• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Xenoblade Chronicles: DE has just been rated by the ESRB on Nintendo’s official website, meaning that it is likely finished and ready to release.

Hopeful for Zippo to be right with the second(and hopefully main) Direct possibly being this week.

Last edited:

Chad K Rule

Smash Cadet
Xenoblade Chronicles: DE has just been rated by the ESRB on Nintendo’s official website, meaning that it is likely finished and ready to release.

Hopeful for Zippo to be right with the main Direct possibly being this week.
Zippo was very serious about two directs this month I wouldn't be surprised if we get one this week or the next

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

More and more likely to be within the next two weeks at this rate for the general direct.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Wait, when did Zippo say that about the main Direct?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Zippo was very serious about two directs this month I wouldn't be surprised if we get one this week or the next
Well for him to be right, it would have to be this week as Saturday is the 29th (Leap Year!), the last day of the month.

Tuesday (and possibly Wednesday) will be a fun rollercoaster of emotions.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Even if the general direct isn't next week, it's very unlikely we'll have to wait much longer than 2 weeks into March since the amiibo theory so far has held up and it's more likely we'll see fighter 6 released in April.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Even if the general direct isn't next week, it's very unlikely we'll have to wait much longer than 2 weeks into March since the amiibo theory so far has held up and it's more likely we'll see fighter 6 released in April.
Well, I have personally and always expected Fighter 6 to be released in April, so I would not be surprised.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yeah but the problem is I'm already going nuts waiting for *this* week. If it turns out to not be this week, I don't know what I'll do.
(obviously over-exaggerating, but it is getting ridiculous and I am going a bit nuts with these unconfirmed rumors)

March is gonna be interesting
Should be, yeah. Depends what gets revealed and if anything else noteworthy comes out besides AC and Doom.

PS: Crazy idea, Doomguy gets revealed because half-wanted and half-advertising for Doom Eternal. Cacodemon hats gets revealed for it. CACOMALLOW IS REAL.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Geno in Smash!
Geno in Mario Odyssey!
Geno in Mario Maker 2!
Geno in Mario Kart!
Geno in Super Mario!
Geno in Mario Tennis!
Geno in Breath in the Wild 2!
Geno in Metroid Prime 4!
Geno in Ring Fit Adventure!
Geno in animal Crossing New Horizons!
Geno in Minecraft!
Geno in Fortnite!

It’s the Year or Geno! By this time, he would be the most iconic Mario character, even more iconic and important than Mario himself!

In all seriousness, I can for sure see the first six seeing as good possibilities should Geno see a revival and get brought back into the fold.
Someone make the sassy geno model (you know the one) do the fortnite default dance

Thank you

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
March is gonna be interesting
Speaking of that, if nothing somehow comes up in March in terms of Directs, would we still be alive, or would we be dry dead skeletons by the end of March?

Not saying we can't wait, but man, another month without a Direct would be painful to go through, wouldn't it?

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Doomguy and Geno are similar, fighting baddies from another dimension using guns? I love'em.

We also gonna get to 8 months since the Music Takedowns from Nintendo, also the Release Anniversary, right?

It can means nothing since it didnt happen with Porky last year but, Im pretty sure Geno is 76 or 77.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's fine DanaDee not everyone's a fan and if you don't want Geno in it want him in some other fashon I can respect that.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Tbh I have a feeling Geno would be a very popular Mario character if he was included in spin-offs and whatnot. He fits into the Mario aesthetic but offers something very unique with his laser beams and whole mysterious aesthetic. But he could also wholesome and family friendly. Mallow too, really. And it's been over a decade since Rosalina was introduced and added to the Mario spin-offs so it'd be in Nintendo's favor to get some fresh meat in there and would give people a reprieve from the baby rose gold doctors of the Mario world.

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
Hello GeGe supporters !
Am I the only one who don't really care about directs ? The only time I'm very interested on directs is during E3 season. I mean, the only thing I want from Nintendo as of now is Geno to be playable in Smash.....

well, maybe infos on No More Heroes 3 too... and a Waluigi game too... okay, I'd also like a new Wario Land game to be announced as well as a worldwide release of Persona 5 Scramble... and a Mario Sunshine remake...

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hello GeGe supporters !
Am I the only one who don't really care about directs ? The only time I'm very interested on directs is during E3 season. I mean, the only thing I want from Nintendo as of now is Geno to be playable in Smash.....

well, maybe infos on No More Heroes 3 too... and a Waluigi game too... okay, I'd also like a new Wario Land game to be announced as well as a worldwide release of Persona 5 Scramble... and a Mario Sunshine remake...
Welcome to the forums! Hopefully, Geno gets in for you, me and the rest of us!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If not March, then April May.
April May...? PHOENIX WRIGHT CONFIRMED FOR SMASH?!
(Uhh.. low-key sorta not really NSFW? There's some cleavage involed; you be the judge: In case someone doesn't know who that is)

In all seriousness though, there's no way we don't at least get the fighter revealed by April, unless they wanna be super mad lads, have a triple reveal for E3, and NOT RELEASE ANYTHING GOOD UNTIL E3??? That's like suicide TBH.

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the forums! Hopefully, Geno gets in for you, me and the rest of us!
Thank you ! And I have a feeling that he's going to get in as number 77 ! I'm not really into speculation besides for a few characters I REALLY want like Geno but CacoMallow is not deconfirmed, right ? Same for the Mii costume list with Mallow and Smithy ?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Thank you ! And I have a feeling that he's going to get in as number 77 ! I'm not really into speculation besides for a few characters I REALLY want like Geno but CacoMallow is not deconfirmed, right ? Same for the Mii costume list with Mallow and Smithy ?
Yeah, CacoMallow remains unconfirmed. Don't know about the Mii costume list with Mallow and Smithy, though.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hello GeGe supporters !

Welcome aboard to the Geno thread. Hope you enjoy your stay....uh oh the post number I got

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Both CacoMallow/Mii Costumes list have remained unconfirmed. Geno's chances have never been higher. The copyright takedown songs are also still a mystery.
As long as no SE rep is revealed, the chances are pretty dang high, and I personally think he's a lock.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
CacoMallow is not deconfirmed, right ? Same for the Mii costume list with Mallow and Smithy ?
Nope, neither so far have seen any kind of deconfirmation. Some modders have tried to recreate CacoMallow with varying success but even the one who got the closest stated that they thought making it as high quality as the leak was seemingly impossible. Mii List is same as usual, got several of Banjo's Mii Costumes right while the SMRPG costumes are still nowhere to be seen currently.

D

Deleted member

The fact that we got 6 extra fighters meaning that Smash Ultimate was originally going to end with Byleth, we still got hope with the Mii costume that could of came back with Hero still missing. Hope Fatman was right that the Vol. 2 will be a crowd pleaser more than pack 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
Oh so it's not deconfirmed ? That's very good then !! I've wanted Geno for years and he is currently my most wanted right now since I saw that Joker got in. If we can get Geno, it would truly be a dream coming true and even though I'd like some characters to get in, I swear I would never ask for anything ever again if we got Geno this year ! Wish I could react with y'all during his announcement. Because to me, seeing your favorite character announced is about sharing happiness and joy with those who wanted the same thing as you. It's all about celebrating (and laughing at haters) together, not as a community but as a group of friends who had a common wish.
God, this sounds so cheesy... but it's my honest opinion.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
As much as I'd love Geno back in the normal rotation of Mario characters (I really do think young AND old fans would love him to be a mainstay; he's very cool) I can't imagine them consistently using the character in Mario games since Square Enix owns the rights. And if he is DLC then that means they have financial incentive to hold onto him. Smash is a unique case since Square Enix stuff is already in it, but I sadly can't see a day where he ends up in like, Mario Tennis or Mario Kart.

BUT, if he could I'd be very down. He adds a lot to the Mario universe, as does Mallow, and I think it would've been really interesting to see what Square's vision of the Mario universe could've been today if Nintendo had gone in that direction.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Here's a fun fact. Remember that sign in Super Mario 64 with the blurry text?

l is real.png

For years it's perplexed scholars and pre-teens watching SM64 videos from the late 2000s alike, and they've had several hunches on what it could possibly mean, but now with 2020 technology, we can finally decipher its meaning. Here's how it looks like in 4k quality:
cacomallow is real 2401.png

Yep! They've been teasing us about Geno and Cacomallow even before Super Smash Bros was a thing. Amazing, ain't it?

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Here's a fun fact. Remember that sign in Super Mario 64 with the blurry text?

View attachment 263595

For years it's perplexed scholars and pre-teens watching SM64 videos from the late 2000s alike, and they've had several hunches on what it could possibly mean, but now with 2020 technology, we can finally decipher its meaning. Here's how it looks like in 4k quality:

Yep! They've been teasing us about Geno and Cacomallow even before Super Smash Bros was a thing. Amazing, ain't it?
>2401
Holy ****! Is that gonna be like, the number of Fighter Passes we're getting?????

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Post-Sephiroth Update: You've no doubt seen the Mii costume and my very salty recent update, but there's still some weirdness going on with Geno, so rather than have a salt update, I'll make a real one. I've updated a ton of points below.

Hi there! If you're reading this, chances are I linked it in the hope of educating you on evidence that I've compiled that may point to Geno getting in Smash Ultimate. The List™ below contains all the leaks/rumors and other circumstantial evidence that still have an unconfirmed status, meaning that it has yet to be disproven, or stuff that has already happened (and is "confirmed").

Before the list though, I'd like to once again emphasize that everything below is either a leak (and therefore unconfirmed), could be coincidental, or is circumstantial evidence. Obviously nothing will 100% point to Geno except him getting an official reveal, but enough people have been trying to debunk this that I wanted it to be super obvious for anyone seeing this that is either new or just coming to debunk stuff, that yes, all the regulars here are painfully aware that none of this is a guarantee and it could just be a lot of fake leaks/coincidences that just happened to line up how they did. This is just meant to be a list where all that stuff is compiled, so rather than going "ah crap, where was that one thing posted again?" that they could come to this post and see it in a neater format rather than digging for something from months/a year ago.

Anyway, with all t
hat finally said-and-done, here's the list:
  • SPIRITS DO NOT DECONFIRM!: Proven by Sakurai himself, the 6th DLC fighter is Min Min, who was originally a spirit that is now promoted to a playable fighter. While most of us knew this wasn't going to be a barrier for the Smash team for a long time now, this confirms it, and no longer can people use "Spirits deconfirm" to argue against Geno.
  • Mii Costume List Leak: Someone leaked a bunch of Mii costumes, and there were some SMRPG ones on there like Mallow and Smithy. Geno however is not on that list. If this leak is real, it most certainly points to Geno being playable because why would the only character from the game who actually didhave a Mii costume in the past not get one for Ultimate?
    • Many of their entries have been correct: Goemon, Zero, Protoman,Team Rocket Grunt, and claiming Geno's costume is not returning (such as in regards to Hero). "MCG" (Mii Costume Guy) has also gotten a lot of SNK spirit stuff right (thank you axel_ axel_ ): Kyo, Haohmaru, Geese, and some "Classic SNK" (which turned out to be Athena, Clark and Ralf, having their original first-game's art as opposed to newer versions, hence the "classic" part).
      • Post-Sephiroth: Geno's costume obviously did come back, so I'm unsure on where to put MCG as far as leaks go. While yes, Geno's costume didn't come back with Hero, he was also stating that Mallow and Smithy were on the way while Geno was not, yet the complete opposite happened.
    • No returning costumes have ever returned alongside new costumes from their series: Tails & Knuckles with Joker, Zero and Proto Man with Banjo, Jacky and Akira with Terry, and Mega Man X and MegaMan.EXE with Byleth. If Geno's costume was coming back, it'd be unprecedented to come with Mallow and/or Smithy. (Credit: MisterMike MisterMike ) That said though, SE is different and can do different things, including breaking this pattern. Still though, if Mallow and Smithy are coming as costumes, it would be greatly in Geno's favor of becoming playable.
    • Fatman dropped a lot more of MCG's list, one of which was 2B! That's massive competition for Geno removed, if MCG is correct.
  • CacoMallow Leak: Someone leaked videos (and an image) of Ken fighting a Mii wearing a Cacodemon (from Doom) headpiece/"hat" and a second Mii wearing a Mallow hat, hence the name of the leak being "CacoMallow". There are notable things to this leak, including the timer being locked and not ticking down, and modders have tried extensively to recreate the costumes, but they always come up short. Specifically, there's always small clipping issues or lack of polish on the modded hats that aren't as clean as CacoMallow. If this was a fake, it's made by the best modder in the world because no other modder can replicate it as well. Also just to clarify, this leak in no way showed off Doomguy nor Geno. The leak itself is just for the two Mii costumes. It's totally possible both costumes can get in without either associated character being playable, but it very likely points to at least Geno because it would be really weird to add a second SMRPG costume without Geno being playable. Doomguy is up in the air when we have some costumed like Altair and Rabbid.
    • Picture comparisons and a post courtesy of RuffyYoshi RuffyYoshi .
    • Mii Costume Leaker (above) also had Mallow on their list of costumes, so the two leaks support each other.
    • DLC 6 (Min Min)'s Mii wave came with a different Bethesda costume: Vault Boy (Fallout). At this point though, CacoMallow is basically irrelevant for Geno.
    • Steve coming to Smash actually proves one good thing regarding CacoMallow: Time has no real relevancy on leaks/rumors. Steve's been in discussion between Microsoft and the Smash team since at least 2015 or even earlier! CacoMallow being "old" doesn't matter and this leak is still very much on the table for Geno.
  • Copyright Takedown Songs: Beware the Forest Mushrooms (Forest Maze, the place that everyone associats with Geno) and Battle Against an Armed Boss (Smithy Gang/2nd boss OST) were both copyright taken down, by Nintendo, who doesn't own the rights to either song,around E3 2019, roughly the time FP2 characters would be negotiated for. What's notable about this is that other songs that were taken down by Nintendo ended up getting content in Smash, such as that MEGALOVANIA remix being taken down 9 months before the Sans premium Mii costume was revealed, bringing with it a very similar MEGALOVANIA remix. A Banjo-Kazooie Smash-style remix was also taken down, and we now know why since Banjo & Kazooie are in Smash.
    • What's further notable is that exactly 2 songs were taken down, which all other Square Enix characters have gotten in Smash: 2 songs each. Cloud got 2 FF7 songs and each of the DQ Heroes goes 2 songs each from their associated games in the series. This likely points to Geno being added with these 2 songs, more than a premium costume with one of them
      • All that said, Yoko Shimomura was the composer for SMRPG and she's much easier to work with than Nobuo Uematsu (the Final Fantasy composer) and Koichi Sugiyama (the Dragon Quest composer), meaning that if Geno is made playable, he could totally come with more than just those 2 songs (just don't expect "Fight Against Culex" as that's a remix of FF4's boss theme, which Uematsu has the rights to). Regardless whether he comes with 2 or more songs, the fact remains that these songs were copyright taken down and we still do not know why.
    • Post-Sephiroth: BotFM was used in Geno's Mii Costume reveal, but BAaAB is still missing. Neither song is actually playable in Smash though, regardless if you buy the costume or not.
  • Geno's Sm4sh Costume Remains AWOL: Unfortunately, we got the costume back, which nearly shatters his chances.
  • Sakurai's Approval of Geno since Brawl: Sakurai himself said the possessed doll fits in well for Smash. He tried to get him in as far back as Brawl, but for whatever reason, it didn't happen.
  • Nintendo is Well Aware of Geno's (and Waluigi's) Fan Demand: I personally missed the "Geno" part back in pre-release, and thought this was just about Waluigi. Credit to Paraspikey Paraspikey for correcting that, who also has a whole post about this on page 2548. His post goes into more detail, and you should absolutely check it out, but a quick TL;DR: The person who confirmed that Nintendo's aware of the demand is a manager of product marketing for over 3 years (at Nintendo) and has 12+ years of experience with Nintendo in general. This is absolutely someone who would know if Nintendo was listening or not.
  • Smash Bros Legacy C&D:Super Smash Bros. Legacy XP was a popular Super Smash Bros. Brawl mod pack created in the same vein as Project M. It aimed to offer a new casual and competitive Smash experience including existing character reworks, new stages, new songs, and new characters. Some of these new characters included Shadow the Hedgehog, Waluigi, and of course, Geno. On March 13th, 2020 however, the Smash Legacy team stated that they would abruptly cease development on the modpack. Nothing was specifically stated to be because of legal issues, but the sudden timing of the project shutting down, the lack of info provided to team members, and the removal of all the game’s downloads indicated that this decision was not done by choice. Unlike Project M, the Project Legacy team did not state any reasons as to why they shut down the project either, which further reinforces the idea that this project was shut down due to legal action from Nintendo. It's been theorized that Geno and Waluigi being in characters in Legacy XP were the main reasons as to why the project was shutdown, and that Nintendo wanted to potentially implement these characters as future Smash Ultimate DLC fighters. (Thanks to TooManyToastahs TooManyToastahs for this much better bullet point)
    • After the takedown of SMB1: Battle Royale, to then getting virtually the same thing back officially from Nintendo on September 3rd, that gives an extra boost to the credibility that Legacy's takedown is related to somethingNintendo is doing, which is insanely likely to be Geno.
      • Also of course, AM2R being taken down leading to the remake of Metroid 2 on 3DS, but that just goes without saying.
  • 2020's 2nd Half is Heavily Rumored to be Very Mario-Focused (Deconfirmed? 10/1): Despite the Mario focus in early September, the next fighter shown was Steve (and co) from Minecraft, so this doesn't seem to be as big of evidence anymore.
  • Seven Squares Leak: I had totally forgotten about this until I was recently reminded by Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth (thank you!), but there was a leak quite awhile ago (even before base launch) that had a list of 7 Square Enix characters that were either "potential candidates", or potentially also leakbait. If this leak is legitimate, that's really good odds for Geno, since he competes with an incredibly unlikely character who isn't even owned by Square-Enix (Sora), another dead character who is not only an anime swordsman, but also as dead as Geno (Crono), and one last character who I doubt because FF7 is already represented in Smash (Sephiroth). Also Slime from DQ, but come on, that's not gonna happen post-Hero. For the record though, here's the entire list:
    • Geno (in-game as a costume)
    • Sora
    • Crono
    • Sephiroth (already in-game!)
    • Erdrick (already in-game!)
    • Luminary (already in-game!)
    • Slime (because we got Hero, I highly doubt Slime would also show up)
  • Polish Amiibo Rerelease Leak: While the leak was real since Mario and Cloud were restocked, this had nothing to do with CP7. Cloud did have something to do with CP8 however, so it's possible CP8 (Sephiroth) was intended for a Q3/4 reveal pre-Coronavirus.
  • Insiders Keep Mentioning Geno/SMRPG: Whether it's GameXplain predicting him (thanks to StarLight42 StarLight42 for pinging me at 3:33AM) or Jeff Grubb making weird SMRPG-related tweets and retweets, we've been hearing things from insiders about Geno for quite awhile. Even Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has been hearing the name, and he knows more than he tells us, since he doesn't like spoiling stuff. ;)
  • papagenos papagenos got a super confidential phone call, and gave us some tidbits of info (albeit vague, possibly due to NSA or the sensitive nature of the subject matter):
  • Gamestop Leak: On July 14th, a certain video ad from Gamestop mentioned that "people were excited when they announced Geno for Smash". The thing that's weird about this is they played SMRPG footage and showed Geno's spirit at the end. The thing is however is that Geno's spirit was never announced. This could be a simple mistake and they meant the costume in Smash 4, but CloudyCat, a Gamestop manager, said that Pamela Horton (the woman in the video) would have access to information like this, in addition that everyone on Gamestop TV would be working from home so it's entirely possible she didn't catch that slip-up. Did Pamela Horton accidentally leak that Geno is coming to Smash?
  • Super Mario RPG Remake/Sequel?!: This was the "Placeholder Rumor" I had in the second section for months now and wasn't allowed to post about, but some people have publicly posted about this, so now I can finally add it to the list. Yes, Super Mario RPG is being talked about by some with the possibility of it getting a remake or a sequel (unsure which it is at the moment).
    • Sharon on Twitter posted on 9/3 (the Mario 35th Direct day) that SMRPG is getting a sequel (and yes this was also posted above in the "Insiders Mentioning Geno" section too).
    • A Twitch clip from Shofu also posted on 9/3 has a discussion between three people (none of which I know nor can identify) about the Mario 35th direct until one of them brings up SMRPG is getting a sequel. While many of us thought they were referring to Sharon since both were posted on the same day, they mentioned that "this person got the date of the last 4 directs correct", but AFAIK, Sharon didn't do that, so are they referring to yet another person who has heard of a SMRPG project? (Credit to Slender Slender for finding this one)
    • It's also been said that SMRPG on NSO is being delayed for the announcement of this game. If true, that means this game is more likely to be a sequel so you can play the original on NSO to catch up for the sequel.
  • Mallow's Mii costume is still being heard: Even after Geno was put in as a costume, for some reason, people are still hearing updated information that Mallow's Mii costume is coming. Awkwah Awkwah (was granted their permission to namedrop them) is one of the people who have heard such information. People have also heard to wait regarding Geno, even though he's already in as a costume, plus the was the whole weirdness with Mii Fighters Wave 8 being at the beginning of the Mr. Sakurai video for Sephiroth, rather than at the end as usual. It would be great if this actually means Nintendo/Sakurai want to break another big fan rule regarding costumes, especially with Geno being the one to do that.
There are also additional things that are noteworthy for Geno's chances:
  • Spirit battles can be altered if the player has purchased DLC or not; Cuphead's spirit battle is against Mega Man if you don't own the Cuphead Mii costume, and against a Mii Gunner wearing Cuphead's costume if you do own it (thank you Glitch-EGamer Glitch-EGamer for reminding me to put that on here).
    • This would mean that if Geno becomes playable, his spirit battle could be modified to add his character in if you own him. If the spirit battle couldn't be modified, that would support the "spirits can't become playable" fanrule.
  • Fatmanonice Fatmanonice being an insider himself has heard a number of things in the insider circles regarding Geno.
  • TerminalMontage TerminalMontage put it best in his (most recent) "Geno for Smash" video; Sakurai is taking bits and pieces of Nintendo (and gaming in general) history for Ultimate and this wasn't really a thing in past titles. Some characters got new designs, some got some updates, such as Mario now having Cappy (a tiny graphical-only update to him to also include Odyssey). Geno represents the first Mario RPG game and a game that people still can't stop talking about 24 years later. Hell there's even a handful of subtle SMRPG references in Ultimate with Viridi mentioning Megasmilax on PPlant's Palutena's Guidance, and PPlant's victory animation where it dances a bit, similar to the Japanese commercial for SMRPG that has Piranha Plants dancing.

Geno chances to be playable are better than they ever have been before. (unfortunately they're pretty slim post-Sephiroth, but he's miraculously not dead yet still) He's got quite the legacy behind him regarding Smash, he's a piece of gaming history as being a (if not the) major protagonist of the first ever Mario RPG (which later created Paper Mario, it's originally intended sequel, and the Mario & Luigi series), and SMRPG also happened to bring RPGs to the mainstream appeal in the West. His fan demand is quite high, definitely in the top 10 of all characters not yet in Smash for sure. IMO, he's as close to a lock as any character can get, and I will be crushed if he doesn't get in because I'm that sure that, to quote TerminalMontage TerminalMontage : "he's gonna be in" (also for anyone who hasn't seen that video and his others, go watch them. TM is a great dude and play a big part of the Geno support community who sometimes posts in here and totally deserves your time!).

PS: If I forgot anything, feel free ping me in a brand new post and I'll be more than happy to add it in.

A Sort-Of-Changelog:
(12/21: Post-Sephiroth updates)
(10/1: Post-Steve updates)
(3/12: Credit to MisterMike MisterMike for cleaning up some bits of the post)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Aren't those just restocks though? Not new amiibos?

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Assumed to be by the same person who leaked Ken early before Ultimate launched
One correction I'd like to make, we actually believe Ken leaker was sacked shortly after Ken was revealed in November 2018. It's either a different guy making reference to Ken leak or it's completely coincidental.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
One correction I'd like to make, we actually believe Ken leaker was sacked shortly after Ken was revealed in November 2018. It's either a different guy making reference to Ken leak or it's completely coincidental.
Went ahead and removed that, thanks.

Btw, does anyone have the source for the Mii Costume list? I went and put links to the leaks/relevant information but can't find one on the Mii list. Google searches just keep taking me back to CacoMallow.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Btw, does anyone have the source for the Mii Costume list? I went and put links to the leaks/relevant information but can't find one on the Mii list. Google searches just keep taking me back to CacoMallow.
Here's the original Discord message I remember seeing in a PapaGenos video
1582515764531.png

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Geno's Sm4sh Costume Remains AWOL: Where is it? If Geno was just coming back in his Sm4sh costume, it would have been pushed by now with Hero's Mii costume wave. There's no point in delaying that costume any further, doubly so if there isn't another SE rep coming.
Adding on to this, there were two other Costume waves where a Geno Mii Costume could've shown up, but hasn't: those being the Banjo costume wave and the Byleth costume wave due to both being just straight costume dumps instead of following the theme of the Fighter they were coming with.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Side-topic to the current one - and I know this has been discussed before - but with how much fan support and interest there is for Geno and SMRPG as a whole, and possibly depending on the reception to Geno when he gets released as DLC for Ultimate, do you think it's likely that Nintendo may negotiate with Squeenix to outright buy the rights to SMRPG since it is a Mario series game, so that they can start including Geno and Mallow and some of the more popular side-characters like Boshi in more games?

The prospect of being able to see Geno be a playable character in the next Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis - imagine Geno in a new Mario Strikers! - would be amazing, and if the reaction to Geno is super positive, I feel like Nintendo may go for it and be able to justify the cost in a corporate sense if it's guaranteed to make them money to have and use those rights for their own projects. It's not like Squeenix is using them at all

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Adding on to this, there were two other Costume waves where a Geno Mii Costume could've shown up, but hasn't: those being the Banjo costume wave and the Byleth costume wave due to both being just straight costume dumps instead of following the theme of the Fighter they were coming with.
SE mixing their content with other plebeian companies?! Perish the thought!

Side-topic to the current one - and I know this has been discussed before - but with how much fan support and interest there is for Geno and SMRPG as a whole, and possibly depending on the reception to Geno when he gets released as DLC for Ultimate, do you think it's likely that Nintendo may negotiate with Squeenix to outright buy the rights to SMRPG since it is a Mario series game, so that they can start including Geno and Mallow and some of the more popular side-characters like Boshi in more games?

The prospect of being able to see Geno be a playable character in the next Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis - imagine Geno in a new Mario Strikers! - would be amazing, and if the reaction to Geno is super positive, I feel like Nintendo may go for it and be able to justify the cost in a corporate sense if it's guaranteed to make them money to have and use those rights for their own projects. It's not like Squeenix is using them at all
SE would probably rather the characters die off than sell them. I'd kill for this so much but it would never happen. Square's just a bag of *****, sadly. Sure would be amazing though!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom