• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I have 0 expectations for either of them; so I'll do the opposite.

If Sora gets in, I'll celebrate by drinking Monster Zero Ultra.

If Geno gets in I'll drink some Soylent Green.

And if Dante gets in I'll celebrate by ordering some Pizza.
Okay, but whatever the outcome we have to share a picture of the soylent we will be drinking. As proof that we did it.

OffBi

Smash Ace
You have to appreciate how utterly psycho the smash fanbase is getting over Sakurai holding up three fingers. That's it. Three Fingers.

"OMG, Sora!"
"No, you cad! It's obviously Reimu!"
"LOUD NOISES!"
"Shut up, it's Phoenix Wright!"
*Cries in Dante*
"Dovahkin 4 ever!"
"You deluded fools! Kneel before Squidward!"

Geez, imagine if Soccerguy flashed his dong or something. The internet would melt.
Dong... OH MY GOD, IT'S DONKEY KONG, HE'S FINALLY IN!

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Hah! I called the shadowdrop potential last week:

Tbh, if they're doing all the maintenance for this update between yesterday and tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if it's in anticipation for heavy traffic and the Direct is on Thursday after all of it is done. It could potentially mean that FP5 doesn't shadow-drop since there's nothing scheduled for Thursday, but as long as we find out who it is and end the drought, I'm fine waiting for release.

Terry's presentation also was announced in the evening EST, so it'll only not be tomorrow if we don't get something before midnight. They could even go the unexpected route and "shadowdrop" the presentation release date without revealing FP5 beforehand, and then just reveal who it is during the presentation instead of in a Direct and turn it into a Smash mini-Direct.
Anyways, "Geno for Smash or we riot!!!1!11!", and all that jazz.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Okay, but whatever the outcome we have to share a picture of the soylent we will be drinking. As proof that we did it.
B-b-b-but Soylent Green is People!

I'll probably change that to some Kool-Aid. Just because I hate Kool-Aid and I don't want to drink people.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
You have to appreciate how utterly psycho the smash fanbase is getting over Sakurai holding up three fingers. That's it. Three Fingers.

"OMG, Sora!"
"No, you cad! It's obviously Reimu!"
"LOUD NOISES!"
"Shut up, it's Phoenix Wright!"
*Cries in Dante*
"Dovahkin 4 ever!"
"You deluded fools! Kneel before Squidward!"

Geez, imagine if Soccerguy flashed his dong or something. The internet would melt.
Bonus points is if anyone who legitimately thinks the fingers are a hint were also mocking the Smashbase who thinking colored chairs were a big hint.

Anyway, my priority is playable Geno. Once he's in, I'm moving support to Sora.

And Square, if you botch the music choices AGAIN when adding KH music.........

StarLight42

Smash Lord

GameXplain's video is driving me nuts. They're predicting Nintendo characters and spirits. FOR FP5.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This kind of just dawned on me: I don't think we've ever gotten a double reveal in a standard Direct. All the presentations with multiple Smash reveals have been E3 or Smash presentations. That means the chance of getting a double reveal in a General Direct is significantly smaller so... Maybe this presentation will have 5 and 6? I dunno. It's another one of those things that seems deliberate.

Firox

Smash Master
Dong... OH MY GOD, IT'S DONKEY KONG, HE'S FINALLY IN!
Wait....dong....schlong....shenron....Kid Goku used to flash his thing around all the time. That's it! Goku's in!

Vergeben: "See guys?! That's what I've been saying all along!"

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
B-b-b-but Soylent Green is People!

I'll probably change that to some Kool-Aid. Just because I hate Kool-Aid and I don't want to drink people.
Good enough for me. I'll give you my word that if Sora gets in instead of Geno sometime this year, I will drinking soylent. It feels very fitting for that reveal and I need a humorous way to get past that reveal lol

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

GameXplain's video is driving me nuts. They're predicting Nintendo characters and spirits. FOR FP5.
I will laugh out loud if a certain game that the majority seems to be in agreement is the fifth fighter.
Heck what if that game is the supposed bonus that Fatman is talking about xD

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
This kind of just dawned on me: I don't think we've ever gotten a double reveal in a standard Direct. All the presentations with multiple Smash reveals have been E3 or Smash presentations. That means the chance of getting a double reveal in a General Direct is significantly smaller so... Maybe this presentation will have 5 and 6? I dunno. It's another one of those things that seems deliberate.
We got three with Ken, Incineroar and *redacted*

Droodle

Smash Lord
no stop, dont do that to your body DD: Sora wouldnt want that
Okay fine, I didn't want to bring it to this. But I'm going full stakes on this.

If Sora gets in, I'll watch my favorite movie The Shawshank Redemption.

If Geno gets in, I'll play through Sonic 06 again.

And if Dante, gets in I'll eat some PEPPERONI PIZZA.

Top that,

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah, the fingers likely aren’t a hint. I just thought they could be because of what they could have cropped the pic of Sakurai from, but I guess it’s just a common gesture for three and W (WAHAHA!) and maybe some other meaning.

I don’t have hands (well I guess I sorta have one) and don’t see it often so I personally wouldn’t know

Last edited:

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
At this point, the Phoenix Wright fanbase does big streches for the heck of it. I mean, the Phoenix Wright board has been linking Salurai's pic of the day to AA for the past week or so. Even then, people have pointed out how Athena said that we need more than an entire hand to recreate his spiky hair.
You... You're joking, aren't you? They're doing it for fun!

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
To be fair, it's natural for the Ace Attorney fans to make big stretches because that's what happens all the time in the Ace Attorney games.

Source: Me, an avid Ace Attorney player

Flyboy

Smash Hero
At this point, the Phoenix Wright fanbase does big streches for the heck of it. I mean, the Phoenix Wright board has been linking Salurai's pic of the day to AA for the past week or so. Even then, people have pointed out how Athena said that we need more than an entire hand to recreate his spiky hair.
BRO we are LITERALLY doing it as a joke

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I present to the Geno thread for your amusement, Poster Theory, which overlaps with Color Theory

One last theory to squeeze out before Thursday

View attachment 257312
Might actually have something.

Firstly, I went back to the Terry and Banjo presentations and sure enough you can clearly see the colors of the posters behind him.

Can clearly see the blue on his shoulder, brown on his arm, red and yellow in his hair, ect, it matches where he is in relation to the poster in the video.

Image posting isn't working, but its even more obviois here, don't even need to zoom in to see the blue and red on him from the poster.

Now look at this.
https://imgur.com/8FjAS8A
Left Edge of his Hair, all DARK GREEN. ARMOR TINTS. (Smashboards this is literally the WORST time to break image posting PLEASE)

Is this the dumbest most crackpot theory ever? Maybe, but damn I'm a believer.

Attachments

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Sorry if I was sounding like I was making fun of you guys, english is not my first language, so I can screw it up what I want to say quite often. I'm one of you, and I also love those big strectches too.
Ah, okay! That makes sense. Sometimes it's easy for people to not realize we're all just goofing around. :)

OffBi

Smash Ace

Firstly, I went back to the Terry and Banjo presentations and sure enough you can clearly see the colors of the posters behind him.

Can clearly see the blue on his shoulder, brown on his arm, red and yellow in his hair, ect, it matches where he is in relation to the poster in the video.

Image posting isn't working, but its even more obviois here, don't even need to zoom in to see the blue and red on him from the poster.

Now look at this.
Left Edge of his Hair, all DARK GREEN. ARMOR TINTS. (Smashboards this is literally the WORST time to break image posting PLEASE)

So it's doomguy.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Now look at this.

My dude, we may have ****ing cracked it for real

I didn't notice the green until just now

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Now look at this.

Probably a good observation to share with the Doomguy thread. Not that this is off topic thing to share here or anything(Doomguy would be big for CacoMallow), just that they would be interested.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Now look at this.

HOLY S***!!

Heavy Metal Music intensifies

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Now look at this.

If that’s correct

Doomguy or master chief

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Now look at this.

Oh... oooooohhhh my god. OH MY GOD. YOU'RE A GENIUS, YOU IDIOT!
EN5Bn1wWAAAYWLa.jpg:large.jpeg

Also, you should share this with the Doomguy thread in case you haven't.

If that’s correct

Doomguy or master chief
Most likely the latter, since we already have a Microsoft character in the pass.

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Now look at this.

greener.png

Adding more, its even MORE obvious on the right side of his hair. I guess the question now is whether or not its just how his hair looks/a lighting thing, and I'm not really sure

Edit: Link if image isnt working
https://imgur.com/a/ao8rg0l

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
It’s people....Soylent green is made out of people...

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!
My joke is being hijacked by an even more clever reference

Now look at this.

Can we get someone to line these images up and place Sakurai in a specific frame of said background?

This would actually be pretty insane but do we know it is exclusively Doom?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, the fingers likely aren’t a hint. I just thought they could be because of what they could have cropped the pic of Sakurai from, but I guess it’s just a common gesture for three and W (WAHAHA!) and maybe some other meaning.

I don’t have hands (well I guess I sorta have one) and don’t see it often so I personally wouldn’t know
It's not JUST the 3 fingers. It's also the shape he makes with his thumb and pinky.

Holphino

Smash Apprentice

Now look at this.

Coming in from the Doomguy thread, why must you do these things! I'm not trying to get excited over here. Also good luck on you guys getting your boy in, he's got a really good chance honestly. Especially if somehow the impossible happens, and Doomguy is in.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Coming in from the Doomguy thread, why must you do these things! I'm not trying to get excited over here. Also good luck on you guys getting your boy in, he's got a really good chance honestly. Especially if somehow the impossible happens, and Doomguy is in.
In retrospect you can clearly see green in the outline of his hair when you look carefully

The only way it could go horribly wrong is if it’s master chief

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Same to you. It would be a pretty neat discovery for you guys if we manage to find a pattern with the photo shopping of these images.

DIY

Smash Apprentice
I love the hype everyone here is showing for Thursday, especially with how many possibilities there now are for the fifth fighter and our boy, Geno. Regardless of who is announced this Thursday, I'll just be happy that this horrible, drought, and wait of a speculation cycle is finally over. Hopefully, we'll see the best-case scenarios happen Thursday and see to it that Geno becomes announced then or in the future.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
View attachment 257335
Adding more, its even MORE obvious on the right side of his hair. I guess the question now is whether or not its just how his hair looks/a lighting thing, and I'm not really sure

Edit: Link if image isnt working
https://imgur.com/a/ao8rg0l
I love Smash speculation so much. We could just be content to sit patiently and wait for the reveal, but no, that's not enough for us! We went into FORENSICS to figure this out!

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
How am I dumping on sora or his fanbase even in the slightest? The reality is, being a square character, Sora is a direct competitor to geno. And even if he wasn't, I'm perfectly allowed to not want a character you absolute cabbage
1. There's no reason to throw around names/insults (even if being called a cabbage is more joking) and lessen the point you're trying to make.
2. Yes, you are allowed to not want a character, that wasn't even my point. You misconstrued my point. (And I'm not even a personal Sora fan, I've never played Kingdom Hearts.) My point clearly wasn't about not wanting Sora, it was about dogging on him and his fans. You can not want a character, but sorry dude, if you saw someone calling Geno evil when the surrounding discussion clearly was about disliking Sora's fans and gatekeeping him, then yeah, I think you'd be ticked off too. What you did absolutely wasn't the worst thing in the world (even compared to the things other people said in this thread), but if the anti-discussion was on Geno, you'd be upset. That's how it goes; if the dislike was against the character you wanted (you in broad terms), then you wouldn't like the anti-discussion (again, "you" in broad terms). Once more, I'm not even a Sora fan lol, so you don't need to call me names (albeit a sillier one) for a point I wasn't even making.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey wait a second

How about we go for 4 for 4

Check if joker presentation and hero presentation colors match.

(Red black white for joker)

(Light purple and whatever colors for hero and skins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom