• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
1.) I'm saying that is how the first pass has done it, and if the second pass is doing the same, then I don't see it happening.

2.) People are making it seem that I don't want Geno in Smash, when that's not the case. I would like to see him make it, but I'm just a bit skeptical at the moment. Who knows, Geno can storm into Ultimate and slap me across the face for lack of faith, but for now I'm not getting my hopes up.
I know you didn't say you did not want Geno in Smash. I read that. But that doesn't change that saying those kind of things you said on this topic was not a good idea to begin with, especially since we have had to deal with the same arguments from detractors before. And just because the first pass did it doesn't mean the second one will.

You don't plan on continuing to argue with us like this on here, right?

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
1.) I'm saying that is how the first pass has done it, and if the second pass is doing the same, then I don't see it happening.
The first pass was pretty much decided before base game was even finished. Of course there'd be no spirits as fighters then because the first pass was essentially a DLC extension of base game in a way. FP2 was only fully green lit until around E3 2019, over half a year after base game was released. I don't think Sakurai is gonna limit himself this time as development of the base game spirits is no longer parallel to the development of this pass.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I guess I need to elaborate. Let's use Mario as an example. We have his fighter spirit where he's doing his "smash pose", but you can switch it to a more classic Mario. Now we look at Geno. If they were to add him right now, his fighter spirit would have him in his "smash pose", but we can switch it to his more classic image, which is already being used as a spirit.

Yes, there are multiple spirits of the same character, but they have something that makes it different. Mario has Tennis Mario, for example. Otherwise we would just have a bunch of spirits of the same character, just in different poses and no real physical difference.
Before I say what I'm about to say, know that I'm not a personal Geno fan who has dreamed of the day he gets in. I just look at situations as objectively as I can and make my decisions and thoughts based off of that.

Look, as I always say, if Nintendo and Sakurai want a character in Smash, they'll likely make it happen; this is the case for Assist Trophies and Spirits. If Square Enix is on board for Geno and Nintendo want him, I really don't think a PNG and a battle is gonna stop them (or whatever other thing you think is a complication due to Geno being a Spirit). They're not gonna throw their arms into the air and say "Welp he is a Spirit, guess we can't do it." Maybe you're thinking, "But it isn't JUST an image and a battle, there's also..." Here's the thing, Sakurai spent all of his time including every Smash character for "Everyone Is Here" and over 100+ stages... I really don't think Geno being a Spirit is a legitimate argument for stopping him being Vol. 2 DLC. Making Geno go from a Spirit to a character to make the fans happy isn't that difficult of a fan desire compared to, oh I don't know, making every Smash character in history return. Fighters Pass 1? Sure, Spirits probably didn't have a chance, but for the DLC that wasn't planned with the base roster in mind? I'd say that is fair game.

At the end of the day, here's the thing... saying "Spirits Deconfirm" or "Assist Trophies Deconfirm" is a fan rule. Sakurai has never commented on these issues, and until then, I'd say it is a rational line of thought to think Geno will be added to the game when he has been a hugely popular request since Melee alongside the likes of Ridley, King K. Rool, as well as Banjo & Kazooie (characters who interestingly ALL had fan rules attached to them). There is always a chance Geno won't be in, of course, but when I see that a Cuphead Spirit battle was changed depending on if you got his costume or not, all the work Sakurai puts in, the fact that Geno's Mii costume isn't back, etc., well, pretty much objectively, there is more in favor of Geno than against him. That's why I'm here supporting his fans, because I legitimately think his chances are good. We'll have to wait and see who is ultimately right though.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I guess I need to elaborate. Let's use Mario as an example. We have his fighter spirit where he's doing his "smash pose", but you can switch it to a more classic Mario. Now we look at Geno. If they were to add him right now, his fighter spirit would have him in his "smash pose", but we can switch it to his more classic image, which is already being used as a spirit.

Yes, there are multiple spirits of the same character, but they have something that makes it different. Mario has Tennis Mario, for example. Otherwise we would just have a bunch of spirits of the same character, just in different poses and no real physical difference.
Cloud, Robin, the Wii Fit Trainers, the Mii Fighters and the Pokemon Trainers only use their Smash artwork for spirits - unlike the other Fighter Spirits, no alternate artwork is provided.

On top of that, we've already seen that spirit names can (and have) been changed, with Dimitri the Dodongo and Hilda the alternate-universe Zelda getting their names changed to Dimitri (The Legend of Zelda) and Hilda (The Legend of Zelda) when Byleth came out. (seeing as two of Byleth's potential students are Dimitri and Hilda) There's nothing stopping them from changing the name of the current Geno spirit to Geno (Super Mario RPG) and calling his Fighter Spirit Geno, Geno (fighter), Geno (Super Smash Bros.), or something like that.

As a side note, as I said to another user earlier, coming to a character support thread only to say that the character stands no chance of getting in (especially when the points that you're bringing up have been around for a while) is bad etiquette - it's like going into the Ridley thread before this game and saying "Ridley can't be in Smash - he's too big".

Last edited:

gloomgoblin1313

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2982-0116-0892
Switch FC
7419 3872 4009
I never considered this an argument, for those who thought it was, I'm more of a debate person. I saw this thread, didn't have time to read all of it, and shared my thoughts, and when you respond, I respond. I understand all of the views and reasoning, but what can I say? In my opinion (key word here folks), there are just things that make me think it is unlikely, not impossible. And to be fair, I'm new to this forum thing, mainly because in the past I was not interested in it. I only got this yesterday because I thought it would benefit me. Therefore, I was not aware of your previous debates about Geno and how you guys handled it. Needless to say, I was not here to make enemies, just stating my thoughts that were apparently worthless.

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
Stop with these magical rules that Sakurai and Nintendo never stated. The only existent official rule for Smash is that it has to be a character that originates from videogames

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Sorry people seem to be jumping down your throat about it gloomgoblin1313 gloomgoblin1313 but yeah it's true we've been down this path over and over again several times in the past. It's safe to say people are tired of the argument and so forth.

Anyhow, glad to hear you'd also like to see Geno in Smash. Hopefully it can happen sooner rather than later and put this spirits argument to rest.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sorry people seem to be jumping down your throat about it gloomgoblin1313 gloomgoblin1313 but yeah it's true we've been down this path over and over again several times in the past. It's safe to say people are tired of the argument and so forth.

Anyhow, glad to hear you'd also like to see Geno in Smash. Hopefully it can happen sooner rather than later and put this spirits argument to rest.
Didn't mean to jump down his throat, actually. I should have thought my responses more carefully, for that matter.

gloomgoblin1313

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2982-0116-0892
Switch FC
7419 3872 4009
Stop with these magical rules that Sakurai and Nintendo never stated. The only existent official rule for Smash is that it has to be a character that originates from videogames
I am very well aware that they are not official rules. But there are plenty of "unofficial rules" in other games that more or less stand true. I guess a better word here is "pattern". I noticed a pattern, that was all.

All is well. I more or less came here to see how the support is going and the reasoning behind it, especially with anti-Genos around. I'm just sharing my skepticism, is all. Sorry if I upset anyone, just need to see things from another view.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I never considered this an argument, for those who thought it was, I'm more of a debate person. I saw this thread, didn't have time to read all of it, and shared my thoughts, and when you respond, I respond. I understand all of the views and reasoning, but what can I say? In my opinion (key word here folks), there are just things that make me think it is unlikely, not impossible. And to be fair, I'm new to this forum thing, mainly because in the past I was not interested in it. I only got this yesterday because I thought it would benefit me. Therefore, I was not aware of your previous debates about Geno and how you guys handled it. Needless to say, I was not here to make enemies, just stating my thoughts that were apparently worthless.
Mate, with all due respect

Who should I believe here

Jon Gamexplain, a guy who works for the biggest Nintendo Ambassador company ever at this point, who made crazy dead on predictions about Kirby’s Epic Yarn and “all FF Games except 8” in that September 18’ direct, who literally kept insisting for months that Fighter’s Pass 5 would be a first party character, despite everyone laughing at him and believing their fanrules that the entire pass would be third party (same set of people complaining about Byleth for weeks on end because they thought their fanrules would guarentee them another third party character)

Or you, who’s giving me the same, tired old “evidence” aka misintepreting Sakurai’s quotes for the nine trillionth time in a row.

Ignore the troll bait folks, just a friendly reminder
He’s conducting himself in a reasonably respectful manner, so I bit. I don’t think it’s a huge deal.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Okay, okay, gloomgoblin1313 gloomgoblin1313 is just being skeptical, and that is not a bad thing. Whether or not we disagree with him, why don't we ease up on him and, if we have anything to say, say it nicely, or nicer to him? I don't think he meant much or any harm, anyway.

Last edited:

gloomgoblin1313

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2982-0116-0892
Switch FC
7419 3872 4009
Sorry if I upset anyone
Wrong choice of words, my bad. Kinda hard to see if I actually upset anyone when I'm just looking at text and can not actually hear the tone or see the face. Apologies anyway.

Also, my main intention here was to not change your guys' minds, just to share thoughts.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Also, my main intention here was to not change your guys' minds, just to share thoughts.
Just so you know, what you just did, not the debate thing, but posting two posts in a row (which is called double posting) is not allowed here. There is an edit button for you to add more to your posts.

gloomgoblin1313

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2982-0116-0892
Switch FC
7419 3872 4009
Must have been an accident. Anyway can I edit to remove it? I was not aware of this. Sorry.

Last edited:

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
I am very well aware that they are not official rules. But there are plenty of "unofficial rules" in other games that more or less stand true. I guess a better word here is "pattern". I noticed a pattern, that was all.

All is well. I more or less came here to see how the support is going and the reasoning behind it, especially with anti-Genos around. I'm just sharing my skepticism, is all. Sorry if I upset anyone, just need to see things from another view.
Oh ok lol sorry if my response was too harsh

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Must have been an accident. Anyway I can edit to remove it? I was not aware of this. Sorry.
Mods/admins can merge posts together - I did that this time, though if you want to add details to your posts going forward, use the edit button. (I probably edit my posts too much haha)

gloomgoblin1313

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2982-0116-0892
Switch FC
7419 3872 4009
Thanks, totally did not mean to do that. The forum is a bit buggy on my phone, so I might just start using my computer instead to prevent this from happening again.

Oh ok lol sorry if my response was too harsh
You're good.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Trolling/bait; insulting people in the general speculation thread
I highly doubt Geno will make into Ultimate as a DLC fighter because he's already a spirit. They have to make fighter spirits for the DLC fighters but they can't really do that with Geno. I wanted a Resident Evil character (Leon would've been the most likely, but I prefer Wesker) to be a playable fighter, but that seems very unlikely now that we had the Resident Evil spirit event. Another favorite character of mine is a spirit, so he isn't getting into Ultimate either.

I would also say that because Geno is from MRPG, he would still be considered first-party and therefore most likely not be suitable. However, with Byleth a thing, I can no longer say this.

Geno is possible for future Smash games (if we're being hopeful enough for a new Smash game), but I just don't see it happening in Ultimate.
Oh boy, another poor fool who believes Spirits deconfirm.

First off, welcome to the thread, despite it being the Geno Support Thread and your second post is HERE saying you don't think Geno has a chance. Probably could have said that in the general thread where people would agree with you because they lack the proper knowledge and critical thinking.

So, now that I have the pleasantries out of the way, let me proceed to tell you why you are wrong.

Spirits are nothing more than glorified trophies...and that is saying a lot since trophies where these really detailed 3D models and these are just copy/pasta'd JPGs and PNGs, but they do offer gameplay options while trophies were just nice to look at occasionally so they do offer a smidge more. That said, Sakurai has stated himself on multiple occasions (including the Nov 1 Direct in 2018) that Spirits are a replacement for trophies designed as a system to incorporate more characters, including some that can clearly never be fighters (like Ness's Dad being a phone, or character from franchises long since forgotten, or Pokemon that simply don''t bring enough to be playable nor in a Pokeball) but not every Spirit can't be a possible fighter down the line just because they were a Spirit in the base game.

A lot of people were using this argument because characters in the first Fighter's Pass (all of them now, but only 1-3 at the time of these discussions initially) were all characters that didn't have Spirits in the base game already. Byleth is a technicality on this one because we did have Fire Emblem spirits in the base game but Byleth brought only Fire Emblem: Tres Casas content which means that even though TECHNICALLY SPEAKING we have a fighter that is already from a series represented in the base game in both character and Spirit form Byleth and the Spirits with her are also content that technically WASN'T in the base game due to it all being Trois Maisons content. Regardless, I think this is still a huge deal for characters that a Spirits in the base game but it's been mostly skipped over so let us continue on.

Now I've seen your argument that 'If Vol 2 is like Vol 1, Spirits can't be fighters' which is semi-debunked by Byleth already but also...that is a major 'What If' statement. We have no reason to believe that Vol 2 will play out the same way as Vol 1 other than a getting the same amount of content as before. Sakurai has been doing nothing but breaking rules both he and the fans have set since Ultimate was revealed back in March so I really don't think a 'But what if it's the same?' argument stands strong here.

Now others have said this, but let me add my slight spin on it: Make in the world makes you think that Sakurai, the madlad that he is, would let a .jpg/png stop him from putting a character in the game as playable? That's right: nothing at all! Thus, the idea that a Spirit cannot be made playable as long as future content exists is just plain silly!

Also, I ask you to keep in mind that the Spirits team had very little input from Sakurai at all. He occasionally came in and made comments or recommendations, but he mostly just let them do their thing, which is even more of a reason to let have Sakurai limit himself to putting a character in the game due to have an image of them in the game. That would be like having a sticker of a cake that smells like a cake that someone else put in your oven and you decided you can no longer make a cake because of that sticker in your oven. It's a dumb arbitrary rule that makes no sense at all.

Now to poke another hole into your logic, we've actually already seen changes made to both Spirits and Spirit Battles. The changes were made to some LoZ spirits when Drei Hauser spirits with the same name joined the roster to make sure there was no coding confusion for the game. This is proof that if a character that is already a Spirit becomes playable and thus has a Fighter Spirit, if need be, changes can be made. Also, the Cuphead Spirit Battles changes based on whether or not you have purchased the Cuphead Costume DLC. If you haven't, you battle against Megaman of the appropriate color; if you have, you fight against Mii Gunner int he Cuphead costume with Floral Fury playing in the background. This means that it is easy for them to make changes to long-standing Spirit Battles when new content emerges, like new costumes or Fighters.

Now I saw you mentioned patterns, and the only pattern I can think of that supports you is the fact that all the Vol 1 characters had no Spirits in the base game (barring the technicality on Byleth). Well, I've also noticed patterns with Ultimate, and let me tell you that they trump this one by far. The biggest one is this: Ultimate has granted more long-requested characters than any other Smash game in the series, backed up by the pattern of getting characters like Ridley, King K Rool, Simon, Chrom, Dark Samus, Daisy, Hero and Banjo and Kazooie on top of bringing back all the old favorites from previous titles. This leads into the next pattern, which is that Ultimate has made a pattern of breaking rules both set by Sakurai and by fans. Ridley too big? Nope! King K Rool too forgotten? Nope! Konami sucks and hates Castlevania? Gets two characters! Banjo and Kazooie are a dead franchise and owned by a big competitor? Guh-HUH! Sakurai hates the competitive scene? Training mode and balances changes using competitive player's data and feedback! They will have to make character cuts? EVERYONE IS HERE! Fighter's Pass is the last of the DLC? VOL 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO! Fighter's Pass will be all Third Party? Hi, my name is Nintendo, have we met? Fire Emblem can't get more characters? Here is something to believe in!

Do you see this pattern? Sakurai and his team are all about breaking fan rules, and yet here you are spouting about a fan rule, and in fact one of the weakest ones! Also Sakurai has consistently shown himself to be in touch with what the fans are asking about and talking about, to the point of swatting Western fans on the wrist when they overstep and get crazy on any small thing he says. Let me hit you up with one more pattern, one I like to all the Geno Makes Haters Head's Whirl.

Geno fits into every one of these little bits here. He is one of the final long-term requests that have been around since just before Brawl and Sakurai has acknowledge the passion and support of the Geno fanbase and even has stated HE HIMSELF wanted Geno in since Brawl. Geno's costume has yet to return, he hasn't been turned into an Assist Trophy, and yet Sakurai is going to stop his wild ride of breaking rules and pleasing fans all because of an image in his game? Psssh!

Now I've been reading your follow up posts, and you seem like you may be trying to put up a wall. 'It's my opinion' or 'I'm just skeptical' won't work with me, my dude. It's fine to be skeptical, but when facts are lined up and delivered to you and you refuse to accept those facts, you aren't being skeptical: you are in denial. I'm curious to see what you have to say after you read this. If you truly read this and understand what has been said and take this to heart, it shouldn't be that hard to admit that Spirits Deconfirm hold no weight in general, and certainly not against Geno.

If you choose to believe in it after reading this, then you are denying overwhelming factual evidence that trumps what you have in order to maintain your position...and I think that's all we will need to know if that is the case.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh boy, another poor fool who believes Spirits deconfirm.

First off, welcome to the thread, despite it being the Geno Support Thread and your second post is HERE saying you don't think Geno has a chance. Probably could have said that in the general thread where people would agree with you because they lack the proper knowledge and critical thinking.

So, now that I have the pleasantries out of the way, let me proceed to tell you why you are wrong.

Spirits are nothing more than glorified trophies...and that is saying a lot since trophies where these really detailed 3D models and these are just copy/pasta'd JPGs and PNGs, but they do offer gameplay options while trophies were just nice to look at occasionally so they do offer a smidge more. That said, Sakurai has stated himself on multiple occasions (including the Nov 1 Direct in 2018) that Spirits are a replacement for trophies designed as a system to incorporate more characters, including some that can clearly never be fighters (like Ness's Dad being a phone, or character from franchises long since forgotten, or Pokemon that simply don''t bring enough to be playable nor in a Pokeball) but not every Spirit can't be a possible fighter down the line just because they were a Spirit in the base game.

A lot of people were using this argument because characters in the first Fighter's Pass (all of them now, but only 1-3 at the time of these discussions initially) were all characters that didn't have Spirits in the base game already. Byleth is a technicality on this one because we did have Fire Emblem spirits in the base game but Byleth brought only Fire Emblem: Tres Casas content which means that even though TECHNICALLY SPEAKING we have a fighter that is already from a series represented in the base game in both character and Spirit form Byleth and the Spirits with her are also content that technically WASN'T in the base game due to it all being Trois Maisons content. Regardless, I think this is still a huge deal for characters that a Spirits in the base game but it's been mostly skipped over so let us continue on.

Now I've seen your argument that 'If Vol 2 is like Vol 1, Spirits can't be fighters' which is semi-debunked by Byleth already but also...that is a major 'What If' statement. We have no reason to believe that Vol 2 will play out the same way as Vol 1 other than a getting the same amount of content as before. Sakurai has been doing nothing but breaking rules both he and the fans have set since Ultimate was revealed back in March so I really don't think a 'But what if it's the same?' argument stands strong here.

Now others have said this, but let me add my slight spin on it: Make in the world makes you think that Sakurai, the madlad that he is, would let a .jpg/png stop him from putting a character in the game as playable? That's right: nothing at all! Thus, the idea that a Spirit cannot be made playable as long as future content exists is just plain silly!

Also, I ask you to keep in mind that the Spirits team had very little input from Sakurai at all. He occasionally came in and made comments or recommendations, but he mostly just let them do their thing, which is even more of a reason to let have Sakurai limit himself to putting a character in the game due to have an image of them in the game. That would be like having a sticker of a cake that smells like a cake that someone else put in your oven and you decided you can no longer make a cake because of that sticker in your oven. It's a dumb arbitrary rule that makes no sense at all.

Now to poke another hole into your logic, we've actually already seen changes made to both Spirits and Spirit Battles. The changes were made to some LoZ spirits when Drei Hauser spirits with the same name joined the roster to make sure there was no coding confusion for the game. This is proof that if a character that is already a Spirit becomes playable and thus has a Fighter Spirit, if need be, changes can be made. Also, the Cuphead Spirit Battles changes based on whether or not you have purchased the Cuphead Costume DLC. If you haven't, you battle against Megaman of the appropriate color; if you have, you fight against Mii Gunner int he Cuphead costume with Floral Fury playing in the background. This means that it is easy for them to make changes to long-standing Spirit Battles when new content emerges, like new costumes or Fighters.

Now I saw you mentioned patterns, and the only pattern I can think of that supports you is the fact that all the Vol 1 characters had no Spirits in the base game (barring the technicality on Byleth). Well, I've also noticed patterns with Ultimate, and let me tell you that they trump this one by far. The biggest one is this: Ultimate has granted more long-requested characters than any other Smash game in the series, backed up by the pattern of getting characters like Ridley, King K Rool, Simon, Chrom, Dark Samus, Daisy, Hero and Banjo and Kazooie on top of bringing back all the old favorites from previous titles. This leads into the next pattern, which is that Ultimate has made a pattern of breaking rules both set by Sakurai and by fans. Ridley too big? Nope! King K Rool too forgotten? Nope! Konami sucks and hates Castlevania? Gets two characters! Banjo and Kazooie are a dead franchise and owned by a big competitor? Guh-HUH! Sakurai hates the competitive scene? Training mode and balances changes using competitive player's data and feedback! They will have to make character cuts? EVERYONE IS HERE! Fighter's Pass is the last of the DLC? VOL 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO! Fighter's Pass will be all Third Party? Hi, my name is Nintendo, have we met? Fire Emblem can't get more characters? Here is something to believe in!

Do you see this pattern? Sakurai and his team are all about breaking fan rules, and yet here you are spouting about a fan rule, and in fact one of the weakest ones! Also Sakurai has consistently shown himself to be in touch with what the fans are asking about and talking about, to the point of swatting Western fans on the wrist when they overstep and get crazy on any small thing he says. Let me hit you up with one more pattern, one I like to all the Geno Makes Haters Head's Whirl.

Geno fits into every one of these little bits here. He is one of the final long-term requests that have been around since just before Brawl and Sakurai has acknowledge the passion and support of the Geno fanbase and even has stated HE HIMSELF wanted Geno in since Brawl. Geno's costume has yet to return, he hasn't been turned into an Assist Trophy, and yet Sakurai is going to stop his wild ride of breaking rules and pleasing fans all because of an image in his game? Psssh!

Now I've been reading your follow up posts, and you seem like you may be trying to put up a wall. 'It's my opinion' or 'I'm just skeptical' won't work with me, my dude. It's fine to be skeptical, but when facts are lined up and delivered to you and you refuse to accept those facts, you aren't being skeptical: you are in denial. I'm curious to see what you have to say after you read this. If you truly read this and understand what has been said and take this to heart, it shouldn't be that hard to admit that Spirits Deconfirm hold no weight in general, and certainly not against Geno.

If you choose to believe in it after reading this, then you are denying overwhelming factual evidence that trumps what you have in order to maintain your position...and I think that's all we will need to know if that is the case.
"Another poor fool", you say? Seriously, go easy on this guy, Forsaken. Really, saying things like that to him is not cool. After all, he is pretty much new here, and he is entitled to his opinions, even if they have not changed yet or no matter how bad they seem to you.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
This is from Para, with help from P47 in the Discord. I helped as well.
Alright guys, we may of found something that could break this "Spirit deconfirm" argument, the biggest argument against Geno's inclusion. We all know Rosalina is a playable character, but so is Luma , it says it right in the name, no debating it. But, Luma is a fighter AND is a spirit.
He is not apart of the fighter spirit, much like "Ice Climbers". I'll like to address counter-points against this.

1. "Luma isn't really a fighter"
. Yes he is, full with a mini moveset and legit said in the name of the fighter, "Rosalina AND Luma", no debating the name.
2. "It's a different Luma", not it's not, it's the same Luma, it doesn't say "Luma (SMG2)" or anything like that, this is the SAME LUMA, looks the same and IS the same.
3. BOTH ICE CLIMBERS are in the fighter spirit
and Dunk Hunt includes both the Dog and the Bird, even when the bird only HELPS THE DOG. 4. "Where is Luma's fighter spirit?" That's the point, Luma is a fighter AND A SPIRIT.
It is in the Amiibo too, it is a fighter, and a spirit. I can safely say now, spirits DO NOT deconfirm characters.

Attachments

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
How hyped do you think the reaction for the NYC Nintendo Store crowd reaction be when Geno is revealed?

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

1583021474946.png

1583021481173.png

Masahiro Sakurai rubs his eyes. After 36 solid hours of work, he's finally feeling tired enough for a 4 hour power nap. He crawls under his desk--his favoured sleeping place--and places his Kirby pillow on the floor.

As his hits the pillow, he jolts awake, banging the bottom of his desk. No time to worry about the pain. In a panic, he opens up the most recent build of Smash Ultimate and scours the spirit list. Nearly 1400 PNGs scroll before his eyes. Then he sees it.

Geno.

His stomach turns to knots as he sees the Super Mario RPG render standing defiantly before him. All these months, the planning, the character modeling, all those business negotiations, gone to waste. A character 50% complete has to be scrapped because it cannot possibly co-exist with a spirit.

His staff arrives hours later. He gathers them all to tell them the awful news.

"I'm so sorry, everyone," he says, barely holding back tears. "We forgot about the Geno spirit. We're going to have to cease production on the character."

A somber air fills the room. Each one of them was disappointed. How could they not remember that every single one of those spirits, all ~1400, were incapable of ever becoming characters? It made Nintendo's choices for the second Fighters' Pass especially hard, as Sakurai had to keep denying popular characters that had already spirits.

Suddenly, an employee's eyes widen. Could it be? A solution? His hand quivers as he raises it up, and Sakurai dejectedly calls on him to voice his idea.

"S-Sakurai-san," he says, stuttering. Sweat pours down his nervous face. "Could we not simply rename the Geno spirit to Geno (original)?"

Sakurai's tears had become full blown sobbing. "You naive, innocent fool," he says, his head in his hand. "The technology...it...it just isn't there."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How hyped do you think the reaction for the NYC Nintendo Store crowd reaction be when Geno is revealed?
Knowing they get hyped for pretty much anything, it will indeed be very hype. Well, except for Byleth. Yikes did you SEE that reaction, it was pretty bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Knowing they get hyped for pretty much anything, it will indeed be very hype. Well, except for Byleth. Yikes did you SEE that reaction, it was pretty bad.

i like how thats the go to reaction people go to without talkingg about the people that liked/ didnt mind the characters reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom