• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I've been thinking about some things lately and I've decided that I'm retiring from insider stuff. Of course, I'm going to keep speculating because I've done it forever but I've come to realize that it's not good for the "mental health" of the community. Based on things I've witnessed, things I've learned about past events, and people I've interacted with, I don't think it's worth it anymore. The literal moral fatigue that seems to be a common issues in some of these circles is telling. I used to joke about it a lot but, yeah, a lot of insider culture is kind of awful and plenty of other retired insiders have spoken on it but it's gotten to the point that it's not funny anymore.

I used to mention it a lot but a common quote that I used to tell from the NoA source is "this isn't fun. Why would anyone want to do this?" After being it in more than a year, it's gotten to be too much. Even the NoA source said that they were going to retire after the VGAs and roughly half of the Private Discord has been like "yeah, I don't want to do this too much longer..." I've met some cool people like Slender, Rummy, Nazyrus, and of course the NoA source by being invited to the group but it's become like watching the news, seeing awful things unfold and people do awful things for e-cred and fame and it's nothing short of exhausting some days.

If fewer people listen to what I have to say because of this announcement, that's fine. Both Paragon and KronoXIII gave me some surprisingly sage advice on this topic in recent weeks and Paragon's particularly stuck with me. To paraphrase "Despite being 'cancelled', I'm still here." That's oddly comforting. Even after the community hardcore dumped on both of them, they still came back. Why? Because they cared about the community. It was never about efame for them but simply contributing to the community and that's pretty groovy. That said, I quickly became nostalgic for the days where I was just a theorycrafter and able to piece together things with public information. All and all, that's always been my place and that's cool.

Like I said, this was never meant to be a long-term thing so "retiring early" is kind of an easy decision to make. I'll just go ahead and say this, you know who you are, and if you're an insider that's just kind of burned out on the whole thing, I can assure you that the community will welcome you back as "regular joes." I hope this doesn't upset anyone because it's not meant to. It's just recognizing that the Smash community already has a plethora of problems and one of the core pillars of speculation shouldn't be one of them. Of course, I'll still answer questions and I have no intention of doing a "dump" of private info because, again, privacy and trust is still important to me. I hope you all are perfectly fine with just being Fatmanonice, the guy that overthinks everything, again.

One last thing I want to say: the NoA ambassador is a real bro and I honestly wish him the best in life. I know this has been stressful this past year but it's been greatly appreciated. Even without the info, they're still an incredible human being and I hope they recognize this when they retire. Still, thank you for everything and especially helping me revive the Geno fanbase when it was at its most defeated. It means the world to me so thank you and best of luck in the future.
Hey man, I completely understand the stress that comes from leaker/insider culture and your choice to distance yourself from it. I still appreciate your contributions to this community and Smash speculation as a whole you've been giving us for the past God knows how long and that decision isn't going to change that one bit. I'll be looking forward to whatever crazy well thought theories and other posts you write up about no matter what. Best of luck!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
@ShotoStar: Endgame I could have dropped it but it's important to me that you know I didn't lie to you or the community and that I didn't create the Crash/SMRPG costume leak. I expressed my concerns to Papagenos and he agreed to talk to you about it in private. Hopefully that clears things up.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hey Fatman, So since you left the insider circles, did you have to do some type of Secret oath to not expose the secrets of the inside, otherwise the Insiders come after you?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now that it is December and closer to Christmas, I would like to share some lyrics I made based on a Christmas song, which is about a character from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars itself.

You'd better watch out
You're all gonna die
Don't even show doubt
I'm telling you why
Smithy Claus is coming for you

He'll pound your head once
And won't think twice
He will not care
Who's naughty or nice

He'll get you while you're sleeping
You'll be squashed like a cake
Unless you do turn to his side
So just run for goodness sake

You'd better watch out
You're all gonna die
Don't even show doubt
I'm telling you why

What do you all think?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
very serious geno art, probably the roughest thing i've ever put him through, not for the faint of heart

content warning for angel laughter... i mean suffering and despair

D

Deleted member

very serious geno art, probably the roughest thing i've ever put him through, not for the faint of heart

Gotta follow that Twitter account and retweet the art.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Pretty much. Sabi's greatest claims to fame in Smash speculation are calling Terry after the SNK leak on Nintendo's website and reaffirming Dragon Quest well after Vergeben and others spoke on it and jumping on to Banjo & Kazooie more officially after Shinobi made his "Smashing" comment.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

This is great

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Today is a good day.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey Fatman, So since you left the insider circles, did you have to do some type of Secret oath to not expose the secrets of the inside, otherwise the Insiders come after you?
Even though I'm "out", I have no intentions of leaking anything. I can still kind of confirm or deny rumors as they come up because, to be honest, I'm holding onto so many rumors from insiders pertaining to Nintendo it's kind of ridiculous. I probably have heard enough rumors to last me until next fall and I'm totally okay with that. End of the Day: the rumors point to Nintendo kicking an indescribable amount of ass in 2020 and I'll just leave it at that until these rumors inevitably are brought to the public by actual insiders.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

I dont get how anyone can play smrpg and describe geno as stoic. He's basically the posterchild for flipping that rpg trope on its head.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Even though I'm "out", I have no intentions of leaking anything. I can still kind of confirm or deny rumors as they come up because, to be honest, I'm holding onto so many rumors from insiders pertaining to Nintendo it's kind of ridiculous. I probably have heard enough rumors to last me until next fall and I'm totally okay with that. End of the Day: the rumors point to Nintendo kicking an indescribable amount of ass in 2020 and I'll just leave it at that until these rumors inevitably are brought to the public by actual insiders.
Wait, what do you mean you're out, exactly?

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Pretty much. Sabi's greatest claims to fame in Smash speculation are calling Terry after the SNK leak on Nintendo's website and reaffirming Dragon Quest well after Vergeben and others spoke on it and jumping on to Banjo & Kazooie more officially after Shinobi made his "Smashing" comment.
So absolutely nothing...

Why some people believe Sabi then? There are even people who believe Sabi and dont believe Vergeben lol

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
So absolutely nothing...

Why some people believe Sabi then? There are even people who believe Sabi and dont believe Vergeben lol
Sabi has a fantastic track record of good stuff, just nothing related to smash is all.

D

Deleted member

But Sol would potentially mean having Birthday Train in Smash.
No matter who they are (unless they come from companies I currently boycott) I will buy them.

Sakurai has delivered such a wonderful game, so I feel he and the Smash team deserve my money on all the stuff they release for Ultimate.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I'm just kind of wholly against rewarding the kinds of behavior I see across so much of the board in Smash speculation at deconfirmations and subsequent confirmations with their characters because it absolutely creates a positive feedback loop where the more extreme examples of behavior are incentivized as opposed to the genuine fan campaigns that work genuinely hard to create a case for their character through the appropriate channels and outreach. I don't want just uncontrolled emotional response influencing the roster, I'd rather see the genuine efforts bare fruit and promote that kind of behavior.
Yeah, what they should be doing is keep obediently buying characters they don't actually want so Sakurai can keep funding more of his biased favoritism picks into smash, now that's the noble course of action here, isn't it? With some luck they may finally get the character they want in a decade or two if the man feels like throwing them a bone.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
IT's OFFICIALLY CHRISTMAS MUSIC TIME~!

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, what they should be doing is keep obediently buying characters they don't actually want so Sakurai can keep funding more of his biased favoritism picks into smash, now that's the noble course of action here, isn't it? With some luck they may finally get the character they want in a decade or two if the man feels like throwing them a bone.
This is the most oppressed post I've ever read.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I've been thinking about some things lately and I've decided that I'm retiring from insider stuff. Of course, I'm going to keep speculating because I've done it forever but I've come to realize that it's not good for the "mental health" of the community. Based on things I've witnessed, things I've learned about past events, and people I've interacted with, I don't think it's worth it anymore. The literal moral fatigue that seems to be a common issues in some of these circles is telling. I used to joke about it a lot but, yeah, a lot of insider culture is kind of awful and plenty of other retired insiders have spoken on it but it's gotten to the point that it's not funny anymore.

I used to mention it a lot but a common quote that I used to tell from the NoA source is "this isn't fun. Why would anyone want to do this?" After being it in more than a year, it's gotten to be too much. Even the NoA source said that they were going to retire after the VGAs and roughly half of the Private Discord has been like "yeah, I don't want to do this too much longer..." I've met some cool people like Slender, Rummy, Nazyrus, and of course the NoA source by being invited to the group but it's become like watching the news, seeing awful things unfold and people do awful things for e-cred and fame and it's nothing short of exhausting some days.

If fewer people listen to what I have to say because of this announcement, that's fine. Both Paragon and KronoXIII gave me some surprisingly sage advice on this topic in recent weeks and Paragon's particularly stuck with me. To paraphrase "Despite being 'cancelled', I'm still here." That's oddly comforting. Even after the community hardcore dumped on both of them, they still came back. Why? Because they cared about the community. It was never about efame for them but simply contributing to the community and that's pretty groovy. That said, I quickly became nostalgic for the days where I was just a theorycrafter and able to piece together things with public information. All and all, that's always been my place and that's cool.

Like I said, this was never meant to be a long-term thing so "retiring early" is kind of an easy decision to make. I'll just go ahead and say this, you know who you are, and if you're an insider that's just kind of burned out on the whole thing, I can assure you that the community will welcome you back as "regular joes." I hope this doesn't upset anyone because it's not meant to. It's just recognizing that the Smash community already has a plethora of problems and one of the core pillars of speculation shouldn't be one of them. Of course, I'll still answer questions and I have no intention of doing a "dump" of private info because, again, privacy and trust is still important to me. I hope you all are perfectly fine with just being Fatmanonice, the guy that overthinks everything, again.

One last thing I want to say: the NoA ambassador is a real bro and I honestly wish him the best in life. I know this has been stressful this past year but it's been greatly appreciated. Even without the info, they're still an incredible human being and I hope they recognize this when they retire. Still, thank you for everything and especially helping me revive the Geno fanbase when it was at its most defeated. It means the world to me so thank you and best of luck in the future.
Congrats for getting out. Leakers go through a lot of crap. Hopefully people will stop pestering ya.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
There are tons of juicy rumors flying around already like botw2 and all the trademark stuff, I can only imagine how much crazier the private ones are.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
IT's OFFICIALLY CHRISTMAS MUSIC TIME~!

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know what that means:

Play Beware the Forest Mushrooms with jingle bell sounds.

(might have to speed up the jingle bells)

OffBi

Smash Ace
Merry Christmas to you all, lets hope that a special green friend doesn't steal it again like last year.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Think all the Smash stuff and apply it to Nintendo in general. Let's just say that if half the Nintendo insider rumors are true then 2020 is going to be ****ing nuts.
We've heard on more than one occasion that vga is going to get treated like e3, do you think any of those potential announcements might end up there too?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Waluigi being a bonus character for Season 2 would be one of those laugh and cry moments. The character has indirectly caused a ton of grief so to have that bandage ripped and titan of fan rule get BTFO right off the bat would be unbelievably satisfying and an enormous relief for countless people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom