• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
So does the thread with "changed" thumbnails exist on any archive? Like, have you seen the post by post number? Did any text in that thread mention Smash or Geno? I'm not taking stock in this but it's worth investigating.
as long as they give it the sans treatment "head with costume"
ill be satisfied

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
The entire thread's archive had a thumbnail image error where all thumbnails were changed due to a database error (can happen when multiple people post a picture at the same time, but very rare).

The picture in question in the archive changed to a promo picture for a Tales Of game, and other pictures changed as well supposedly.

Not gonna think too much about it, though if it's a discord operation surely someone would be able to find the discord responsible pretty quickly, as 4chan's users exist everywhere and have snuck into pretty much every single one. If I knew how to use wayback machine properly I'd investigate more, but the picture from my understanding is:

Mallow Mii Costume
Boshi (either mii costume or just their glasses)
Geno (playable)

All on a Kid Icarus stage

Regardless, hoping for Geno and Doomguy tomorrow
Wait, is it likely that this is real? And if so, whhy is it deleted and can't it be shared?

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Wait, is it likely that this is real? And if so, whhy is it deleted and can't it be shared?
Not likely real, more likely discord, no proof for either discord or it being real. Just waiting and seeing, unless someone finds the discord or the original image we won't know until tomorrow. The only thought I have is Wayback Machine perhaps

pinshadow

Smash Lord
It's not real, for like the past week there has been a discord posting Geno threads on /v/, both supporting and dumping on him, and it's literally just an attempt to generate fake drama around Geno because the ****posters need something to latch on to, its ridiculous.

T2by4

Smash Lord
The entire thread's archive had a thumbnail image error where all thumbnails were changed due to a database error (can happen when multiple people post a picture at the same time, but very rare).

The picture in question in the archive changed to a promo picture for a Tales Of game, and other pictures changed as well supposedly.

Not gonna think too much about it, though if it's a discord operation surely someone would be able to find the discord responsible pretty quickly, as 4chan's users exist everywhere and have snuck into pretty much every single one. If I knew how to use wayback machine properly I'd investigate more, but the picture from my understanding is:

Mallow Mii Costume
Boshi (either mii costume or just their glasses)
Geno (playable)

All on a Kid Icarus stage

Regardless, hoping for Geno and Doomguy tomorrow
Okay, but, like, you can literally just screenshot an image and just paste another photo ontop of it and claim that "the sites broke lol"

They're bs'ing everyone lol

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The games would get much more exciting again like how it was before the November 2018 Smash Direct. Geno, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Krystal, Dixie Kong, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Skull Kid, Ashley, ect would all be back in the race. :)
Just like after Robin came out in 4. Gematsu was the leaker at the time and character speculation was practically dead. Any non Gematsu character suggestion was beaten down by others, claiming that they were not on the leak list so it was pointless to talk about them. Then our good friend Shu-, Robin came out, proving the list wasn't infallible and soon after character speculation exploded in discussion again. It helped that Gematsu stopped chiming in before EVERY Smash event after that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Must be nice <.<

Especially the hair part...hate my family genes...only 31...
Hats are cool. I don't need to but I wear applejacks like 90% of the time just because I like how they look on me. Been doing this since I was like... 12, I think? 32 now. Nerdy as AF but Popeye, Mario, and Geno are one of the reasons I wear a hat most of the time. Another is because my grandfather used to say that you could recognize a true American working man by his hat, boots, and jeans. Obviously, this is pretty standard all over the world nowadays but I appreciate it because it highlights the impact of the "common man" and how sometimes the best anyone can do is get up and get **** done, even if it seems mundane and unimportant. Teddy Roosevelt more or less once said "do what you can, where you are, and with what you have" and these three things have largely shaped how I go about my life.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Must be nice <.<

Especially the hair part...hate my family genes...only 31...
Hey, don't worry about it. In fact, while us hairballs are spending money on hair products, your magnificent dome will be saving you from bad hair days, barber shop costs, itchy hair, and a whole lot more.

Also, good morning everyone!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I honestly don't care if I ever lose my hair or not in the future, because the only thing that matters to me is if I'm still living in good health around the people that I love. Though I do have nice hair.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Comes into the Geno thread to see if there's any more juicy speculation regarding the direct tomorrow. Sees at least one full page talking about essentially nothing but hair. Whelp can't say I didn't see that coming.

lemon demon

Smash Cadet
Don't worry, Geno's bald as well.
View attachment 257723
oh god. i don’t know what im looking at.
all my life i’ve pondered “what is under geno’s hat?” and i never expected an answer. i believed myself to be better off without one, ignorance being bliss and all. a mystery to be left unsolved. something i would die without ever knowing what is beneath that hat of his.
but this is terrifying.
his wide, dead eyes and his two strands of hair shown on his hatless sprite before being promptly removed in the next sprite without warning. i am sweating as i type this, i thought i’ve felt all fears that could possibly be felt but clearly i was wrong. nothing could prepare me to see this. i’ve watched countless horror movies but none of them have impacted me like this. the back sprite is it’s own creature. i’ve juggled the possibility in my head that he was bald beneath that hat, but i could never visualize it. now here it is, right in front of me. this image has already burned itself into my retinas, creating a new home in my eyes so i can never forget it. damn you, smashboards user MisterMike. damn you. just kidding around of course. thanks for answering a question i was too afraid to ask.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
why am I seeing people scream that genos in? what photo are they al talking about!? DONT GIVE ME HOPE

T2by4

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Rikarte

Smash Ace
So if the worst case scenario actually happened and geno’s mii costume returned and no geno fighter....how will folks here cope with it?
It's not a fighter but I'll gladly take it over just the Spirit and online icon. Would also give me a reason to play Mii Gunner again.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Tomorrow morning is going to be "Commence Operation Clench-The-Cheeks-During-The-Mii-Costume-Section-Of-The-Video-Hoping-For-No-Return-Of-Puppet-Costume."

Or Operation CTCDTMCSOTVHFNROPC for short. I should work on that....

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If Geno makes it, I pity the next popular character the auto-detractors will go after, saying how they are impossible because reasons.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
So have the cacodemon and mallow mii hats been deconfirmed yet or is that still in the air?
Modders have managed to put the hats on characters and sorta recreate the leak but even the one who managed to pull that off said that they thought making it look as high quality as the leak was impossible.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
oh god. i don’t know what im looking at.
all my life i’ve pondered “what is under geno’s hat?” and i never expected an answer. i believed myself to be better off without one, ignorance being bliss and all. a mystery to be left unsolved. something i would die without ever knowing what is beneath that hat of his.
but this is terrifying.
his wide, dead eyes and his two strands of hair shown on his hatless sprite before being promptly removed in the next sprite without warning. i am sweating as i type this, i thought i’ve felt all fears that could possibly be felt but clearly i was wrong. nothing could prepare me to see this. i’ve watched countless horror movies but none of them have impacted me like this. the back sprite is it’s own creature. i’ve juggled the possibility in my head that he was bald beneath that hat, but i could never visualize it. now here it is, right in front of me. this image has already burned itself into my retinas, creating a new home in my eyes so i can never forget it. damn you, smashboards user MisterMike. damn you. just kidding around of course. thanks for answering a question i was too afraid to ask.
CalmDownLemonDemon.png

No problem, man.

So have the cacodemon and mallow mii hats been deconfirmed yet or is that still in the air?
No, they're still in the running. Nothing's come forward that disproves it in any way.

D

Deleted member

Boshi sunglasses sounds pretty cool for a Mii.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So if the worst case scenario actually happened and geno’s mii costume returned and no geno fighter....how will folks here cope with it?
That depends on if he would get the Sans treatment or just a carbon copy of Smash 4s costume

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Geno would be a great way to end off the fighters pass but also a great way to start the 2nd pass so I'd be fine if he was either

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom