• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
I really don't want to try and put down fans of the other Square characters (or as I like to call them "Squaracters") but I feel as though all the others have bigger road blocks than Geno to getting in.

Sora: Disney association, even if Disney is very easy to work with regarding licensing, I don't think Sakurai and the gang are gonna want to put a bunch of Disney characters in the game in any way, shape or form. Sora's got a Mikey Mouse keychain on his damn key for God's sake! The two are kinda inseparable. Not to mention, I feel as though Sakurai's call out about Twitter users was a direct jab at Sora fans seeing as how that incident was only a month prior to the video's recording, which doesn't help Sora too much.

2B: CERO wouldn't even let Mai in as a background character, like hell they're going to allow 2B in this as a fully playable character. I get Bayonetta can be rather suggestive too, but a good deal of it comes from her shrinking clothes when she uses her hair attacks, which obviously isn't present in Smash.

Crono: Chrono Trigger's main claim to fame was SNES game released in 1995 and has not had a title since 1999 (over 2 decades). Now, I know that's rich coming from someone on the Geno thread, but that puts him on the same footing as Geno at best. But then you have to remember that, even though
Crono has had a decent sized fanbase for a while, it's never been as large or widely recognized as Geno's. I know that I'm not measuring this scientifically, but who was the one who got a Mii Costume in Smash? I just don't see why they'd add a character from the less requested dormant Square franchise instead of the more requested one.

Lara Croft: I feel like she suffers many of the same issues as 2B, one of her big claims to fame back in the PS1 Era was having massive, blocky boobs. Not to mention Tomb Raider's hay day (again, rich coming from me, I know) was still, like, 2 decades ago. She has a leg up on Crono though because she has had games released in this millennium (one even in 2018, apparently) but her Smash support has been limited at best. I get some people want her, but she's a name that comes up only so much. Not to mention it was only acquired by Square in 2010 and was primarily a western character, which makes things more difficult.

Sephiroth (or any other FF character really): They've never double dipped in the same third party franchise besides echoes, so I don't see it happening. While it's technically a fan rule, I don't see them doing it unless the character has significant support or is a shill pick. After Cloud, there's been little to no support for any other FF characters getting in (at least from what I can tell). It just doesn't make sense to add a second FF character after Cloud.

These are the only Squaracters I see brought up often and why I don't think any of em have much of a shot. Which only makes Geno's Mii Costume missing more curious as if not with another Squarachter, then who?
I wanted to do something similar, but I didn't have the guts. Props to you! I feel as though all of Geno's fellow "Squaracters" (hehe) have a couple blockades in their way, which isn't a bad thing cause it would be all the more impressive if they got in.

For me, I don't think Sora would feel the same without Disney association. That's the entire point of the franchise, I think. Though, I don't play Kingdom Hearts, so maybe I'm missing something.

If you put Chrono next to Hero, would their models have the exact same art style in Smash? I dunno, it's another Square Enix swordsman, but I'd be down if it made the fans happy.

2B could work, but they'd probably have to censor them quite a bit like they did with Female Corrin.

Lara, to me, seems too human. I get that Snake is also very human, but he's got military grade equipment to reinforce his moveset. Lara just seems too grounded in reality to me, she's got like, pistols, a bow, and an icepick? (I haven't seen much of this character, I'm sorry!)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Given you're the patron saint of Chrom, I hate to do this but:

"Following the unexpected success of Fire Emblem Awakening for the Nintendo 3DS—which helped save the series from cancellation after flagging sales of earlier entries—the Fire Emblem series gained renewed commercial value and prompted developer Intelligent Systems and publisher Nintendo to bring the series back to home consoles for the first time since Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn in 2007.[10] Concept development for Three Houses began in 2015 following the completion of Fire Emblem Fates for the 3DS.[11] The team originally planned for Three Houses to be another 3DS title. This was scrapped when production began on Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, resulting in Three Houses being briefly put on hold.[11][9] When the team learned of the Nintendo Switch, they decided to make the game for home consoles.[11] "
Resident Evil, known in Japan as Biohazard,[a] is a Japanese horror media franchise created by Shinji Mikami and Tokuro Fujiwara,[1][2] and owned by the video game company Capcom. The franchise focuses on a series of survival horror games and includes live-action films, animated films, comic books, novels, audio dramas, and merchandise. The story follows outbreaks of zombies and other monsters created mainly by the Umbrella Corporation.

----

This theory makes no sense. We have confirmation that Hero was meant for base until Sugiyama decided to do his thing. We have confirmation that Plant was scrubbed from the game's files and was meant for base but pushed to be free for a limited time DLC to allow it to be finished. We have zero - zero - evidence that Three Houses was anywhere close to presentable or even in the true project planning stages in time for base. This is ****ing ridiculous.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
We have K.Rool, Bellmont's, Ridley, Banjo, on top of having everyone back. I can understand the disappointment of another Fire Emblem character (speaking as someone that is hyped to try Byleth out). I really do. But acting as he doesn¨t put his blood sweat and tears into this game is just wrong
It's a joke tweet. Though I've seen some people say that and they're dead wrong because of exactly what you just said.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
ah yeah, my DLC rating...forgot about that.

Joker = B

Hero = A-

Banjo = B

Terry = A-

Byleth = D-

I had no previous attachment to Joker, but I think he's fun and his stage and music are great. Hero is very fun and got me to finally try out Dragon Quest 11 which I really enjoy. Banjo was the most hype for me and while he's the least interesting character to play in my opinion, the fact that he got in at all is quite something. And again, stage and music are very good. Terry is very fun to play as, his stage is now one of my favorites, and holy c**p 50 songs?! That is absolute bonkers! I will never get over that. SNK is so generous. And finally........Byleth. I'm still a little bit salty they ended on a Fire Emblem character, but at least he looks fun and the stage looks great.

Overall Fighters pass satisfaction - 7.5/10 or B

Honestly, the only character I had any previous attachment to was Banjo and even then I only played a little bit of his game. Here's hoping that Fighters Pass 2 will have more characters I have a strong attachment to. If I could just get Geno and somebody like Doomguy or Crash, I would be very happy with that alone.

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Has this been brought up in regards for a potential general direct this month?

https://store.nintendo.com/super-nintendo-entertainment-system-controller.html

This item is currently unavailable. Please check back for more news in January 2020.

We still haven't heard any news about this coming back in stock. Sure, it won't necessarily be in a direct, but it could be in one along with say, some more SNES game announcements.

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
For the sake of reference, here's all the fun theories I've heard in the last *checks calendar* two days...

Main theory: Blythe wasn't supposed to be 5.

Path One: Blythe was supposed to be in the base game but was delayed because Three Houses was delayed.

-Blythe became 5 and the original 5 was made into 6.

-Paraleak: Waluigi was originally 5.

-Shiftybrew: Ryu was originally 5.

-The character not 6 was potentially leakbait or misinformation for Blythe. (Both Ryu and Waluigi can't be real according to this path.)

Path Two: Blythe was a late addition and replaced the original 5.

-Character 5 got cut for some odd reason.

-Character 5 was supposed to be Ryu or Waluigi. (Either is totally gone now.)

Common rumor: a couple of confidants have been told by their own sources that 6 can be described as "Dante or a Dante like character." Given the sheer amount of bamboozlery with Byleth, not sure how this would be known to this degree but I'm making note of it anyways.
Path 2 seems most likely. Even without the delay, Three Houses released in 2018. If 2017 games were cut out from the base roster because they were too late, why would Fire Emblem get something even better than the Pokémon treatment which was a slot reserved for a 2016 game?
Edit: Answered already, didn’t remember that Fates came in 2015 for Japan, but it’s still weird when other games couldn’t get the same treatment.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Given you're the patron saint of Chrom, I hate to do this but:

"Following the unexpected success of Fire Emblem Awakening for the Nintendo 3DS—which helped save the series from cancellation after flagging sales of earlier entries—the Fire Emblem series gained renewed commercial value and prompted developer Intelligent Systems and publisher Nintendo to bring the series back to home consoles for the first time since Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn in 2007.[10] Concept development for Three Houses began in 2015 following the completion of Fire Emblem Fates for the 3DS.[11] The team originally planned for Three Houses to be another 3DS title. This was scrapped when production began on Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, resulting in Three Houses being briefly put on hold.[11][9] When the team learned of the Nintendo Switch, they decided to make the game for home consoles.[11] "
I get where you're coming from, but at the same time, I think there's a major difference between conceptual development and full-on development. I couldn't see Sakurai going for something so far out at that point, especially considering Shadows of Valentia itself, which would've been further along and easier to pull content from, got almost nothing in Ultimate. Just four ported songs, and the fewest amount of spirits of any mainline Fire Emblem game (with only the evolving spirit of Child Alm and Celica, and Alm and Celica...and the Whitewings spirit, but it's grouped with Archanea for understandable reasons).

I just can't go under the assumption that Byleth was meant for base as a result. Regardless, since this strays a bit from Geno, I'll stop now.

D

Deleted member

Resident Evil, known in Japan as Biohazard,[a] is a Japanese horror media franchise created by Shinji Mikami and Tokuro Fujiwara,[1][2] and owned by the video game company Capcom. The franchise focuses on a series of survival horror games and includes live-action films, animated films, comic books, novels, audio dramas, and merchandise. The story follows outbreaks of zombies and other monsters created mainly by the Umbrella Corporation.

----

This theory makes no sense. We have confirmation that Hero was meant for base until Sugiyama decided to do his thing. We have confirmation that Plant was scrubbed from the game's files and was meant for base but pushed to be free for a limited time DLC to allow it to be finished. We have zero - zero - evidence that Three Houses was anywhere close to presentable or even in the true project planning stages in time for base. This is ****ing ridiculous.
Um, curious, what does Resident Evil have to do with anything?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Quick question, When was Pokemon Sun and Moon in development? I understand the games were announced around Feb 2016 (Or leaked) But when did they start? 2015?

Personally do not believe the Byleth stuff, but I do not mind feeding the fire.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I dunno. Another possibility is that that maybe Byleth himself wasn't planned for the base roster but "obligatory newest Fire Emblem character" was ala "obligatory newest Pokemon character." Sakurai has said himself that he reserves spots for these two things with each game and has since Melee, even noting that some like Greninja and Inceniroar were nothing but concept art when he first saw them:

Melee- Pichu, Roy
Brawl- Lucario, Ike
Smash 4- Greninja, Robin
Ultimate- Incineroar, Byleth

Cgn0h8FU0AEIaDu.jpg

Dear Diary: I was wrong on the internet this week and unironically shilled Bethesda because I ignored the most consistent character addition patterns for the past 20 years. I will soon take my own life by posting this theory online, simply stand outside my apartment, and wait to naturally be clubbed to death. Goodbye cruel world...

D

Deleted member

I normally take weekends off from this madhouse but I guess I don't have much else to do today, so I want to throw my two cents in on Ryu/Byleth wasn't #5 theory.

First, the development cycle of Three Houses is somewhat suspect, I'll grant that. The fact that it began in 2015, virtually alongside Smash Ultimate does mean quite a bit. I think if nothing else, Sakurai has proven he'll like a character on paper and start planning to put them into Smash before they've been so much as implemented into their home game with Greninja. However, to go back and beat the abused corpse of Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the planning for that game began in 2014. Byleth would have been just as tasteful an inclusion as Roy for the base roster, but what gets me is that we have no proof that any character aside from Piranha Plant that was meant for the base roster has ever been included as part of DLC, and often are scrapped entirely. Furthermore, if Byleth was actually planned for base and didn't make it, why not offer them up as a bonus character as well?

I think this idea that Byleth wasn't supposed to be #5 is, for lack of a better word, a coping mechanism - I know it sucks to believe that Nintendo, after seeing the reactions to Corrin and after Sakurai's interview saying he was basically forced to add Corrin in, that they would willingly add yet another Fire Emblem character, but that's the nature of it. Nintendo absolutely demands for this underwhelming franchise to be pushed and the best way they know to do it is through Smash.

Now, Ryu... It's gonna take a lot of doing to convince me that Shifty/Brew Elfin are legitimate. Honestly, after Deconfirmation Fest 2019, it'll take a lot to convince me any leaker is legitimate aside from general stuff like direct countdown man over on resetera, but let's assume for a moment that Shifty/Brew Dream Team and even other major players did actually hear Ryu Hayabusa, especially as Fighter #5. Remember way back when I said that Ryu Hayabusa is probably leakbait? And people said that didn't make sense, because Koei Tecmo wouldn't allow their character to be used as leakbait to cover for another company's IP, regardless of the fact they have spirits and an assist trophy in the game?

Yeah... Koei Tecmo co-developed Three Houses. I can't think of much better irony than to believe that Ryu Hayabusa was leakbait for generic Fire Emblem man #8

I'm not even going to bother trying to figure out what the Resident Evil stuff was about, but do you mind giving me the "confirmation" Hero was meant for base game? I would love a source.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I get where you're coming from, but at the same time, I think there's a major difference between conceptual development and full-on development. I couldn't see Sakurai going for something so far out at that point, especially considering Shadows of Valentia itself, which would've been further along and easier to pull content from, got almost nothing in Ultimate. Just four ported songs, and the fewest amount of spirits of any mainline Fire Emblem game (with only the evolving spirit of Child Alm and Celica, and Alm and Celica...and the Whitewings spirit, but it's grouped with Archanea for understandable reasons).

I just can't go under the assumption that Byleth was meant for base as a result. Regardless, since this strays a bit from Geno, I'll stop now.
Yeah, at best I could see "TH started conceptual planning in 2015, and the main character from that game was decided to be a character in Smash Ultimate. Since development of TH did not go so smoothly they eventually made Byleth DLC for Smash back in 2017."

But the theory that Byleth stole the spotlight from Waluigi, or Ryu; is outright ludicrous. People just don't want to believe that Sakurai ended the Pass on Byleth.

Byleth was always meant to be a part of the Pass. There were no swaps or any other conspiracy involved.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
We have K.Rool, Bellmont's, Ridley, Banjo, on top of having everyone back. I can understand the disappointment of another Fire Emblem character (speaking as someone that is hyped to try Byleth out). I really do. But acting as he doesn¨t put his blood sweat and tears into this game is just wrong
That's true. To add to your point (but not directed towards you), people being disappointed in a pick doesn't mean it invalidates their happiness at the previous picks. I've seen many people jump to counter people disappointed in this one pick, reprimanding them and using the other characters present almost as a means to invalidate their displeasure. 'He's added so many great characters! How dare you be ungrateful and not immediately love the latest character!' This applies to any new character, not just the current hot topic. I'm not a fan of guilt trips to downplay or smother criticism, even minor ones of just disliking a choice. Also, none of this is to you, just building off your statement.

It's funny. Seeing people accuse others of forgetting the characters picks from before when they currently voice disappointment while at the same time forgetting that how excited and overjoyed the accused were at the previous picks.

'Ugh, THIS character?'
'What is the matter with you!? Did you forget how he added characters X, Y and Z?! That was amazing! Why are you ignoring all his hard work!? Did it just take one character for you to forget!?'
'Actually, I adore the other characters and praised him for it. Apparently, YOU forgot how people reacted, and it just took you one character to forget how they cheered.'

If Geno gets in, I'm not going to go after people disliking him by guilting them with 'Hey, Banjo!' or 'Hey, Snake!' so they lay off Geno. I'll be like 'You don't like Geno? Oh, ok.'

It's like after Terry: throwing a tantrum over a character is dumb, but no one is required to love an addition by default.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm not even going to bother trying to figure out what the Resident Evil stuff was about, but do you mind giving me the "confirmation" Hero was meant for base game? I would love a source.
It was just my own little wikipedia-quoting joke, pay it no mind.

As for sources, in a conference regarding DQ and Hero, Sakurai confirmed that he approached Square-Enix for Hero very early on, and because of how they handle music rights and art rights (with the original creators owning those rights) the parties agreed that it would be easier to have Hero be DLC, which in turn gave them time to add additional Hero costumes (in itself a huge deal as Square-Enix doesn't like the DQ Heroes to be seen fighting each other). The fact that Hero had been known in insider circles since before Ultimate released is further proof.

I don't have the link to the Twitter thread on me right now but I'll look for it. I do remember them saying that Square considered asking for Slime to be the DQ rep.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I dunno. Another possibility is that that maybe Byleth himself wasn't planned for the base roster but "obligatory newest Fire Emblem character" was ala "obligatory newest Pokemon character." Sakurai has said himself that he reserves spots for these two things with each game and has since Melee, even noting that some like Greninja and Inceniroar were nothing but concept art when he first saw them:

Melee- Pichu, Roy
Brawl- Lucario, Ike
Smash 4- Greninja, Robin
Ultimate- Incineroar, Byleth
Woah! I didn't know that about Pichu, Lucario, Ike, and Robin. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

----

Civics 101: Can you spot the differences in these disagreements? This is exactly the kind of things I'm talking about. Why do I have to point out that one contains respect and composure and other is, well, the total opposite? I'm already 6'6, how much of a bigger man in every situation do I need to be?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , Might I Ask a question?

So Apparently you have a kill list of characters not being Playable DLC, but likely Mii Costumes, and that Cuphead was on the list. I understand the list is private maybe for security reasons, but will we ever see this list being made Public sometime in the future?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
They recreated the jiggle. Nothing else. They weren’t able to replicate the Cacodemon head on the mii head. They weren’t able to have it all running together at once. To me and plenty of other people that’s not “reasonable evidence”. Doing half approximations of things and not the whole thing is not proof the thing you’re attempting to show can be replicated is fake.

We’ve been over this before, but characters take about a year from being designed to being fully implemented and available to play. Do you have a time table detailing when exactly mii costumes are made with respect to the characters they’re coming with? No. We just know several characters are in different stages of development at any given time. They looked fine in that 12 second clip from October but that doesn’t mean they’d necessarily be completed nor do we know of Mii Costumes are being worked on even in advance of the characters they’re releasing with.

That utilization of burden of proof doesn’t actually work for this situation because the person who leaked it (if real) is obviously not going to step forward and get legally destroyed by Nintendo. They also didn’t make a claim. They only released what they did. However, People online claiming it was fake stated that the fact that it would be able to be replicated would be proof that it’s fake. Therefore burden of proof of that claim does fall onto them. No one was able to replicate it. So therefore their claim that it is definitively fake cannot be proven.

So again, I really don’t understand your staunch positioning over this being so obviously fake. The reality is we just don’t know either way yet. It could be real it could be fake. But the longer it flies with no one actually replicates the sequence camera angles and all or someone steps forward to admit they made it or like with the Grinch leak characters are revealed that show it to be fake then we cannot definitively say it is a fake. And if anything the more real it appears because again we have no official statement regarding the timetable of when Mii Costumes are made with respect to characters.
I ask this genuinely: Do you have any theories as to why Nintendo hasn't taken down the Cacomallow leaks?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , Might I Ask a question?

So Apparently you have a kill list of characters not being Playable DLC, but likely Mii Costumes, and that Cuphead was on the list. I understand the list is private maybe for security reasons, but will we ever see this list being made Public sometime in the future?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
This whole notion of "Byleth was not want meant to be fighter 5" just screams "Isabelle was not supposed to be in the direct, but they switched it up because of the earthquake"... If he were truly meant to come at the base game, he would have been a bonus. and earlier for that matter This is just tinfoil hatting 3.0.

why would Fire Emblem get something even better than the Pokémon treatment which was a slot reserved for a 2016 game?
Easy, Nintendo most likely wanted to promote the game, but instead of adding him pre-release, they decided to reveal him when the last DLC gets announced on top of Sakurai being a big fan of the franchise. This could also explain why Rex & Pyra hasn¨t ended up as DLC (yet). On top of that, Pokemon does not need promotion.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
My Rankings for DLC thus far...

Piranha Plant - D - A generic enemy just doesn’t do it for me, regardless of how many special moves it has.

Joker - B+ - Really loved Persona 5, not my favorite game entirely, but still happy to see that series get represented.

Hero - A- - Dragon Quest is one of my favorite JRPGs and I own a few games in the series with I-III being digital and XI S being the first physical DQ game that I own in the mainline series and I ended up owning V later on in a physical format to play on the SNES. I also own a couple games in the Monsters series as well, so it rightfully deserves to be represented.

Banjo & Kazooie - A+ - After many years of wanting to play as my favorite bird and bear duo in a game from my childhood, they finally return in the way that they’re actually supposed to look like from the games and have nearly all of their abilities from the games and it’s about time that they’re playable once more on a Nintendo console. (We don’t speak of Nuts & Bolts.)

Terry Bogard - A - Seeing SNK finally get the recognition that they deserve makes me really happy because they have a lot of great gems on the NEOGEO, with the Fatal Fury and King of Fighters series of games being some of them along with Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug series of games. Terry was the best choice to represent SNK as he’s one of the most recognizable characters from that company. Also many NEOGEO titles are available for download on the Switch Eshop and I recommend checking them out.

Byleth - C+ - I would’ve given this character at least a B if they had shown up earlier in the pass instead of ending off with them, don’t get me wrong, he/she’s a pretty interesting character with many weapons to choose from and I’ll probably play them a few times to test them out. I also enjoyed Three Houses from what I’ve played and it’s a great game in its own right.

These are just my opinions about each character, so don’t take them seriously and so far, I give the DLC so far a B+ for the overall average.

Here’s hoping the next pass has some interesting and unique characters. :)

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
That's true. To add to your point (but not directed towards you), people being disappointed in a pick doesn't mean it invalidates their happiness at the previous picks. I've seen many people jump to counter people disappointed in this one pick, reprimanding them and using the other characters present almost as a means to invalidate their displeasure. 'He's added so many great characters! How dare you be ungrateful and not immediately love the latest character!' This applies to any new character, not just the current hot topic. I'm not a fan of guilt trips to downplay or smother criticism, even minor ones of just disliking a choice. Also, none of this is to you, just building off your statement.
I¨m not saying that you can¨t be disappointed, nor could ask.. why this one? But I'm just so sick and tired when people act like
"HE DOES NOT LISTEN TO US.... FIRE HM.... HE IS INCOMPETENT" just because a character did not want getting confirmed for the game.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I ask this genuinely: Do you have any theories as to why Nintendo hasn't taken down the Cacomallow leaks?
I'm not him, but I'll chyme in. They never took down the Ken Leak either, despite the fact that it was real and showed off a whole ass character instead of just Mii Costumes. Hell, from what I've heard, they only fired the Ken Leaker after Ken was revealed in November 2018. It seems Nintendo likes keeping leaks unverifiable until they've been proven by Nintendo themselves.
In recent years, it only seems they use the power of the DMCA to take down leaks are pretty obviously real and show a lot (such as when Pokemon SwSh broke street date). So, it all makes sense regarding Nintendo's policy on leaks.

Droodle

Smash Lord
So do you guys think we will still get bonus DLC after Season Pass 2 as in like Piranha Plant bonus DLC?
If we were getting a bonus they would have revealed it at the presentation, which did not happen.

Besides there's a ton of evidence that Plant was planned to be base but got pushed back. So technically speaking we have not had a bonus character yet unless you count fighter 11.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I¨m not saying that you can¨t be disappointed, nor could ask.. why this one? But I'm just so sick and tired when people act like
"HE DOES NOT LISTEN TO US.... FIRE HM.... HE IS INCOMPETENT" just because a character did not want getting confirmed for the game.
Those are, hopefully, the minority, the outliers, and like most outliers, can be ignored. But I do see people trying to bunch the 'disappointed' group into the much smaller 'crazy' group.

And to be honest, don't people say that after EVERY reveal, regardless of character? It's almost a required phrase at this point. Hell, Mario probably got it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If we were getting a bonus they would have revealed it at the presentation, which did not happen.

Besides there's a ton of evidence that Plant was planned to be base but got pushed back. So technically speaking we have not had a bonus character yet unless you count fighter 11.
I already know about the strong evidence of Plant originally being in the base roster. Evidence being that he was the only DLC character to receive a Palutena's Guidance codex. I do find it werid Season Pass 2 is at a uneven number compared to the first Season Pass. It makes me wonder if 11 will be Ultimate's final newcomer.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

Droodle

Smash Lord
DON'T GIVE ME HOPE!!! :surprised:
I'm not gonna buy into him completely; but he did say things like the presentation/direct would be on Thursday before it was revealed.

Also stated no reveal at TGA 5 days beforehand. If crash does end up starting FP 2, I would not be surprised as he's big in both the W.est and in Japan and there have been rumours of Crash for a while.

But I wouldn't buy into it completely.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm not him, but I'll chyme in. They never took down the Ken Leak either, despite the fact that it was real and showed off a whole ass character instead of just Mii Costumes. Hell, from what I've heard, they only fired the Ken Leaker after Ken was revealed in November 2018. It seems Nintendo likes keeping leaks unverifiable until they've been proven by Nintendo themselves.
In recent years, it only seems they use the power of the DMCA to take down leaks are pretty obviously real and show a lot (such as when Pokemon SwSh broke street date). So, it all makes sense regarding Nintendo's policy on leaks.
That also shows a difference in leak level, probably determines their reaction. The Ken leak was a picture of a character that most assumed would be in (or at the least not surprised at the idea); the Swish leak was the whole damn game.

Plus, perhaps there's a grayer zone with Snash leaks depending on the character. If two images were leaked, one of 1st/2nd party character and the other a 3rd party, would they both get deleted, ignored, one taken down by not the other, is Nintendo less strict over the 3rd party leaks and leave it to that company to handle it? Is Nintendo allowed to seek action on Smash leaks if it involves a 3rd party character? The company could request Nintendo not to go after it.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
I'm not gonna buy into him completely; but he did say things like the presentation/direct would be on Thursday before it was revealed.

Also stated no reveal at TGA 5 days beforehand. If crash does end up starting FP 2, I would not be surprised as he's big in both the W.est and in Japan and there have been rumours of Crash for a while.

And his location on Twitter is "Vergeben Sucks" which is pretty funny.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace

Yeah, he's been correct in his tweets so far. But he could have always deleted incorrect tweets right?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think the whole Smash base, including leakers, just need to take a break from leaks at this point. It's getting way too involved and treated like serious business. I mean, what is the endgame of all this leaking?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I'm really enjoying SMRPG everyone. I'm actually really excited to meet Geno. The humor is fantastic, and I really love the expansion of the Mario universe. I even consider the battling to be above average given the timed hits and blocks. That was a nice touch.

My main concern right now is the difficulty, but that's hardly a dealbreaker. I'm assuming there will be a bit of a spike later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom