• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I am seriously wondering who it is going to be if it's not a Namco character. Should we look into Sol? He was Fatmans next likely named character after Nightmare.
You know I realize Sakurai destroyed the "relevancy" arguement, but I guarantee Sol Badguy would generate even more "LITERALLY WHO IS THIS?" reactions and I pray Sakurai is smart enough to avoid that

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So Nightmare and KOS-MOS are both BTFO.

Real Sol Badguy Hours?

I really don’t think it’s gonna be Phoenix Wright, but if it’s not Namco or Layton, who really is left other than Sol?

There was that Granblue Katalina rumor from early on, did anything ever happen with that?

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Damn when fatman said to expect things to start getting crazy in the last few weeks I wonder if it's exceeded even his expectations.

I just don't know about anything established with namco out. Now there really isn't anyone that neatly fits into everything like nightmare did. Whoever it is will be quite the surprise that's for sure. If were still under reggie's comments then I hope it lands on Phoenix, a capcom rep feels really out of place but honestly everything feels really out of place so who knows anymore.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know I realize Sakurai destroyed the "relevancy" arguement, but I guarantee Sol Badguy would generate even more "LITERALLY WHO IS THIS?" reactions and I pray Sakurai is smart enough to avoid that
That is not even a problem, a new Guilty Gear is coming out next year. That is less a relevancy problem and more the limits of perception in the hardcore Smash fanbase.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'm thinking rando. I feel Phoenix wouldn't be happening before more notable reps from Capcom and the RE spirits happened which I feel would have been after Phoenix if he was in. Heck maybe it's Waluigi after all.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Well, I guess people can't accuse Vergeben of JUST piggybacking nowadays anymore. Honestly, I felt as if some people are a little hard on him nowadays. Now sure, he hasn't been as active or on top of things as he was in SSBU's pre-release, but I never stopped seeing the guy as credible.

As an aside... wow, no Bandai Namco? ...really? Geez, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , and right after Nightmare lining up with all of your theories as well... this is exactly what I worried about with things lining up and them being toppled. Guess we really can't catch a break, huh? I wonder what You, Sabi, and others got to say to this... because this was a pretty bold prediction from Vergeben.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I highly highly doubt its Sol Badguy.

2 fighting games, 2 JRPGs, and a cartoon platformer is a very strange combination to sell as one large bundle .

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guess this is what happens when I put my foot down hard on it being Klonoa, all of Bamco gets nuked.

all on Duke

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Is it.... actually Phoenix Wright. He hasn't been knocked out yet despite all this.
At least this finally puts the drunken cat leak to rest. Knew that was fake all along.

Also, THE POOL OF COMPETITION FOR MONOKUMA IS GETTING SMALLER FOLKS.

MONOKUMA BROS RISE UP
Imagine if we get an insane VGAs double-reveal of them both in a ridiculous courtroom battle that transitions into a Smash fight, with Monokuma as #5 and Wright as the first post-pass.

This will literally never happen, but we can dream.

Yeah, I’m fully in agreement. Sol fills an incredibly similar niche to Terry, and I think that if they were going to do that, we’d have a different sort of order from the outset, something like “Joker, Terry, Hero, Sol, Banjo” rather than the latter two-fifths of the pass both being lesser-known fighting game reps.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
@ShotoStar: Endgame Hey, man, please don't leave. We don't tolerate that behavior in the thread (or anywhere really), and I hope you know that I was calling it out. Hopefully you see me always striving to call out that behavior precisely because of what you're going through. I actively call people out for that because it just creates an aura of unpleasantness and makes people want to leave. I wanted to prevent nice people like you from getting tired and/or newcomers getting scared off. If you can't take it here, then I understand and you should take a break. But just know that people aren't sitting idly by and letting that happen. I'm not even personally attached to Lloyd, but the way people were acting towards him was completely unacceptable. I will continue to call out tribalistic behavior like that, because we shouldn't continue to give into the stereotypes that give the Smash fanbase a bad name. People should want to model someone better.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah I don't see sol either. People can complain about smash fans being short-sighted but guilty gear is a pretty niche series in an already pretty niche genre as far as the general gaming populace is concerned, I mean the latest entry couldn't even hit 200k worldwide. maybe they could cushion it like they did hero but there wouldn't be time for that now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Watch it just be Mega Man X and everybody starts slapping themselves over it.
Oh god. It would just be that scene from the Spongebob movie where Squidward becomes manager with Spongebob being Lloyd and Squidward as X.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, I’m fully in agreement. Sol fills an incredibly similar niche to Terry, and I think that if they were going to do that, we’d have a different sort of order from the outset, something like “Joker, Terry, Hero, Sol, Banjo” rather than the latter two-fifths of the pass both being lesser-known fighting game reps.
I mean, the pass started with two JRPG reps, so I don't think it's out of the question.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Imagine if we get an insane VGAs double-reveal of them both in a ridiculous courtroom battle that transitions into a Smash fight, with Monokuma as #5 and Wright as the first post-pass.

This will literally never happen, but we can dream.
Not that I think Monokuma won't happen, but if Phoenix Wright were to be double-revealed with someone else, it would have to be Professor Layton (who is deconfirmed, but only for Fighter 5 right now, so Fighter 6 is fair game for him).

T2by4

Smash Lord
I noticed a bunch of them saying the word "nuked"

DUKE NUKEM IS IN, BABYYYYY

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I think he should be addressed, as he was next in line on Fatmans speculation. Up to Fatman though, as he is the only one who could possibly shed more light on the nature of Sols name coming up.
It was Nightmare=Rando> Sol

We are most likely completely in the dark now.

BoyMan

Smash Cadet
*sigh* so much for Klonoa so what’s the updated list of companies that have been deconfirmed for FP5?
This list is something I am taking from gamefaqs, so I can't vouch for its legitimacy 100%. What I am seeing people say there is that we aren't getting Crash, Geno, Doom Slayer, Tracer, Ryu Hayabusa, Gordon Freeman, Scorpion, or Dante for FP5 as far as individual characters go. As for companies, we are apparently not getting characters from Ubisoft, Bandai Namco, Falcom, Nippon Ichi, or Level 5.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So, we have:

Sol, who’s been talked about but is somehow less likely than a complete rando.
Sephiroth, who‘s been talked about but is thought to be more likely to just be aftershocks from when he was leakbait for Hero
Waluigi, who’s been talked about but was tied to legal action and is such a polarizing character that nobody has any desire to even poke that bear which leaves his status as unknown.
Reimu, who has a lot of curious potential signs but hasn’t really been talked about and is thought more of a “want to will this into existence” character.
Phoenix Wright, who hasn’t really been talked about to my knowledge and also has things going against him because he’s a Capcom character from my understanding
Another Nintendo Character
A complete rando

The Edgic on this season of Smash Bros. DLC Speculation has been entirely out of whack haha, all the thought-to-be top contenders are now out and we’re left with “edgically-weak” contenders who suddenly are being thrown farther into the spotlight

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It was Nightmare=Rando> Sol

We are most likely completely in the dark now.
And I recall that before he had the rando equal to Lloyd when he still seemed likely, who was above Nightmare at that time. From that, I am assuming Fatman places the rando on equal levels to the most likely character, which would now be Sol. Won't know for sure until Fatman voices his thoughts, though.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
And I recall that before he had the rando equal to Lloyd when he still seemed likely, who was above Nightmare at that time. From that, I am assuming Fatman places the rando on equal levels to the most likely character, which would now be Sol. Won't know for sure until Fatman voices his thoughts, though.
To be honest, idk what to even make of Sols chances.

Because this is the second character rumored by Fatman to be deconfirmed.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Fatmanonice is probably talking to Sabi trying to figure out what the heck is going on. I mean he thought basically everything lined up for a Bandai Namco character as Fighter #5, so this probably came as a shock to him.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
The 5th character is the Geno supporter list. Down B cycles through each one of us with fully fleshed out unique movesets

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
To be honest, idk what to even make of Sols chances.

Because this is the second character rumored by Fatman to be deconfirmed.
It was rumor that many leakers like Sabi was privy to, not something exclusive to Fatman. He just shared the info from the circles. Here is the original, pre-Lloyd disconfirmation post btw.
Honestly? Since you're tired, I'll spare you a paragraph and put it this way:

Lloyd = total rando >> Nightmare >>>> Sol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any of the characters seemingly hard deconfirmed for 5 by Sabi's Big Source ™.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Annnnnd there goes Bamco! I had a hunch this would happen after just about everyone we heard from the list of 10 getting out of the FP 5 spot.

As I see it...Geno, Dante, Lloyd, Crash, Doom Slayer and Ryu Hayabusa are among the top fighters for post pass.

As far as who number five is...Sol will not be them. Give it a day and soon he will be deconfirmed. An actual surprise!!! Unless it is Waluigi...then that would be hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom