Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Kremling Kommander

Smash Apprentice
Xenoblade Chronicles: DE has just been rated by the ESRB on Nintendo’s official website, meaning that it is likely finished and ready to release.

Hopeful for Zippo to be right with the second(and hopefully main) Direct possibly being this week.

Last edited:

Chad K Rule

Smash Rookie
Xenoblade Chronicles: DE has just been rated by the ESRB on Nintendo’s official website, meaning that it is likely finished and ready to release.

Hopeful for Zippo to be right with the main Direct possibly being this week.
Zippo was very serious about two directs this month I wouldn't be surprised if we get one this week or the next

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Master

More and more likely to be within the next two weeks at this rate for the general direct.

SonicSmasher1

Smash Hero

Wait, when did Zippo say that about the main Direct?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Zippo was very serious about two directs this month I wouldn't be surprised if we get one this week or the next
Well for him to be right, it would have to be this week as Saturday is the 29th (Leap Year!), the last day of the month.

Tuesday (and possibly Wednesday) will be a fun rollercoaster of emotions.

MattX20

Smash Master
Even if the general direct isn't next week, it's very unlikely we'll have to wait much longer than 2 weeks into March since the amiibo theory so far has held up and it's more likely we'll see fighter 6 released in April.

SonicSmasher1

Smash Hero
Even if the general direct isn't next week, it's very unlikely we'll have to wait much longer than 2 weeks into March since the amiibo theory so far has held up and it's more likely we'll see fighter 6 released in April.
Well, I have personally and always expected Fighter 6 to be released in April, so I would not be surprised.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yeah but the problem is I'm already going nuts waiting for *this* week. If it turns out to not be this week, I don't know what I'll do.
(obviously over-exaggerating, but it is getting ridiculous and I am going a bit nuts with these unconfirmed rumors)

March is gonna be interesting
Should be, yeah. Depends what gets revealed and if anything else noteworthy comes out besides AC and Doom.

PS: Crazy idea, Doomguy gets revealed because half-wanted and half-advertising for Doom Eternal. Cacodemon hats gets revealed for it. CACOMALLOW IS REAL.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Geno in Smash!
Geno in Mario Odyssey!
Geno in Mario Maker 2!
Geno in Mario Kart!
Geno in Super Mario!
Geno in Mario Tennis!
Geno in Breath in the Wild 2!
Geno in Metroid Prime 4!
Geno in Ring Fit Adventure!
Geno in animal Crossing New Horizons!
Geno in Minecraft!
Geno in Fortnite!

It’s the Year or Geno! By this time, he would be the most iconic Mario character, even more iconic and important than Mario himself!

In all seriousness, I can for sure see the first six seeing as good possibilities should Geno see a revival and get brought back into the fold.
Someone make the sassy geno model (you know the one) do the fortnite default dance

Thank you

Last edited:

SonicSmasher1

Smash Hero
March is gonna be interesting
Speaking of that, if nothing somehow comes up in March in terms of Directs, would we still be alive, or would we be dry dead skeletons by the end of March?

Not saying we can't wait, but man, another month without a Direct would be painful to go through, wouldn't it?

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Doomguy and Geno are similar, fighting baddies from another dimension using guns? I love'em.

We also gonna get to 8 months since the Music Takedowns from Nintendo, also the Release Anniversary, right?

It can means nothing since it didnt happen with Porky last year but, Im pretty sure Geno is 76 or 77.

Last edited:

Kremling Man

Smash Master
That's fine DanaDee not everyone's a fan and if you don't want Geno in it want him in some other fashon I can respect that.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Tbh I have a feeling Geno would be a very popular Mario character if he was included in spin-offs and whatnot. He fits into the Mario aesthetic but offers something very unique with his laser beams and whole mysterious aesthetic. But he could also wholesome and family friendly. Mallow too, really. And it's been over a decade since Rosalina was introduced and added to the Mario spin-offs so it'd be in Nintendo's favor to get some fresh meat in there and would give people a reprieve from the baby rose gold doctors of the Mario world.

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
NNID
6213-7310-1545
Hello GeGe supporters !
Am I the only one who don't really care about directs ? The only time I'm very interested on directs is during E3 season. I mean, the only thing I want from Nintendo as of now is Geno to be playable in Smash.....

well, maybe infos on No More Heroes 3 too... and a Waluigi game too... okay, I'd also like a new Wario Land game to be announced as well as a worldwide release of Persona 5 Scramble... and a Mario Sunshine remake...

SonicSmasher1

Smash Hero
Hello GeGe supporters !
Am I the only one who don't really care about directs ? The only time I'm very interested on directs is during E3 season. I mean, the only thing I want from Nintendo as of now is Geno to be playable in Smash.....

well, maybe infos on No More Heroes 3 too... and a Waluigi game too... okay, I'd also like a new Wario Land game to be announced as well as a worldwide release of Persona 5 Scramble... and a Mario Sunshine remake...
Welcome to the forums! Hopefully, Geno gets in for you, me and the rest of us!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If not March, then April May.
April May...? PHOENIX WRIGHT CONFIRMED FOR SMASH?!
(Uhh.. low-key sorta not really NSFW? There's some cleavage involed; you be the judge: In case someone doesn't know who that is)

In all seriousness though, there's no way we don't at least get the fighter revealed by April, unless they wanna be super mad lads, have a triple reveal for E3, and NOT RELEASE ANYTHING GOOD UNTIL E3??? That's like suicide TBH.

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
NNID
6213-7310-1545
Welcome to the forums! Hopefully, Geno gets in for you, me and the rest of us!
Thank you ! And I have a feeling that he's going to get in as number 77 ! I'm not really into speculation besides for a few characters I REALLY want like Geno but CacoMallow is not deconfirmed, right ? Same for the Mii costume list with Mallow and Smithy ?

SonicSmasher1

Smash Hero
Thank you ! And I have a feeling that he's going to get in as number 77 ! I'm not really into speculation besides for a few characters I REALLY want like Geno but CacoMallow is not deconfirmed, right ? Same for the Mii costume list with Mallow and Smithy ?
Yeah, CacoMallow remains unconfirmed. Don't know about the Mii costume list with Mallow and Smithy, though.

MattX20

Smash Master
Hello GeGe supporters !

Welcome aboard to the Geno thread. Hope you enjoy your stay....uh oh the post number I got

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Both CacoMallow/Mii Costumes list have remained unconfirmed. Geno's chances have never been higher. The copyright takedown songs are also still a mystery.
As long as no SE rep is revealed, the chances are pretty dang high, and I personally think he's a lock.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
CacoMallow is not deconfirmed, right ? Same for the Mii costume list with Mallow and Smithy ?
Nope, neither so far have seen any kind of deconfirmation. Some modders have tried to recreate CacoMallow with varying success but even the one who got the closest stated that they thought making it as high quality as the leak was seemingly impossible. Mii List is same as usual, got several of Banjo's Mii Costumes right while the SMRPG costumes are still nowhere to be seen currently.

D

Deleted member

The fact that we got 6 extra fighters meaning that Smash Ultimate was originally going to end with Byleth, we still got hope with the Mii costume that could of came back with Hero still missing. Hope Fatman was right that the Vol. 2 will be a crowd pleaser more than pack 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
NNID
6213-7310-1545
Oh so it's not deconfirmed ? That's very good then !! I've wanted Geno for years and he is currently my most wanted right now since I saw that Joker got in. If we can get Geno, it would truly be a dream coming true and even though I'd like some characters to get in, I swear I would never ask for anything ever again if we got Geno this year ! Wish I could react with y'all during his announcement. Because to me, seeing your favorite character announced is about sharing happiness and joy with those who wanted the same thing as you. It's all about celebrating (and laughing at haters) together, not as a community but as a group of friends who had a common wish.
God, this sounds so cheesy... but it's my honest opinion.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
As much as I'd love Geno back in the normal rotation of Mario characters (I really do think young AND old fans would love him to be a mainstay; he's very cool) I can't imagine them consistently using the character in Mario games since Square Enix owns the rights. And if he is DLC then that means they have financial incentive to hold onto him. Smash is a unique case since Square Enix stuff is already in it, but I sadly can't see a day where he ends up in like, Mario Tennis or Mario Kart.

BUT, if he could I'd be very down. He adds a lot to the Mario universe, as does Mallow, and I think it would've been really interesting to see what Square's vision of the Mario universe could've been today if Nintendo had gone in that direction.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Here's a fun fact. Remember that sign in Super Mario 64 with the blurry text?

l is real.png

For years it's perplexed scholars and pre-teens watching SM64 videos from the late 2000s alike, and they've had several hunches on what it could possibly mean, but now with 2020 technology, we can finally decipher its meaning. Here's how it looks like in 4k quality:
cacomallow is real 2401.png

Yep! They've been teasing us about Geno and Cacomallow even before Super Smash Bros was a thing. Amazing, ain't it?

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Here's a fun fact. Remember that sign in Super Mario 64 with the blurry text?

View attachment 263595

For years it's perplexed scholars and pre-teens watching SM64 videos from the late 2000s alike, and they've had several hunches on what it could possibly mean, but now with 2020 technology, we can finally decipher its meaning. Here's how it looks like in 4k quality:

Yep! They've been teasing us about Geno and Cacomallow even before Super Smash Bros was a thing. Amazing, ain't it?
>2401
Holy ****! Is that gonna be like, the number of Fighter Passes we're getting?????

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Hi there! If you're reading this, chances are I linked it in the hope of educating you on evidence that I've compiled that may point to Geno getting in Smash Ultimate. The List™ below contains all the leaks/rumors and other circumstantial evidence that still have an unconfirmed status, meaning that it has yet to be disproven, or stuff that has already happened (and is "confirmed").

Before the list though, I'd like to once again emphasize that everything below is either a leak (and therefore unconfirmed), could be coincidental, or is circumstantial evidence. Obviously nothing will 100% point to Geno except him getting an official reveal, but enough people have been trying to debunk this that I wanted it to be super obvious for anyone seeing this that is either new or just coming to debunk stuff, that yes, all the regulars here are painfully aware that none of this is a guarantee and it could just be a lot of fake leaks/coincidences that just happened to line up how they did. This is just meant to be a list where all that stuff is compiled, so rather than going "ah crap, where was that one thing posted again?" that they could come to this post and see it in a neater format rather than digging for something from months/a year ago.

Anyway, with all that finally said-and-done, here's the list:
  • SPIRITS DO NOT DECONFIRM!: Proven by Sakurai himself, the 6th DLC fighter is Min Min, who was originally a spirit that is now promoted to a playable fighter. While most of us knew this wasn't going to be a barrier for the Smash team for a long time now, this confirms it, and no longer can people use "Spirits deconfirm" to argue against Geno.
  • Mii Costume List Leak: Someone leaked a bunch of Mii costumes, and there were some SMRPG ones on there like Mallow and Smithy. Geno however is not on that list. If this leak is real, it most certainly points to Geno being playable because why would the only character from the game who actually did have a Mii costume in the past not get one for Ultimate?
    • Many of their entries have been correct: Goemon, Zero, Protoman,Team Rocket Grunt, and claiming Geno's costume is not returning (such as in regards to Hero). "MCL" has also gotten a lot of SNK spirit stuff right (thank you @axel_): Kyo, Haohmaru, Geese, and some "Classic SNK" (which turned out to be Athena, Clark and Ralf, having their original first-game's art as opposed to newer versions, hence the "classic" part).
    • No returning costumes have ever returned alongside new costumes from their series: Tails & Knuckles with Joker, Zero and Proto Man with Banjo, Jacky and Akira with Terry, and Mega Man X and MegaMan.EXE with Byleth. If Geno's costume was coming back, it'd be unprecedented to come with Mallow and/or Smithy. (Credit: @MisterMike) That said though, SE is different and can do different things, including breaking this pattern. Still though, if Mallow and Smithy are coming as costumes, it would be greatly in Geno's favor of becoming playable.
    • Fatman dropped a lot more of MCL's list, one of which was 2B! That's massive competition for Geno removed, if MCL is correct.
  • CacoMallow Leak: Someone leaked videos (and an image) of Ken fighting a Mii wearing a Cacodemon (from Doom) headpiece/"hat" and a second Mii wearing a Mallow hat, hence the name of the leak being "CacoMallow". There are notable things to this leak, including the timer being locked and not ticking down, and modders have tried extensively to recreate the costumes, but they always come up short. Specifically, there's always small clipping issues or lack of polish on the modded hats that aren't as clean as CacoMallow. If this was a fake, it's made by the best modder in the world because no other modder can replicate it as well. Also just to clarify, this leak in no way showed off Doomguy nor Geno. The leak itself is just for the two Mii costumes. It's totally possible both costumes can get in without either associated character being playable, but it very likely points to at least Geno because it would be really weird to add a second SMRPG costume without Geno being playable. Doomguy is up in the air when we have some costumed like Altair and Rabbid.
    • Picture comparisons and a post courtesy of @RuffyYoshi.
    • Mii Costume Leaker (above) also had Mallow on their list of costumes, so the two leaks support each other.
    • DLC 6 (Min Min)'s Mii wave came with a different Bethesda costume: Vault Boy (Fallout). At this point, CacoMallow is basically irrelevant for Geno, unless both:
      • Geno is not CP7, and (not or)
      • Whoever is CP7 comes with the Cacodemon hat
  • Copyright Takedown Songs: Beware the Forest Mushrooms (Forest Maze, the place that everyone associats with Geno) and Battle Against an Armed Boss (Smithy Gang/2nd boss OST) were both copyright taken down, by Nintendo, who doesn't own the rights to either song, around E3 2019, roughly the time FP2 characters would be negotiated for. What's notable about this is that other songs that were taken down by Nintendo ended up getting content in Smash, such as that MEGALOVANIA remix being taken down 9 months before the Sans premium Mii costume was revealed, bringing with it a very similar MEGALOVANIA remix. A Banjo-Kazooie Smash-style remix was also taken down, and we now know why since Banjo & Kazooie are in Smash.
    • What's further notable is that exactly 2 songs were taken down, which all other Square Enix characters have gotten in Smash: 2 songs each. Cloud got 2 FF7 songs and each of the DQ Heroes goes 2 songs each from their associated games in the series. This likely points to Geno being added with these 2 songs, more than a premium costume with one of them
      • All that said, Yoko Shimomura was the composer for SMRPG and she's much easier to work with than Nobuo Uematsu (the Final Fantasy composer) and Koichi Sugiyama (the Dragon Quest composer), meaning that if Geno is made playable, he could totally come with more than just those 2 songs (just don't expect "Fight Against Culex" as that's a remix of FF4's boss theme, which Uematsu has the rights to). Regardless whether he comes with 2 or more songs, the fact remains that these songs were copyright taken down and we still do not know why.
  • Geno's Sm4sh Costume Remains AWOL: If Geno was just coming back in his Sm4sh costume, it would have been pushed with Hero's Mii costume wave, or just put back in the game by now. There's absolutely no point in delaying that costume any further if he's not intended to be made playable.
  • Sakurai's Approval of Geno since Brawl: Sakurai himself said the possessed doll fits in well for Smash. He tried to get him in as far back as Brawl, but for whatever reason, it didn't happen.
  • Nintendo is Well Aware of Geno's (and Waluigi's) Fan Demand: I personally missed the "Geno" part back in pre-release, and thought this was just about Waluigi. Credit to @Paraspikey for correcting that, who also has a whole post about this on page 2548. His post goes into more detail, and you should absolutely check it out, but a quick TL;DR: The person who confirmed that Nintendo's aware of the demand is a manager of product marketing for over 3 years (at Nintendo) and has 12+ years of experience with Nintendo in general. This is absolutely someone who would know if Nintendo was listening or not.
  • Smash Bros Legacy C&D: Super Smash Bros. Legacy XP was a popular Super Smash Bros. Brawl mod pack created in the same vein as Project M. It aimed to offer a new casual and competitive Smash experience including existing character reworks, new stages, new songs, and new characters. Some of these new characters included Shadow the Hedgehog, Waluigi, and of course, Geno. On March 13th, 2020 however, the Smash Legacy team stated that they would abruptly cease development on the modpack. Nothing was specifically stated to be because of legal issues, but the sudden timing of the project shutting down, the lack of info provided to team members, and the removal of all the game’s downloads indicated that this decision was not done by choice. Unlike Project M, the Project Legacy team did not state any reasons as to why they shut down the project either, which further reinforces the idea that this project was shut down due to legal action from Nintendo. It's been theorized that Geno and Waluigi being in characters in Legacy XP were the main reasons as to why the project was shutdown, and that Nintendo wanted to potentially implement these characters as future Smash Ultimate DLC fighters. (Thanks to @TooManyToastahs for this much better bullet point)
  • 2020's 2nd Half is Heavily Rumored to be Very Mario-Focused: While this could totally be an elaborate April Fool's joke that all media outlets are in on since they're all covering it at the end of March, this year's second half is looking to be very Mario-heavy. In addition to that, the been-rumored Paper Mario 3 (6) has resurfaced again, and unless they're adding Paper Mario into the Smash roster, I don't know of any better potential rep for all things "Mario RPG"-related, since SMRPG was the spiritual predecessor for what eventually became Paper Mario (and Mario & Luigi down the line).
  • Seven Squares Leak: I had totally forgotten about this until I was recently reminded by @Moptimus Prime (thank you!), but there was a leak quite awhile ago (even before base launch) that had a list of 7 Square Enix characters that were either "potential candidates", or potentially also leakbait. If this leak is legitimate, that's really good odds for Geno, since he competes with an incredibly unlikely character who isn't even owned by Square-Enix (Sora), another dead character who is not only an anime swordsman, but also as dead as Geno (Crono), and one last character who I doubt because FF7 is already represented in Smash (Sephiroth). Also Slime from DQ, but come on, that's not gonna happen post-Hero. For the record though, here's the entire list:
    • Geno
    • Sora
    • Crono
    • Sephiroth
    • Erdrick (already in-game!)
    • Luminary (already in-game!)
    • Slime (because we got Hero, I highly doubt Slime would also show up)
  • Polish Amiibo Rerelease Leak: Thanks to @Fatmanonice for this one, sometime in early May 2020 (Fatman posted about it on May 9th), a Polish game retailer had posted a number of Amiibo available for preorder for a re-release on September 18th, including Mario, Luigi, and both Clouds (the important ones to note), as well as multiple Zelda characters... and finally Ryu (the odd one out of the bunch). It's a very interesting lineup as it points to the Mario remasters, BOTW2, Ryu for some reason, and Cloud, a Square Amiibo, is being rereleased with Mario character. Hmmm... When else did we see Square and Nintendo come together...
    • While not pointing to any particular character, there is another restock of Amiibo for King K. Rool, Isabelle, and Piranha Plant, coming June 12th that was originally April. What's notable about this is that all 3 of the Amiibo are first party characters all owned by Nintendo, which seem to be coming with the release of DLC 6, the ARMS rep, an also firsty party character. September would definitely line up for the release of DLC 7, who very well could be Geno.
  • Insiders Keep Mentioning Geno/SMRPG: Whether it's GameXplain predicting him (thanks to @StarLight42 for pinging me at 3:33AM) or Jeff Grubb making weird SMRPG-related tweets and retweets, we've been hearing things from insiders about Geno for quite awhile. Even @Fatmanonice has been hearing the name, and he knows more than he tells us, since he doesn't like spoiling stuff. ;)
    • Jeff Grubb recently admitted his dream fighter is Geno. This doesn't invalidate his weird SMRPG tweets, but does make them take a bit of a hit in regards to leaking Geno. Make of it what you will. (credit to @MrJudd for bringing this to our attention)
      • If you don't want to watch the clip, everyone was asked "What would your dream fighter in Smash be?", and after a few answers, Grubb says "Geno!". The person who asked the question (I assume the host?) gave an interested "Mmmm!" response, then Grubb later says "...the one Geno." after realizing he was the only one who said Geno.
  • Sheik's Glitched SideB: Sheik's SideB at the moment is glitchy in World of Light, but it's purely graphical. This is however a new glitch, probably signifying that she's being used as a template for another character. Now while this could be a coincidence for another character instead, there's two reasons why this is very notable for Geno:
    • Sheik's SideB can be set off when you want it to, what could be the basis of a "timed hit" mechanic.
    • Sheik represents Geno in his Spirit battle, which is also specifically a battle in WoL.
  • @papagenos got a super confidential phone call, and gave us some tidbits of info (albeit vague, possibly due to NSA or the sensitive nature of the subject matter):
  • Ness is Glitchy: So not only Geno's Spirit Battle replacement, Sheik, but Ness is also now being glitchy. When you really think about it, there's a handful of similarities between Ness and Geno that may point to him also being used as a base:
    • Both have a good focus on magic but can also build physically too.
    • Ness has projectiles, which Geno would definitely have.
    • Ness's body type and height fits Geno quite well.
    • One of Ness's taunts has him nodding; Geno's victory animation in SMRPG is him nodding (and folding his arms).
  • Gamestop Leak: On July 14th, a certain video ad from Gamestop mentioned that "people were excited when they announced Geno for Smash". The thing that's weird about this is they played SMRPG footage and showed Geno's spirit at the end. The thing is however is that Geno's spirit was never announced. This could be a simple mistake and they meant the costume in Smash 4, but CloudyCat, a Gamestop manager, said that Pamela Horton (the woman in the video) would have access to information like this, in addition that everyone on Gamestop TV would be working from home so it's entirely possible she didn't catch that slip-up. Did Pamela Horton accidentally leak that Geno is coming to Smash?
  • Andre GameXplain Leaked Geno!: (DECONFIRMED) 7/16/20, Andre from GameXplain answered someone asking if Geno is coming and his response was: "He is! In Fighter Pack 7".
    • I was told I can't publicly post the picture, but there is a DM conversation with him saying it was a joke, but he does actually want Geno himself.
  • INSIDERS KEEP MENTIONING GENO: Yes, I did use the same bullet point, but we're not even 24h away from the direct (7/19) and we've had more and more people mentioning SMRPG and Geno once more. Jeff Grubb and Imran Khan had a back and forth on Twitter. NateDrake/NatetheHate talked about SMRPG on Spawnwave's podcast on 7/18 and also refused to talk about Smash. It's just all too convenient to say SMRPG/Geno won't be playable.
    • While the direct didn't happen on 7/20, they still heard Geno, so it's still a positive.
  • Blue Spirits Event Doesn't Have Geno: 7/31 has a new spirit event that revolves around characters who are blue in some way or wear blue. Geno, a very well-known spirit who wears a blue hat cloak is mysteriously missing from the event for some reason.
There are also additional things that are noteworthy for Geno's chances:
  • Spirit battles can be altered if the player has purchased DLC or not; Cuphead's spirit battle is against Mega Man if you don't own the Cuphead Mii costume, and against a Mii Gunner wearing Cuphead's costume if you do own it (thank you @Glitch-EGamer for reminding me to put that on here).
    • This would mean that if Geno becomes playable, his spirit battle could be modified to add his character in if you own him. If the spirit battle couldn't be modified, that would support the "spirits can't become playable" fanrule.
  • @Fatmanonice being an insider himself has heard a number of things in the insider circles regarding Geno.
  • @TerminalMontage put it best in his (most recent) "Geno for Smash" video; Sakurai is taking bits and pieces of Nintendo (and gaming in general) history for Ultimate and this wasn't really a thing in past titles. Some characters got new designs, some got some updates, such as Mario now having Cappy (a tiny graphical-only update to him to also include Odyssey). Geno represents the first Mario RPG game and a game that people still can't stop talking about 24 years later. Hell there's even a handful of subtle SMRPG references in Ultimate with Viridi mentioning Megasmilax on PPlant's Palutena's Guidance, and PPlant's victory animation where it dances a bit, similar to the Japanese commercial for SMRPG that has Piranha Plants dancing.
  • Placeholder rumor regarding Geno.

Geno chances to be playable are better than they ever have been before. He's got quite the legacy behind him regarding Smash, he's a piece of gaming history as being a (if not the) major protagonist of the first ever Mario RPG (which later created Paper Mario, it's originally intended sequel, and the Mario & Luigi series), and SMRPG also happened to bring RPGs to the mainstream appeal in the West. His fan demand is quite high, definitely in the top 10 of all characters not yet in Smash for sure. IMO, he's as close to a lock as any character can get, and I will be crushed if he doesn't get in because I'm that sure that, to quote @TerminalMontage: "he's gonna be in" (also for anyone who hasn't seen that video and his others, go watch. TM is a great dude and a big part of the Geno support community who sometimes posts in here and totally deserves your time!).

PS: If I forgot anything, feel free ping me in a brand new post and I'll be more than happy to add it in.

(3/12: Credit to @MisterMike for cleaning up some bits of the post)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Aren't those just restocks though? Not new amiibos?

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Assumed to be by the same person who leaked Ken early before Ultimate launched
One correction I'd like to make, we actually believe Ken leaker was sacked shortly after Ken was revealed in November 2018. It's either a different guy making reference to Ken leak or it's completely coincidental.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
One correction I'd like to make, we actually believe Ken leaker was sacked shortly after Ken was revealed in November 2018. It's either a different guy making reference to Ken leak or it's completely coincidental.
Went ahead and removed that, thanks.

Btw, does anyone have the source for the Mii Costume list? I went and put links to the leaks/relevant information but can't find one on the Mii list. Google searches just keep taking me back to CacoMallow.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Btw, does anyone have the source for the Mii Costume list? I went and put links to the leaks/relevant information but can't find one on the Mii list. Google searches just keep taking me back to CacoMallow.
Here's the original Discord message I remember seeing in a PapaGenos video
1582515764531.png

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Geno's Sm4sh Costume Remains AWOL: Where is it? If Geno was just coming back in his Sm4sh costume, it would have been pushed by now with Hero's Mii costume wave. There's no point in delaying that costume any further, doubly so if there isn't another SE rep coming.
Adding on to this, there were two other Costume waves where a Geno Mii Costume could've shown up, but hasn't: those being the Banjo costume wave and the Byleth costume wave due to both being just straight costume dumps instead of following the theme of the Fighter they were coming with.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Side-topic to the current one - and I know this has been discussed before - but with how much fan support and interest there is for Geno and SMRPG as a whole, and possibly depending on the reception to Geno when he gets released as DLC for Ultimate, do you think it's likely that Nintendo may negotiate with Squeenix to outright buy the rights to SMRPG since it is a Mario series game, so that they can start including Geno and Mallow and some of the more popular side-characters like Boshi in more games?

The prospect of being able to see Geno be a playable character in the next Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis - imagine Geno in a new Mario Strikers! - would be amazing, and if the reaction to Geno is super positive, I feel like Nintendo may go for it and be able to justify the cost in a corporate sense if it's guaranteed to make them money to have and use those rights for their own projects. It's not like Squeenix is using them at all

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Adding on to this, there were two other Costume waves where a Geno Mii Costume could've shown up, but hasn't: those being the Banjo costume wave and the Byleth costume wave due to both being just straight costume dumps instead of following the theme of the Fighter they were coming with.
SE mixing their content with other plebeian companies?! Perish the thought!

Side-topic to the current one - and I know this has been discussed before - but with how much fan support and interest there is for Geno and SMRPG as a whole, and possibly depending on the reception to Geno when he gets released as DLC for Ultimate, do you think it's likely that Nintendo may negotiate with Squeenix to outright buy the rights to SMRPG since it is a Mario series game, so that they can start including Geno and Mallow and some of the more popular side-characters like Boshi in more games?

The prospect of being able to see Geno be a playable character in the next Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis - imagine Geno in a new Mario Strikers! - would be amazing, and if the reaction to Geno is super positive, I feel like Nintendo may go for it and be able to justify the cost in a corporate sense if it's guaranteed to make them money to have and use those rights for their own projects. It's not like Squeenix is using them at all
SE would probably rather the characters die off than sell them. I'd kill for this so much but it would never happen. Square's just a bag of *****, sadly. Sure would be amazing though!

Last edited:
Top Bottom