• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Congrats to the post above me for hitting 200!

EDIT: Admitting my failure

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Woo! 200 pages!

Now lets hope the "legitimate leak" that apparently is going around, is of our star boy!

link2702

Smash Champion
haha, nice one
Considering the creator of undertale was a huge earthbound fan and originally made a “dark” Halloween hack of earthbound prior to ut, as well as tons of evidence showing he blatantly threw in as many earthbound references as he could in undertale while keeping it just vague enough to keep Nintendo’s legal team away...

Yes I’d still say it was believable, read the second part of my original point on it, no one including mattpatt was saying it’s official canon, mattpatt was essentially just pointing out the obvious of what toby fox wanted sans to be.

If you wanna get pissed at someone for ruining ness’s image for you, take it to toby fox, he created undertale after all. He’s the one who filled it to the brim with eb references and wanted to create an unofficial eb sequel from the beginning.
:ness:

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Woo! 200 pages!

Now lets hope the "legitimate leak" that apparently is going around, is of our star boy!
I’ve been a bit out of the loop on the recent leaks, which one you mean? Unless you mean the ugly looking geno leak from a few days ago, please tell me you’re not referring to that monstrosity :(

Teeb147

Smash Legend
grats on 200 :)

I wonder if there's anything I missed that's interesting in this thread, I havent checked it as much in the last weeks.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I’ve been a bit out of the loop on the recent leaks, which one you mean? Unless you mean the ugly looking geno leak from a few days ago, please tell me you’re not referring to that monstrosity :(
So supposedly someone from ResetEra has claimed that Nintendo caught wind of a leak that has them in a huff. He has claimed it is NOT the Ken leak and is certain that it is an image leak. He also states that this could have been within the time span of a couple of days ago to a month or so ago.

My money is on THE Geno leak that has yet to be debunked.

EDIT: See above for THE Geno render.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
So supposedly someone from ResetEra has claimed that Nintendo caught wind of a leak that has them in a huff. He has claimed it is NOT the Ken leak and is certain that it is an image leak. He also states that this could have been within the time span of a couple of days ago to a month or so ago.

No way, really? Y'all, out of all these image leak that are SOMEHOW not the Ken one, could potentially be real! :O
You're right though, I think it could possibly be THE Geno if this is true!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
No way, really? Y'all, out of all these image leak that are SOMEHOW not the Ken one, could potentially be real! :O
You're right though, I think it could possibly be THE Geno if this is true!
I should note, I don't think he said the Ken one was fake mind you, but there was something else out there that caught their attention more.

IDK Genobros, but I think we just have to wait and see. We should certainly take things with a grain of salt and be diligent.

TBone06

Smash Ace

This could make sense. If what people are saying about Square wanting to limit leaks, this could cause friction within Nintendo, especially with a character that hasn't been playable in over 20 years. There is no question in my mind that this is one of the better image leaks we've seen. I don't rule it out, and normally I do, so that's a plus.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
While you may groan about Matpat from GameTheory, near the end of his video, he put this in:
View attachment 170148

So it seems like he supports Geno! Neat!
I appreciate his support but man. what was with all the competitive hate? like dude just did a side tangent to talk about how we are not actually playing the game and we are making Sakurai cry. just rubbed me the wrong way.

anyway congrats on 200 pages guys! we're getting closer and closer to our wish coming true!
let's hope we actually do get that direct on the 18th!

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I appreciate his support but man. what was with all the competitive hate? like dude just did a side tangent to talk about how we are not actually playing the game and we are making Sakurai cry. just rubbed me the wrong way.

anyway congrats on 200 pages guys! we're getting closer and closer to our wish coming true!
let's hope we actually do get that direct on the 18th!
Ever since Sans vs Ness and tons of FNAF theories he releases, his channel has been rather tainted for being trending and childish.
It is pretty sad to think about it.

While I am not a fan of how he talks about competitive Smash (I am hardcore fan actually, check my sig) I respect his opinion since it is well constructed and shows some good points.

However, there are some moments that brush me off one side. "We are making Sakurai cry" is a bit overexaggerating. Sure Sakurai prefer us to go on a more casual side, but he is tolerant for the competitive side as well. Adding new competitive elements and faster gameplay in Ultimate shows us that at least he understands the competitive group. At the same time, he tries new things to appeal the causal groups as well. He want to balance the competitive side and casuals as perfect as possible.

He knows the criticism about comeptitive Smash so tried his better to appeal it. He implemented most of the stages throughout all of Smash, in which include the legal stages, he tried to simplify technique for the newcomers, and upped the speed in general.

This way, the split between the competitive and casuals is a less pronounced and that casuals can transition well in competitive side if they want to.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

Gosh, if that's true, then it MUST be the Geno render. There aren't any other image leaks good enough to be real.

Guys, my hype...help me control it...

Btw, can anyone link to that ResetEra guy's statements? I'd like to see it myself.

Also, congrats on the big double-hundreds, Genobros!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uh what is going on?
IDK, nothing concrete

Some person with supposed insider information said that a picture leak other than the Ken leak is actually real

So people are going over other picture leaks that haven't been proven fake yet. And Geno has some picture leaks that haven't been confirmed fake yet

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
IDK, nothing concrete

Some person with supposed insider information said that a picture leak other than the Ken leak is actually real

So people are going over other picture leaks that haven't been proven fake yet. And Geno has some picture leaks that haven't been confirmed fake yet
Also, after looking into it, this is the guy who leaked Cloud before he was shown back with Smash 4 DLC. So the guy does have legit info.

He just doesn't have anything concrete, other than someone (I don't believe he actually specified Nintendo) got upset by a real leak. He's not even sure it's an image leak, just assuming it is because nobody would take a text leak seriously.

No idea how he knows it's not the Ken leak, though...that's a little suspicious, I admit.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If the guy does know something, and if one of the picture leaks are real, there are other picture leaks that have been going around. Such as the Dante one.

1539733755336.png

And Dante is one of the people we probably don't actually want seeing in, since there was that leak that said Dante is in but Geno is not

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That Dante image looks like watercolor :S

I'd also say that the leak that claimed Isabelle would be revealed and Geno isn't in is fake; Vergeben already mentioned Isabelle, someone before that leak predicted that Isabelle wouldn't be an echo, and I doubt anyone would know which characters aren't in unless they're one of the higher-ups at Nintendo or one of the devs.

slopdop

Smash Cadet
Congrats on 200 everyone!!
Just received my cart w/ the manual in the mail today as well. :)

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
If the guy does know something, and if one of the picture leaks are real, there are other picture leaks that have been going around. Such as the Dante one.

View attachment 170232

And Dante is one of the people we probably don't actually want seeing in, since there was that leak that said Dante is in but Geno is not
I'm pretty sure that's a Smash 4 mod.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 170232

what's that stage even supposed to be? it looks really low res but doesn't look like any N64 stage.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
In regards to the Dante Leak

One down, and many more to go...Geno still looking good though!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

That's hilarious. Just found out about it a minute ago and it's already debunked

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Congrats on 200 everyone!!
Just received my cart w/ the manual in the mail today as well. :)
Cool man, really awesome! I lost my Instruction booklet when I was a kid. Now I would like to buy a sealed version with everything.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever played SMRPG Armageddon? Is it worth playing?

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman

Aha! I knew it! that icey rock, the low res ground, and the starry sky. none of it looked like a real stage.
thing is I feel like we have seen a few image leaks like this. where they zoom in real close to something to hide the things that make it look fake. like in this case if it was zoomed in a little less would have noticed darth vadar xD

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
btw for any of those wondering, that obviously fake geno image was fake

But that other geno leak that has the blue background has yet to be proven or disproven ;3

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
1. Vergeben said people would lose their jobs if SE’s rep leaked.
2. 4Chan leaker that posted this said ‘All I can take. Risk Job’ prior to Vergeben saying the above.
3. Nintendo is in a huff over an image leak and it’s not Ken.
4. That Geno render is absolutely stunning and is Smash worthy.

Add this to what we already know:
1. SSBWiiU/3DS licenses from Square seem to have carried over for this game.
2. Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms was used in the trailer for the costume but wasn’t on the soundtrack.
3. The costume got a splash screen reveal.
4. The character is one of the longest-standing unfulfilled requests.
5. Sakurai’s remarks about wanting Geno in since Brawl
6. This game being laser focused on closing the loop on old ideas that haven’t been realized and longtime fan requests.

Makes you think, doesn’t it?

Edit: 8K post hype!!!

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Thank god. I never bought that leak anyway; it was horribly cropped, the focus was weird for what was definitely a gameplay screenshot (blurry around the edges, but focused on Dante???), and it just generally looked textbook fake. I honestly can't believe it took this long for the leak to be debunked considering it's just screenshotted from a Smash 4 mods video with several hundred thousand views on it, but I'm glad it's dead and we can stop giving this the time of day just because it hasn't been sourced yet.
And with the death of this leak, I am now reasonably confident that the legit leak the ResetERA guy was talking about is our mystery Geno leak. Let's go.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Cool man, really awesome! I lost my Instruction booklet when I was a kid. Now I would like to buy a sealed version with everything.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever played SMRPG Armageddon? Is it worth playing?
I've got it. It's hard as a mother. If you really love SMRPG I think it's worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom