• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
It does make sense-- Pokemon Direct with a trailer at the end featuring the Pokemon rep newcomer(s) Incineroar + Scepitile (or another final evolution grass starter!)

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
While you may have been worrying about Geno because SE would pick more towards other relevant characters, keep in mind that Sakurai is the ONE who decides the characters!

I found someone talking about this at Smash Discussion so I want to show you it.

It may raises Geno chances!

According to Source Gaming!, it sounds like third party characters (especially with Square Enix) is more a matter of who Sakurai asks for, rather than who the other company puts on the table. This means that it is up to Sakurai's decision to choose the characters NOT SE.

Even if Square Enix doesn't approve of the idea of Geno as a playable character, then it doesn't matter. Even Sakurai himself stated that "Both companies have to want the character to join the battle"

With Sakurai wanting to include Geno since Brawl, it is likely that the next SE rep will be Geno!

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
You can still refuse to trust Vergeben, no problem about it but in my opinion, you'll be disappointed.
I mean nothing will happen to me if I don't trust this guy. I have no stake in not trusting Vergeben and no one does. And besides the characters that I'd like to see in Smash, which are very unlikely of being newcomers and I've made peace with it a while ago, I'll have nothing to be disappointed about. Every playable character in Smash was already enough for me, everything that comes after is just extra for me.

My post earlier was just me wanting everyone to hype responsibly. I get the feeling that there's going to be some big letdowns once we know the final roster. I've learned that the hard way after Brawl's full roster was leaked.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The only question would be if Square Enix "wants" Geno, however since they let Sakurai have his likeness as a Mii costume, and they seem like they would've let Sakurai have any Final Fantasy character, this shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
I mean nothing will happen to me if I don't trust this guy. I have no stake in not trusting Vergeben and no one does. And besides the characters that I'd like to see in Smash, which are very unlikely of being newcomers and I've made peace with it a while ago, I'll have nothing to be disappointed about. Every playable character in Smash was already enough for me, everything that comes after is just extra for me.

My post earlier was just me wanting everyone to hype responsibly. I get the feeling that there's going to be some big letdowns once we know the final roster. I've learned that the hard way after Brawl's full roster was leaked.
This will always happen so its a good thing to remind people to hype responsibly. In a perfect world everyone will be pleased. Every single iteration of Smash will disappoint someone from somewhere. =/

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Almost Page 200 hype!

Gonna update the supporter list soon. Maybe by the end of the day.

Haven't been feeling good lately.

Almost Page 200 hype!

Gonna update the supporter list soon. Maybe by the end of the day.

Haven't been feeling good lately.
Cool, can't wait to see my name in there.

In the meantime, I'm gonna keep thinking happy thoughts about Geno in Smash Bros. It feels surreal, knowing that his candle just might reawaken in less than 2 months.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
This will always happen so its a good thing to remind people to hype responsibly. In a perfect world everyone will be pleased. Every single iteration of Smash will disappoint someone from somewhere. =/
oh there are likely already some people already disappointed. a Waluigi fan mad that he's not in the game talking like he won't even buy the game. stubborn enough to not get in on launch day. but then after playing it while at a friends place and seeing how amazing it is reluctantly admits how awesome the game is and gets it anyway ;)

I mean no matter what it's still a whole new smash game! and with all the love Sakurai puts into these games that's all we need to love it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yous got this, 200 pages is a pretty cool milestone, i feel.

And it's true, sakurai and the team does put a lot of love into the game.
I'd like to remember that more often instead of wondering about if a character will be in or not.
(not that I couldn't do both :p)

Geno for smash!

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
God, what is with all these trash leaks recently that I unfortunately know about thanks to one LaxChris?

Seriously, when they don't completely fail on 100% facts like saying we are getting less than 108 stages or forgetting that Isabelle is a thing, they are unoriginal and predictable ('I work at Nintendo', giving the life story, 'You don't have to believe me') or extra unoriginal and lazy (copying other people's leaks and making small edits or going against Vergeben and trying to discredit him).

Seriously, it's these ♥♪!?ing ridiculous leaks that makes me wish Sakurai would just throw out a direct right now.

I half wanna make my own fake leak and show them how it's done.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
How smash characters are determined:

*Sakurai lurks smashboards*
“This Guy Geno has got a really long discussion thread again. Weird. Let’s do that one.”

^Wishful thinking, right here.

TBone06

Smash Ace
How smash characters are determined:

*Sakurai lurks smashboards*
“This Guy Geno has got a really long discussion thread again. Weird. Let’s do that one.”

^Wishful thinking, right here.
I've always wondered if Sakurai's people patrols the interwebs and find out what the fan bases are most interested in. I wouldn't think so, that would make sense.

gebi

Cloud Prince
It does make sense-- Pokemon Direct with a trailer at the end featuring the Pokemon rep newcomer(s) Incineroar + Scepitile (or another final evolution grass starter!)
with how little the newcomer space is this this around i doubt we will be getting two Pokemon newcomers sadly unless one is an echo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
While you may have been worrying about Geno because SE would pick more towards other relevant characters, keep in mind that Sakurai is the ONE who decides the characters!

I found someone talking about this at Smash Discussion so I want to show you it.

It may raises Geno chances!

According to Source Gaming!, it sounds like third party characters (especially with Square Enix) is more a matter of who Sakurai asks for, rather than who the other company puts on the table. This means that it is up to Sakurai's decision to choose the characters NOT SE.

Even if Square Enix doesn't approve of the idea of Geno as a playable character, then it doesn't matter. Even Sakurai himself stated that "Both companies have to want the character to join the battle"

With Sakurai wanting to include Geno since Brawl, it is likely that the next SE rep will be Geno!
I guess in that case, it's really just up to Square if we're getting Geno or not.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I guess in that case, it's really just up to Square if we're getting Geno or not.
Shall I gather the largest angriest mob and load them down with torches, pitchforks, and pots of boiling tar to assail Square Enix's stronghold and force them to consent to Geno the persuassion committee mi-lord?

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
An early congrats to everyone on getting to 200 pages! I have a good feeling about our boy!

Last edited:

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
Friendly reminder every Smash Bros game has had a unique Mario or Mario-Spinoff newcomer.

Taking this into consideration(and ignoring Daisy because she's an echo) is another reasonable point to keep in mind.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
If you use 30 Goldpoints on MyNintendo, you get a 40% Discount on Super Mario RPG (at least in Europe)!! Maybe.... maybe this is a good sign?!

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
So everybody here really is just as bored and thirsty for information as I've been told.

December 7th can't get here soon enough.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Really wish they'd put SMRPG on the Switch eshop.
Hell, I just wish they had SNES games on the eshop.

CF711

Smash Apprentice
This and an HD remake/remaster of SMRPG or sequel to SMRPG, especially if Geno gets revealed. :grin:
Please. I would love to see an HD remake or a sequel, especially if the bring back a lot of the favorite characters and create some new ones/bring some ones over from the current Mario universe.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Please. I would love to see an HD remake or a sequel, especially if the bring back a lot of the favorite characters and create some new ones/bring some ones over from the current Mario universe.
Maybe they can give Waluigi a role and then he can be in the next Smash Bros once he’s been in a “real” Mario Game! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

slopdop

Smash Cadet
Wishful thinking but now that Luigi's Mansion 3DS and Starlink are out I'm hoping this helps clear the way for something new Smash releated within the next couple weeks. They'll probably need to have an open week before Pokemon Let's Go comes out for advertising.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Woof, when you try to make your excitement about possible events funnier by not including text only to get warned about rule breaking for spam. Feels like my entire life nowadays when I try to be humorous.

Time for some more speculation from my fellow blue puppet lovers: if we do get something on the 18th, what do you think will be contained in this apparently important event? Is this similar to the 'closed-door' event we heard about before, or does this seem bigger and more promising?

EDIT: Probably should have what I think it will contain. I think we are going to get at least three character reveals with two of them being unique and a stage or two to go with that and story mode will be unraveled as well as some more items and modes, but Sakurai will bring up something that will not be explained until November.

Last edited:

FCZHornet

Smash Apprentice
I think the next direct will be a full info dump. Remaining characters, stages, modes, everything. That way they get ahead of the inevitable full leaks in November when people get copies of the game.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
1. A bar would have a lot of older Nintendo fans...
2. Geno would be most appealing to older Nintendo fans...

I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Now that I think about it bars are actually a great place for Smash announcements to take place.

If a hype character gets in, you'll be with a large group of like-minded people to be excited with.
If a lame, crappy addition is shown off, or a hyped character gets deconfirmed, then people can drink their sorrow away.

Sakurai is stepping his Smash reveal game up.

domriver

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it bars are actually a great place for Smash announcements to take place.

If a hype character gets in, you'll be with a large group of like-minded people to be excited with.
If a lame, crappy addition is shown off, or a hyped character gets deconfirmed, then people can drink their sorrow away.

Sakurai is stepping his Smash reveal game up.
At least by tomorrow we should know something hopefully :D

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
While you may groan about Matpat from GameTheory, near the end of his video, he put this in:
View attachment 170148

So it seems like he supports Geno! Neat!
While I watch him for purely entertainment purposes and nothing else, I'm happy he supports Geno and I really hope he comes back to crunch the final numbers for Ultimate both when it launches and after DLC just to see if we can reach a number that has no name. We could call it...the Sakuraiplex!

link2702

Smash Champion
While you may groan about Matpat from GameTheory, near the end of his video, he put this in:
View attachment 170148

So it seems like he supports Geno! Neat!
I still didn’t understand all the hate mattpatt got for his undertale theory. It was a solid actual believable theory.

Maybe he should have been more clear that the whole “sans is ness” thing, was what the creator of undertale wanted and implied, and not something Nintendo officially supported, because that seemed to be the thing that triggered folks so much.

But then again it should have been so obvious as not needing to be stated.

Now of course I can understand some folks who’ve disliked gt more recently, as game theory no longer takes time to put out quality theories like the undertale one or how links hookshot would be deadly, as now he just churns out as many half assed ones as possible to meet a quota and make money, essentially becoming more or less a typical tv show, complete with a legal team that keeps him from getting too wild with his theories. Or in the case of fnaf or that stupid duck Hunt inspired game where the dog warps out of the tv to try and kill people, game theory videos are nothing but paid promotions for certain games.

Still, there was a time when game theory was good, and imo the undertale theory was still around that time period.

Part of me really wishes he would drop the current model for game theory and just go back to how it was before he was on the YouTube payroll, ditch the legal team, don’t bother caring on whether it’s a money maker or not, and take some time to create a decent theory. I think even he realizes his contents quality has gone down...

but with a kid now and a steady paycheck it’s pretty obvious he’s gonna stick to this till the channel dies a slow painful death.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
And with that, we've hit the big 2-0-0! It's strange to think that it hasn't even been 2 months since we hit 100 pages... I guess we've just gotten that big!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom