• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
It's over guys; every other character has been deconfirmed for fighter 5 and as we all know, that can only mean one thing...

THE WAHPOCALYPSE IS FINALLY UPON US!

View attachment 249129
something something not every character in the pic is deconfirmed and you shouldn't take this seriously anyway something something
He's making a list
He's checking it twice
He's gonna find out
Who's deconfirmed or not
Waluigi MIGHT be comin' to Smash

D

Deleted member

Strange if anything but I trust Sabi.

So I guess we'll have to wait and see who is this mystery character soon enough.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Us who wah shall rise to the heavens from the incoming Wahpture. Those who don't shall be wah'd and perish in the aftermath of the Wahpocalypse. It's up to you, folks. Do what's right.

Modern work of art here. moMA and the louvre ain´t got nothing on this work.
Appreciate it. Such masterpieces of mine are kept in the world renowned Malo Mart™ Museum where they belong.

Wah indeed, my friend

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Other food for thought is that Sabi entertained Jonesy and Gordon for the lulz and trolls and these events were only two months apart. Sabi suddenly siding with Verge when he's been openly mocking all his other deconfirmations for weeks is a bit... Odd.
Well you know her don't ya? Get to the bottom of it man lmao

All I gotta say about this new development is:
THRILLS. CHILLS. KILLLLLLLLLLS

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I'm sorry guys, but I'm having a lot of fun with these deconfirmations. Not because characters are being deconfirmed, many of those characters I legitimately want (now I'm only left with Travis as my one surviving character who totally not getting in), but because it's what I've been saying: there is no likely character that's going to be the Fifth Fighter. There is no real hints, there's no bread crumbs, there isn't an obvious candidate, there is no reason. It can literally be ANYONE. Maybe some leakers are getting the order wrong, maybe what they heard were right, maybe some of those character are for next wave, maybe none of those characters are ever getting in. There is no predicting, and that lesson was taught to us when they revealed Joker last year.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I'm sorry guys, but I'm having a lot of fun with these deconfirmations. Not because characters are being deconfirmed, many of those characters I legitimately want (now I'm only left with Travis as my one surviving character who totally not getting in), but because it's what I've been saying: there is no likely character that's going to be the Fifth Fighter. There is no real hints, there's no bread crumbs, there isn't an obvious candidate, there is no reason. It can literally be ANYONE. Maybe some leakers are getting the order wrong, maybe what they heard were right, maybe some of those character are for next wave, maybe none of those characters are ever getting in. There is no predicting, and that lesson was taught to us when they revealed Joker last year.
Embrace the lack of certainty... embrace total chaos... embrace the void!

Wahahahaha

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
While it's kind of driving me crazy that we really don't know what we're about to get, it's almost kind of fun. The only certainty is that there is a fifth fighter, but aside from that? I welcome the chaos. Chaos.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
So guys, upon catching up with the latest, I'd like to bring the following to everyone's attention. Browsing YouTube once again, I saw a video of another youtuber that's been covering Smash Bros. Ultimate info, and this one about expressions made by Ed Boon praising Super Smash Bros. For context, I'll leave both the video, and the tweet for reference.

If this is to mean anything, could an MK rep still be a possibility amidst all these deconfirmations? Also, the representative wouldn't necessarily have to be Scorpion (although I know he's MKs poster boy). Other notable MK characters include Sub Zero, Liu Kang, Raiden. But top three imo are Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Liu Kang.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Wahahahaha
We had a lack of certainty back when we didn't know who was deconfirmed and we could still consider the likes of Dante, Doomguy, Geno, Nightmare, ect, and those were the good ol' days

The fact that so many bowling pins have been slammed down makes it feel like the answer is staring us in the face but we just can't figure it out. It's like when you have a word on the tip of your tongue, or you're working on a puzzle and you're down to that last piece... you keep waiting for that 'AHA!' moment, but that moment just won't arrive, that's what's driving everyone up the wall

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Putting my Waluigi jokes aside for one second, I can agree with you on that. Much of a bummer as deconfirmations can be, at least when it comes to fighter 5, they're keeping things fresh and exciting. Gone are the days of everyone just knowing and accepting Erdrick as fighter 2 and the petty Banjo vs Steve arguments. It's the wild west of speculation right now and I love the fact we're in for a genuine surprise... unless Nintendo just ****s up again somehow

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Wahahahaha
Plot twist, Waluigi's final smash is a new version of Luigi's Brawl final smash, the Negative Zone. If that thing existed in Luigi because of how he was overshadowed, imagine what that power would be like in the hands of Waluigi.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm still sticking with Namco because it still follows the Fighter's Pass to a T. Keep in mind that for Joker, Sakurai literally went to Atlus, made a video, and even hugged a giant Morgana. For Hero, he was on panels about Dragon Quest and helped with Dragon Quest presentations. For Banjo, he literally looked directly into the camera and told a captive audience to go play the games on XBox. For Terry, he did the longest Smash presentation ever just to show off SNK stuff. For 5, it will probably be deeply important to Sakurai too in some way.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Plot twist, Waluigi's final smash is a new version of Luigi's Brawl final smash, the Negative Zone. If that thing existed in Luigi because of how he was overshadowed, imagine what that power would be like in the hands of Waluigi.
It'll cover the entire screen and any foes will be insta-KO if Waluigi so much as touches them. That's the wrath of Waluigi's rejection in its full power!

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
After every disconfirmation I always fall back to Travis Touchdown or Master Chief. I see no particular supporting evidence for either but as far as I know there’s nothing disputing the possibilities yet haha.

That being said, Waluigi is definitely the pure chaos pick

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Plot twist, Waluigi's final smash is a new version of Luigi's Brawl final smash, the Negative Zone. If that thing existed in Luigi because of how he was overshadowed, imagine what that power would be like in the hands of Waluigi. Would be chaos in it's purest form.
Alternatively: Waluigi has Jigglypuff's final smash but instead of shrinking back down to normal size, Waluigi breaks out of the screen and materializes in your living room. Congratulations. You now have a new roommate. He also refuses to do the dishes and only orders takeout with your credit card.

Yes, this was a dream I had at one point. I will not be taking questions at this time.

T2by4

Smash Lord
You know, wouldn’t it be funny for #5’s trailer to come all the way back to Joker’s last year, and the character is who Joker stole the invitation from?
That would unironically be a perfect trailer for Waluigi.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So I had some speculation I wanted to discuss here, some really interesting stuff based on timing and what not, and considering I was the first one here to line up the dates to point out how production was way ahead of schedule back when no one believed there could be more DLC AND I was right I was going to take another stab at a in from a different angle...

However, I come back and people are arguing about Waluigi as if he actually has a chance in the Fighter's Pass, people are believing Vergeben before more reliable sources can fact check the information when he hasn't been relevant nearly all year, and now Geno bros and gals are turning on one another and throwing out accusations and against the king of our thread no less.

@ShotoStar: Endgame you are a cool dude and I love ya, but you are taking too much at heart with a bunch of trolls. Sometimes you need to remember that Ignoring people can be good for your health. I feel for ya, I really do, but what you just did is ridiculous an unacceptable. You just stormed in with your emotions on high and threw allegations at Fatmanonice Fatmanonice with no proof to back up anything that you have to say. There has been a lot of that crap going around this year with false allegations and tearing people down, so the fact remains that it is on YOU and YOU alone right now to PROVE you have an inside source. Until then, you have nothing but baseless allegations that mean nothing.

Frankly, I think you should take a break. Leave forever? No, but a break? Jesus Christ yes. You just called out a man who has fought tooth and nail to support Geno since before some of you all were born or even knew who a Geno was as making a fake leak just to **** with us. This man poured his heart and soul about how Geno was a character he bonded with in extremely tough times, and then you just go after him like that with nothing but baseless accusations?

That's just disappointing, and if it had been me, I would have been personally insulted and fatman has every right to be so, yet he's taken it essentially in stride. Go take your break. Come back after the next announcement. I'm right witht hat idea there because this just keeps getting more and more stupid to where we won't have any options left.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That w
That would unironically be a perfect trailer for Waluigi.
Honestly, my vision for a Waluigi trailer is to have a montage of him in the scenarios of the past trailers, trying to steal the spotlight/invitation for himself. It would kinda be like the Terry trailer in a way, except it's with the character being added in. In the end, his attempts, while failures, would showcase why he would be a great fighter, and he gets invited in because of it.

Edit:
But the Joker tie in would be great as well. Wonder what sort of Joker and Waluigi fan art would spawn from such a trailer.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
[IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/438/438743.jpg?1572054265[/IMG] ShotoStar: Endgame you are a cool dude and I love ya, but you are taking too much at heart with a bunch of trolls. Sometimes you need to remember that Ignoring people can be good for your health. I feel for ya, I really do, but what you just did is ridiculous an unacceptable. You just stormed in with your emotions on high and threw allegations at Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Fatmanonice with no proof to back up anything that you have to say. There has been a lot of that crap going around this year with false allegations and tearing people down, so the fact remains that it is on YOU and YOU alone right now to PROVE you have an inside source. Until then, you have nothing but baseless allegations that mean nothing.
Weakly lifting my hand here to say...

Considering how hard I've been championing Geno, the environment of the fan base and the amount of manipulation, accusations, and crazy stuff going on is terrifying. For all I know, I or any other innocent person trying our best to spread positivity and love for our boy and his fans... could end up being dragged through the mud by proxy. I've already seen some cases of falsehoods being forged that I can't go into detail about here, all with Smash being at the center of it.

This fan base is legitimately the most horrifying mess of garbage I have ever been a part of, and I've been in the Undertale fandom and, shamefully enough (this was a long time ago), the Homestuck fandom. I've also been knee-deep in the Sonic fandom, and let me tell you, that fandom gets freaking vile. For Smash fandom to be that much worse than all three of those, to the point that I feel like I have to walk on eggshells, is revolting. I love you guys and I love the good Smash fans, as well as the series and everything Sakurai does, but I loathe the general fanbase more than anything. Textbook example of how badly a fan base can go south.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041

Considering how hard I've been championing Geno, the environment of the fan base and the amount of manipulation, accusations, and crazy stuff going on is terrifying. For all I know, I or any other innocent person trying our best to spread positivity and love for our boy and his fans... could end up being dragged through the mud by proxy. I've already seen some cases of falsehoods being forged that I can't go into detail about here, all with Smash being at the center of it.

This fan base is legitimately the most horrifying mess of garbage I have ever been a part of, and I've been in the Undertale fandom and, shamefully enough (this was a long time ago), the Homestuck fandom. I've also been knee-deep in the Sonic fandom, and let me tell you, that fandom gets freaking vile. For Smash fandom to be that much worse than all three of those, to the point that I feel like I have to walk on eggshells, is revolting. I love you guys and I love the good Smash fans, as well as the series and everything Sakurai does, but I loathe the general fanbase more than anything. Textbook example of how badly a fan base can go south.
The general Smash fanbase is awful, I’m just gonna say it. I have an instagram where I talk about my favorite games and the like, and I mentioned something about wanting Geno and Mallow in Mario Kart and I got several comments complaining about Geno and talking about how he’ll never get in Smash.

and i’m not even mentioning the several direct messages i’ve gotten where people have insulted me because “hurr durr geno smash”.

Some of these Smash fans are incredibly disrespectful and will downright harass you if you have a favorite character you want in the game that isn’t to their liking. It is, like you said, disgusting.

This was a bit of a vent but it’s relieving to know I’m not alone in my opinion towards some of the general smash fanbase (none of you guys here fall into this category however, you’re all great :))

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

I don't think Geno has that disappointing of a fanbase. No one is maliciously raiding other threads or going out of their way to bully an individual over this kind of stuff. I think a lot of this comes from impatience starting to settle in. Like being lead on for long periods of time only to be bait and switched and then mocked by the general Smash community as a whole gets exhausting, you know?

Plenty of more toxic actions done against the Geno community as opposed to being done by the Geno community. I think we can most definitely be better but I don't see us having as bad of a reputation as you are making it out to be. A lot frustration is not directed at specific users.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I don't think Geno has that disappointing of a fanbase. No one is maliciously raiding other threads or going out of their way to bully an individual over this kind of stuff. I think a lot of this comes from impatience starting to settle in. Like being lead on for long periods of time only to be bait and switched and then mocked by the general Smash community as a whole gets exhausting, you know?

Plenty of more toxic actions done against the Geno community as opposed to being done by the Geno community. I think we can most definitely be better but I don't see us having as bad of a reputation as you are making it out to be. A lot frustration is not directed at specific users.
Oh no, I'm not pointing fingers at Geno's fan base. We have our bad apples, but if anything, Geno's fans get the biggest brunt of the toxicity from the Smash fan base as a whole. It honestly makes it kinda scary to be a Geno fan at all.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
This is the only place I like to visit...and maybe like one or two other spots. Ovaltine Ovaltine I 100% agree with the toxicity (of our city) of the Smash Fan base as a whole. It really sucks that the first thing, I'd imagine, people think about such forums is "OMG these people are rude and awful uWu" Personally speaking, I do not have social media so I do not get to see it a whole lot, but hearing from people like y'all I get an idea.

HOWEVER, this thread right here is pretty nice to be around. There are some bad apples from time to time, but all around, this thread can be very chill.

"Holding on to anger is like holding on to a piece of hot coal with the intention of throwing it, you are the one who gets burned"

Lets talk Geno!

...ummm....I like his hat.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
There is not a single thing I would change about the Smash Bros community. God bless this beautiful disaster

ZelDan

Smash Master
honestly, I don't even think about general fanbases at this point anymore. I'd rather just judge on an individual basis, or a person by person basis. This is how I am when it comes to stuff outside of video games or entertainment media in general.

At the end of the day no fanbase or group of people is a hivemind or single entity, no point in viewing them as such.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Oh no, I'm not pointing fingers at Geno's fan base. We have our bad apples, but if anything, Geno's fans get the biggest brunt of the toxicity from the Smash fan base as a whole. It honestly makes it kinda scary to be a Geno fan at all.
In my opinion we're all a big family here in the Geno thread, we treat each other with love and respect and even if there are some bad apples at the end of the day is for the best to not give them any more attention from what they are already searching for with that toxic behavior. but still the Smash fanbase in general is very messy and strange to say the least

Last edited:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
It's sad to hear that the Smash fanbase has got it's fair share of toxicity, even though it's got a E 10+ audience. That being said, I feel at home when I see everyone here discussing, sharing, and overall being just a wholesome group. Rock on, starfolks. :starman:

(more sketches cause I'm having too much fun today. sorry! :mario:)
1575178943611.png

Shadow Star DX

Smash Cadet
Or better yet, a Negative Zone that expands and traps every character on the screen in an inescapable Assist Trophy Case, so he can take his time pummeling each one and launching them off the screen to vent his years of frustration. I dub it: Waluigi's Personal Hell Zone.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I was actually thinking if Geno were to have an F-Smash, what if he had a multi hit similar to how Link/Y.Link function. Maybe like he hits you with his Cape on the first hit and then hits you with a rocket punch if you use the second hit. If you have ever played Rivals of Aether, it would look similar to Forsburn's F-Strong

forsburn_strong_forward.gif

It might be like that for all his Smash attacks actually to emphasize his timed hit mechanic. Choosing to not hit with the first part can set up to other reads/grab mix ups. That way he can follow up the first hit with a more flashy attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom