• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I've never really been into Doom, but isn't Cacodemon, like, one of the faces of the franchise? Like, I've still seen him a good bit outside the context of Doom, he's pretty well known so him getting a Mii costume alone isn't crazy by any means.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The issue is that: I don’t care if a person believes in the CacoMallow or not. Its up in the air for me, but still is a possibility. It’s simple, it’s real or not. However, if a person cannot even be open to a possibility, even if it’s small, that it is possible with supportive evidence ... then that person is unreasonable:

Argument: The interview said no doom guy, so no way CacoMallow leak is real.

Counter: interview never said NO content, just not serious talks on DoomGuy. So a Mii costume can be on the table

Argument: WELL, pfft, no way they would approach a company for just a Mii costume!

Counter: umm, assassins creed and indie stuff?

Argument: Bah! But those are mascots the face of the company, never will happen if they are not:

Counter: rabbids came from Rayman, where is he?

Argument: Look! Company will not allow their non mascot character to be used! Even if Sakurai doesn’t want it!

Counter: slime is dragon quests mascot eh? Is he a fighter? From the article his goal was for hero.

That’s where i draw the line of people being unreasonable. You can believe what you want. That’s fine. There are things I don’t think will happen, but never say it’s not possible. If a person brings out a good point, I’ll give them that and say it’s valid. Will it change my mind? Probably not, but I would agree that it adds to the possibility of something that could happen. But out right dismissing other points/counter arguments that lead to POSSIBiLiTY as invalid drives me insane.
Rabbids is more popular then Rayman right now, but I see your point. But yes, you are absolutely right. Cacamallow could be real, I just highly doubt it at this point because I don¨t see any good reason to grab Cacademon as a costume and not Doom Guy if your not gonna make the latter playable concidering the status between the two.. And in case you have not put me on ignore (which I feel that you have with this comment,) y´all can screenshot if you want, but I¨m gonna openly admit I was wrong if it turns out to be real

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've been here. Was semi active on discord and did pick up on some of the more bigger rumors, but for the most part, I took a break regarding speculation for like a month or so. However since a Nintendo Direct with character #6 is inevitably being revealed, I thought it'd be a good time to jump back on here

So in regards to Fighter 6, I absolutely think it could be Crash. I know he'd be an E3 caliber reveal, so it'd make sense to save him for there, however pretty much every character that has been rumored for the 2nd Pass are all E3 level reveals regardless

A double reveal with Geno at E3 would definitely be cool, but there's also no guarantee of a double reveal this time like 2019. If the December 2021 end date is not a placeholder, then just revealing Geno at E3 and no one else is something that I could see happening

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Nah not going to ignore you, that’s only for people who essentially purposely like to stir crap and only want to argue against your wanted character and doesn’t care what you say (Geno thread) which you are not.

People don’t need to agree, but as long as they are open to possibilities (not saying they have to fully agree/believe) it’s fine by me since all sides have good points on things. (Minus disproven things ... like “irrelevant/too big/etc) I don’t mind counter points at all, it’s good to hear and think about it. But being completely shut off to the other side is tiring. Especially for such Geno fans. We’ve heard enough.

For the CacoMallow I’m still like 51/49 for it for all the reasons for it and against it ... but it’s not dead until Smash DLC is done. Plus, Geno’s chances does not live or die by it.

The quality of the Mii costumes still peak my curiosity since I haven’t seen any high quality/looks like from the Smash team themselves yet.

Need the direct to come and get things started for Pass two. If it is the Mustachio Enrique ... that ends the “spirits/at/sm4sh Mii costumes” argument. That’s why I’m rooting for the guy.

... or just have it be Geno and we can be done.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Nah not going to ignore you, that’s only for people who essentially purposely like to stir crap and only want to argue against your wanted character and doesn’t care what you say (Geno thread) which you are not.
The fact that you don¨t qoute my posts makes it look like it.

Plus, Geno’s chances does not live or die by it.
Even though I think the CacaMallow leak is dead, I 100% agree with you on this

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Oh, I didn’t want the post to be longer than it already was. I am getting lazier about reading stuff myself.

Also, for the sake of one last piece of evidence for it ... I don’t play doom, but take a look at this article, and others that support it:

https://doom.fandom.com/wiki/Cacodemon

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH THE THREAD! To celebrate this occasion, I'll do the unthinkable and remind you all that Cacomallow is real.

And if you disagree, well...

cacomallow hands.png

P E R I S H

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Oh, I didn’t want the post to be longer than it already was. I am getting lazier about reading stuff myself.

Also, for the sake of one last piece of evidence for it ... I don’t play doom, but take a look at this article, and others that support it:

https://doom.fandom.com/wiki/Cacodemon
Okay... while I still don¨t get the reason of getting Cacademon over Doomguy personally, I give you this one

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
While we are still mentioning Assassin's Creed and Altair, people have noticed that the song that played during Altair's Mii Costume segment might be an original remix of Ezio's Family. I don't think anyone has found that specific version in any game and people think it might lead to more Ubisoft content because it would seem really weird to have a remix of a very popular AC song play only during a trailer. What do you guys think? I personally think this is very plausible but I'm not going to hype myself a lot.

(I don't wanna derail this thread too much but I'm curious what everyone else thinks, especially the Fat Man himself)

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Welp, about Cacodemon being the Mii Costume chosen for its franchise, I'll just say this: the monsters in Doom are pretty much the stars of the show, they're what players see for most of the game instead of Doomguy himself, and Caco is arguably the most recognizable of the bunch. They could honestly pick the meatball demon over the marine as the costume/hat and I think it'd make perfect sense.

That is of course, assuming Doomguy isn't a fighter and Nintendo only negotiated with Id Software for a costume, which is sadly possible, but doesn't detract from what's most important: CACOMALLOW IS REAL

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Re-read your comment. Yes they did say that it never went any serious

"So we have great people over there but it’s one of those things where it’s like, ‘Wouldn’t it be cool?’ But it’s never gone anywhere serious, so we’ll see."

https://www.techradar.com/news/doomguy-isnt-coming-to-smash-bros-ultimate-at-least-not-yet

So again. Cacamallow is most likely dead.
Agree to disagree. But I respect your opinions.

Also I agree with Malo Mart Malo Mart , and J JarBear , adding the cacodemon wouldn't detract from its representation because the monsters of the franchise represent the game full and well. Plus there isn't anything definitively proving it to be wrong. (And that quote you saw, that I told you about earlier doesn't prove it as so. Just because they said it hasn't gone anywhere serious doesn't mean they can't get a costume. Asking Nintendo, and Nintendos rejection could've led them to a costume rather than a playable fighter.)

Point being, I believe its real, many others do aswell, but again, I respect your opinions.

(But we can all agree on one thing though, that this doesn't detract from Geno's chances and that he's still possible.)

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
So I've been rethinking some stuff since my post earlier today, and decided to look over the Spirit Events again. Looking over everything, pretty much every major Nintendo-Published release since the launch of Smash Ultimate has received some form of Spirit Event/Addition.
  • Super Mario Party : Had 3 Spirits added in a Mario themed event a few weeks after Ultimate launched
  • Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee : Had a Spirit Gift for Partner Pikachu and Partner Eevee at Ultimate's Launch if you had the Save Data
  • New Super Mario Bros U. Deluxe : Peachette Spirit added in an event 4 months after release
  • Labo : Got a Spirit Event
  • Tetris 99 : Got a Spirit Event half a year later
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses : Got a character and a Spirit Board
  • Astral Chain : Had a Spirit Event 4 months after launch
  • Daemon X Machina : Had a Spirit Event at Launch
  • Links Awakening : Had a Spirit Event at E3
  • Dragon Quest XI S : Got a Character, Spirit Board, and a Gift Spirit as well
  • Pokemon Sword and Shield : Had a Spirit Event at launch
Seriously, when you actually look at the list of Nintendo Published games, the only ones that haven't gotten something are Fitness Boxing and Ring Fit Adventure, which are both exercise games, Brain Age, which already has representation through Dr.Kawashima, Super Mario Maker 2, which is a level editor and Mario Maker already has a stage and costume in Smash, and Yoshi's Crafted World, which already got a costume and a Fighter spirit in the base game.

Which just leaves Luigi's Mansion 3 as the odd one out. You can argue about whether Luigi having the Poltergust G-00 in his moveset counts but if anything that just makes it weirder that it would be part of the game but not get anything Spirit wise, theres a bunch of new characters in the game they could work with yet they just didn't do anything with it yet. Spirit Events don't always coincide with the release of the game, but the longer we go without something the weirder it looks. Could they just randomly do an event for it next week? Yea, but I have to concede it's a real possibility that Waluigi COULD happen with this, which I'd be cool with if it didn't leave open the very real possibility in my mind that Geno, Mallow, and Smithy costumes could indeed come with him.
You know... Waluigi did appear (plus his race track Waluigi Pinball) in a Luigi's Mansion event alongside King Boo for Mario Kart Tour.
20200208_150955.png

20200208_151027.png

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
So you are comparing Cacademon, to an actual mascot for a franchise? Sorry, but your argument here does not work.
Remember Rabbids got a costume while Rayman is just a PNG. So their point still stands. Things don't have to (and don't actually) work the way we expect in this DLC cycle.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So something I want to bring up is actually something that's been just kinda been sitting in plain sight for the last year, and it's actually the stage select.

More specifically, that giant hole in the bottom right. I feel like people disregarded the fact that there were 6 extra slots and not 5 because people just assumed that was where the custom stages would go or something, but they didn't.
  • Well that's obviously where the extra stage button is going to be, just like Smash 4!
Most likely yes, but answer this. The Stage Lineup seems pretty much decided by the time of the August Smash Direct, first time we see the full stage select and again, the 6 extra slots. 3 Months Later, November direct, the Pass is announced, 5 DLC Packs which were all planned Pre-Release. If the 5 Fighters were going to be it, then what was supposed to go in that spot in the first place? Clearly they didn't plan on adding in any standalone stages like in 4, they would have been out already. You can argue it was just foolproofing, but did they just plan on leaving an empty spot in the stage select if they decided to leave it at just the Pass?

I've already made it clear before that I think them going up from 5 to 6 characters is a really weird move, as is the idea that they would end the Ultimate Smash game on Byleth of all things. The idea of 6 originally some kind of bonus pass still seems pretty plausible in my mind.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Confidence among insiders was literally one of the "chapters" of my massive Geno essay. That really hasn't changed. Beyond that, we recently learned that Nintendo went to Disney for Sora and Microsoft for possibly Master Chief. Nintendo is going to some pretty ridiculous lengths for potential Season 2 characters. This is also yet another reason I keep beating people over the head with how promotions are pretty much guaranteed to happen. If Nintendo is willing to work with a hardass like Disney and a direct competitor like Microsoft for the sake of the fans, they likely give negative ****s about "complications" with upgrading spirits, costumes, and even assist trophies.
Sorry, I know I said I wouldn’t post here anymore, but there is massive misinformation spreading that even I fell for.

The “source” was a podcast speculating on fighters, not insider information. Notice how they said “I think they went for Sora and Chief”. The alleged vetoing was an idea, not a statement. In fact, most of the guys on the podcast, including even Imran, still think that he could happen.

Sorry everyone, I know I am breaking my vow rn, but I really feel like this should be cleared up, because even I thought that they 100% went for Sora and Chief. And there were also people here celebrating early over what may very likely have been misinfo.

I will not respond to any replies, so I don’t break my agreement even further.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sorry, I know I said I wouldn’t post here anymore, but there is massive misinformation spreading that even I fell for.

The “source” was a podcast speculating on fighters, not insider information. Notice how they said “I think they went for Sora and Chief”. The alleged vetoing was an idea, not a statement. In fact, most of the guys on the podcast, including even Imran, still think that he could happen.

Sorry everyone, I know I am breaking my vow rn, but I really feel like this should be cleared up, because even I thought that they 100% went for Sora and Chief. And there were also a people here celebrating too early, and acting really cocky and arrogant towards fans of Sora over what was very likely misinfo.

I will not respond to any replies, so I don’t break my agreement even further.
We actually already covered this. It's speculation but it's speculation from Imran Khan, an industry professional, so it carries a lot of weight. Point blank: it's an expert opinion and why it's probably true. Again he was the senior editor of Game Informer so he's not like us who gets information after it has passed through multiple channels. He's the kind of guy that gets information directly so there's a lot less ambiguity. Even if it's ultimately a "guess", it's a guess that comes from years of experience and knowledge of the industry. In other words, it's an educated guess from someone who actually knows how these things work and that means a lot.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
We actually already covered this. It's speculation but it's speculation from Imran Khan, an industry professional, so it carries a lot of weight. Point blank: it's an expert opinion and why it's probably true. Again he was the senior editor of Game Informer so he's not like us who gets information after it has passed through multiple channels. He's the kind of guy that gets information directly so there's a lot less ambiguity. Even if it's ultimately a "guess", it's a guess that comes from years of experience and knowledge of the industry. In other words, it's an educated guess from someone who actually knows how these things work and that means a lot.
Tbh like I said he never said they went for Chief. One guy said he thinks they went for Chief and Sora, another guy pops up and asks Kahn if Disney was the problem, Kahn says yes it was Disney Japan specifically and then they all go on to discuss how big a deal both would be. He never had any speculative opinion surrounding Chief ‘potentially being negotiated for’ unless I’m missing something which I’m certain I’m not and it’s a pretty far reach to suggest that his sources were told that Chief was potentially negotiated for when he said nothing of a kind

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Tbh like I said he never said they went for Chief. One guy said he thinks they went for Chief and Sora, another guy pops up and asks Kahn if Disney was the problem, Kahn says yes it was Disney Japan specifically and then they all go on to discuss how big a deal both would be. He never had any speculative opinion surrounding Chief ‘potentially being negotiated for’ unless I’m missing something which I’m certain I’m not and it’s a pretty far reach to suggest that his sources were told that Chief was potentially negotiated for when he said nothing of a kind
I talked about this too yesterday. We don't know why Nintendo recently met up with Microsoft but Smash isn't a terrible guess. It was pretty public that Nintendo met with Microsoft after E3 2018 and, lo and behold, it really was about Banjo in the Smash, recently confirmed by Microsoft itself, in the end. This happening again would not surprise me.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I talked about this too yesterday. We don't know why Nintendo recently met up with Microsoft but Smash isn't a terrible guess. It was pretty public that Nintendo met with Microsoft after E3 2018 and, lo and behold, it really was about Banjo in the Smash, recently confirmed by Microsoft itself, in the end. This happening again would not surprise me.
Aside from trying to get Banjo and Kazooie We don’t even know Nintendo met with Microsoft though that’s part of the point. The only thing Kahn suggested was that Nintendo attempted to negotiate for Sora. You may be muddling up Imran with the guy sat on the left end who said he thinks Nintendo attempted to get Chief and Sora. Imran Kahn was the third guy who deconfirmed Sora and then went on to discuss why Chief would be a big reveal. The only guy in the podcast who should have any attention paid to him, Kahn, never suggested Chief was negotiated for. The first guy did. What the first guy said would be the equivalent of me saying I think Chief was negotiated for aka it’s just the voice of some other dude on the internet

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We don’t even know Nintendo met with Microsoft though that’s part of the point. The only thing Kahn suggested was that Nintendo attempted to negotiate for Sora. You may be muddling up Imran with the guy sat on the left end who said he thinks Nintendo attempted to get Chief and Sora. Imran Kahn was the third guy who deconfirmed Sora and then went on to discuss why Chief would be a big reveal. The only guy in the podcast who should have any attention paid to him, Kahn, never suggested Chief was negotiated for. The first guy did. What the first guy said would be the equivalent of me saying I think Chief was negotiated for aka it’s just the voice of some other dude on the internet
Alright, I'll compromise on this. Based on what I know, I think this meeting actually happened, perhaps as early as November 2019. This guy may be spitballing but, from what I've heard, Nintendo probably did meet with Microsoft again regarding Smash and, if this is true, that reveal will be 10 or 11 and probably no earlier than the 2020 VGAs. I'll just leave it at that. Again, even if this guy is speaking hypothetically, there are bits and pieces out there that suggest this actually happened.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'll compromise on this. Based on what I know, I think this meeting actually happened, perhaps as early as November 2019. This guy may be spitballing but, from what I've heard, Nintendo probably did meet with Microsoft again regarding Smash and, if this is true, that reveal will be 10 or 11 and probably no earlier than the 2020 VGAs. I'll just leave it at that. Again, even if this guy is speaking hypothetically, there are bits and pieces out there that suggest this actually happened.
Cool. I just didn’t really agree with using Kahn as evidence when he never said anything about Chief being in smash aside from speculation

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Banjo-Kazooie got leaked in those Xbox centric podcast around december 2018, so I think that if Master Chief is coming, he will be inevitable leaked. Evenmore, I think that any new western third party character will be leaked easily, specially if its from Ubisoft xD. Lots of journalists have sources at western companies.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Banjo-Kazooie got leaked in those Xbox centric podcast around december 2018, so I think that if Master Chief is coming, he will be inevitable leaked. Evenmore, I think that any new western third party character will be leaked easily, specially if its from Ubisoft xD.
Sauce pod?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So something I want to bring up is actually something that's been just kinda been sitting in plain sight for the last year, and it's actually the stage select.

More specifically, that giant hole in the bottom right. I feel like people disregarded the fact that there were 6 extra slots and not 5 because people just assumed that was where the custom stages would go or something, but they didn't.
  • Well that's obviously where the extra stage button is going to be, just like Smash 4!
Most likely yes, but answer this. The Stage Lineup seems pretty much decided by the time of the August Smash Direct, first time we see the full stage select and again, the 6 extra slots. 3 Months Later, November direct, the Pass is announced, 5 DLC Packs which were all planned Pre-Release. If the 5 Fighters were going to be it, then what was supposed to go in that spot in the first place? Clearly they didn't plan on adding in any standalone stages like in 4, they would have been out already. You can argue it was just foolproofing, but did they just plan on leaving an empty spot in the stage select if they decided to leave it at just the Pass?

I've already made it clear before that I think them going up from 5 to 6 characters is a really weird move, as is the idea that they would end the Ultimate Smash game on Byleth of all things. The idea of 6 originally some kind of bonus pass still seems pretty plausible in my mind.
I know me and you have butted heads on this topic but I've talked about this in the past. Amongst insiders, "6" was a bonus for the longest time, quite literally until Sakurai said it would be a full pass. One of my guys predicted this but still has no clue who 6 is supposed to be because he heard all the Fire Emblem stuff for it: a TH stage and spirit board, 4 TH Mii costumes, Hollow Knight, and Kris from Deltarune. Obviously, parts of this were wrong. TH stage and spirit board were true, Mii costumes are MIA, and Byleth was playable instead of a Mii costume.

Based on this, I developed my own theory that 6 was originally going to be Ultimate's "Mewtwo." In Smash 4, Mewtwo was originally going to be the only DLC and basically a free gift to the fans as a "thank you" to the fans. My theory is that Nintendo saw the runaway sales numbers for Smash 4 3DS and was like "holy ****... This game prints money..." and then okayed more DLC by the 50 Fact Extravaganza in October 2014. I honestly think this happened again with Smash Ultimate. They knew it was going to sell well but I think many-a-pants were filled when the first sales numbers came out. Again, this is why I think Season 2 was pitched as early as December 2018 and why we got the 16 dummy slots by January 2019.

My theory is that the DLC was originally going to be the Fighter's Pass until sales expectations were completely blown out of the water. This is why I think this is part of why nailing down 6 has been so hard for insiders. 6 was probably a bonus character that then turned into a bonus pack and then ultimately a bonus pass. I know some people have been like "Fatman, STFU..." but I genuinely believe that several bonus characters were already in mind by the time Ultimate's base game came out. This may explain why insiders have been hearing a number of character names since 2018. My theory is that these characters will not only be in Season 2 but will likely be 6 and 7 at the very least.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I know me and you have butted heads on this topic but I've talked about this in the past. Amongst insiders, "6" was a bonus for the longest time, quite literally until Sakurai said it would be a full pass. One of my guys predicted this but still has no clue who 6 is supposed to be because he heard all the Fire Emblem stuff for it: a TH stage and spirit board, 4 TH Mii costumes, Hollow Knight, and Kris from Deltarune. Obviously, parts of this were wrong. TH stage and spirit board were true, Mii costumes are MIA, and Byleth was playable instead of a Mii costume.

Based on this, I developed my own theory that 6 was originally going to be Ultimate's "Mewtwo." In Smash 4, Mewtwo was originally going to be the only DLC and basically a free gift to the fans as a "thank you" to the fans. My theory is that Nintendo saw the runaway sales numbers for Smash 4 3DS and was like "holy ****... This game prints money..." and then okayed more DLC by the 50 Fact Extravaganza in October 2014. I honestly think this happened again with Smash Ultimate. They knew it was going to sell well but I think many-a-pants were filled when the first sales numbers came out. Again, this is why I think Season 2 was pitched as early as December 2018 and why we got the 16 dummy slots by January 2019.

My theory is that the DLC was originally going to be the Fighter's Pass until sales expectations were completely blown out of the water. This is why I think this is part of why nailing down 6 has been so hard for insiders. 6 was probably a bonus character that then turned into a bonus pack and then ultimately a bonus pass. I know some people have been like "Fatman, STFU..." but I genuinely believe that several bonus characters were already in mind by the time Ultimate's base game came out. This may explain why insiders have been hearing a number of character names since 2018. My theory is that these characters will not only be in Season 2 but will likely be 6 and 7 at the very least.
I think I was a little harsh yesterday, sorry about that. I guess my thing with not buying Waluigi being six is that something about it feels off to me and I don't really get why. There's alot of weird circumstantial stuff surrounding him and 6 in general and it's the one spot I can actually see him showing up, but I also felt the same about certain other characters before. I just feel like there's some weird piece of this that's being overlooked and I don't know what it is.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Alright, here's part 2 of my complete list of all the Geno/Mallow/Super Mario RPG cameos in @TerminalMontage 's "Something About" series. This post is comprised of all of the videos for Season 2, with timestamps and accompanying images. So, without further ado, here's the tally for Season 2!
-= Season 2 =-

Something About Smash Bros WORLD OF LIGHT ANIMATED
- Geno cameo at 1:48, when Galeem spits up the second cluster of Spirits, Geno's Spirit can be seen being spat out.
View attachment 261410
- SMRPG cameo at 1:57, when Kirby and Mario are fighting the Spirit of Psy, the area around them becomes a forest battle screen from the game.
View attachment 261411
- Mallow cameo at 2:52, when Kirby and cohorts reach the Candyland game board, Mallow's Spirit can be seen floating off to the right.
View attachment 261412
- SMRPG cameo at 3:25, a spirit of Booster, one of the bosses from the game, appears in the left-hand corner of the screen.
View attachment 261413
- SMRPG cameo at 3:44, when Mario leaps into Bowser, the battle transition effect and sound from the game are used.
View attachment 261416
- SMRPG cameo at 5:12, a mashup of "Tunak Tunak Tun" and "Fight Against Bowser" plays during this segment.
View attachment 261417
- Geno cameo at 5:20, the Geno Spirit crashes into the ship, leading to the initial defeat of Galeem.
View attachment 261418
- SMRPG cameo at 5:27, the scene where Kirby and his cohorts smash through a crack in reality and fall through the PS2 boot up sequence is reminiscent of the scene where Mario and cohorts fall into The Factory after their fight with Exor.
View attachment 261419

Something About Donkey Kong Country ANIMATED
- Geno cameo at 1:44, Geno can be seen sitting behind the first pole and the blue Kritter.
View attachment 261420

Something About Star Fox 64 ANIMATED
- Geno cameo at 2:15, when Peppy is reloading his browser, Geno briefly pops up in his place after the third refresh.
View attachment 261421
- SMRPG cameo at 3:22, when Falco is hurdling towards a stack of metal crates after being knocked away, the Red Axem Ranger (or a manmade replica) and Gunyolk can be seen in the background to the right.
View attachment 261422
- SMRPG cameo at 3:29, when Fox shoots the lever to switch the train tracks, the factory in the background begins speeding towards him. Smithy can be seen in the back where the factory had stood.
View attachment 261423

Something About Monster Hunter World ANIMATED
- No Geno cameo.

Vaporwave Dimension | LÜNE - Rêve Lucide
- No Geno cameo, but plenty of vaporwave. B^)

Legendary & Mythical Pokemon Battle Royale ANIMATED
- No Geno cameo.

Something About Zelda Breath of the Wild ANIMATED SPEEDRUN
- Geno cameo at 3:14, when Link is dashing through the dining room, you can see Geno sitting just to the right of the torn up Yuga painting.
View attachment 261424

Something About Super Mario World ANIMATED
- SMRPG cameo at 0:58, once Mario enters the Star Road, in the bottom left corner of the screen, the Royal Bus can be seen flying around.
View attachment 261425
- Geno cameo at 1:00, as Mario is running through the Star Road, Geno flys past him in his star spirit form. Upon spotting him, Geno asks Mario what he's doing here and states that he shouldn't be here. Geno then watches in horror as Mario knocks the warp to Bowser off the Star Road and directly into Bowser's Coney Island Disco Palace Castle.
View attachment 261426

Speedrunner Mario VS Melee Fox - 1M Subscriber Special! - SOMETHING VERSUS
- No Geno cameos.

Something About Kirby's Adventure
- Geno cameo at 0:38, while everyone is screaming and running around, Geno runs in from far into the background to the left.
View attachment 261428
- SMRPG cameo at 1:47, as the buildings of Butter Building are falling, the Royal Bus floats in from the top left corner.
View attachment 261429

Something About The Typing of the Dead ANIMATED
- Geno cameo at 0:26, one of the sentences James and Gary have to type out to kill a zombie is "Geno for smash".
View attachment 261430

Baby Pokemon Battle Royale ANIMATED
- Geno cameo at 1:36, as Munchlax is following the line of small, persumably digestable objects, one of them is shown to be Geno.
View attachment 261431
- Mallow cameo at 2:11, when the storm clouds are made as a result of Elekid and Pichu's combined electricity, Mallow can be seen in the top right part of the screen.
View attachment 261432

Something About COPPA
- Nothing.

Season Total
9 Geno cameos
2 Mallow cameos
9 SMRPG cameos

Total
17 Geno cameos
3 Mallow cameos
9 SMRPG cameos
If I've missed any cameos from these videos, feel free to let me know.
The search continues...
In Something About World of Light, Geno and Goku can also be seen behind DK after he fell of the cliff at 0:24.
genoku.JPG

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Like I've been saying since, well, forever, Ryu, Waluigi, Lloyd, and Geno are the four characters that have been prominently heard by insiders since 2018. Now that Byleth has happened, it definitely raises a lot of eyebrows. As you all know, Tecmo helped develop Three Houses and Sakurai himself confirmed that the last character of the Fighter's Pass was locked in November 2018. Ryu first entered the conversation in about December 2018. Waluigi was November, Lloyd was about September, and Geno was August. This is part of why I've had strong confidence in these characters for most of Ultimate.

My theory is that Waluigi, Geno, and Lloyd were always were in consideration for "bonus" characters even before Season 2 was decided. Like I've proposed in the past, these three have an eerie similarity to Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy in Smash 4. As soon as Nintendo said "we're doing this ****", Sakurai probably already had these three in mind if not for bonus DLC but a hypothetical "Smash 6." All three have longevity in the Smash fanbase and all have assets going back to at least Smash 4. Sakurai has already worked with all three characters in relation to Smash so, like Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy there is literal past precedent to work with them first.

Now, another topic people hate me talking about... I do think the original plan was to have ONE bonus character after the Fighter's Pass... And it was probably Waluigi, in my opinion. First party. Highly demanded. An assist trophy so probably fairly easy to work with. Wouldn't require negotiations. Again, I know the idea makes some people want to projectile vomit but I think Waluigi was Ultimate's Mewtwo until Season 2 was pitched. On that note, this is yet another reason why I keep telling people not to fret about Geno. Geno's fine, especially if the prospect of Geno being a bonus character was entertained even before Ultimate was released. Again, Geno's name was heard by insiders before K. Rool was confirmed. Yes, Geno missed out on the base game and the Fighter's Pass but the costume is still MIA so, Murphy's Law aside...

GenoRunin.gif

He's a comin'.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Like I've been saying since, well, forever, Ryu, Waluigi, Lloyd, and Geno are the four characters that have been prominently heard by insiders since 2018. Now that Byleth has happened, it definitely raises a lot of eyebrows. As you all know, Tecmo helped develop Three Houses and Sakurai himself confirmed that the last character of the Fighter's Pass was locked in November 2018. Ryu first entered the conversation in about December 2018. Waluigi was November, Lloyd was about September, and Geno was August. This is part of why I've had strong confidence in these characters for most of Ultimate.

My theory is that Waluigi, Geno, and Lloyd were always were in consideration for "bonus" characters even before Season 2 was decided. Like I've proposed in the past, these three have an eerie similarity to Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy in Smash 4. As soon as Nintendo said "we're doing this ****", Sakurai probably already had these three in mind if not for bonus DLC but a hypothetical "Smash 6." All three have longevity in the Smash fanbase and all have assets going back to at least Smash 4. Sakurai has already worked with all three characters in relation to Smash so, like Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy there is literal past precedent to work with them first.

Now, another topic people hate me talking about... I do think the original plan was to have ONE bonus character after the Fighter's Pass... And it was probably Waluigi, in my opinion. First party. Highly demanded. An assist trophy so probably fairly easy to work with. Wouldn't require negotiations. Again, I know the idea makes some people want to projectile vomit but I think Waluigi was Ultimate's Mewtwo until Season 2 was pitched. On that note, this is yet another reason why I keep telling people not to fret about Geno. Geno's fine, especially if the prospect of Geno being a bonus character was entertained even before Ultimate was released. Again, Geno's name was heard by insiders before K. Rool was confirmed. Yes, Geno missed out on the base game and the Fighter's Pass but the costume is still MIA so, Murphy's Law aside...

View attachment 261535

He's a comin'.
I Don't mean to be that guy, But I have to ask

I'm going to guess by your tone of Ryu and Koei working with Nintendo on Byleth, and the fact that you only really talk about Lloyd, Geno, and Waluigi, plus that you have said in the past that you were told Ryu is dead in the water, that perhaps Ryu was a Smoke Screen for Byleth

My thing is now how do we know that Lloyd, Geno, and Waluigi aren't also Smokescreens as well. you did say Geno started to be heard around august, but wasn't that also around the time of the Square character being in, and the whole 7 Square name thing, which turned into Hero. Apparently Geno's name is still being thrown around though so I'm not really worried about Geno and still think he's getting in

With Lloyd, Isn't Namco known for being masters at preventing leaks, and especially with them being so close to Nintendo, we can't throw out the possibility that they are throwing names out there to prevent the true character getting out. not to say Lloyd is not the character if Namco does get a character, but still

Waluigi. I know that Paragon did get that NDA (Though i don't know if it was for the Smash e3 reveals + BOTW2, The Undertale content, Waluigi, or combnation. ), and I Also know that Waluigi is an Assist trophy, so it could be seen as weird for even needing leakbait, but not only do people still predict Waluigi in spite of him being an assist (the Only Assist that gets speculated), but Nintendo probably just doesn't like their stuff to be leaked anyway. Nintendo was adament about Hiding Byleth, and I think Waluigi being in the game would be a bigger bombshell given his position.

I

D

Deleted member

I Don't mean to be that guy, But I have to ask

I'm going to guess by your tone of Ryu and Koei working with Nintendo on Byleth, and the fact that you only really talk about Lloyd, Geno, and Waluigi, plus that you have said in the past that you were told Ryu is dead in the water, that perhaps Ryu was a Smoke Screen for Byleth

My thing is now how do we know that Lloyd, Geno, and Waluigi aren't also Smokescreens as well. you did say Geno started to be heard around august, but wasn't that also around the time of the Square character being in, and the whole 7 Square name thing, which turned into Hero. Apparently Geno's name is still being thrown around though so I'm not really worried about Geno and still think he's getting in

With Lloyd, Isn't Namco known for being masters at preventing leaks, and especially with them being so close to Nintendo, we can't throw out the possibility that they are throwing names out there to prevent the true character getting out. not to say Lloyd is not the character if Namco does get a character, but still

Waluigi. I know that Paragon did get that NDA (Though i don't know if it was for the Smash e3 reveals + BOTW2, The Undertale content, Waluigi, or combnation. ), and I Also know that Waluigi is an Assist trophy, so it could be seen as weird for even needing leakbait, but not only do people still predict Waluigi in spite of him being an assist (the Only Assist that gets speculated), but Nintendo probably just doesn't like their stuff to be leaked anyway. Nintendo was adament about Hiding Byleth, and I think Waluigi being in the game would be a bigger bombshell given his position.

I
I do find it weird that Byleth was kept a much bigger secret than Waluigi but instead he was on insider circles. Waluigi would be a much bigger surprise. And Namco does give out leakbait like the Tekken team did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I do find it weird that Byleth was kept a much bigger secret than Waluigi but instead he was on insider circles. Waluigi would be a much bigger surprise. And Namco does give out leakbait like the Tekken team did.
The most secret character so far and it's by far the one the most people disliked. It's great irony is what it is.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
7NATOR 7NATOR My thing on Waluigi is that Waluigi is pretty unbelievable on his own. Like I said I believe last week, of the 6 characters I'm currently predicting, Waluigi has the least amount of confidence among insiders by a long shot. More insiders entertain the idea of Master Chief than Waluigi and that's saying a lot. This topic has definitely bled over to Geno and Lloyd but insiders are human too and come with their own biases. Again, Geno was regularly dismissed by insiders until the Mii costume was MIA and brought with it a banquet worth of humble pie. People heard Terry but dismissed him because they personally didn't expect him. As the record shows, I dismissed Hero for a variety of reasons. Pretty much everyone dismissed Byleth for obvious reasons. There are a ton of examples of this and we often trip over our own feet. Steve proceeding Banjo was "logical" until it wasn't. Waluigi is not "logical" under the more popular frames of analysis that Smash speculators typically use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom