• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I was too young to speculate for Melee, I just rolled with it and enjoyed playing/unlocking everyone. For Brawl, my top three were Lucario, Krystal, and Geno. At least I got one of 'em lol. Didn't really care for Smash 4 base until I saw the Gematsu leak and learned about Shulk and Xenoblade. Then Shulk became my only strongly desired character. For Smash 4 DLC, I just wanted Inkling or Linkle. Got neither.

Now, all I want is our Magic Wooden Boy lol. It's been ten years now, probably a little longer. I think I speak for a lot of us when I say we've waited long enough.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Finding TerminalMontage TerminalMontage 's Geno easter eggs in his videos has honestly become one of my favorite pastimes. :V

The 0:36 Second Mark. Painting to the right.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Well for my most wanted characters now that I think about it I basically got my number 2, 3, and 4 with Ridley, K. Rool, and Simon. So yeah I'm being really greedy still asking for Geno after getting all of that. but counting all of them out of the equation my top 3 would be

1: Banjo & Kazooie. Really I feel like they should have been there this whole time. like as far back as 64. or at least melee. I don't care who owns them their real home will always be with nintendo!

2: Custom Robo. Sadly with the license not being renewed this is as good as being deconfirmed at this point. But it would have made for a fun and probably obnoxious design. with a mix of guns, bombs, and pods (like little self driving explosives) along with an air dash and it's canon small size. it could have been a really interesting zoning style character.

3: Paper Mario if the Mario RPG franchises didn't get repped by Geno I'd at least be happy to see Paper Mario take that role. but only if his design revolves around using his various partners from the older games. if it's a bunch of hammer stuff then it's just gonna be a single ice climber. and please not the stickers!!!

although now I'm curious. what are peoples wanted characters that have gotten in previous games?

for me smash 4 Little Mac was my 2nd most wanted and he got in. I remember seeing it pop up in one of my facebook groups. so missed the reveal but I was still SO EXCITED!! I was looking at his trailer so many times to try to figure out what every one of his moves were.

brawl I don't exactly remember who I was really rooting for if I was actually focused on speculation at that time. but my best guess is that Diddy Kong was my most wanted at the time and he got in. I remember him being one of my favorite characters as a kid and really wanting him in smash.

Melee I was too young to really speculate or even know a new game was coming before it was actually released. so I wouldn't have payed attention to any reveals. So how I found out my most wanted got in was through just unlocking him naturally in the game! it was so exciting to see that newcomer approaching thing pop up. and then it happened CHALLENGER APPROACHING!........ FALCO!
Like I said before, Bomberman has been a constant want since Melee--he was probably my most wanted. I specifically remember checking the updates, waiting for him (I was too young to understand copyright, lol.) Boy, was I upset at Marth, Roy and G&W when they were revealed last... :p

Brawl was definitely Olimar. I was beyond ecstatic when I saw him in the update. Dedede was also anticipated...beyond that, I know I was hyped for Diddy and Sonic, but I'm not sure I was looking forward to their announcement. Either way, Brawl was a huge deal for me, getting so many characters I love.

Smash 4 was Shulk, Bdee, Marshal and Geno, though Shulk outstripped the others by a significant amount. Really, he was the only character I actively rooted for or truly cared about, up until he was revealed. Then it became Bdee.

I've been pretty lucky with my most backed characters so far...And I think I will be again. :D

(Side note: I forgot that Spring Man was one of my most wanted for Ultimate! I'd add him after Geno and Bdee. I only leave him out because base game is impossible for him.)

Klimax

Smash Ace
My most wanted for Melee was Bowser, then K Rool.
During brawl, it was K Rool, Ridley, Geno and Waluigi. But i was really happy to see Wolf and Meta Knight.
For Smash 4, it was K Rool, Lucina and Waluigi. I lost hope in Geno's chances. Pac Man would have been my second most wanted but i though that he had no chance.
For Smash Ultimate, before E3, it was K Rool, Waluigi and Rayman.
After E3, i started to believe once again in Geno's chances, he became my second most wanted. Now that K Rool is in, he's my most wanted.

At this moment, here's my top 5 (i try to be realistic)
1. Geno
2. Isaac
3. Rayman
4. Banjo & Kazooie
5. Incineroar

Most wanted echo fighters:
1. Shadow
2. Dixie Kong
3. Ken Masters
4. Black Shadow
5. Ms Pac Man (could work as an alt)

I'm confident about most of them (We'll get DLC for sure). But I think that Black Shadow & Ms Pac Man have no chance.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's actually kind of funny. I've seen quite a few people use that term "Starsend" since it's been in the title (Had the same title for Geno threads since pre-Smash 4. In fact, it was the FIRST character support thread created pre-Smash 4)

But googling the word, I kind of think I just made it up. LOL

It's kind of an appropriate word though as it has multiple meanings.

Edit: LOL, it's "Godsend"

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's actually kind of funny. I've seen quite a few people use that term "Starsend" since it's been in the title (Had the same title for Geno threads since pre-Smash 4. In fact, it was the FIRST character support thread created pre-Smash 4)

But googling the word, I kind of think I just made it up. LOL

It's kind of an appropriate word though as it has multiple meanings.
Actually scratch that

I remember where I got the word

It's "Godsend" but replacing the word "God" with "Stars" because Geno is involved with the star spirits

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually would like to see "Starsend Saviour" be his official title. It would add this extra bit of joy to my excitement

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Warrior of a greater purpose? Star Warrior from afar? The Doll with Star Spirit?

Maybe but the Servant of a higher authority makes sense.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
If I'm being greedy, then my top three are:

1.) Geno
Geno sits at the nexus of two important gaming genres not included in Smash: the Mario RPGs and SNES-era Square JRPGs. As cool as Paper Mario, Crono, and Terra are, I feel like Geno (as a representative of SMRPG) really captures both genres at once while also bringing a really flashy moveset.

2.) Yoshimitsu
My Soul Calibur / Tekken main from day one, I've always felt that a cyborg ninja using a laser sword as a pogo stick and a helicopter propeller would be a perfect fit for Smash.

3.) Amaterasu
Beyond Ammy's moveset potential, Okami is such a stylish, well crafted game. She's a character that could easily bring in a full complement of stage, music, assist trophy, and items that would all fit well in Smash.

Beyond these characters, I'm also really pulling for the other fan bases. Knowing how much I want Geno, I can't help but share in the excitement and disappointment we all feel as an overall fan community. One thing that I'm really excited about is that the, "Everyone is Here," mission statement for the game has opened up a lot of room for DLC. Yes, we'll receive characters that are promoting upcoming releases, but having veteran fighters like Lucas, Mewtwo, and Roy already returning will open up possibilities for other popular characters that didn't quite make the base roster.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
If I'm being greedy, then my top three are:

1.) Geno
Geno sits at the nexus of two important gaming genres not included in Smash: the Mario RPGs and SNES-era Square JRPGs. As cool as Paper Mario, Crono, and Terra are, I feel like Geno (as a representative of SMRPG) really captures both genres at once while also bringing a really flashy moveset.

2.) Yoshimitsu
My Soul Calibur / Tekken main from day one, I've always felt that a cyborg ninja using a laser sword as a pogo stick and a helicopter propeller would be a perfect fit for Smash.

3.) Amaterasu
Beyond Ammy's moveset potential, Okami is such a stylish, well crafted game. She's a character that could easily bring in a full complement of stage, music, assist trophy, and items that would all fit well in Smash.

Beyond these characters, I'm also really pulling for the other fan bases. Knowing how much I want Geno, I can't help but share in the excitement and disappointment we all feel as an overall fan community. One thing that I'm really excited about is that the, "Everyone is Here," mission statement for the game has opened up a lot of room for DLC. Yes, we'll receive characters that are promoting upcoming releases, but having veteran fighters like Lucas, Mewtwo, and Roy already returning will open up possibilities for other popular characters that didn't quite make the base roster.
Damn, Yoshimitsu would be an awesome idea. He could have a unique design for Smash and I'm pretty sure that his kinda goofy personnality would fit into Smash Bros. He's not my favorite Tekken or Soul Calibur character but damn, I feel like he could be the best choice from the franchise (I would love Heihachi or King too)

D

Deleted member

Just saw it to, yikes, I mean Geno looks badass.

But this oye nope, nope I'm not for it.

Doubt that's what he's look like but my gosh that is just wow.

I say fake for now.

I know Sakurai would do him justice if he's added, don't think that's what he'd have in mind.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I mean it's far too ugly looking to actually be in smash. no way Sakurai would let that abomination be Geno's final look. believing that leaked image to be real would be an insult to Sakurai and his team.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Yeah...remember what I was saying about balance in facial features before? This Geno's face could not be more unbalanced, lol. No way this came from Sakurai & team. Unless it's super early WIP.

Shame, because they did pretty well on the victory screen effects and lighting. It could've been a huge (fake) leak if they'd spent more time on the model itself.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I'll give them props though. in this age of text leaks and "oh I guessed tomorrow's blog post so believe me!" garbage it's nice to see people actually putting some real work into these leaks. granted I wish they would have done more work on the model because that is gross looking. and it's probably gonna be sad for them to hear people saying it's fake not because of an error. but because their art is ugly....

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Honestly, looking at him more, I am kind of warming up to it (IF THIS IS REAL)

The effort behind this is not to bad and that victory screen lighting is pretty good.

We are about to be in the ESRB cycle though...best to be diligent.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Honestly, looking at him more, I am kind of warming up to it (IF THIS IS REAL)

The effort behind this is not to bad and that victory screen lighting is pretty good.

We are about to be in the ESRB cycle though...best to be diligent.
Same. I honestly don't think he looks that bad. My only comment is that the cold, lifeless expression on his face in the first one makes it look like he's about to kill us in cold blood lol.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
The straight on shot doesn't bother me as much. It's really the low angle victory shot that looks funky to me. I do believe this is fake though. If you look at the straight on shot, Geno's left ear is much larger than his right ear even though his head is turned to the left. That defies perspective and is not something that professionals would miss. I also feel like the wood texture is a little too fine considering Smash Bros. is often viewed at a wider angle. That said, for a fan attempt it's not bad. Definitely a lot of room for improvement but a nice attempt.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Oh man, I just realized one big reason why that first image bothers me: you can see up Geno's nose. He has nostrils.

That just seems...off. Why would a puppet need nostrils? Especially when his ears are literally just blocks with no holes...

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Geno leak is fake to me.

His design has too much detail and polygon count is super high.

The lighting is not very bright also.
I actually have the opposite issue with the model. Look at where his cape wraps around his left arm in the first image; it's practically rectangular. That specific part of the model looks like N64 quality, and I just can't see Sakurai or his team letting that slide considering the fidelity of the models we've seen so far.
That, and the general proportions of Geno's design just look bad. That's kind of a big thing.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Those two shots don't even look like the same Geno. The blue fabric looks more detailed in the first shot compared to the next, and is it me or does his head look a little flat on top in the first shot? I almost thought his ears were banana slices in that first shot lol, and they seem just a tiny bit smaller in the second one.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey guys anyone watch the youtuber red? He posted a video today about a leak made last month that is predicting Dante as a playable fighter and he guessed right on Isabelle being a newcomer and not a echo. The scary part is that the leak claims geno is not in the game! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYyiAfVBVCI

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Those two shots don't even look like the same Geno. The blue fabric looks more detailed in the first shot compared to the next, and is it me or does his head look a little flat on top in the first shot? I almost thought his ears were banana slices in that first shot lol, and they seem just a tiny bit smaller in the second one.
I thought that as well, but I do believe they are the same model. I am trying to dissect these pictures as we speak.
The material is something of note. They match each other and yeah, the victory pose pic, his left arm, the cape does act up a bit (being rectangular)
However, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1zMJtYq3f8 comparing this to other victory poses by other characters, some things do wig out a bit (Specifically cape people). On top of that, with that light effect, some details pop hard (Clothing, Ness is a good example. Skin - K. Rool and Ridley for their scales.)

IDK just trying to figure this one out....unless by the time I am done typing this, the guy comes our and says "I made it, its fake"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey guys anyone watch the youtuber red? He posted a video today about a leak made last month that is predicting Dante as a playable fighter and he guessed right on Isabelle being a newcomer and not a echo. The scary part is that the leak claims geno is not in the game! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYyiAfVBVCI
That's an old "Leak". People guess those things all the time.

Recently there was a "Leak" that said that Greninja would be in the blog next and that Geno was in the game

Those don't mean anything.

I could make 100 leaks in 100 threads and guess a character's going to be in and if someone happens to see one in a hundred I guess that turned out to be right it doesn't make me suddenly know

Last edited:

slopdop

Smash Cadet
Looks too realistic looking like something out of Robot Chicken or a stop motion film.
Interesting attempt though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom