• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
Well, no Geno costume in sight.
At this point, I'm gonna head on a limb and say that Geno will probably be part of the Fighters Pass Volume 2.
6 fighters is something and wow the Mii Costume segment really threw me in.

i feel so bad for rayman honestly. imagine rabbids getting a mii costume before you.
the cuphead mii costume is really rad and i'll likely buy it.

link2702

Smash Champion
the sad part is the agonizing wait is once again continuing.

We THOUGHT January would be the end of our suffering, but now it's.....well....maybe next year?

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
That was an utter disappointment in almost every way, except for the Cuphead mii costume and the 2nd DLC pass announcement.

domriver

Smash Lord
Over all thoughts about this?

For me: Showcase Regarding Blyeth was meh - im not a huge FE Fan but - Congratus to those who wanted this character :D
Cuphead was interesting.
No surprise 2nd reveal.
6 more fighters coming. Nice.

Now we wait for..... what general directs?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Byleth themself is a pretty good birthday present, but not only does Geno live to see another day, this next Fighters Pass is gonna get six characters instead of five.

Stay strong Genobros, it ain't over just yet!

zferolie

Smash Hero
so Geno lives again, Still no ubisoft rep, Shantae is the lead Indie rep still with Cuphead as a Miifighter, and I can feel the salt from everyone that this was the end of the FP. And not a double reveal to help that huh?

I can see why this was kept a huge secret, if this leaked early, imagine the rage from some in the community

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I just hope byleth doesn't get too much hate. Feels bad to see another game I love to get panned because so and so didn't make it into smash just yet.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Well, I'm definitely gonna not stay around on this site for a bit, because it is about to get really salty in here.

I'll come back when people calm down. NOT saying people can't be disappointed in Byleth, but... well, I don't really desire to see all of this fallout. I feel so bad for Fire Emblem, because the series gets so much crap from Smash fans.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am surprisingly okay with this. I would prefer Edelgard, but I am glad they gave Byleth some diversity. I will say, I got really nervous with the costume section, especially after the first two costumes.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
User was warned for this post
Your the famous wynn728 huh? Nice to meet you. Don't know what made you so negative about every character that could get in. But hey it's fine not to be too optimistic. We'll see who we get. Also I was simply praising Red for his recent videos. So yeah.
So what was that about Dragonborn, cause he looks a lot different from what I remember.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Cuphead costume was worth it in the end. I love that game and was super excited to see it represented as a Mii Fighter costume. Wishful thinking, but I would be mad hyped if Hat Kid followed along with other indie games being given premium Mii Costumes.

And Geno survived the entire Fighter Pass.

This means for remaining Smash 4 costumes, all that are left include

-Geno
-Chocobo
-Gilgamesh
-Monster Hunter Normal
-Monster Hunter Rathalos
-Heihachi
-Lloyd

I'm hoping for the best moving forward.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
so Geno lives again, Still no ubisoft rep, Shantae is the lead Indie rep still with Cuphead as a Miifighter, and I can feel the salt from everyone that this was the end of the FP. And not a double reveal to help that huh?

I can see why this was kept a huge secret, if this leaked early, imagine the rage from some in the community
Yeah, I definitely give credit to Nintendo for keeping this a secret. So, torture among tortures, 7's not coming until E3 now but 6 should be soon. Holy hell, 6 isn't a bonus... They might actually get a full ****ing trailer... This is amazing...

D

Deleted member

Good news is, Byleth is proof that characters from Nintendo franchises can be in so that is a good thing for Geno. Also the Mii costume is still MIA.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Well, I'm definitely gonna not stay around on this site for a bit, because it is about to get really salty in here.

I'll come back when people calm down. NOT saying people can't be disappointed in Byleth, but... well, I don't really desire to see all of this fallout. I feel so bad for Fire Emblem, because the series gets so much crap from Smash fans.
Well, that's what I'm doing with Twitter myself. Not that I use that website much to begin with.

I do feel bad for Fire Emblem and its fans as well. The amount of salt they're going to get is unbelievable.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, people thought only third party characters would make up this Fighter's pass. Guess this is another fanmade thing that was wrong all along.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
LOL Byleth is FP5. I'm not really disappointed as I suppose it gives more credence to the possibility of first parties being on the table in DLC. At least the cuphead Mii is cool and no Geno Mii returning (yet). We're still in this. I was really hoping for a FPS rep but Byleth looks pretty fun. The big news is 6 more fighters who have already been decided meaning there could be something to all these circulating rumors. The most disappointing thing to me was the Ubisoft costumes which probably is bad news for Rayman and if that's all the Ubisoft representation we are going to get I would have at least liked a really nice Rayman Mii brawler on the level of sans and cuphead. I didn't get to see the whole presentation so I may have missed some stuff at the beginning too. What are our thoughts Geno thread?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So what was that about Dragonborn, cause he looks a lot different from what I remember.
Please don't start wynn. Yes that was a major disappointment of a direct, but we still got at least 6 more DLC characters. There is still light at the end of the tunnel.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I love how we were right about the artifacting, but were so wrong about the character. Nintendo was smart to keep this under wraps before reveal, but this shouldn't come as the last one. Can we just say how Xenoblade keeps getting snubbed in DLC choices? (Wait, is that the fanbase that would get angry at FP5?). Geno is still coming soon, so no worries about it (Although the Megaman costumes won't come with him). Cuphead costume was nice, getting it as soon as it comes out.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hilarious! I enjoyed Three Houses so this was welcomed. I didn't want to say anything about the possibility of this, but here we are.

Cuphead is a nice surprise though. Also, 6 fighters?! That is also very nice. Sakurai and Nintendo taking swings at people 'This one didn't leak, not just an anime sword MAN, hyuck hyuck hyuck!" What a day.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah, I definitely give credit to Nintendo for keeping this a secret. So, torture among tortures, 7's not coming until E3 now but 6 should be soon. Holy hell, 6 isn't a bonus... They might actually get a full ****ing trailer... This is amazing...
Sakurai was very proud of himself hiding this character from basically everyone. Props to him.

So you heard who the 6th is huh, or just speculative? Most of your sources didn't say anything about a FE character though either, so this could be hidden too,

WAIT A SECOND!

VERGE AND SABI ARE DONE FOR!

I JUST REMEMEBRED!

DIDN’T THEY SAY ITS NOT A FIRST PARTY CHARACTER!?!
Sakurai purposefully kept this a huge secret, so any source that told them it wasn't a first party was wrong, and could have been leakbait

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I love how we were right about the artifacting, but were so wrong about the character. Nintendo was smart to keep this under wraps before reveal, but this shouldn't come as the last one. Can we just say how Xenoblade keeps getting snubbed in DLC choices? (Wait, is that the fanbase that would get angry at FP5?). Geno is still coming soon, so no worries about it (Although the Megaman costumes won't come with him). Cuphead costume was nice, getting it as soon as it comes out.
The green was correct but it was actually the background of the character

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
The real disappointment for me is the Altair/Rabbids costume.

I feel like they wouldn't have thrown those out with Byleth if there was any chance of us getting Rayman.

Unless those costumes were negotiated for before FP2 was decided, and then Sakurai went back to Ubisoft? I dunno

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
WAIT A SECOND!

VERGE AND SABI ARE DONE FOR!

I JUST REMEMEBRED!

DIDN’T THEY SAY ITS NOT A FIRST PARTY CHARACTER!?!
Yep, let's party! Ding-dong the leakers' credibility are dead! :seuss:

The real disappointment for me is the Altair/Rabbids costume.

I feel like they wouldn't have thrown those out with Byleth if there was any chance of us getting Rayman.

Unless those costumes were negotiated for before FP2 was decided, and then Sakurai went back to Ubisoft? I dunno
By that logical you're saying Geno is done for too if the CacoMallow Mii costumes show up.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
No Geno Mii costume, we live to fight another day.

Oh man the internet is going to be so mad, but I’m so glad since Geno is all I care about tbh. But hey, I’ll have fun with Bylwth. I know people will be upset, but I don’t care.

Oh and Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , I got a few shovels for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom