** and wait to see if any of the insiders have any commentary on this.

Klimax

Smash Ace
That would be funny that all of the great things about this Smash are coming from Nintendo and not Sakurai.
I'm calling it, the next Smash Bros will be directed by a yesman.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
"EVERYONE IS HERE" was in fact Sakurai's idea, though.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
I've witnessed so much BS from Nintendo for the past decade ( E3 2012/2015,Federation Force,Taking down fanmade games,Switch Online,taking down emulator sites) i am absolutely PREPARED to bash them in case they pull the same with this DLC.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
OK, i've thought about this very thoroughly. As you know -- my friend who is a Nintendo ambassador told me about a week ago there are rumors within NoA of Geno being the Enix DLC. Within NINTENDO.

This may actually be GREAT for Geno. Additionally, SMRPG was on SNES classic, and Nintendo tweeted out an anniversary post for SMRPG in May of this year.
All of this said, this nearly confirms Nintendo is at least somewhat aware of our desire for Geno. Not to mention, Switch-era Nintendo has been somewhat in-touch with fans. The online service was controversial, yes, but they've mostly made smart decisions. It would not surprise me if they thoroughly sorted through polls, the ballots, etc.

If Nintendo knows we want Geno, this is GOOD. They know it would make money.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Oh, something for thought, the Newest Nintendo President of Nintendo basically came into power at the end of 2015, who also put into motion all this change, from the theme park, illumination movie, mobile and indie support.

And then they met with Square.

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
I think the best thing to do is wait to see what the first dlc character revealed will be. That will probably be our best bet for seeing how the dlc will turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom