• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
No he's not. And I've never wanted Geno in a Paper Mario game and i'm pretty sure I have even said on this board that I prefer the Mario RPG universe and Paper Mario universe being seperate.

Please don't act like you know what goes on inside my head, lmao.

Also, the fact that you randomly came in here to defend him says a lot. Going for another drive-by?
Tone it down; there's no reason to start accusing people and getting aggressive. If you think that a user's only here to troll, then don't pay attention to them, put them on your ignore list, or report them. (but only if the post contains trolling; reporting a bunch of posts for little to no reason isn't a great idea)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I honestly wasn't trying to troll guys...

And I don't think Pup was either...

Polarthief

Smash Lord
No worries, Dude, I'm sorry to hear you haven't been doing very well. I hope some good news comes our way soon to help cheer you up. I sure as heck know I could use some. Here's hoping Sakurai unveils the right fighter #7 in a few weeks.
Honestly I was okay until I was greeted with this "delightful" Paper Mario game that's a "return to form of 64/TTYD". Though I do suffer from depression and it has been awhile, so this might just be what triggers my next bout of it anyway. Hopefully Geno saves this year for me.

Idk about you, but Pup's definitely here to troll. When he was disagreed with a few days ago, he just played the victim card and called the rest of us hostile. He also clung to someone who was reverse-trolling for the sake of having an "ally" to bounce his anti-Geno agenda off of.

Bottom line is this: If you're in the Geno support thread, and you continue to spout that you specifically want him as a costume, not a fighter, then quite simply, get the **** out of here because this is a thread that wants him as a fighter. Continuing to say "nah his goal is to be a costume" is doing nothing but being antagonistic for the sake of getting reactions out of people, AKA: Trolling. They're fully aware that they have an unpopular opinion and continue to do it regardless. If you don't see that as trolling, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Neither of you were. There's a difference between trolling and unpopular opinion.

In addition, I can note from years talking to PupNapoleon is that he's bad at reading the room. Don't take it so personally. He also has a vastly different view of things. It's no big deal. If you don't agree, just disagree peacefully in conversation. Slinging around accusations don't help anyone, and also happens to be against the rules here. This isn't a place where you're allowed to treat others poorly.

Besides, the report button is right there. Use it. Ignore them or not reply if you don't want to talk about it. You are not forced to converse with anyone anyway.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hmm...I'm not sure if this was ever discussed, but if you had to keep Geno balanced and not stupidly broken like Bayonetta was in Smash 4, what would you do?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They're fully aware that they have an unpopular opinion and continue to do it regardless. If you don't see that as trolling, I honestly don't know what to tell you.
I mean....

An unpopular opinion isn't necessarily trolling. As long as he earnestly believes it, he's not doing it to get a rise.

Is it a good idea to spout that kind of idea in a Geno thread? I'd say no, but I wouldn't call it trolling if its earnest.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I mean....

An unpopular opinion isn't necessarily trolling. As long as he earnestly believes it, he's not doing it to get a rise.

Is it a good idea to spout that kind of idea in a Geno thread? I'd say no, but I wouldn't call it trolling if its earnest.
That's not what I'm saying, you're more than welcome to have an unpopular opinion, but to claim it to be what should be the case "because I say so", isn't a good platform to stand on, especially when you're in a thread that's to support the character getting in as a fighter, filled with other people with that same idea. Going even further, it's how they went about it, getting defensive, calling us hostile, clinging to their victim card immediately after people disagreed with them a few days ago.

You're more than welcome to think Geno's better as a costume, but don't spout your opinion as fact, and when everyone disagrees with you, either move on, or agree to disagree. Don't become hostile yourself. That's the difference between being a troll and just having an unpopular opinion.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Correct me If im wrong but... return to form of 64/TTYD was from a leak and not the actuall trailer, right?

soo... If your mad about it not being "return to form of 64/TTYD" Shouldnt you be mad that you belived the person that said it/mad at the person that said it?

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Correct me If im wrong but... return to form of 64/TTYD was from a leak and not the actuall trailer, right?

soo... If your mad about it not being "return to form of 64/TTYD" Shouldnt you be mad that you belived the person that said it/mad at the person that said it?
I know, and I never said I wasn't, though that was said by multiple people IIRC.

Regardless, Nintendo making the same mistake 3 times in a row is still something I'm not happy about, especially when it's one of my favorite franchises being destroyed.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I know, and I never said I wasn't, though that was said by multiple people IIRC.

Regardless, Nintendo making the same mistake 3 times in a row is still something I'm not happy about, especially when it's one of my favorite franchises being destroyed.
I mean... They aren't repeating the same mistake a third time.

This looks to be something unique gameplay wise.

Whether its good or not, I can't say, but its clear this isn't SS/CS.
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei You wouldn't happen to be Swampasaur, would you? How the hell are ya? You were kind of one of discussion leaders back in the Smash 4 days.
Yup, that's me.

Hi Fatman.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Hey guys I've been offline all day, why are there so many new pages?

PAPER MARIO? AIHSDUIASDHASUIDABNSDJAI. IT WAS REAL!

Now let's just watch the trailer...

• 2:16 seconds later

OOOOOH, BUT DUDE YOU'RE BEING TOO PESSIMESTIC, THEY WON'T SCREW IT UP A THIRD TIME! SURELY THEY CAN'T BE THAT TONE DEAF!

HOW HARD IS IT TO JUST MAKE A PAPER MARIO GAME! NOBODY WANTS PAPER GIMMICKS. HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE ORIGINAL DESIGNS FOR CHARACTERS THAT AERN'T TOADS. I SWEAR TO GOD IF THOSE BOOTS AT 1:40 MEAN WE ARE GETTING ANOTHER ITEM BASED BATTLE SYSTEM

I'm somehow less angry than Color Splash because atleast I expected this. They just don't care. Just...UHHHHHHHHGGGGG.

I'M MAD BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE'VE BEEN ASKING FOR FOR 13 YEARS. I'VE BEEN EXPECTING IT NOT TO BE THAT BECAUSE THE TEAM JUST WON'T GIVE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
User was warned for this post
Hey guys I've been offline all day, why are there so many new pages?

PAPER MARIO? AIHSDUIASDHASUIDABNSDJAI. IT WAS REAL!

Now let's just watch the trailer...

• 2:16 seconds later

OOOOOH, BUT DUDE YOU'RE BEING TOO PESSIMESTIC, THEY WON'T SCREW IT UP A THIRD TIME! SURELY THEY CAN'T BE THAT TONE DEAF!

HOW HARD IS IT TO JUST MAKE A PAPER MARIO GAME! NOBODY WANTS PAPER GIMMICKS. HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE ORIGINAL DESIGNS FOR CHARACTERS THAT AERN'T TOADS. I SWEAR TO GOD IF THOSE BOOTS AT 1:40 MEAN WE ARE GETTING ANOTHER ITEM BASED BATTLE SYSTEM

I'm somehow less angry than Color Splash because atleast I expected this. They just don't care. Just...UHHHHHHHHGGGGG.

I'M MAD BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE'VE BEEN ASKING FOR FOR 13 YEARS. I'VE BEEN EXPECTING IT NOT TO BE THAT BECAUSE THE TEAM JUST WON'T GIVE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT.
Im gonna have a ****ing brain aneurysm listening to this today so I guess Ill stop trying

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
WE ARE GETTING NEW SNES AND NES NSO GAMES, but we aren't getting nothing. We don't have SMRPG, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound Or Earthbound Begginings or DKC
Seeing the Paper Mario and This, they took serious the Shadowdrop twitter direct

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
*facepalm*

Well, we got more games added to the SNES and NES NSO Library... :glare: Just... not the ones I was hoping for.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's certainly neat. It is rather interesting when Nintendo goes back to old games and does something like this.
I know most of you aren't impressed but, trust me, there's a ton of fans screaming their heads off in joy right now. Lip has been a quiet part of Smash speculation forever and it may not seem like a big deal but this is actually a really nice fan service gesture that people have been asking forever for.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Wild Guns and Panel De Pon? Interesting. The former is fairly difficult to come by, so this is nice

Polarthief

Smash Lord
The duality of man. :laugh:
Panel de Pon's neat and all, though I prefer TA myself, but it definitely doesn't carry waiting for all the really good list of games that still aren't here. Wild Guns I might check out, but right now after now going on about 15 years of waiting for Paper Mario 3, I could have used a better list of games, and this ain't it, chief.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Are there any RPGs on NSO right now? I know Earthbound is also missing. I'm beginning to think Nintendo would prefer to sell the big RPG experiences directly rather than putting it on a streaming service.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Im gonna have a ****ing brain aneurysm listening to this today so I guess Ill stop trying
I don't know what to tell you man, I expected exactly this and it still just leaves me completely dead. I know I might not be giving enough of a chance, that I might be angry because it's not exactly what I want, but still. This is the FOURTH time they've tried something super different with the gameplay, and aesthetic, and everything. And it still has all the Paper puns and jokes and the entire story is based around Paper.

Did you know that, believe it or not, the original game was...NOT ABOUT PAPER? It was actually designed as a sequel to some obscure SNES game titled Super Mario RPG : Legend of the Seven Stars. I'd doubt this thread would know that though. It wasn't even called Paper Mario in Japan, it was called Mario Story. Because it was a storybook. That was the point, it goes for a very watercolor artstyle, especially in the concept art and the partner portraits. Overtime that whole style got phased out and the whole gimmick of the series became the paper artstyle.

I can't even think of a game series that refuses to give people what they want this much. You make one game thats a big departure from the others gameplay wise, but keeps the same tone, and writing, and things people love about the series, then you make another game that chucks out everything people actually liked about the black sheep and take the original gameplay style and butcher it into being completely pointless. Then you make a sequel to that game that only seems designed to make that game slightly better without fixing the underlying issues that people just don't like this kind of game. It might be better but it's not what people wanted and it still has problems. Then you make a sequel to THAT GAME which STILL doesn't go back to what people want.

Seriously, most franchises that do some kind of ridiculous nosedive or shift in direction either get back after one or two games (Devil May Cry, Metroid) or stay dead (Banjo). But not Paper Mario. The worst part about this? THIS IS IT FOLKS, MARIO AND LUIGI IS DEAD NOW SO THIS IS ALL WE GET UNTIL THE END OF TIME FOR MARIO RPG'S. GOD BLESS INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS.

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Are there any RPGs on NSO right now? I know Earthbound is also missing. I'm beginning to think Nintendo would prefer to sell the big RPG experiences directly rather than putting it on a streaming service.
there is breath of fire 1 and 2, as well as zelda 1,2 and link to the past

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
there is breath of fire 1 and 2, as well as zelda 1,2 and link to the past
...Zelda 1 and ALTTP aren't actual rpg's. They're Action-Adventure games with rpg elements.

The rest are actual rpg's. Zelda II is an action rpg in itself.

Garteam Garteam Worth nothing you can find a lot of the Dragon Quest games, just not for free, on the Switch as well via download. Dragon Quest 1 is massively updated with new names, better item balance(for instance, the Magic Armor restores 1 HP per 3 steps while Erdrick's Armor restores 1 HP per step. In the original, it was 1 HP per step and 2 HP per step respectively. Which, well, is really damn broken if you don't get into encounters for even a few steps). It makes grinding harder, but it's a lot more fair.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yet another update without Super Mario RPG? Also panel de pon looks nice so i might give it a whirl, also didn't Super Mario RPG get pushed back? Because if so i kinda see that as a good sign.
I think it's a very good sign. It's minimal effort fan service that fans have been asking for since Melee. With a new Metroid and the 3D Mario remasters practically on deck thanks to Paper Mario's confirmation today, I think the trend of Nintendo going deep to fulfill long time fan requests in 2020 is going to continue.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
...Zelda 1 and ALTTP aren't actual rpg's. They're Action-Adventure games with rpg elements.

The rest are actual rpg's. Zelda II is an action rpg in itself.

Garteam Garteam Worth nothing you can find a lot of the Dragon Quest games, just not for free, on the Switch as well via download. Dragon Quest 1 is massively updated with new names, better item balance(for instance, the Magic Armor restores 1 HP per 3 steps while Erdrick's Armor restores 1 HP per step. In the original, it was 1 HP per step and 2 HP per step respectively. Which, well, is really damn broken if you don't get into encounters for even a few steps). It makes grinding harder, but it's a lot more fair.
Funny enough, I'm actually playing Dragon Quest III right now. It definitely shows it age in certain places, but it's still a lot fun and super impressive for the time. It's also a great follow-up after playing Dragon Quest XI, as you can see all the little references that game makes to this one.

I'm definitely checking out the first Dragon Quest after this, though. I've got DQ fever and I've surprisingly never played that one. I feel like I owe the great-grandaddy of all JRPGS a shot. I've also never played Dragon Quest II, admittedly, although I've never really hear much about that entry.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Funny enough, I'm actually playing Dragon Quest III right now. It definitely shows it age in certain places, but it's still a lot fun and super impressive for the time. It's also a great follow-up after playing Dragon Quest XI, as you can see all the little references that game makes to this one.

I'm definitely checking out the first Dragon Quest after this, though. I've got DQ fever and I've surprisingly never played that one. I feel like I owe the great-grandaddy of all JRPGS a shot. I've also never played Dragon Quest II, admittedly, although I've never really hear much about that entry.
One suggestion for DQ1 is... to use a guide. Though the light around your character is big enough you can see decently in front of you, so torches are easy to throw away and sell for almost nothing.

Use the quick save function too. You might have moments of cheap rng, and lose all your cash. By Level 20, you're already extra powerful. But yeah, the game has a super small inventory, so a guide is kind of needed. That said, the town near the castle allows you to store money(in 1,000) and items, and that'll be needed. Some items are one-off uses, and then worthless after. It shows its age too, heh.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I don't understand the whole "return-to-form" thing. I personally like the Paper Gimmicks because, and this is just me, it was originally a visual choice, now it's actually being utilized. I played the og Paper Mario and to be honest? I didn't find it to be nearly as great as people praise it. No clue on TTYD though. I know it's an unpopular opinion but this looks promising. Heck, Color Splash looked promising to me because Paper Mario is always trying new things while still trying to be fun, but people just can't let go of the fact that they don't intend on going back to the EXACT formula from the original. Give it some time when it's actually out and then make your case: there's too many unknowns.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yet another update without Super Mario RPG? Also panel de pon looks nice so i might give it a whirl, also didn't Super Mario RPG get pushed back? Because if so i kinda see that as a good sign.
Mario RPG getting pushed back? Was this talked about?

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I think it's a very good sign. It's minimal effort fan service that fans have been asking for since Melee. With a new Metroid and the 3D Mario remasters practically on deck thanks to Paper Mario's confirmation today, I think the trend of Nintendo going deep to fulfill long time fan requests in 2020 is going to continue.
And that is most with stuff like the Supossed Desd Franchise Revival, The Probably new DKC or even the theory of six cause all the Characters in there (Chief, Geno, Crash, Lloyd and Dante) are all Fan Favorites
Hey i have a question, today you uploaded Markomaro's Twitter account, which I visited and I even followed him just in case, but a few months ago he posted a Gif that said "Final Smash" which was Leon Keneddy's with the Rocket Launcher (The most powerful weapon in the resident evil saga being a 1 Hit KO to all enemies), what do you think about it? You believed in
6: Nintendo
7: Square
8: A company from the West
9: Namco
10: Capcom
11: Microsoft
Did you think that the one from Nintendo would be Waluigi but it was Arms and if the one from Capcom is Leon and not Dante? I would prefer it to know more about RE than DMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom