• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Unfortunately, a Gamexplain user named "Steve" (guy who predicted Byleth in the predictions video lol) barged into the resetera thread and said he found no reason to believe a direct is coming this month

View attachment 263377
Honestly, even if Zippo's wrong, we now have something that suggests that 6 is coming in April so, worst case scenario, we're not getting a General Direct until April and approximately 67% of the Smash fanbase takes up hard drinking.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
She's a literal pipedream. But I would be so excited for her if by some miracle she got in.
Just having Mischief Makers and Marina be relevant again would be a dream for me. Real shame it never got re-released on both Virtual Consoles. Here's hoping like Stunt Race and other new old titles that didn't come to VC get a shot at a N64 Switch Online.
Heck I'd buy a Marina Mii Costume in a flash at the least if not a fighter. Similar to Goemon showing up I'd actually be really hype for that too. Would be neat if she got paired with a Geno fighter Mii Costume round.
I really should give that game a try sometime. I've seen it but never gave it much attention or thought outside the occasional retro reviewer playing/talking about it. But yeah, Marina/MM is a character/game that I really do love but it's more in the back of my mind. It's not always thought about like SMRPG or Undertale, but it's definitely in my top 50 and I always love seeing it brought up every now and again.

Marina Amiibo LET'S GOOOOOOOO... or just a Mii costume, that's cool too. Hopefully with a music track? ;)

It's warming to see other fans of Mischief Makers in the Geno thread, and if this old tweet is any indication then at least there is SOME interest from companies willing to revive it:

1438439042123.png

I can't really think of a studio that could do Super Mario RPG justice though if it was to be brought back, at least in a design or writing capacity.

Firox

Smash Master
I respectfully disagree with both points
I can totally understand if you like Yuri's look better than Lloyd's since aesthetics are totally subjective, but how is a single-bladed sword style more interesting than a duel-wielding one when we already have 17 other characters that use the single-blade style? I'm frankly already to the point that I probably will not buy another swordie DLC character unless they are drastically different from all the others. Fortunately, Hero and Byleth were pretty unique, and I suppose Arts and whatnot could make Yuri unique in his own right, however, it still makes little sense to me how a far less common style could be viewed as less interesting than one we've seen literally over a dozen times. I mean, there's really only so much variation you can put into swinging a sword anyway, hence why we see tons of recycled animations amongst all the swordies.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, even if Zippo's wrong, we now have something that suggests that 6 is coming in April so, worst case scenario, we're not getting a General Direct until April and approximately 67% of the Smash fanbase takes up hard drinking.
Too late.... (takes a sip of Crown Royal)

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, a Gamexplain user named "Steve" (guy who predicted Byleth in the predictions video lol) barged into the resetera thread and said he found no reason to believe a direct is coming this month

View attachment 263377
Actually, I beg to differ...
Unless Nintendo announces their PAX lineup with old stuff and Animal Crossing or pulls out from the event altogether, I think something is happening next week.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Well, Geno comrades, I have a quick question to ask that may wind up being extremely important: were the Cloud Amiibos ever rereleased during Ultimate?
Yes. Almost all Sm4sh amiibo were. Still missing a select few though. Not sure what their process is.

-Apparently Best Buy let out that the next Amiibo wave is coming in April.

-Suggests we are getting 6 in April and that Zippo was right that we're getting two Directs this month.

-Suggests Joker's Amiibo is coming with 6.

-Suggests 7 is absolutely going to be an E3 reveal.

-Suggests Hero's Amiibo is coming with 7 and will probably release mid summer.

-Square is an enormous stickler for releasing its stuff with its own stuff so heavily implies 7 is Square Enix.

View attachment 263376
Do you think we'll see amiibo for the dlc alts? These are really the first alts I actually really care about.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
67%? That seems pretty low to me.

... I just imagined the worst case scenario ... in April Nintendo just tweets the restock ... no Direct in February or March ...

May as well be part of the 67% now, just in case.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
How do you turn 3 years older in 2 months?

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
This would suggest that Joker would be coming with 6 and Hero would be coming out the same month as 7 and... Oh? Oh! OH! Hmmm... By extension Banjo would be coming out with 8....
I read this and IMMEDIATELY thought, "hmm... this almost sounds like...

> Joker amiibo = CP 6 = Dante
> Hero amiibo = CP 7 = Geno
> Banjo amiibo = CP 8 = Crash Bandicoot

and going a bit further...

> Terry amiibo = CP 9 = oof... this one's a bit tough but... going by the idea of mirroring characters... Heihachi... ?
> Byleth amiibo = CP 10 = a... Nintendo character? (PLEASE be Pauline)
> CP 6 amiibo (if Dante) = CP 11 = Doom Slayer (here to hunt the "demon")

:nifty: Ok, I'll see myself out for now.

T2by4

Smash Lord
-Apparently Best Buy let out that the next Amiibo wave is coming in April.

-Suggests we are getting 6 in April and that Zippo was right that we're getting two Directs this month.

-Suggests Joker's Amiibo is coming with 6.

-Suggests 7 is absolutely going to be an E3 reveal.

-Suggests Hero's Amiibo is coming with 7 and will probably release mid summer.

-Square is an enormous stickler for releasing its stuff with its own stuff so heavily implies 7 is Square Enix.

View attachment 263376
Holy BASED!

View attachment 263377
So either Zippo or that literal who resetera guy is wrong. Wonder which one it'll be.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I think if Zippo is right about the two Directs in February part but the next one isn’t a normal one, it will most likely be XC:DE focused, as we know it recently got rated and is likely going to release a little soon.
Still, I wouldn’t be against it, as I’m very much hyped to learn more about it.

D

Deleted member

Hoo-boy the wait might continue then?

Ah it's fine but man do we need something.

I trust The GameXPlain crew a lot. But why exactly is Steve so confident we don't get a general direct next week?

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In regards to whether we might be getting a Direct next week or not, perhaps this might weigh the probability more in the favor of there being one after all. https://www.destructoid.com/platinum-games-has-major-announcement-coming-february-27-581018.phtml
Um, I would hate to be that guy, but though they are different companies, Capcom said to expect things Devil May Cry related on three different dates, in January and February if I recall. None of them have been Direct based, if so far. What are the odds the major announcement from Platinum is not from a Nintendo Direct?

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Supirorguy, a guy on the PapaGenos discord, says that the guy who leaked the Mii Costume list with Mallow and Smithy on it (Along with a bunch of other stuff about mii costumes and spirits and stuff) said their source told them that Garag Mach (The Fire Emblem Stage) would be showing up in Smash in some form before Byleth's release.

This is the same source Fatman's talked about on here a bunch.
So like, take that for whatever it's worth. The only thing this person's seemingly heard that didn't come out a few days later was the Mallow/Smithy/Chocobo hat costumes. And that was back in October.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

View attachment 263377
Ehhhh... Steve hasn’t really leaked anything in the past, I wouldn’t even count Byleth as that’s not too hard a guess. So he might be right, but I wouldn’t take his word as gospel

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I read this and IMMEDIATELY thought, "hmm... this almost sounds like...

> Joker amiibo = CP 6 = Dante
> Hero amiibo = CP 7 = Geno
> Banjo amiibo = CP 8 = Crash Bandicoot

and going a bit further...

> Terry amiibo = CP 9 = oof... this one's a bit tough but... going by the idea of mirroring characters... Heihachi... ?
> Byleth amiibo = CP 10 = a... Nintendo character? (PLEASE be Pauline)
> CP 6 amiibo (if Dante) = CP 11 = Doom Slayer (here to hunt the "demon")

:nifty: Ok, I'll see myself out for now.
Wait! Before you go, allow me to add onto this with some theory crafting of my own!
Okay, so you know how there are 7 Mii Costumes that have yet to return from Smash 4? Well, I've been wondering who they'll be released alongside, and based off of this list I think I can do a decent job of piecing together who they'd be.

So for a while I've been wondering who the Monster Hunter costumes will release alongside. Now while it's totally plausible that they'll return with whoever (the Mega Man costumes returned with Banjo and Byleth after all), I got to thinking of any characters who would be more fitting.

And then it hit to me: The Monster Hunter costumes are tough and gritty looking armor sets (with one looking straight-up demonic), both are predominantly dark brown and red in color, both are swordfighter costumes, and both of them are from a series owned by Capcom. So... a tough, gritty swordfighter who is heavily associated with dark browns and reds and is owned by Capcom? Now who does that remind me of?

There's been a lot of evidence that suggests that Dante may be coming to Smash: Heard about in insider circles for a while, won that poll that Kamiya put out asking people who they'd want to most see come to Smash, the first three DMC games coming to Switch almost immediately after the series' director stated that they should be on Nintendo consoles before Dante ever comes to Smash, Capcom is considered likely for another character due to not getting one during Vol.1.

I think it's possible that Dante really is coming to the game, and that the Monster Hunter costumes will come alongside him. Similar to what happened with the other costumes that came with Joker and Terry, there'll be something of a theme going on with them, namely demonic-looking costumes:

Virgil (Swordfighter), V (Swordfighter), the returning Hunter Set and Rathalos Set, Cacodemon Hat from DOOM, and DmC!Dante as a Deluxe Mii Costume (Swordfighter).

That's one set out of the way, so let's move on to the next. There's been plenty of stuff regarding Geno that's been happening since last year, but since it's been discussed to death already I won't mention it here. I still think Geno has a great shot of getting in this FIghter Pass, and based on everything we've heard, I think this could be the Mii Costumes he'd come with:

Mallow Hat, Smithy (Swordfighter), Chocobo Hat, and 2B as a Deluxe Mii Costume (Swordfighter). Optionally, the Geno Costume could return alongside Geno as well. Waste not want not, right?

So now all that's left are the Namco Costumes. I'm still pretty confident that we'll be getting a Namco character this Fighter Pass, and it's between either Lloyd or Heihachi. Right now I think Heihachi has the edge over Lloyd, but it's still pretty close to 50/50 for me.

In regards to whether we might be getting a Direct next week or not, perhaps this might weigh the probability more in the favor of there being one after all. https://www.destructoid.com/platinum-games-has-major-announcement-coming-february-27-581018.phtml
Scalebound revival coming to Switch and PC, calling it now.

D

Deleted member

Yeah for now let’s see how this turns out.

If Steve is right then, we’ll might as well prepare those drinks now. I don’t indulge in beer so probably something more juice based for me.

Also huh wonder what the genius of Hedeki Kamiya has planned for next week?

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was placing F6 at E3 with a September 2020 reveal with the pack ending in December 2021. It’s late I know but I lowball most things to avoid disappointment. I was low key calling Byleth before the Presentation but redirected to Dante last minute.

I have supported Geno since the Brawl days and have played SMRPG since it was released. While my support has waned over the years, I would still be very happy to see the last bastion of “Brawl or Bust” characters (K Rool, Ridley, and Banjo being examples of those). However, as of late, Geno is low tier in my SQE wishlist. It doesn’t mean I don’t want him but, according to what I would like to see, my list goes:

1) 2B
2) Sora
3) Chrono
4) Sephiroth
5) Geno
6) Terra Bradford
7) Lara Croft

Please don’t hate me. I do have my reasons. Valid reasons.

Geno does have a lot going for him. I mean, more than half of the pizza restaurants around the world are named after him. Not vice versa. That’s fake news :3

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
I was placing F6 at E3 with a September 2020 reveal with the pack ending in December 2021. It’s late I know but I lowball most things to avoid disappointment. I was low key calling Byleth before the Presentation but redirected to Dante last minute.

I have supported Geno since the Brawl days and have played SMRPG since it was released. While my support has waned over the years, I would still be very happy to see the last bastion of “Brawl or Bust” characters (K Rool, Ridley, and Banjo being examples of those). However, as of late, Geno is low tier in my SQE wishlist. It doesn’t mean I don’t want him but, according to what I would like to see, my list goes:

1) 2B
2) Sora
3) Chrono
4) Sephiroth
5) Geno
6) Terra Bradford
7) Lara Croft

Geno does have a lot going for him. I mean, more than half of the pizza restaurants around the world are named after him. Not vice versa. That’s fake news :3
>2B

This is the only Square Rep I wouldn't get upset at if they got in over Geno. Sure I'd be sad a little, but 2B is great, plus the music is godlike. All the others is a no go for me. Although I can respect Chrono since they've been hussling to get into the roster for years too.
0dd79cefee35921a40a06dcf747fec7db5629e36e7d48114cc01b5f7f15095e9_1.jpg

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

1) 2B
2) Sora
3) Chrono
4) Sephiroth
5) Geno
6) Terra Bradford
7) Lara Croft

Sora's not owned by Square, he's Disney's property, but otherwise the list is indeed Square reps. Personally, while Geno is my most wanted character overall, I wouldn't mind Marina Lightyears from Mischief Makers coming along with him if Squaresoft and Enix are treated separately like they were in previous DLC cycles.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
1) 2B
2) Sora
3) Chrono
4) Sephiroth
5) Geno
6) Terra Bradford
7) Lara Croft
1) If Mai couldn't even appear...
2) Disney.
3) Maybe once upon a time, but too many swordsmen, plus Geno's legacy and demand seems much higher to me than Chrono's. If we ever get an Ultimate "2" (like a port of Ultimate on the Switch's successor, with new characters), I could see Chrono potentially getting in though.
4) I could sadly see this happening and would cry if it did. A huge **** you to SE fans who like their other games besides the most overrated one (fight me, idc). Acknowledging FF7 over another FF or their many other good games would just be a huuuuuuuge **** you.
5) *gives a thumbs up*
6) Lack of fan demand. I wouldn't be sad at seeing FF6 acknowledged though.
7) Lack of fan demand even more. She's speculated about but never taken seriously outside of discussions regarding "gaming history".

I just don't see any of those happening but Sephiroth or Geno TBH.

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
It's nice to see the love for Marina Liteyears on here - I often associate Mischief Makers and Super Mario RPG together since they both came out just a year apart and I played both close to the same time.

Geno's my top priority but Marina Liteyears would be an incredible bonus. Top-tier childhood picks.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

1) 2B
2) Sora
3) Chrono
4) Sephiroth
5) Geno
6) Terra Bradford
7) Lara Croft

Ill stand by your side with the first 2. Slap some shorts or leggings on 2B And she would be good and Sora, he would but be hella fun.
But those all were mostly good picks
only thing wrong with 2B is panty shots and thats easy to fix

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
You know, I wasn't going to post here again for a while, but I just had the thought - if Geno gets in, but he's flat like G&W, and looks like SNES graphics, would you still buy him? Personally, I think I'd actually have to think about it for a bit, rather than an instant download as I would otherwise.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Supirorguy, a guy on the PapaGenos discord, says that the guy who leaked the Mii Costume list with Mallow and Smithy on it (Along with a bunch of other stuff about mii costumes and spirits and stuff) said their source told them that Garag Mach (The Fire Emblem Stage) would be showing up in Smash in some form before Byleth's release.

This is the same source Fatman's talked about on here a bunch.
So like, take that for whatever it's worth. The only thing this person's seemingly heard that didn't come out a few days later was the Mallow/Smithy/Chocobo hat costumes. And that was back in October.
Yep. He's referring to "Mii Costume Guy." A couple of months ago, people were calling him "Mii Costume Guy" but, no, Supriorguy is a teenager and a really good confidant with a surprisingly solid network. We've known each other since about November or so.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Part of the issue with communicating with "Mii Costume Guy" is that there's a language barrier. Some things we've heard from them may be translation errors. For example, with Banjo's costumes, people were just sent a list of names with no explanation and people correctly assumed they were Mii costumes. I don't know the full story of the Fire Emblem content because, on Christmas, I was shared it with one of their "in-betweens." Like the previous post showed, I had been shared those names too (except Sothis, weirdly enough) and was told they were costumes. Costumes might have meant "ALTs" because these 6 are ALTs of Byleth. Kind of like Terry's spirit board being mistaken for Mii costumes, this was possibly another case of "Lost in Translation", meaning Mii Costume Guy was right yet again but he was misinterpreted.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
2) Disney.
3) Maybe once upon a time, but too many swordsmen, plus Geno's legacy and demand seems much higher to me than Chrono's. If we ever get an Ultimate "2" (like a port of Ultimate on the Switch's successor, with new characters), I could see Chrono potentially getting in though.
4) I could sadly see this happening and would cry if it did. A huge **** you to SE fans who like their other games besides the most overrated one (fight me, idc). Acknowledging FF7 over another FF or their many other good games would just be a huuuuuuuge **** you.
5) *gives a thumbs up*
6) Lack of fan demand. I wouldn't be sad at seeing FF6 acknowledged though.
7) Lack of fan demand even more. She's speculated about but never taken seriously outside of discussions regarding "gaming history".

I just don't see any of those happening but Sephiroth or Geno TBH.
What I would like to see. Not what I think we will see. So in truth, none of what you said really matters to me....

I might as well gone into why I want them

1) 2B offers an amazing and diverse moveset that would be amazing to see included. Ranging from her POD gunner to her weapons. Not to mention a Nier stage like the Amusement Park or Ruined City would be amazing. And the music is simply beautiful. Easily my most favorite.

2) Simple and Clean in Smash is a huge reason for me. Even if it’s a pipe dream. As a longtime Utada Hikaru fan, I would be beyond ecstatic. Plus, Sora has a wide range of moves to draw from that would work well in Smash.

3) Chrono Trigger music is my second most favorite OST of all time. It’s so amazing. And Chrono Trigger Spirit Battles would be fun to see. Especially between Frog and Robo. Plus, it would be interesting to see Chrono using lightning magic plus swords attacks as well as pair up attacks with his game team members.

4) I’m a huge Sephiroth and FF7 fan. Of course, I like many FF games and have played them since the beginning. DQ included. Using the Masamune in Smash would be beyond epic.

5) I’ve played SMRPG many times and have always included Geno on my wishlists. I have made movesets for him since Brawl. Even made a doll of him back when I was as a little kid. My parents threw that out several years ago when they moved but I was planning on giving it to my kids.

6) After 7, 6 is a close second with it tied with X. However, as much as I like Tidus, I would rather see Auron but that would never happen. Since Terra is my second favorite FF protag after Cloud, I chose her. Lightning and Squall are number 3 and 4 respectfully.

7) I added her for the lols she would bring. Just for the lols

And I can’t believe I forgot the Crystal Caravaner from Chrystal Chronicles. I loved that game and still play it. Take out Lara and put in thems

That being said, I don't actually have real qualms with your counter-points aside from the Chrono part. Chrono Trigger is regularly seen as one of the greatest RPG games all of time on many notable lists. It also sold slightly more than the SMRPG initially and the series received a sequel and has ports on the DS, the Virtual Console, PlayStation, iOS, etc. While Chrono certainly doesn’t have the fan demand or the “Smash push” as Geno does, that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not iconic or have enough legacy. I would argue that Chrono Trigger did more for the RPG genre and had/has more of a meaningful legacy in gaming as a whole than SMRPG. I will concede that Geno does have a huge demand from dedicated fans. Chrono is more “oh yeah that would be cool I loved playing that game.” There never really has been a push to include Chrono; even from Chrono Trigger fans.

And the whole Mai situation is different because her sexiness is literally the whole character. This is coming from a Mai main. She took the entire jiggle physics into like...a whole new dimension. Characters like 2B can easily be toned down slightly to make it alright. Her situation is no different than Bayonetta.

I do have one thing to say about Geno lol. If Geno is playable, Sakurai better include the nose part in the Kirby hat instead of just Geno’s Cap.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
What I would like to see. Not what I think we will see. So in truth, none of what you said really matters to me....

That being said, I don't actually have real qualms with your counter-points aside from the Chrono part. Chrono Trigger is regularly seen as one of the greatest RPG games all of time on many notable lists. It also sold slightly more than the SMRPG initially and the series received a sequel and has ports on the DS, the Virtual Console, PlayStation, iOS, etc. While Chrono certainly doesn’t have the fan demand or the “Smash push” as Geno does, that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not iconic or have enough legacy. I would argue that Chrono Trigger did more for the RPG genre and had/has more of a meaningful legacy in gaming as a whole than SMRPG. I will concede that Geno does have a huge demand from dedicated fans. Chrono is more “oh yeah that would be cool I loved playing that game.” There never really has been a push to include Chrono; even from Chrono Trigger fans.

And the whole Mai situation is different because her sexiness is literally the whole character. This is coming from a Mai main. She took the entire jiggle physics into like...a whole new dimension. Characters like 2B can easily be toned down slightly to make it alright.

I do have one thing to say about Geno lol. If Geno is playable, Sakurai better include the nose part in the Kirby hat instead of just Geno’s Cap.
Red Haired Sword Goku's name is Crono and not "Chrono", you uncultured bag of testicles. :ultpiranha:

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

1) 2B
2) Sora
3) Chrono
4) Sephiroth
5) Geno
6) Terra Bradford
7) Lara Croft

No offense, but if any one of these characters other than Sora got in over Geno, it would be an insult to not only us Geno fans but the "Smash Bubble" that many people in here so vigorously hate despite being Smash fans themselves. There has been a precedent set that fans are being listened to and 2B would be about as far away from doing that while still picking a Square character as possible.

I have seen this small wave of 2B support slowly start to rise and I hate to say it, but she really has no chance. This may sound very rude, but I'm looking at this logically. The original Nier was a semi-well received game that was a spin-off of one of the endings of Drakenguard...and the next game in the series got canned in favor of Dragon Quest X. That was in 2010. Suddenly, seven years later they drop a sequel and it focuses on a hot chick that kicks ass and it sells a ton, with a lot of credit due to how heavily promoted it was, though the game stands on it's own merits to be sure. The project planning for Ultimate starting during DLC for Smash 4, which was in 2015, and because many games like ARMS and XC2 came out during Ultimate's development at a point where they were already trying to make it to a deadline for 2018 and Piranha Plant had to be cut from the base roster to make that deadline, they didn't quite make the cut. Automata released earlier than both of these games and has no content in the base game at all unlike ARMS and XC2, so I can understand the base grounds of the idea being solid, but that alone is not enough.

Here are just a few of the things that put 2B in a bad position:

~ As I've mentioned many times over, Geno has way too much going for him. I know people are uncomfortable with saying a character is a lock until they are truly revealed as anything can happen, but out of all the character being talked about who have an actual chance to make it in, oddly enough Geno is in the strongest position out of them all. He has his legacy of Sakurai just missing being able to fit him, the fact that so many longtime fan requests have been knocked out and Sakurai has said he is aiming to tackle more of them, and the lack of his costume returning combined with Square's greed making it heavily unlikely to give more content for less money. So just from the standpoint that Geno is the most likely Square rep, she's already at a huge disadvantage.

~ 2B suffers from being a newer character, which means that the request for her from fans is much smaller than most other characters brought up, like Geno, Shantae, Bandanna Dee, Waluigi, Crash, Dante and so on and so forth. On top of this, while it's not a requirement, Sakurai tends to pick characters that have a gaming legacy of some sort and tends to pick characters from games that have a 10-to-30 year existence. While the original Nier just barely pushes that franchise into the 10-year category, 2B herself and her game are only three years old and the only legacy they have is that they sold well and she is a semi-popular newer character. For the same reason that Fortnite and Apex Legends have no chance, I would apply that to her as well. She just needs more time in the oven and more games and more popularity.

~ Speaking of popularity, every other character on that list you gave with the exception of maybe Crono (looked up Terra, FF6 is pretty rad) tends to have either equal or more popularity than 2B. I would also place Neku in the same ballpark as 2B and Tifa Lockhart somewhere above her. This is general popularity though: as far as Smash demand, I really can't say. I never hear about her at all outside of RogersBase and this thread and I consume a lot of Smash media so I can only assume she is very niche in that aspect as well. Also, sorry RogersBase, but 2B is not iconic and definitely not more so than Lara Croft. You gonna have to hold that L brother.

~ 2B also suffers from being a sexy woman. I've seen her design, and that cleavage gap and her slit skirt would have to go, as well as perhaps some stockings or something to cover her legs and definitely either no upskirt shots or a void under her skirt if need be. Note this is not impossible at all, but Mai was not allowed in as a simple background character due to how much her sexy nature was integral to her design and character. If that is determined to be the same for 2B, where she cannot be in the game unless she is censored but she cannot be censored due to the creator having issues with it or it's too integral to her design, than she can't make it to Smash.

Since this is your personal list, I won't go into it much more than this, but just some final notes on the rest of that list...

~ Sora is a Disney character and can't really be considered a Square character.
~ The odds of getting another Final Fantasy rep is extremely low, as Cloud truly shines despite having little content with him.
~ Unfortunately Lara Croft has kind of lost her position in recent years. I'm not sure of all the reasons why, but it's still happened. I think this hurts her a lot as she really isn't nearly as requested due to this.
~ Crono will likely be a Mii Costume. I just feel it in my bones. I can't wait because I know it will look so badass too.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, I’m not saying I don’t want Geno. I would be happy for him to be in but, as my tastes and preferences in characters and games change, so do the characters I support. Geno was always high on my list but, as time has passed, I have slowly pushed him down and down.

I also find the entire “likeliness” discussion to be tiring and unproductive. I know that constitutes for like more than half of Smash discussion and it’s inevitable that discussion would steer torwards that but my interest has always been focused on discussing “how a character could play”. Like, I would totally scrap my support for 2B and any other SE rep if Geno has a star rating system to time his attacks to to increase their damage as well as a shape shifting transformation play style that we haven’t seen used before.

It recently occurred to me that Geno has more fan demand than Mario ever had for Smash.......Geno might just be more important than Mario 0_0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom