• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Yeah, you can get one. I'm making them for everybody, basically.

Ok, a quick clarification on the stock images, since I just woke up: Originally, I was going to draw each avatar in the pose of that fighter, which was going to take way longer and more effort than I thought. I decided on doing stock icons but I guess I didn't give the memo across properly and it fell out of proportion. You don't have to worry about fighter now; I'll be making the icons and compiling them all together into one big picture and I'll post each one individually once I finish that one stock specifically.
(ok I know I was joking earlier about it but :ultbowserjr: would actually be sick tyvm)

Shadow Star DX

Smash Cadet
Totally random thought, but for some reason I started imagining how charming it would be if Geno ended up be announced as a Christmas gift of sorts. Supposing FP5 gets announced at the game awards, imagine we get a Smash Direct just before or on Christmas to go into more detail about them with release date and stuff. And then at the very end, Sakurai directs his attention to a present that's been sitting on the table the entire time he was talking and lifts it up to reveal an actual wooden Geno doll and just casually announces that he's free DLC, as a Christmas gift to us all.

I know that wouldn't be the dramatic or triumphant reveal most people want for him, but I just can't help but find that idea so cute, since Geno IS a toy after all.

Side note, now I really want an actual Geno doll to put under my Christmas tree as a decoration...

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Totally random thought, but for some reason I started imagining how charming it would be if Geno ended up be announced as a Christmas gift of sorts. Supposing FP5 gets announced at the game awards, imagine we get a Smash Direct just before or on Christmas to go into more detail about them with release date and stuff. And then at the very end, Sakurai directs his attention to a present that's been sitting on the table the entire time he was talking and lifts it up to reveal an actual wooden Geno doll and just casually announces that he's free DLC, as a Christmas gift to us all.

I know that wouldn't be the dramatic or triumphant reveal most people want for him, but I just can't help but find that idea so cute, since Geno IS a toy after all.

Side note, now I really want an actual Geno doll to put under my Christmas tree as a decoration...
Now I need to see art of Geno whose outfit has been Christmasified.

Ovaltine Ovaltine is this within the realm of your ability?

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you can get one. I'm making them for everybody, basically.

Ok, a quick clarification on the stock images, since I just woke up: Originally, I was going to draw each avatar in the pose of that fighter, which was going to take way longer and more effort than I thought. I decided on doing stock icons but I guess I didn't give the memo across properly and it fell out of proportion. You don't have to worry about fighter now; I'll be making the icons and compiling them all together into one big picture and I'll post each one individually once I finish that one stock specifically.
Could I be added to the icon list please?

D

Deleted member

So let me get this straight, Vergeben has discofirmed Arle and Sakura Wars specifically, but not SEGA as a whole?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
And now Vergeben specifically backtracked on the upgrades to Spirits and Assist Trophy claim. I'm getting a tad suspicious.
That's simply just because he'd asked about those too in his collective. His mistake was assuming his source was referring to everything, as opposed to a few select characters and companies.

D

Deleted member

Im sorry (not)

Jonneh: Leaking stuff as usual.

Vergeben: I gotta have a good leak.

Jonnny Test: Vegeta, you ****ing leaker, you are so big and leaky, why are you so leaking.?

Verga:I leak, Jon, it's what i do. It's time to discomfirm Gordon from the Fighter Pass.

Jonathan Joestar: Don't do it Vergeben, you will ruin the surprise.

Vega: Your going into the discomfirm heaven, you stupid crowbar man *Posts that Gordon is not Fighter Pass 5*

John Cena: VEEEEEEEEERGEEEBEEEEEEEN!

Veggie Burger: Time for a leak, im a poster who loves to spoil.

Joe: VERGEBEN YOU ****ING SPOILER.

Vergeben because i ran out of funny names: I hate Smash Babies. Im bored i want to discomfirm some characters.

Joseph: You are discomfirming everything in speculation, VERNBEGING.

Vertigo: Enough with the chit chat, let's get some discomfirmations going.

*BAD KILL TIME*

Jon: Where is Doomguy?

Verg: I discomfirmed that boi.

Jon: Where are the Falcom Characters?

Verg: I discomfirmed those boiss.

Jon: Where did Arle Nadja went?

Verg:

Jon: You are such a bad user that's it i'v had it with you that does it, IM DONE this is it that's the last ****ing straw VERGEBENINIO.

Last edited by a moderator:

OffBi

Smash Ace
Im sorry (not)

Jon: Leaking stuff as usual.

Vergeben: I gotta have a good leak.

Jonnny Test: Vegeta, you ****ing leaker, you are so big and leaky, why are you so leaking.?

Verga:I leak, Jon, it's what i do. It's time to discomfirm Gordon from the Fighter Pass.

Jonathan Joestar: Don't do it Vergeben, you will ruin the surprise.

Vega: Your going into the discomfirm heaven, you stupid crowbar man *Posts that Gordon is not Fighter Pass 5*

John Cena: VEEEEEEEEERGEEEBEEEEEEEN!

Veggie Burger: Time for a leak, im a poster who loves to spoil.

Joe: VERGEBEN YOU ****ING SPOILER.

Vergeben because i ran out of funny names: I hate Smash Babies. Im bored i want to discomfirm some characters.

Joseph: You are discomfirming everything in speculation, VERNBEGING.

Vertigo: Enough with the chit chat, let's get some discomfirmations going.

*BAD KILL TIME*

Jon: Where is Doomguy?

Verg: I discomfirmed that boi.

Jon: Where are the Falcom Characters?

Verg: I discomfirmed those boiss.

Jon: Where did Arle Nadja went?

Verg:

Jon: You are such a bad user that's it i'v had it with you that does it, IM DONE this is it that's the last ****ing straw VERGEBENINIO.
This is the greatest wall of text I have ever seen
I'm stealing this meme

D

Deleted member

This is the greatest wall of text I have ever seen
I'm stealing this meme
Just post it in the Newcomer/DLC thread for **** and giggles if you want, that's my final message, goodbye:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Good day Genobros!

Say... what would ya'll say if... after Fighter #5 is announced, we see the Mii Costume line up, and in it the Geno Mii Costume shows up. BUT THEN... *Not actual gameplay footage* A cinematic trailer plays [insert detail of cinematic trailer here], and then Geno appears (FINALLY) as a fighter. However, his design has been re-worked from his original one (similar to how Roy got a bit of a makeover when he was brought back to Smash 4). A possible re-design could have him have a blue outfit similar to Pinocchio's (blue shorts with yellow straps; the hat stays roughly the same, as well as the cape). Would ya'll be fine with the re-design?

Possible re-design meaning... a potential Super Mario RPG 2 (legit; not Paper Mario)?!?!?! :2gud:

P.S. - The above was an example re-design.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I'll be recreating this pic:View attachment 251060
Reply with who you want to take the place of. Trust me, you won't be disappointed when I'm through.
Is Mario available if not then Link maybe? But just put me in for Mario. my big boy King K. Rool's probably taken so I'd like to be one kf my three mains if posdible. Also just a couple more days. Till the VGA's thankfully. Almost over if there is no character there that's fine.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Currently at work but a buttload of people have been asking about the Geno essay so I'll just say that I've been going about it at a snail's pace. Bad form on my part so, since my wife will be studying for her finals today, I'll hunker down and try to knock out the essay sometime tonight. People have been waiting so I'll treat it like my term papers in Grad School: coffee until I'm nauceous and fueled by existential dread. If I can't finish the whole thing today, I'll upload parts but my hard deadline for myself will be tomorrow night for everything. Sorry for the wait.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
In no way related to Smash news but... I could see Harada being the man to BTFO any "leaks" regarding Smash as well. :laugh:

Also,
Currently at work but a buttload of people have been asking about the Geno essay so I'll just say that I've been going about it at a snail's pace. Bad form on my part so, since my wife will be studying for her finals today, I'll hunker down and try to knock out the essay sometime tonight. People have been waiting so I'll treat it like my term papers in Grad School: coffee until I'm nauceous and fueled by existential dread. If I can't finish the whole thing today, I'll upload parts but my hard deadline for myself will be tomorrow night for everything. Sorry for the wait.
Don't worry Fatman. Take your time. No need to rush. Your wellbeing is top priority.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Guys, I need your help. I'm wanting to change my username to better reflect my true character and provide a sufficient summary for just how evil I really am. After being exposed and cancelled by Master Detectives™, I need additional help from all of you who I've chronically lied to for years because I'm just that cunning and manipulative. So, which of these four would be best?

-Bad Man Not Nice

-Fraud Man, Full O'Vice

-Fat Man on Thin Ice

- Fraud, Sin, and Vice

Also, I found my theme song so, whenever I come into the thread, just think of this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QxJrjV4PNXA

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Guys, I need your help. I'm wanting to change my username to better reflect my true character and provide a sufficient summary for just how evil I really am. After being exposed and cancelled by Master Detectives™, I need additional help from all of you who I've chronically lied to for years because I'm just that cunning and manipulative. So, which of these four would be best?

-Bad Man Not Nice

-Fraud Man, Full O'Vice

-Fat Man on Thin Ice

- Fraud, Sin, and Vice

Also, I found my theme song so, whenever I come into the thread, just think of this:

Fat Man On Thin Ice is my favorite

link2702

Smash Champion
Good day Genobros!

Say... what would ya'll say if... after Fighter #5 is announced, we see the Mii Costume line up, and in it the Geno Mii Costume shows up. BUT THEN... *Not actual gameplay footage* A cinematic trailer plays [insert detail of cinematic trailer here], and then Geno appears (FINALLY) as a fighter. However, his design has been re-worked from his original one (similar to how Roy got a bit of a makeover when he was brought back to Smash 4). A possible re-design could have him have a blue outfit similar to Pinocchio's (blue shorts with yellow straps; the hat stays roughly the same, as well as the cape). Would ya'll be fine with the re-design?

Possible re-design meaning... a potential Super Mario RPG 2 (legit; not Paper Mario)?!?!?! :2gud:

P.S. - The above was an example re-design.
I wouldn’t mind a slight redesign, as his original will look...a little awkward in full 3d as he’s more or less a naked doll.

I kinda feel something similar to my avatar would be neat, the artist who made it did so as him reimagining how geno might look in a kingdom hearts game.

Edit which btw I really need tofix this avy... i just grabbed it an used it, but the text in corner just cuts off and honestly I’d rather remove it, and it should show his whole body clearer.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

-Bad Man Not Nice

-Fraud Man, Full O'Vice

-Fat Man on Thin Ice

- Fraud, Sin, and Vice

Roasted man with a side of rice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-Bad Man Not Nice

-Fraud Man, Full O'Vice

-Fat Man on Thin Ice

- Fraud, Sin, and Vice

Fatman

Just Fatman.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Ok, just a regular tweet reminding of the 1st Year Anniversary. However, I swear I saw earlier that the official Final Fantasy and Square Enix twitter accounts liked this tweet, and now they're not showing up on either the Likes, or Retweets list.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Ok, just a regular tweet reminding of the 1st Year Anniversary. However, I swear I saw earlier that the official Final Fantasy and Square Enix twitter accounts liked this tweet, and now they're not showing up on either the Likes, or Retweets list.

So you're saying there's a chance

RIt7mmYn_400x400.jpg

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

-Bad Man Not Nice

-Fraud Man, Full O'Vice

-Fat Man on Thin Ice

- Fraud, Sin, and Vice

Honestly Badmannotnice has a nice ring to it, but you can't deny the sheer irony of fatmanonthinice.
Also I love me some voltaire, thank you for this.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Saw the verge update

Well minor fate is restored but lost quite a bit of faith in him due to that but anyway

Waluligi and Phoenix wright may be back on the table but this is the real person back on the table

D

Deleted member

Fat Man on Thin Ice. Also don't worry about the Geno was essay take your time we're here waiting.

We can wait a bit longer.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Twitter likes really don't mean anything. Brands interact with each other all the time. It could just be because Hero is in the image.

D

Deleted member

-Bad Man Not Nice

-Fraud Man, Full O'Vice

-Fat Man on Thin Ice

- Fraud, Sin, and Vice

Thin Man on Fire is my choice.

D

Deleted member

Today I finally went to my uncle’s home and met again with his cat (who saddly got missing a few days ago but thankfully returned back home some days later).

You should be lucky we have a lot of genos
Franco is literally just geno
Ovaltine is Kawaii Geno
Serenade is Geno with a hat
DatboiGeno is geno with sunglasses
Link is Geno with a different design
This post reminds me of how everyone at the Erdrick thread had Dragon Quest emotes back then, lol.

It is a cool trope of character support threads which I dig a lot.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Sometimes I wonder if like, Japan's version of 4chan has the same leak crap we deal with. There was a leak earlier this year that came from it but we've not check in there since

D

Deleted member

Vergeben has discomfirmed Arle and Sakura, but Sega is technically still on the table. Do you know what that means?

AXEL STONE

BRINGS THE RAGE.

Sometimes I wonder if like, Japan's version of 4chan has the same leak crap we deal with. There was a leak earlier this year that came from it but we've not check in there since
If you mean 2ch or something like that, they definetly do. It's just that because there's really no reason for westerners to go out and look for japanese rumors when the english ones don't fare any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom