• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I present to the Geno thread for your amusement, Poster Theory, which overlaps with Color Theory

One last theory to squeeze out before Thursday

unknown-2.png

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Hard predicting Dragonborn for FP5 due to like everything seeming to add up. I believe CacoMallow is absolutely still real, and Doomguy or Mr. Skyrim himself would go a long way to prove it correct considering we may know the Mii Costumes this time on Thursday.

Honestly, I’d love to see both of the Bethesda Boys (TM) get in as they both have merit. DOOM is the precursor to modern FPS games and Skyrim is an incredible open world game that is very popular and esteemed. BotW got inspiration from it, and that’s neat. Plus, I also really like Skyrim and think any content would be a worthwhile addition.

But back to Geno, I’ll go ahead and say that he’ll probably kick off Season 2 to kind of show the caliber of the characters we can expect. Whether or not there’s a bonus fighter, who knows? If there is one it’ll probably be first party all things considered. Especially if it’s free. I’ll say we could for sure get a double reveal on Thursday and then have another next month in a potential general direct. Either way, I’m really excited to see where this speculation goes.

Also Sakurai’s fingers can be read as an “E” so Elma will be FP5. Wishful thinking, right?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Ironic how the fandom that says the are all suger spice anf everything nice is over here calling other. a fandom the worst fanbase
Ironic how someone named Professor PUMPKABOO has some random anime (or Persona) character for their avatar! :ultpacman:

I present to the Geno thread for your amusement, Poster Theory, which overlaps with Color Theory

View attachment 257312
Don't do that. Don't give me hope. Just kidding, give it to me daddy.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I'm gonna come out and say that I think it's gonna be Doomslayer. Seeing as Fatman's sources have only really told him "western character/Bethesda" I'm inclined to believe they're right but in a different way than how he's speculating. I've been calling Doomguy as FP5 since the VGAs so I'll stick with it. I also would like to see the two cursed ones try to dig their way out of the hole of being wrong and try to prove how they were actually correct in deconfirming Doomslayer months ago.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace

I think we got our answer
*SSGuy and Serenade have left the chat

how do I dislike a post
Don't you put that evil on me, psycho.
...really? Do we really need to crap on Sora again in this thread? I find it extremely hypocritical when people in this thread complain when people dump on Geno and then think it is okay to dump on Sora.

*Someone makes a joke about Sora making it in
"Welp, guess we gotta crap on him and his fans now!"

Speaking of...

Not to mention, he may have the worst fanbases for any highly requested new comer. If I gotta see that gif of Sora slowly smiling again, I may punch a hole through my wall.
No. Just no. Are we really gonna play the game of "this fanbase is worse," again? You're newer here, but even you should know that is pretty immature behavior. Every fanbase has bad spots. I know really awesome and genuine Sora fans, so if we could not play that game and be tribalistic like that, that would be great. There is no need to tear down others' wishes just to prop up your own in attempt to make yourself look better.

Let's just be excited for the Smash presentation and NOT tear other characters and their fanbases now, yeah?

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
No. Just no. Are we really gonna play the game of "this fanbase is worse," again? You're newer here, but even you should know that is pretty immature behavior. Every fanbase has bad spots. I know really awesome and genuine Sora fans, so if we could not play that game and be tribalistic like that, that would be great.
Apologies, I tend to get worked up easily. I don't wanna paint all Sora fans with this brush, but the fanbase at large tends to piss me off a lot. I'll try not to do it again, but it was months of bottled up anger coming out there. Sorry.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I'm gonna come out and say that I think it's gonna be Doomslayer. Seeing as Fatman's sources have only really told him "western character/Bethesda" I'm inclined to believe they're right but in a different way than how he's speculating. I've been calling Doomguy as FP5 since the VGAs so I'll stick with it.
The thing that hurts the chance of a western character, especially Doomguy and Master Chief; that are incredibly niche in Japan, is the timing of the presentation.

Most of the people in the West are going to be asleep during the event so that makes it incredibly unlikely that they would choose primarily Western characters with little to no Japanese following to get in as the primary reveal.

I could really only see Dragonborn, Steve, and Crash as potential Western characters that would be revealed at that time in Japan. Skyrim was popular enough there; same with the other 2.

That said, I'm only 25/75 on any of those characters being shown off at the presentation myself.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Just so everyone is on the same page:

My character? Good

Your character? Bad

Thanks for reading :)

The thing that hurts the chance of a western character, especially Doomguy and Master Chief; that are incredibly niche in Japan, is the timing of the presentation.

Most of the people in the West are going to be asleep during the event so that makes it incredibly unlikely that they would choose primarily Western characters with little to no Japanese following to get in as the primary reveal.

I could really only see Dragonborn, Steve, and Crash as potential Western characters that would be revealed at that time in Japan. Skyrim was popular enough there; same with the other 2.

That said, I'm only 25/75 on any of those characters being shown off at the presentation myself.
Most direct presentations are early in the morning US time. That doesn’t mean anything. Hero was revealed at 2 am japan time and that’s where most of his fans are.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Okay, so to recap. This image:
EOM6CgsUcAAiZhu.jpeg

Has so far been suggested to be for...
- Geno, because of the ??? in the background, which was Geno's name before he revealed it in SMRPG.
- Sora, because Kingdom Hearts 3 and there's art of Sora holding up a three.
- Crash Bandicoot, because he also makes the three fingers gesture, more specifically on the boxart for the N.Sane Trilogy.
- Travis Touchdown, because one of the main guys behind the series does that hand gesture sometimes.
- A Toasted Trademark: Ternary Treehouses character, most likely Edelgard or Byleth, because three.
- Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X, because it could be read as an E for Elma.
- Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa and Nightmare, because the background this Sakurai image has been cut from has brown artifacts, implying that the background for this is brown and the character that's being revealed would fit that color.
- Reimu Hakurei, because Sakurai asked if any oracles could guess who this new fighter would be, and oracles are defined as "A priest or priestess acting as a medium through whom advice or prophecy was sought from the gods in classical antiquity.".

Have I got that all right?

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Just so everyone is on the same page:

My character? Good

Your character? Bad

Thanks for reading :)
Again, I shouldn't have said anything on the matter, I let my emotions get the best of me and that's my fault. I'm sorry for bringing too much of my **** here and I shouldn't have said anything about it. Again, I am sorry for this.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
View attachment 257316
- Geno, because of the ??? in the background, which was Geno's name before he revealed it in SMRPG.
- Travis Touchdown, because one of the main guys behind the series does that hand gesture sometimes.
- A Toasted Trademark: Ternary Treehouses character, most likely Edelgard or Byleth, because three.
- Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa and Nightmare, because the background this Sakurai image has been cut from has brown artifacts, implying that the background for this is brown and the character that's being revealed would fit that color.

Don't forget about this.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Just as a reminder, the only Sora fans it is acceptable to throw violently under the bus are the ones who try to bully or get a rise out of Geno fans. It is not acceptable to go after those who have a neutral stance or leave us alone.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
View attachment 257316

There's also the ReimuforSmash Twitter account who is meming Sakurai hinting at it being an hint for Reimu into existence.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ReimuForSmash

zferolie

Smash Hero
You cant ignore the Arle info out there. Also, i still have a crazy theory that since they only planned for this 5 dlc fighters the last is a fan want, plus a bonus like plant. The last 2 big ones that also were spirits as i think sakurai could have dont that to make people not expect them, are Geno and Shantae. Shantae as the 5th with bonus Geno. Thats my theory/wish atm

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hold on guys... I've got a leaked screenshot of the presentation to share...

Mess with the Squid, you get the "nothin' personnel, kid."
80847710_2796173747107762_2078612640522829824_n.jpg

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Not to mention, he may have the worst fanbases for any highly requested new comer. If I gotta see that gif of Sora slowly smiling again, I may punch a hole through my wall.
I'm not gonna lie, I hate that gif as well. It is just super smug/condescending looking Lol

The spinning key blade one is obnoxious looking too.

On another topic, Geno needs more gifs on Twitter

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
View attachment 257316
- Crash Bandicoot, because he also makes the three fingers gesture, more specifically on the boxart for the N.Sane Trilogy.

Another one I forgot, there's some people saying that Sakurai is replicating spiky hair, for Phoenix Wright.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
>character hasn’t been leaked
>Sakurai holding up 3
>likely a franchise not in Smash

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I know who FP5 is.

3F067B48-5854-45E7-8BF0-AF6244ACF0B8.jpeg
It’s stylized soccer 3 from Clip Art. It was the first search result for “character holding up a 3” on google images so therefore it must be true.

GenoBros I think we have to wait a bit longer :(

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
That's funny that Color Theory is likely to be correct. If it's by complete coincidence (I'm pretty sure it is, I don't know why Sakurai would pick characters based off a certain range of colors), then that is one heck of a big coincidence.

I have to say that brown is definitely more like Doom Slayer. Dragonborn is more grey and black.

Fatman saying his sources claim western character and Bethesda, cacomallow leak, Bethesda has talked to Nintendo about Smash, and my own little theory: Sakurai bringing up the FPS talk while discussing Banjo's neutral special. I had a feeling that was him experimenting with a FPS mechanic that could evolve to work with a FPS character like Doom Slayer. And also Daisy Theory because of Doomguy's pet rabbit Daisy.

It's all coming together! And it's great news for Geno if true!

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I've been kinda hibernating again and have now got, mostly caught up.

As much as I don't personally care for DoomGuy, DoomSlayer, DoomMarine (Including Bayo and Belmonts for personal reasons) ... If he did get in, that really adds more legitimacy for the CacoMallow leak ... so I would be excited if he got in, for that reason!

Also I see Wynn is banned? Huh, I could take that mantel from time to time:

"Sakurai hates smash fans."

Anyway, go Geno!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
And just to get it out of my system I will say this.

If Geno gets in post pass, I'll celebrate with the drink of legends (Monster Zero Ultra)

If we get Sora/Disney and not Geno I'll be drinking the toxic beverage to anyone's masculinity. Soylent

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Seriously? That's even more of a stretch than oracle for Reimu!
At this point, the Phoenix Wright fanbase does big streches for the heck of it. I mean, the Phoenix Wright board has been linking Salurai's pic of the day to AA for the past week or so. Even then, people have pointed out how Athena said that we need more than an entire hand to recreate his spiky hair.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

View attachment 257312
Kind of cracks me up because I guess Dragon Born could fall under this too if Brown implies "a realistic and serious character that does serious things seriously." Or it could imply dog**** and, if that's the case, I've got a lovely list of characters this would fit perfectly wi...

hook-off-stage-gif-6.gif

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
*SSGuy and Serenade have left the chat

...really? Do we really need to crap on Sora again in this thread? I find it extremely hypocritical when people in this thread complain when people dump on Geno and then think it is okay to dump on Sora.

*Someone makes a joke about Sora making it in
"Welp, guess we gotta crap on him and his fans now!"

Speaking of...

No. Just no. Are we really gonna play the game of "this fanbase is worse," again? You're newer here, but even you should know that is pretty immature behavior. Every fanbase has bad spots. I know really awesome and genuine Sora fans, so if we could not play that game and be tribalistic like that, that would be great. There is no need to tear down others' wishes just to prop up your own in attempt to make yourself look better.

Let's just be excited for the Smash presentation and NOT tear other characters and their fanbases now, yeah?
How am I dumping on sora or his fanbase even in the slightest? The reality is, being a square character, Sora is a direct competitor to geno. And even if he wasn't, I'm perfectly allowed to not want a character you absolute cabbage

Droodle

Smash Lord
And just to get it out of my system I will say this.

If Geno gets in post pass, I'll celebrate with the drink of legends (Monster Zero Ultra)

If we get Sora/Disney, I'll be drinking the toxic beverage to anyone's masculinity.....Soylent
I have 0 expectations for either of them; so I'll do the opposite.

If Sora gets in, I'll celebrate by drinking Monster Zero Ultra.

If Geno gets in I'll drink some Soylent Green.

And if Dante gets in I'll celebrate by ordering some Pizza.

Firox

Smash Master
You have to appreciate how utterly psycho the smash fanbase is getting over Sakurai holding up three fingers. That's it. Three Fingers.

"OMG, Sora!"
"No, you cad! It's obviously Reimu!"
"LOUD NOISES!"
"Shut up, it's Phoenix Wright!"
*Cries in Dante*
"Dovahkin 4 ever!"
"You deluded fools! Kneel before Squidward!"

Geez, imagine if Soccerguy flashed his dong or something. The internet would melt.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
It could part of the CHARACTER, rather than the background, so... I think Dragonborn would have brown on him.
db.jpg

Indeed, he does have plenty of brown on him! He would likely use these brighter colors if put into Smash.

And remember, usually part of the character' clothes matches the background for the rest of the fighter's pass:

Joker - Red (goes with his gloves)
Hero - Purple (goes with his robe)
Banjo - Yellow (goes with his shorts)
Terry - Blue (goes with his jeans)

Dragonborn - Brown (goes with the leather on his armor)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom