• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
5. Dovahkin

1. Ryu Hayabusa
2. Reimu
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Dante
5. Master Chief

How do you all feel about this lineup?

Because they all seem the likeliest imo.
I don’t understand how anyone thinks Reimu is at all likely

Like I hate to be that guy, I never want to dump on a character’s likelihood, and I know what people are gonna say, but say what you will about Geno, at least his game came out here

zferolie

Smash Hero
Sorry if I wasn't clear - the background does have to be orange for color theory to be proven "correct" (which, it has been pointed out here before that even if correct, color theory does nothing but limit the characters from 90 billion to 10 thousand), but what makes the background a color is the fact that the color is on the character.

For what it's worth, I disagree that Dragonborn isn't a "high note". With the smash fandom at large, probably not. Even in the wildest of ****posts no one says they want Dragonborn, but in terms of continuing to draw eyes to the kind of phenomenon Smash is? Dragonborn is a tremendously high note.
Ah gotcha about the color thing.

As for dragonborn, skyrim at this point is basically just a meme now. Its on everything so it gettimg into smash would be peak memes. Be honest, how many people still are hype for skyrim? And is skyrim even that huge in japan?

If we would get someone from elderscrolls, it would be something tied to the series as a whole i feel. But thats just my thoughts.

I think Daisy is just a nod to color theory and as long as the FP5 has an orange background, people will say Daisy was alluding to it.
True, its a win win then lol

I don’t understand how anyone thinks Reimu is at all likely

Like I hate to be that guy, I never want to dump on a character’s likelihood, and I know what people are gonna say, but say what you will about Geno, at least his game came out here
Lots of touhou games have been releasing outside of japan the past 3 years. Doujim fan games many of them but those are still touhou games tied to the series, just spin offs really. Woth how ZUN feels about doujin community, those games crossing over to america is just as important as the offical games coming over.

And many touhou games are on the swotch too, AND reimu has been in the same game as kirby!

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

As for dragonborn, skyrim at this point is basically just a meme now. Its on everything so it gettimg into smash would be peak memes. Be honest, how many people still are hype for skyrim? And is skyrim even that huge in japan?

If we would get someone from elderscrolls, it would be something tied to the series as a whole i feel. But thats just my thoughts.

True, its a win win then lol

Lots of touhou games have been releasing outside of japan the past 3 years. Doujim fan games many of them but those are still touhou games tied to the series, just spin offs really. Woth how ZUN feels about doujin community, those games crossing over to america is just as important as the offical games coming over.

And many touhou games are on the swotch too, AND reimu has been in the same game as kirby!

You forgot to mention that the Doujin leak never really got fully debunked as originally thought. Evidence came out that showed the leaker likely wasn’t piggybacking. Not only that, but someone reached out to 5 Doujin circles, and 4 of them also heard that same rumor in private as well.

Throw in increasing fan demand, popularity in Japan, copyright that is practically non existent, ect, and I honestly think she could come after Hayabusa.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
5. Dovahkin

1. Ryu Hayabusa
2. Reimu
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Dante
5. Master Chief

I'd say pretty meh. The only ones that even slightly appeal to me are Dante and master chief (I never owned A PlayStation, and so have never played crash, but I'm definitely ok with him being there) I honestly don't get why people think reimu is so likely.. (or, for that matter, why people are so enamored with her)

Edit: also, I get that hayabusa is an NES icon but I just can't bring myself to care about him at all... In the slightest.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
One of the interviews I posted literally addressed this. Final Fantasy has a history on Nintendo platforms going back more than 30 years. SMT goes back to the SNES and the Persona game I referenced was 2014. Until last summer, there were literally no Devil May Cry games on Nintendo platforms. Yes, he had cameos but even Sakurai himself has said that actually having games on Nintendo platforms is kind of important when it comes to consideration. Literally every character has followed this before their addition. Either their specific game or their series had at least one game on Nintendo platforms before being added. Dante didn't have that until very, very recently.
Stop trying to pigeon hole Joker as truly related to SMT. It's just blatantly not at this point as no part of Joker in Smash has anything to do with SMT, not even in minor ways, it's literally all Persona 3 to 5 content and Atlus goes out of their way to separate them and define them differently. He's a Persona character, and only a modern Persona character at that. There's not really any sort of leg to stand on in attempting to classify him as such or pretend that Joker wasn't almost entirely inspired by Sakurai's love for Persona 5 more specifically. And Persona Q is such a red headed step child of the series that it almost certainly had next to nothing to do with any Persona content in Smash.

But even beyond that, you have Sakurai's interview on Cloud: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/23/nintendo-dream-interview-with-sakurai-part-2/

In this interview, he has comments such as:
"Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves." Which demonstrates he doesn't really care that much and is more focused on the games as a whole rather than specific requirements anyway.

-and-

"At the same time, I think it’s only natural to prioritize the character who enjoys worldwide popularity. I might have had misgivings if Cloud had never appeared on a Nintendo console in any form, though." Which is only in reference to an appearance on a Nintendo console and not even a necessarily definitive one at that since he says "might have had misgivings" and wants to prioritize a globally popular character.

Between Joker and Cloud at this point, there's not really much to stand on requiring a character to be anything other than a "video game character." Dante's a modern icon with global popularity that has appeared on Nintendo consoles before, that's enough to get him since that was enough for other characters to get into Smash. Even the Nintendo appearances is at best, a general rule of thumb I don't think for a second Sakurai would hard enforce when really popular options are on the table.

zferolie

Smash Hero
You forgot to mention that the Doujin leak never really got fully debunked as originally thought. Evidence came out that showed the leaker likely wasn’t piggybacking. Not only that, but someone reached out to 5 Doujin circles, and 4 of them also heard that same rumor in private as well.

Throw in increasing fan demand, popularity in Japan, copyright that is practically non existent, ect, and I honestly think she could come after Hayabusa.
Didnt want to being that up as it would require more explaining, but that is true. Its funny how that doujin rumor still is floating around haha

D

Deleted member

I guess I can just use the same argument everyone else uses and say Skyrim got the perfect Famitsu score and leave it at that, because that's all I know about it, really. I'm not big into The Elder Scrolls and put 10 minutes into Skyrim before dropping it out of boredom. Given that we have Joker instead of a more meaningful SMT rep and the face of Hero in this game isn't Dragon Quest 3's, I sort of feel like the necessity for the OG protagonist or the series staple has gone out the window.

Heoj

Smash Ace
5. Dovahkin

1. Ryu Hayabusa
2. Reimu
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Dante
5. Master Chief

Thats cool and all but... Geno.

Jokes aside i would feel pretty meh about this line-up, Dovahkin and Crash are cool, Dante seems fun but id be sad Phoenix didn't get in, Master Chief is alright and Reimu is meh. Just my personal opinion.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To this I would respond that the Ultimate dev team has been working with Capcom for a bit now (since the negotiations to bring back Ryu and Megaman and add Ken and the Rathalos boss) and Sakurai knows Kamiya really well. It may be the case that a decision to port Devil May Cry to Switch was made concurrently or even after Dante was pegged as DLC. The cuteness with which the DMC team has talked about needing to "consummate" Dante as a character who can be added to Smash implies that it may have been a final detail to work out in the wake of the decision to add Dante. Additionally, we could think about Bayonetta's inclusion as a sign that Sakurai has considered Dante and characters related to his genre for some time.

Basically, I am on board with your idea that Dante would seem to be a year away, but there are some personal and professional connections that Sora ltd has that would make it slightly more plausible for him to have been
negotiated for more efficiently.
I've considered this too. Kamiya and Sakurai probably shoot tequila shots on the weekends but the timing is still off. My big issue isn't just the timing of Kamiya's poll, it's Sakurai saying that the doors of the Fighter's Pass were shut and locked like a month and a half before it. Sakurai literally took to Twitter (in English no less) said "yo, uh... S'up fools? We've already decided the Fighter's Pass so, uh, don't bug us with fan campaigns, aight?" They knew who they wanted, at least the first 5. We have decent evidence that December 2018 was when existential dread started to wash over Sakurai and he thought "****... The Smash fanbase isn't just going to be satisfied with these 5 characters, are they? Goddamnit... GODDAMNIT! *sobs*" Like I outlined, I feel like we have a lot of clues for who Sakurai immediately thought of when he was like "ah **** on toast, I have to make a Season 2, don't I?"

So, like I showed, Kamiya's poll was mid December so what probably happened was that Sakurai knew he wanted "une bebe du Kamiya" for Season 2 and asked his bro who he wanted to add. Said honorary bro then took to Twitter to ask the fans. Dante won overwhelmingly. "Well, ****... There's no DMC games on Nintendo platforms... Let's fix that!" Fast forward to February and Capcom makes an official statement on it saying, and I quote, "Dante can get into Smash if you smelly nerds push for and buy DMC games on Switch." The fanbase obliged. DMC for the Switch came out in June. Now, from an analytical point of view, games usually sell their best their first two weeks and drop off significantly from there. It was a port of an 18 year old game; I can't imagine it did super well, let alone impressive enough to spur the automatic greenlight for Dante in Smash. This is why I don't believe he was greenlit yet when his rumors first came about.

Time has gone on, more games are coming but this was probably always part of the plan. My personal theory is that Dante was probably fully greenlit very recently. The campaign worked to a satisfying degree, "let's get the ****** in Smash." Ironically, I think he's ahead of schedule. The sales of the first two games and interest in the collection were probably enough to tell Sakurai and Kamiya, "yep, Nintendo fans will definitely eat this **** up" and why, again, my current theory is he'll either be the last character of Season 2 or the first character of the Final Season: Sakurai's ****ing Tired.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If Joker weren't already in the Fighter Pass, I would be a little more optimistic for Arle's chances. However, she does have a shot for season 2. Same is definitely true for Geno. I don't see Sega double dipping in the same pass though

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
One of the interviews I posted literally addressed this. Final Fantasy has a history on Nintendo platforms going back more than 30 years. SMT goes back to the SNES and the Persona game I referenced was 2014. Until last summer, there were literally no Devil May Cry games on Nintendo platforms. Yes, he had cameos but even Sakurai himself has said that actually having games on Nintendo platforms is kind of important when it comes to consideration. Literally every character has followed this before their addition. Either their specific game or their series had at least one game on Nintendo platforms before being added. Dante didn't have that until very, very recently.

Are you seriously still trying to push this narrative and gatekeep characters that may not have too much connections to Nintendo?

Sorry, but that boat sailed a long time ago. Any character originating from a video game is fair game now.

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2018/...re-details-about-smash-ultimates-development/

https://nintendoeverything.com/regg...f-dlc-approach-quiet-on-persona-5-for-switch/

Sakurai and Reggie have outright stated that it barely matters, but for some reason, people continue to cling onto this belief to gatekeep characters that they wouldn’t like.

And if Joker really represented SMT, please explain why there is no mention of SMT whatsoever. Not even a mention of Jack Frost.

Atlus has made it clear that SMT and Persona are two separate entities.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Wild guess: FP5 is Asura from Asura's Wrath. Comes with the announcement of a Switch port.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Not to get too off topic, but, Minecraft has sold over 180 million copies, making it the best selling video game of all time. This milestone happened somewhat recently (last year), effectively placing Minecraft over Tetris.
Thanks. I know Wii Sporta held the title for awhile and SMB 1 before that. Minecraft is aided by the fact that it is on every platform imaginable

zferolie

Smash Hero
I guess I can just use the same argument everyone else uses and say Skyrim got the perfect Famitsu score and leave it at that, because that's all I know about it, really. I'm not big into The Elder Scrolls and put 10 minutes into Skyrim before dropping it out of boredom. Given that we have Joker instead of a more meaningful SMT rep and the face of Hero in this game isn't Dragon Quest 3's, I sort of feel like the necessity for the OG protagonist or the series staple has gone out the window.
True, i also tried playing skyrim and gave up in about the same time. Got board, way too open for me to get sucked in and not much of a story i felt. Yeah it got a perfect score in famatsu, but a great game score sadly doesnt always translate to insane sales or lastimg popularity. I mean we see that all the time with games, like beyond good and evil and many other underrated gems

Lyncario

Smash Ace

Droodle

Smash Lord
I've considered this too. Kamiya and Sakurai probably shoot tequila shots on the weekends but the timing is still off. My big issue isn't just the timing of Kamiya's poll, it's Sakurai saying that the doors of the Fighter's Pass were shut and locked like a month and a half before it. Sakurai literally took to Twitter (in English no less) said "yo, uh... S'up fools? We've already decided the Fighter's Pass so, uh, don't bug us with fan campaigns, aight?" They knew who they wanted, at least the first 5. We have decent evidence that December 2018 was when existential dread started to wash over Sakurai and he thought "****... The Smash fanbase isn't just going to be satisfied with these 5 characters, are they? Goddamnit... GODDAMNIT! *sobs*" Like I outlined, I feel like we have a lot of clues for who Sakurai immediately thought of when he was like "ah **** on toast, I have to make a Season 2, don't I?"

So, like I showed, Kamiya's poll was mid December so what probably happened was that Sakurai knew he wanted "une bebe du Kamiya" for Season 2 and asked his bro who he wanted to add. Said honorary bro then took to Twitter to ask the fans. Dante won overwhelmingly. "Well, ****... There's no DMC games on Nintendo platforms... Let's fix that!" Fast forward to February and Capcom makes an official statement on it saying, and I quote, "Dante can get into Smash if you smelly nerds push for and buy DMC games on Switch." The fanbase obliged. DMC for the Switch came out in June. Now, from an analytical point of view, games usually sell their best their first two weeks and drop off significantly from there. It was a port of an 18 year old game; I can't imagine it did super well, let alone impressive enough to spur the automatic greenlight for Dante in Smash. This is why I don't believe he was greenlit yet when his rumors first came about.

Time has gone on, more games are coming but this was probably always part of the plan. My personal theory is that Dante was probably fully greenlit very recently. The campaign worked to a satisfying degree, "let's get the ****** in Smash." Ironically, I think he's ahead of schedule. The sales of the first two games and interest in the collection were probably enough to tell Sakurai and Kamiya, "yep, Nintendo fans will definitely eat this **** up" and why, again, my current theory is he'll either be the last character of Season 2 or the first character of the Final Season: Sakurai's ****ing Tired.
The entirety of your argument lies on the fact that Kamiya's poll somehow was the key in getting Dante in Smash; this likely was not the case. Dante has always been popular, especially since the reveal of DMC 5. Even outside the Smash fanbase. The poll was likely just a "fun" thing that Kamiya wanted to do; I doubt that Kamiya didn't suspect Dante is popular to win the poll from the outset.
True, i also tried playing skyrim and gave up in about the same time. Got board, way too open for me to get sucked in and not much of a story i felt. Yeah it got a perfect score in famatsu, but a great game score sadly doesnt always translate to insane sales or lastimg popularity. I mean we see that all the time with games, like beyond good and evil and many other underrated gems
Well, you're free to dislike the game; but Skyrim has insane sales and lasting popularity. There was a reason why Skyrim was chosen to showcase the reveal of the Switch.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Are you seriously still trying to push this narrative and gatekeep characters that may not have too much connections to Nintendo?

Sorry, but that boat sailed a long time ago. Any character originating from a video game is fair game now.

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2018/...re-details-about-smash-ultimates-development/

https://nintendoeverything.com/regg...f-dlc-approach-quiet-on-persona-5-for-switch/

Sakurai and Reggie have outright stated that it barely matters, but for some reason, people continue to cling onto this belief to gatekeep characters that they wouldn’t like.

And if Joker really represented SMT, please explain why there is no mention of SMT whatsoever. Not even a mention of Jack Frost.

Atlus has made it clear that SMT and Persona are two separate entities.
There's no gatekeeping if the gate was already open. There was a Persona game on the 3DS in 2014 before Smash Ultimate began development. That's kind of the end of it. SMT doesn't even technically have to be considered, it's just kind of extra when you consider the history of both series. On that note, Persona Q covers Persona 3 and 4 and Persona Q 2 was released in Japan in November 2018, shortly before Joker's announcement in December so, yes, Joker even bypassed that formality before being added.

zferolie

Smash Hero
The entirety of your argument lies on the fact that Kamiya's poll somehow was the key in getting Dante in Smash; this likely was not the case. Dante has always been popular, especially since the reveal of DMC 5. Even outside the Smash fanbase. The poll was likely just a "fun" thing that Kamiya wanted to do; I doubt that Kamiya didn't suspect Dante is popular to win the poll from the outset.

Well, you're free to dislike the game; but Skyrim has insane sales and lasting popularity. There was a reason why Skyrim was chosen to showcase the reveal of the Switch.
True... stil i dont think ending on slyrim assume it may have been the final dlc for the game doesnt feel right

volbound1700

Smash Master
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I think thebreason people are considering Reimu is because we have been getting Japan popular characters in FP5 to date. Only Banjo was really popular in the West of the group. Sure the other 3 have minor fanbases but they don't drove hype. People keep expecting similar picks with the future DLC. Hopefully you are right that Sakurai is focus on fan favorites across the board with the new picks but you can't blame people for setting expectations low at this point.

Firox

Smash Master
5. Dovahkin

1. Ryu Hayabusa
2. Reimu
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Dante
5. Master Chief

First and foremost, where the *bleep* is Geno?! And how can you call this list the "most likely" while omitting the fact that Geno has more legit clues, reasoning and fan support (at least within the Smash Community) behind him than any of these? Secondly,

5. Meh, unless they make his moveset really unique

1. Cool
2. Meh
3. Meh
4. Cool
5. Awesome

That's just how I feel.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

If it was obvious then there was literally no point to it than to show people that didn't know it was obvious. That's what we call a critical analysis. People do this all the time. That's why I provided a lot of citations in my big ol' Geno essay because a lot of my talking points are esoteric if you're totally unfamiliar with the character. Yes, Dante's popularity is obvious to us but imagine your typical suit/number chruncher who gives negative ****s about video games and only cares "will this sell?" These are the guys you have to convince to get things greenlit. Yes, if it was just Kamiya and Sakurai's decision, it probably would have happened immediately but there's a lot of red tape to cross with this stuff.

castinets98

Smash Cadet

Yeah, I should note that I think that the poll might just be a charade and that Dante was always going to be the choice for reasons having to do with daddy Nintendo and mommy Capcom. Basically, if there was going to be another Kamiya rep, it wasn't ever going to be anybody but Dante (pour one out for Ammy) because DMC makes up the third pillar of Capcom's new strategy for success TM alongside the relegated Monster Hunter and the spirited away Resident Evil. I'm just saying that there's a plausible reading of Dante talks as preceding even a discussion of porting Devil May Cry, let alone Kamiya's poll, even if I could be persuaded into seeing it otherwise.

I'm still pretty sure 5 is Dragonborn but I'd say that Dante tops my list of "deconfirmed for 5" characters that I am keeping my eye on.

Droodle

Smash Lord
If it was obvious then there was literally no point to it than to show people that didn't know it was obvious. That's what we call a critical analysis. People do this all the time. That's why I provided a lot of citations in my big ol' Geno essay because a lot of my talking points are esoteric if you're totally unfamiliar with the character. Yes, Dante's popularity is obvious to us but imagine your typical suit/number chruncher who gives negative ****s about video games and only cares "will this sell?" These are the guys you have to convince to get things greenlit. Yes, if it was just Kamiya and Sakurai's decision, it probably would have happened immediately but there's a lot of red tape to cross with this stuff.
Except there's no reasonable contest Dante has in that poll, either. You'd have to be a pretty stupid suit if you can't see who the most popular and relevant character among those characters are.

You have:
Dante: A character who'd finally getting another game (DMC 5). Has tons of moveset potential. Who has always been popular, and is seen as the icon of the stylish action game genre. Said character also has the best sales out of all these characters.

Viewtiful Joe: A character who has a cult fanbase, but has nearly no Smash demand. Has gotten no gamea for over a decade, and has nothing in the realm of Dante's popularity.

Amaterasu: Possibly the only "rival" Dante has on the poll, but still not even close. Has gotten no new games in nearly a decade, but the games have slowly increased in popularity due to rereleased. Still nowhere near Dante's popularity.

Wonder Red: Just no. Sure has some cult popularity, but the game failed HARD.

Firox

Smash Master
OK, so besides personal biases and the renown of Skyrim itself, what other evidence do we have that Dovahkin is coming? I've seen and heard nothing outside of hearsay.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
OK, so besides personal biases and the renown of Skyrim itself, what other evidence do we have that Dovahkin is coming? I've seen and heard nothing outside of hearsay.
Process of elimination.

Putting Vergeben and Sabis word together, he seems like the most likely left.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Except there's no reasonable contest Dante has in that poll, either. You'd have to be a pretty stupid suit if you can't see who the most popular and relevant character among those characters are.

You have:
Dante: A character who'd finally getting another game (DMC 5). Has tons of moveset potential. Who has always been popular, and is seen as the icon of the stylish action game genre. Said character also has the best sales out of all these characters.

Viewtiful Joe: A character who has a cult fanbase, but has nearly no Smash demand. Has gotten no gamea for over a decade, and has nothing in the realm of Dante's popularity.

Amaterasu: Possibly the only "rival" Dante has on the poll, but still not even close. Has gotten no new games in nearly a decade, but the games have slowly increased in popularity due to rereleased. Still nowhere near Dante's popularity.

Wonder Red: Just no. Sure has some cult popularity, but the game failed HARD.
It's not a matter of stupidity, it's a matter of showing data in a way that even a toddler could understand. Your typical middle aged Japanese senior executive probably doesn't know what the **** a Viewtiful Joe is or how its popularity compares to whatever the hell a Wonder Red is. You know those videos where people's parents and grandparents try to guess the names of Pokemon/Smash characters? Imagine that but you have to show these same people that one is overwhelmingly the best choice and is a smart thing to invest honest to god money in. How can you demonstrate the objective opportunity cost of video game characters to people who probably aren't gamers? A simple poll. With a simple enough poll, it doesn't even matter if they know who Dante is or not; they can clearly see he's more liked then those other guys by a wide margin. That's the point.

castinets98

Smash Cadet
It's not a matter of stupidity, it's a matter of showing data in a way that even a toddler could understand. Your typical middle aged Japanese senior executive probably doesn't know what the **** a Viewtiful Joe is or how its popularity compares to whatever the hell a Wonder Red is. You know those videos where people's parents and grandparents try to guess the names of Pokemon/Smash characters? Imagine that but you have to show these same people that one is overwhelmingly the best choice and is a smart thing to invest honest to god money in. How can you demonstrate the objective opportunity cost of video game characters to people who probably aren't gamers? A simple poll. With a simple enough poll, it doesn't even matter if they know who Dante is or not; they can clearly see he's more liked then those other guys by a wide margin. That's the point.
This is definitely legit, it's just that Capcom brass has clearly shown that RE, MH and DMC are the three games they would like to promote, so I don't know if any impromptu twitter poll was needed to determine what Capcom's strategy would be for additional Smash content. We've seen that RE and MH likely didn't make the cut as characters and so that leaves only one choice left in the eyes of corporate.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
To get back on topic for Geno stuff, you think Geno merch will become more readily available after he's included in Smash beyond the Amiibo?

castinets98

Smash Cadet
To get back on topic for Geno stuff, you think Geno merch will become more readily available after he's included in Smash beyond the Amiibo?
Who knows. Have you seen a lot of ROB or Ice Climbers merch around?

Lol can we rename this thread the Geno and Spec thread?

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
So we're riding on the assumption that Vergeben and Sabi's word is legit. Got it.

Remember when you said that Geno was the most likely character for post pass?

If you are using Fatman as evidence for him, your argument against Vergeben and Sabi is completely invalid.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To try to stay on topic, I've noticed that all the third party and DLC characters we've gotten so far are all "crossover" characters in one of three ways:

-Their company has developed Nintendo games.

-The characters have appeared in Nintendo franchises or explicitly have Nintendo content in their games.

-The characters are super crossover heavy in general.

Even Dragonborn, Wandlejack, Geno, Lloyd, Crash, Ryu, and Dante all follow this. It's kind of cool.

Droodle

Smash Lord
But assuming that Nintendo/Capcom have any common sense, they'd probably hire people that at the very least know about the difference in popularity of one of Capcom's most popular IP's that is currently relevant vs some of their lesser known series.

On top of this, why the heck would they use a relatively low key fan poll held by Kamiya as some sort of definitive statement of popularity? You hire experts for this, not Twitter. The fan poll literally means nothing at all.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
You better believe some merch will come out of the woodwork. It will probably take some time, but I could see new statues or such for SMRPG.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
To try to stay on topic, I've noticed that all the third party and DLC characters we've gotten so far are all "crossover" characters in one of three ways:

-Their company has developed Nintendo games.

-The characters have appeared in Nintendo franchises or explicitly have Nintendo content in their games.

-The characters are super crossover heavy in general.

Even Dragonborn, Wandlejack, Geno, Lloyd, Crash, Ryu, and Dante all follow this. It's kind of cool.
Doesn't the scope of these three pieces of criteria just naturally cover almost every third party in existence anyway with how broad that is? If a character just has to fit one to be "in the pattern," then you could have almost anybody for the last fighter and have it still work lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom