• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zac's Realm

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7852-2717-2984
So basically, he's in the same boat as every other game Sakurai raves about. Sakurai raves about a lot of games. And like 90% of them at least are much bigger and more iconic than Danganronpa. It would be one thing if it was just like an individual or a couple people with a hunch. But it seems like half the people on this thread are talking about monokuma in smash and it just confuses me.
I mean, I don't really know what you're looking for here. It's not like a series has to be this massive worldwide phenomenon that even a grandma could recognize to earn a spot in Smash. Sakurai being a fan of Dangan Ronpa is only positive for it's chances, it's not like he's sitting there contemplating if the series is 'big enough' for Smash. Which is exactly what he said in the Terry presentation.

And I don't know, Dangan Ronpa is pretty big. I'd think nowadays you're more likely to find someone who knows Monokuma than Terry Bogard, and yet SNK (rightfully) earned it's spot in Smash. Spike Chunsoft and Nintendo are pretty friendly, too.

Now obviously i'm a huge Monokuma supporter so I might be looking at this through rose-tinted lens, but I'm not saying it's super likely. But with Namco and Level-5 off the table, it makes a Spike Chunsoft rep seem more likely by way of Thank You theory. People tend to latch onto new characters for speculation like hot cakes, which, hey. It's entertaining if nothing else, probably a bit unhealthy though.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I was going to make one huge final post to explain why I was leaving but I'll just make this post:

@OffBi and @Waluigi is not getting in were completely out of line for not just the past day but the past two days and it.. kinda made me feel embarrassed to be here. Offbi has said a lot of just...bad things for the past few months that he needs to stop. He said that censor dodging a very bad word was right and "changes everything" I found that to be insensitive to say the least then he and WINGI were both very crude and awful about Lloyd even having the chance of getting in saying how they would be smug if Lloyd was getting in, That he was very generic dumb and had no unique potential.

Some people like Lloyd and some even have more of a connection to him than any of us have to Geno while it may be hard to imagine for some people need to realize that while some may not like the character some others do and find him an amazing character so we should all grow up and be respectful of each others' character choices. Please do so and please don't be clowns.

And...This is the part that made me want to leave, This is the part where it hurts the most out of anything that the thread has ever done and despite my friend group making fun of you I always stood up for you and gave you the benefit of the doubt, always because I thought we were friends. What did he say? it's this: Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I have a friend that knows someone who has an insider source and.. He says that you made the "Crash + Smithy and Mallow" mii costume leak.

I want to give you the chance to explain yourself cause I really don't it to be true so did you? If so why? For what purpose? why did you lie to not just me but everyone if this is the case?

I'll probably be disliked for this post but I just want to give the man a chance to explain himself before I jump to conclusions cause I went through multiple posts before this one not doing the case so please respond to my question and explain yourself if the accusation is true.

If it's not? Then I'm sorry for asking this and being an idiot but I'll wait on that one. Please give us the truth and nothing but the truth.

Who the heck told you that?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Obv understand the Verge doubt, but if we consider for a moment that he is legit on this and Namco and Level-5 are out, what companies are left that follow “Thank You Theory”? Just from a place of theorycrafting, not necessarily asking for any insider knowledge you can’t reveal anyways.
Alright, in the hypothetical situation of Verge being right, I guess I go to Sol. Sol, however, doesn't really follow "Thank You" theory but follows other patterns that Nightmare did such as the theme of crossovers, the theme of swords, the theme of rumors associated with them outside of Smash, the theme of being heard by insiders, and the theme of being entirely new to Smash.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Isn’t that exactly what two-one-two would be, just in a different way of putting it? Literal preplanned balance.
No, because I doubt Sakurai picked the characters with the intention to make a mirror effect.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I was going to make one huge final post to explain why I was leaving but I'll just make this post:

@OffBi and @Waluigi is not getting in were completely out of line for not just the past day but the past two days and it.. kinda made me feel embarrassed to be here. Offbi has said a lot of just...bad things for the past few months that he needs to stop. He said that censor dodging a very bad word was right and "changes everything" I found that to be insensitive to say the least then he and WINGI were both very crude and awful about Lloyd even having the chance of getting in saying how they would be smug if Lloyd was getting in, That he was very generic dumb and had no unique potential.

Some people like Lloyd and some even have more of a connection to him than any of us have to Geno while it may be hard to imagine for some people need to realize that while some may not like the character some others do and find him an amazing character so we should all grow up and be respectful of each others' character choices. Please do so and please don't be clowns.

And...This is the part that made me want to leave, This is the part where it hurts the most out of anything that the thread has ever done and despite my friend group making fun of you I always stood up for you and gave you the benefit of the doubt, always because I thought we were friends. What did he say? it's this: Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I have a friend that knows someone who has an insider source and.. He says that you made the "Crash + Smithy and Mallow" mii costume leak.

I want to give you the chance to explain yourself cause I really don't it to be true so did you? If so why? For what purpose? why did you lie to not just me but everyone if this is the case?

I'll probably be disliked for this post but I just want to give the man a chance to explain himself before I jump to conclusions cause I went through multiple posts before this one not doing the case so please respond to my question and explain yourself if the accusation is true.

If it's not? Then I'm sorry for asking this and being an idiot but I'll wait on that one. Please give us the truth and nothing but the truth.
I was agreeing with you in the first half but those are some hefty accusations you gotta back up

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Keep in mind people that sol isn't the only one left on the list. While I'm sure there is a very good reason the remaining 2 are staying unspoken if waluigi is in the conversation I wouldn't rule them out 100% just yet.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
We will always have reasons to doubt verge but honestly if we aren't doubting him about his past deconfirmations, why are we doubting this one? lol, seems kinda bias there imo. He hasn't gotten minecraft content right and he was wrong about isabelle echo. He got base roster right anyway and he got hero. No one leaked joker (not even sabi), our NoA guy (you could say sabi then) and shinobi leaked Banjo, no one leaked Terry. Honestly, if we are gonna question verge's deconfirmations, we could also question then how many people have actually leaked the DLCs in pass 1, yes, even sabi. I agree with sabi on this one and give verge some credit, could he be wrong? yeah but the times he has gotten something wrong in smash are unbalanced against the times he got stuff right, I don't think he is lying or has bad intel, at this point even sabi's other source knows who dlc 5 is, cause the only way these sources are giving deconfirmations is by knowing who the hell DLC 5 is, there is no other way to know who it isn't if you don't know who it IS. Since these deconfirmations are happening from both sides of sources, i think it's fair to trust verge on it too, until he actually gets it wrong if he even does. This comes from someone heavily skeptical about some sources but i just gotta agree with sabi on this thing about verge.

P.S.: Yeah i find more reason to believe in verge who has been right on a lot of smash stuff, rather than trust in names like nightmare and sol, who were names from a contact of our NoA source who he was VERY clear to not trust even when he mentoined them, he said he was like 25% about those names (or 30%, cant remember, still, low as hell).

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Alright, in the hypothetical situation of Verge being right, I guess I go to Sol. Sol, however, doesn't really follow "Thank You" theory but follows other patterns that Nightmare did such as the theme of crossovers, the theme of swords, the theme of rumors associated with them outside of Smash, the theme of being heard by insiders, and the theme of being entirely new to Smash.
Does Sol’s stock rise if Nightmare is now deconfirmed (theoretically), or is he still below a complete rando in terms of possibility even if Nightmare isn’t it?

And also, do you know anything about Granblue and/or Katalina? There was a rumor early on that had to do with Granblue and Katalina that the leaker originally thought could do with Smash, but I don’t remember if there was ever any resolution on that (it was before the fighting game was announced IIRC), and people stopped talked about Katalina here because people wanted other characters, but depending on how things go Katalina could technically still be in the running.

And she checks basically everything you just said for Sol except maybe being heard by Insiders (as I wouldn’t know any of that ofc)

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
And...This is the part that made me want to leave, This is the part where it hurts the most out of anything that the thread has ever done and despite my friend group making fun of you I always stood up for you and gave you the benefit of the doubt, always because I thought we were friends. What did he say? it's this: Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I have a friend that knows someone who has an insider source and.. He says that you made the "Crash + Smithy and Mallow" mii costume leak..
Just a couple of things from an outside observer to the scene.

1) You have a group of friends that have a tendency to make fun of or otherwise shame Fatman in general, and 2) one of these friends is telling you that they know a guy who knows a guy that says Fatman made up a thing despite a decade-long track record of not intentionally sabotaging the community surrounding a character we all like.

I'll be honest; I think someone's either trying to get one up on you, just wants to stir the pot, has a thing against Fatman, or all of the above. I'd ask for receipts before jumping to conclusions on a whim.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
At this point I actually really want it to be Waluigi. Partly for the reaction but also I do like him and that would open the door for Isaac, Bomberman, Skull Kid, etc

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Honestly? I don't think it's going to be anyone from "the list". The implication from Sabi seems to be that the NoA source won't say who Fighter Pass 5 is specifically since it's something that very few people know at the moment and it could easily out them as a leaker. If it was someone who has been circulating in the insider community, why would the NoA source be worried about being exposed?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I just want to know already. We just need to survive FP5 with no issues or competition and I am getting legit nervous over you know who and his idiot following.

I'm starting to break.

Please don't forget about us Sakurai....

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I mean, I don't really know what you're looking for here. It's not like a series has to be this massive worldwide phenomenon that even a grandma could recognize to earn a spot in Smash. Sakurai being a fan of Dangan Ronpa is only positive for it's chances, it's not like he's sitting there contemplating if the series is 'big enough' for Smash. Which is exactly what he said in the Terry presentation.

And I don't know, Dangan Ronpa is pretty big. I'd think nowadays you're more likely to find someone who knows Monokuma than Terry Bogard, and yet SNK (rightfully) earned it's spot in Smash. Spike Chunsoft and Nintendo are pretty friendly, too.

Now obviously i'm a huge Monokuma supporter so I might be looking at this through rose-tinted lens, but I'm not saying it's super likely. But with Namco and Level-5 off the table, it makes a Spike Chunsoft rep seem more likely by way of Thank You theory. People tend to latch onto new characters for speculation like hot cakes, which, hey. It's entertaining if nothing else, probably a bit unhealthy though.
Niche choice that Sakurai likes on the video game awards with a style that seems similar to Joker. It´d be one hell of a troll move and make me feel like I shouldn´t have bought the pass. The music from the games is good tho and the games seem interesting enough for a stage.
Dunno, I rather buy stock on Nightmare being FN5. Wouldn´t mind Monokuma as a bonus character after Geno and get him.

D

Deleted member

Me coming back to this thread
This.

Y'know, there wasn't a second where I believed FP5 was gonna be a Namco rep but I was gonna make a well thought out post why I like the idea of Nightmare in Smash and my experiences growing up with SC and why it'd be awesome in my books. Now it's like, what's the ****ing point?

Leaks suck.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
No, because I doubt Sakurai picked the characters with the intention to make a mirror effect.
That’s literally what I’m saying, though apparently for the opposite point: Sakurai(well, actually Nintendo) went for more of a genre spread than two-one-two.

Niche choice that Sakurai likes on the video game awards with a style that seems similar to Joker. It´d be one hell of a troll move and make me feel like I shouldn´t have bought the pass. The music from the games is good tho and the games seem interesting enough for a stage.
Dunno, I rather buy stock on Nightmare being FN5. Wouldn´t mind Monokuma as a bonus character after Geno and get him.
Have you caught up with the last few pages? Nightmare, and anyone else Namco, is deep in the red.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
It feels now like it isn't if it's a curveball, but who will be the curveball. These next 2 weeks are going to get crazy.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
That’s literally what I’m saying, though apparently for the opposite point: Sakurai(well, actually Nintendo) went for more of a genre spread than two-one-two.

Have you caught up with the last few pages? Nightmare, and anyone else Namco, is deep in the red.
For those of you at home, these are all the not the fighter NUMBER 5 characters:
LLOYD,TRACER,MORTAL KOMBAT REP, DANTE,GENO,DOOMGUY,TRACER,GORDON FREEMAN,CRASH,RYU HAYABUSA, Resident evil rep,Nightmare.
Dun Dun Dun
Another one bites the dust

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry you feel that way. Shootstar: Endgame just know that you have our support here. And most of the people on here are respectful knowledgable people who just support Geno and want him in. My best wishes if you need a break from here hope you return one day.

So Bandai Namco and Level-5 are out? Dang it sorry Nightmare and Professor Layton hopefully hope for the future for those characters getting in.

But who could character 5 be *Cue The New Day.* Who? Who? Who?

Also Wahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Character 5 is Black Mage. It's a thank you to Square, as in 'Thanks for the 3 and a quarter songs, Square.'

We are 12 days to character 5's potential reveal. I think we can wait. The source knows but no one else, which is surprising with how close we are. Maybe there really is a big job risk at revealing number 5.

Its Nintendo. Nintendo is the 3rd party to Sakurai. It's a thank you to Nintendo and Iwata.

Its Pokey, isn't it?

D

Deleted member

Character 5 is Black Mage. It's a thank you to Square, as in 'Thanks for the 3 and a quarter songs, Square.'

We are 12 days to character 5's potential reveal. I think we can wait. The source knows but no one else, which is surprising with how close we are. Maybe there really is a big job risk at revealing number 5.

Its Nintendo. Nintendo is the 3rd party to Sakurai. It's a thank you to Nintendo and Iwata.

Its Pokey, isn't it?
Porky's been in a Smash game before, so "Reggie was right" (as I am going to call it from now on) applies to him.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Ah! We're at the perfect point in time where we can craft our own Christmas carol to reflect the current speculation season.

"On the first day of Smashmas, insiders gave to me;
An Assist Trophy; Wa-lu-iii-giii."

Ovaltine

Smash Master
@ShotoStar: Endgame The thread has been ****ing vile lately. People being ridiculous, immature, and callous for no good reason are officially pissing me off, especially since it's chasing GOOD people away like you. This **** has to stop. If you're going to promote toxic behavior, you are not goddamn welcome here. (Obviously not at you, Shoto, but to the people who have been behaving so damn terribly.) Just... go. This tribalistic garbage is foul.

That said, who... is that person? Are we sure they have an inside source? That sounds incredibly fishy.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
You know, wouldn’t it be funny for #5’s trailer to come all the way back to Joker’s last year, and the character is who Joker stole the invitation from?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Porky's been in a Smash game before, so "Reggie was right" (as I am going to call it from now on) applies to him.
That is very true. Porky has been in Smash.

POKEY hasn't.

Semantics.
It Just Works. -Ding-

Actually, Earthbound being the last might have caused a ****storm, so it's better that it's not him. And he was in Smash, just oddly missing, so he's out.

What other games has Iwata been connected to? He saved Earthbound.

D

Deleted member

Ah! We're at the perfect point in time where we can craft our own Christmas carol to reflect the current speculation season.

"On the first day of Smashmas, insiders gave to me;
An Assist Trophy; Wa-lu-iii-giii."
Why not tis the season after all? On the second day of Smashmas insiders gave to me a Pokeball Ho-Oh and Baseball bat item and an Assist Trophy Waluigi.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
It's over guys; every other character has been deconfirmed for fighter 5 and as we all know, that can only mean one thing...

THE WAHPOCALYPSE IS FINALLY UPON US!

waluigi winner.png

something something not every character in the pic is deconfirmed and you shouldn't take this seriously anyway something something

Last edited:

Convoy

Smash Apprentice
It's over guys; every other character has been deconfirmed for fighter 5 and as we all know, that can only mean one thing...

View attachment 249129
something something not every character in the pic is deconfirmed and you shouldn't take this seriously anyway something something
Dread it, run from it. Waluigi Time still arrives.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

View attachment 249129
They tried to warn us but we didn't listen

It's wah or be wah'd now folks.

D

Deleted member

When he gets in people could be going about their daily lives.

But those who see him us Smash fans will welcome him with.

One giant Wahhhh!!!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Other food for thought is that Sabi entertained Jonesy and Gordon for the lulz and trolls and these events were only two months apart. Sabi suddenly siding with Verge when he's been openly mocking all his other deconfirmations for weeks is a bit... Odd.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Waluigi wouldn't sting as much as Piranha Plant did so I wouldn't be against Waluigi being FP5, but it would definitely be a blow to Geno. Unless he really wants to put in that many Mario characters. (Which I am all for)

I just want Geno to get past FP5 unscathed by Square (or Disney)

Once that happens, we officially enter endgame with him and I guarantee you that we will have way more Geno discussion going our way. Things are just a bit tense with the unknown and with two week away, It only seems like it is going to be a few tense days.

Really hoping for the best, but I don't know if I can prepare for the absolute worst case scenario....

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
You know, wouldn’t it be funny for #5’s trailer to come all the way back to Joker’s last year, and the character is who Joker stole the invitation from?
I can just imagine how it would go...

"The one who actually committed the crime... is you!"

"No alibi, no justice, no dream, no hope!"

"It's time to pay for your crimes!"

PHOENIX WRIGHT
MAKES HIS CASE!

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976

View attachment 249129
Modern work of art here. moMA and the louvre ain´t got nothing on this work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom