• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Even the famous ESRB leak lied about having additional information than what he specifically knew

D

Deleted member

Still a nice try though so kudos to who did it.

I mean it's hope for the real thing, and makes me want.

The Sqaure Enix rep to be confirmed as Geno so we could finally have him in game.

Sakurai and team will do his design justice Ridley, and King K. Rool look perfect. So If they'd could do them right they would do the same for Geno.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I'm not liking these two Geno pictures, but I would go with the second one if I had to pick between the two. It's the character select one.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
nintendosmashdirect.png

It's time guys! This was a flub on Nintendo's part, but it may mean there is an upcoming Smash direct soon!

Let's begin wishing upon the star road for Geno's return!

Edit:

False Alarm guys, it definitely is fake. Keep on the wishing though! We're so close regardless!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean Bloody/Tears Monsters Dance from Castlevania II was accidently leaked before the August Smash direct. So even Nintendo flubs every now and then. But I doubt something that big would leak. It's their big holiday title, so they would not want anything big for the game to leak. Although that has happened anyway big title for them, so I doubt stuff would leak.

But who knows, but your right we're getting something when? Who knows but soon most Definetly just hoping Geno is part of what's announced.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
View attachment 169828

It's time guys! This was a flub on Nintendo's part, but it may mean there is an upcoming Smash direct soon!

Edit:

False Alarm guys, it definitely is fake. Keep on the wishing though! We're so close regardless!
We’re still likely to get a Lucina/Robin esque like trailer this month and get the second smash direct in November

Hopefully a “smash ultimate 50 facts extravaganza”

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We’re still likely to get a Lucina/Robin esque like trailer this month and get the second smash direct in November

Hopefully a “smash ultimate 50 facts extravaganza”
What is a Lucina/ Robin-esque trailer?

I don't really expect 2 characters from the same series to come to smash this time around

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What is a Lucina/ Robin-esque trailer?

I don't really expect 2 characters from the same series to come to smash this time around
A unique fighter and a Echo Fighter being shown off in the same trailer like :ultsimon: and :ultrichter:.

Edit: I could see them revealing both Tails and Shadow this way together.

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
Since we already got that in Simon and Richter I kind of don't think we're going to get another one
Hindsight is 20/20, but how cool would that trailer have been if they revealed it around now (Halloween time). Missed opportunity in my opinion.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
View attachment 169828

Edit:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!! PANIC UNCONTROLLABLY UNTIL A DIRECT ACTUALLY HAPPENS!!!!

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
THIS IS NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!! PANIC UNCONTROLLABLY UNTIL A DIRECT ACTUALLY HAPPENS!!!!
Sooo... was this just an actual flub on Nintendo’s part, or was it just another fake “leak” ?

D

Deleted member

Up in the air. But who knows.

The main thing could mean something is coming.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, here's an interesting thought. How do you think Square would make original characters for a potential SMRPG sequel? Will they make something entirely new, or will they go along the Paper Mario party member route? Either way is fine, but I would prefer something entirely new. Even Paper Mario understood making 100% new party members like Vivian.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

I ended up finding a curious information about how many characters will be in the base roster. This store is describing the game with 71 playable characters. I particularly think that this number is so specific that it is probably some information given by Nintendo, I do not think the store would have specifically written that number (instead of a 70) if it was just a speculative argument. Mainly because someone could complain about the ad saying something that does not match the product.
Even if Vergeben is correct then besides Ken and Incineroar we could also get the Square rep still in the base game.

Also, having only 3 empty slots remaining probably means that we will only get 1 Nintendo Direct until the game's launch.

So let's go Genobros, likely the next Nintendo Direct is the one we've been waiting for so long! And now we have 3 slots for Geno if you don't believe Vergeben and 1 if you do believe!

Source: https://www.game.co.uk/en/super-smash-bros-ultimate-limited-edition-steelbook-2493121

EDIT: I know that we have 72 characters right now but if we look only at new characters, then Isabelle is 68, meaning 3+ new fighters!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys,

I ended up finding a curious information about how many characters will be in the base roster. This store is describing the game with 71 playable characters. I particularly think that this number is so specific that it is probably some information given by Nintendo, I do not think the store would have specifically written that number (instead of a 70) if it was just a speculative argument. Mainly because someone could complain about the ad saying something that does not match the product.
Even if Vergeben is correct then besides Ken and Incineroar we could also get the Square rep still in the base game.

Also, having only 3 empty slots remaining probably means that we will only get 1 Nintendo Direct until the game's launch.

So let's go Genobros, likely the next Nintendo Direct is the one we've been waiting for so long! And now we have 3 slots for Geno if you don't believe Vergeben and 1 if you do believe!

Source: https://www.game.co.uk/en/super-smash-bros-ultimate-limited-edition-steelbook-2493121

EDIT: I know that we have 72 characters right now but if we look only at new characters, then Isabelle is 68, meaning 3+ new fighters!
Still don't know if we're getting anything this week. But if we do well... Yeah still don't believe it. Regardless look forward to news whenever that is. And thanks for the update Necro Toad 71 is fine, we'll find out if it's anything.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Hey guys,

Is this gonna be the next big theory everyone's gonna hop onto? I hate these 'big definitive theories' tbh

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Hey guys,

This takes place prior to Isabelle. Thus, the 71 characters in that scenario. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Soooo... Anyone hoping for a Direct in at the very least Late October?
I am. 2 reasons why it should be in October and NOT in Nov. 1. Game ships - legit leaks WILL happen. 2. A direct in Nov for smash will overtake the POKEMON LETS GO Eevee/PIkachu thingy. Nov should all be about Pokemon. Im hoping for something for in October. :) First possible announcement is @ 7AM PST on 10/15/18. So lets just wait and see ! :D

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I am. 2 reasons why it should be in October and NOT in Nov. 1. Game ships - legit leaks WILL happen. 2. A direct in Nov for smash will overtake the POKEMON LETS GO Eevee/PIkachu thingy. Nov should all be about Pokemon. Im hoping for something for in October. :) First possible announcement is @ 7AM PST on 10/15/18. So lets just wait and see ! :D
oh good point. don't want the news to be circling around smash again during pokemon's release. it would be better to get it all out there, let the hype have it's time. and then let people focus on pokemon. as well as get it out before major distribution happens. I mean I think people are overestimated how soon review copies go out. it's also possible they won't send out early review copies. but something could leak during the manufacturing of the disks and various other promotional gear. so probably need to have that final direct come soonish.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So I've been thinking about how many characters we could possibly have left, and one thing that keeps sticking in my mind is that Smashdown should have a number of characters that is evenly divisible between two, three and four players. Now many people thought this meant we would get 72 characters, but I believe echos count as separate characters in the mode as if I remember correctly it shows Peach available even though Daisy has been picked already. This means that as far as Smashdown is concerned we already have a perfectly divisible amount of fighters...but we haven't seen all the fighters yet.

Thus I would like to propose some speculation (a new theory, perhaps?), based on information we've gotten so far: I think we will have 84 fighters at launch, echoes included. This may sound ludicrous, but hear me out.

-84 is the next number up that is perfectly divisible by two, three and four. Next one past that is 96.
-Wouldn't it
-Sakurai said we are slowing down on character reveals, so with this much time left, I doubt we would get 24 more character announcements. 12 could still be reasonable in the amount of time we have left, especially if the character split favors echos as her has shown before that he will dump multiple echo reveals on us at a time.
-12 more characters would make it a total of 21 with echos included (matching the number of newcomers in Smash 4), but if you look at just unique characters and ASSUMING that the character split is an even 6 unique/6 echos, that comes out to just 11 newcomers (which is three less than the number of newcomers in Melee). In that light, Sakurai wouldn't technically be going against his word with 'don't expect to many new characters.'
-This works with or without CoroCoro...I'll elaborate: If CoroCoro is correct (which is likely) then we are only getting five more stages, and out of 12 more characters and once again ASSUMING an even 6/6 split and knowing that characters can come without a stage (no echos have come with a stage on their own, Ridley, K.Rool and Isabelle did not come with stages) it could work just fine. If the 12 character split isn't even and/or we get stages that are not tied to a character, it still works fine. Now, if CoroCoro is somehow WRONG and we get less or more stages this still works for the above reasons but ALSO because everyone just assumed the last blank stage space would be saved for a button for custom stages or DLC, but it could easily be another stage that could either be tied to another character or not. I bring this up because a button could easily be put elsewhere as seen before with Smash 4 and it is entirely possible that all our new stages will be tied to a character.
-This checks out with Vergeben, considering he's only pointed at 3 characters, one of which is an echo and that the MC representation hasn't been determined on exactly how it will be represented. So far all 3rd party characters have come with a stage and every Smash has gotten a new Pokemon stage, so at most we are looking at 3 uniques (SE Rep, Incineroar and possible Steve), 1 echo (Ken), and 3 stages (SE Rep stage, new Pokemon stage, possible MC stage regardless of Steve). That leaves us with minimum two stages unaccounted for, which I highly doubt both will be untied to a character.
-This works out from marketing standpoint. Think about this for a moment: Sakurai is advertising this as 'Ultimate', as 'Everyone Is Here!', like this is the biggest Smash that has ever been or ever will be and that 'Everyone Is Here!' includes not only fighters we have lost in the past and all our current ones, but also those we have asked for for over a decade. He has the Brawl polls, he has the Smash Ballot, and he KNOWS what we want...so how much sense does it make to end with a Pokemon reveal that we all expect but aren't super excited for, and echo we all expect but aren't super excited for, and one possible major reveal that could either make us lose our mind or piss us off (Geno or any SE rep that isn't Geno, DX) and then just end it there with three more stage drops and info on the single player mode? It really doesn't make sense, because that would mean Sakurai would be ignoring the fans who've cried out for Issac or BWD or B&K or Rayman for YEARS when he took the time to make this game as perfect and amazing as he possibly can. Go back and look at the hard work that has been done on remaking Melee stages and putting in tons of options and game modes and accepting the competitive side of the game and implementing things towards that side without taking away from the casual fun...look at how badass the characters and stages are (as per usual, but still that takes a lot of work) and how he has so far seemingly listened to everything we've ever said. Now, how much sense would it make to drop off hard here after the hype train has been going so hard that we are here in real time dying for more information and clawing at every source we find regardless of credibility? It makes no sense at all.
-It works out from a community standpoint. Having a maximum of 6 newcomers would mean likely getting all the highly requested character us older fans have asked for and still having room for odd picks or modern fans plus a pool of echos to sprinkle about and please everyone. It would be the ideal scenario, the Ultimate Holy Land, where no older fan picks are cut and Issac and fight alongside Geno and the bear and bird make an equally epic comeback. As much as it sounds ridiculous, it can also be completely possible.

Honestly, I feel the only issue here is time when considering what Sakurai has said thus far, but he could just be pulling our leg as always.

I suppose time will tell, but I think I may be on to something guys.

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
So I've been thinking about how many characters we could possibly have left, and one thing that keeps sticking in my mind is that Smashdown should have a number of characters that is evenly divisible between two, three and four players. Now many people thought this meant we would get 72 characters, but I believe echos count as separate characters in the mode as if I remember correctly it shows Peach available even though Daisy has been picked already. This means that as far as Smashdown is concerned we already have a perfectly divisible amount of fighters...but we haven't seen all the fighters yet.

Thus I would like to propose some speculation (a new theory, perhaps?), based on information we've gotten so far: I think we will have 84 fighters at launch, echoes included. This may sound ludicrous, but hear me out.

-84 is the next number up that is perfectly divisible by two, three and four. Next one past that is 96.
-Wouldn't it
-Sakurai said we are slowing down on character reveals, so with this much time left, I doubt we would get 24 more character announcements. 12 could still be reasonable in the amount of time we have left, especially if the character split favors echos as her has shown before that he will dump multiple echo reveals on us at a time.
-12 more characters would make it a total of 21 with echos included (matching the number of newcomers in Smash 4), but if you look at just unique characters and ASSUMING that the character split is an even 6 unique/6 echos, that comes out to just 11 newcomers (which is three less than the number of newcomers in Melee). In that light, Sakurai wouldn't technically be going against his word with 'don't expect to many new characters.'
-This works with or without CoroCoro...I'll elaborate: If CoroCoro is correct (which is likely) then we are only getting five more stages, and out of 12 more characters and once again ASSUMING an even 6/6 split and knowing that characters can come without a stage (no echos have come with a stage on their own, Ridley, K.Rool and Isabelle did not come with stages) it could work just fine. If the 12 character split isn't even and/or we get stages that are not tied to a character, it still works fine. Now, if CoroCoro is somehow WRONG and we get less or more stages this still works for the above reasons but ALSO because everyone just assumed the last blank stage space would be saved for a button for custom stages or DLC, but it could easily be another stage that could either be tied to another character or not. I bring this up because a button could easily be put elsewhere as seen before with Smash 4 and it is entirely possible that all our new stages will be tied to a character.
-This checks out with Vergeben, considering he's only pointed at 3 characters, one of which is an echo and that the MC representation hasn't been determined on exactly how it will be represented. So far all 3rd party characters have come with a stage and every Smash has gotten a new Pokemon stage, so at most we are looking at 3 uniques (SE Rep, Incineroar and possible Steve), 1 echo (Ken), and 3 stages (SE Rep stage, new Pokemon stage, possible MC stage regardless of Steve). That leaves us with minimum two stages unaccounted for, which I highly doubt both will be untied to a character.
-This works out from marketing standpoint. Think about this for a moment: Sakurai is advertising this as 'Ultimate', as 'Everyone Is Here!', like this is the biggest Smash that has ever been or ever will be and that 'Everyone Is Here!' includes not only fighters we have lost in the past and all our current ones, but also those we have asked for for over a decade. He has the Brawl polls, he has the Smash Ballot, and he KNOWS what we want...so how much sense does it make to end with a Pokemon reveal that we all expect but aren't super excited for, and echo we all expect but aren't super excited for, and one possible major reveal that could either make us lose our mind or piss us off (Geno or any SE rep that isn't Geno, DX) and then just end it there with three more stage drops and info on the single player mode? It really doesn't make sense, because that would mean Sakurai would be ignoring the fans who've cried out for Issac or BWD or B&K or Rayman for YEARS when he took the time to make this game as perfect and amazing as he possibly can. Go back and look at the hard work that has been done on remaking Melee stages and putting in tons of options and game modes and accepting the competitive side of the game and implementing things towards that side without taking away from the casual fun...look at how badass the characters and stages are (as per usual, but still that takes a lot of work) and how he has so far seemingly listened to everything we've ever said. Now, how much sense would it make to drop off hard here after the hype train has been going so hard that we are here in real time dying for more information and clawing at every source we find regardless of credibility? It makes no sense at all.
-It works out from a community standpoint. Having a maximum of 6 newcomers would mean likely getting all the highly requested character us older fans have asked for and still having room for odd picks or modern fans plus a pool of echos to sprinkle about and please everyone. It would be the ideal scenario, the Ultimate Holy Land, where no older fan picks are cut and Issac and fight alongside Geno and the bear and bird make an equally epic comeback. As much as it sounds ridiculous, it can also be completely possible.

Honestly, I feel the only issue here is time when considering what Sakurai has said thus far, but he could just be pulling our leg as always.

I suppose time will tell, but I think I may be on to something guys.
I think 12 (minus Ken, Inceroar, Ken, w/ one or two more surprised, and hopefully, geno) would be a reasonable number after DLC, but I struggle to imagine getting 12 reveals in two months with the way they have been handled thus far.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I think 12 (minus Ken, Inceroar, Ken, w/ one or two more surprised, and hopefully, geno) would be a reasonable number after DLC, but I struggle to imagine getting 12 reveals in two months with the way they have been handled thus far.
So I feel you on a final roster, post-DLC of 84 characters but...what is the point of having Smashdown as a playable mode if it doesn't divide evenly? Would you be suggesting that Smashdown won't be playable until after DLC? That would be fine, but then why show it off on the August Direct if it's not a base game feature?

That's my biggest issue: Sakurai is not a dummy, and thus I think he's holding out on us.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Also do we actually know if smash down can be played with 8 players or not? how does that effect the division? because we saw there is not a designated 8 player mode anymore. I mean I don't see them limiting smash down from being played with 8 players. all it effects is character choice

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The only way to have SmashDown work is to either eliminate the lowest placing people when the roster dries up, or allow anyone for the final round if the characters are used up. The game has to accommodate you not having every character unlocked and eventual DLC. So trying to predict anything out of it is completely unreasonable in my mind. The compromise is definitely going to be for the mode itself and it’s mechanics, not hitting some arbitrary number to make the mode work perfectly for 2,3, and 4 Fighters. I doubt Sakurai even had the mode conceived of that seriously when he selected characters first like always

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
The only way to have SmashDown work is to either eliminate the lowest placing people when the roster dries up, or allow anyone for the final round if the characters are used up. The game has to accommodate you not having every character unlocked and eventual DLC. So trying to predict anything out of it is completely unreasonable in my mind. The compromise is definitely going to be for the mode itself and it’s mechanics, not hitting some arbitrary number to make the mode work perfectly for 2,3, and 4 Fighters. I doubt Sakurai even had the mode conceived of that seriously when he selected characters first like always
exactly. the entirety of smash ultimate and it's cast isn't revolved around this one mode. and with how they decide on the cast early on the final roster was most likely finalized long before smash down was even a thing.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I'm not inclined to think Smashdown has any bearing on the total number of fighters, because of how the characters are unlocked. You start with the original 8--so is the mode going to be completely unavailable to play once you unlock a single additional character, and stay unplayable until you hit the next divisible number of fighters?

Nah, it wouldn't make sense to make a mode you can only play some of the time, especially when it's a competitive multiplayer mode (unlike All Star.) Additionally, we've seen the Smashdown screen working without the full roster, so we know it's not an All Star situation, where you must unlock everyone first.

Most likely, you'll simply be prompted to remove a few characters if the numbers are uneven. Makes more sense to have control over the total character pool anyhow.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm not inclined to think Smashdown has any bearing on the total number of fighters, because of how the characters are unlocked. You start with the original 8--so is the mode going to be completely unavailable to play once you unlock a single additional character, and stay unplayable until you hit the next divisible number of fighters?

Nah, it wouldn't make sense to make a mode you can only play some of the time, especially when it's a competitive multiplayer mode (unlike All Star.) Additionally, we've seen the Smashdown screen working without the full roster, so we know it's not an All Star situation, where you must unlock everyone first.

Most likely, you'll simply be prompted to remove a few characters if the numbers are uneven. Makes more sense to have control over the total character pool anyhow.
Fair enough, but that seems like a really odd design choice frankly.

I still think we are getting more newcomers than people are thinking though. I wouldn't be surprised if we did get 12 more characters, but we are at least getting 6. There is no way so many fan favorites don't make the cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom