• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Since we're talking about music I also think Smash Ultimate very well may be the best video game soundtrack of all time with how many unique compositions it has and how big of a crossover not only the roster is but also the crossover of different music composers from Yoko Shimomura to Toby Fox and onwards.

It's truly an incredible thing and who knows what the future will hold for the soundtrack so I'm super interested in finding out but while the soundtrack is amazing there are some missed opportunities like

-One Winged Angel (FF7)
-Isaac's Battle Theme (Golden Sun)
-Venus Lighthouse (Golden Sun)
-Final Battle (Banjo-Kazooie)
-A whole lot of XBC2 songs
-Some Xenoblade X songs
-Overture/Main theme (Dragon Quest)
-Body Rock (Warioware)
-Tomorrow Hill (Warioware)
-Greenhorn Forest (Wario Land)
-More Rhythm Heaven songs
-PMD songs
-Aquatic Ruin Zone (Sonic)
-Bowser Road/Koopa Road (Mario)

etc. etc but otherwise it has the best soundtrack in all of gaming easily even if some may think it's unfair due to most of these songs originating elsewhere. Also Melee has the best original compositions out of any Smash game and I will beat you to death if you think otherwise as one has this (https://youtu.be/A2CZOevDvos) and the others don't or at least in terms of where it originates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Since we’re on the topic of music, we’ve seen how most of the DLC characters have gotten music outside of their debut game/universe, such as Persona 3 & 4 music with Joker, different music from DQ games for Hero, Banjo Tooie songs for Banjo, and music from other SNK franchises with Terry. If Geno got the same treatment and he possibly gets music from other Mario RPGS, which music tracks would you want to see?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Does anyone know what’s going on with the last page? I’m on mobile and it does not want to load

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
24D5CB78-B36F-4FBF-839F-723DC7479CA7.jpeg

Dont rule out the Gordon leak just yet everyone.

That, and he recently just got new merch, just like Banjo did before his reveal.

All of this could mean nothing/be fake.

But I swear, if he is actually FP5, it would be a reveal of a lifetime.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Since we’re on the topic of music, we’ve seen how most of the DLC characters have gotten music outside of their debut game/universe, such as Persona 3 & 4 music with Joker, different music from DQ games for Hero, Banjo Tooie songs for Banjo, and music from other SNK franchises with Terry. If Geno got the same treatment and he possibly gets music from other Mario RPGS, which music tracks would you want to see?
Anything from the first two Paper Mario games would be essential, or at least the battle themes.

Firox

Smash Master
Smash is missing so many awesome Persona 5 songs:

-Keeper of Lust
-Blooming Villain
-Will Power

to name just a few. Then there's a slew of potentially sexy songs and remixes you could get from Xenoblade Chronicles X:

-Oblivia
-Black Tar
-The music for fighting Tyrants (I forget what it's called)

And of course, my favorite song from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, "Crossing Blades". Mmmmmmm, so tasty. And PERFECT for fighting to.

P47

Smash Apprentice
If there is at least one track you wanna see hit Smash, remake or not, what would that be?
Mind in a Program from Kirby Robobot (Star Dream Phase 1)

I really wish we had more Kirby music from non-Sakurai games

EDIT: Some other songs off the top of my head
Kirby:
  • Vs. the 3 Mage Sisters
  • A bunch of the Vs. Morpho Knight themes
  • Miracle Matter
  • Masked Dedede
  • Galacta Knight
  • Star Dream Phase 3
  • Sectonia Phase 1
  • Magolor Phase 1
  • Void Soul and/or Astral Birth Void
  • Dark Matter Swordsman (Robobot)
  • Yin Yarn
  • Hyness Phase 2
  • Factory (Kirby 64)
  • Various boss themes (64, TD, RBB, etc)
Non-Kirby:
  • Battle Against an Armed Boss
  • The Ultimate Show
  • Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
  • Goodbye Geno
  • Factory (SMRPG)
  • Tomorrow Hill
  • Dream Team boss theme
  • Majora's Mask miniboss theme
  • Majora's Wrath
  • Song of Healing
  • Vs. Huff N. Puff
  • Earth, Wind, and Fire (DQ8)
  • Adventure's End (Dream Team)
  • Final Antasma Battle
  • Hawke's theme (AW: BHR)
  • Grit's theme (AW)
  • Jess' theme (AW: BHR)
  • Nell's theme (AW)
  • Colin's theme (AW: BHR)
  • Sensei's theme (AW: BHR)
  • Jake's theme (AW: DS)
  • Rachel's theme (AW: DS)
  • Koal's theme (AW: DS)
  • Sturm's theme (AW)
  • Grimm's theme (AW: DS)
  • Culex theme

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If there is at least one track you wanna see hit Smash, remake or not, what would that be?
There's a plethora of Wario songs I want in Smash, specifically Wario Land.

Wario Land 1 remixes: Stage Theme and Boss Theme

Wario Land 2 remixes: Anyone for BBall and The Journey Home

Wario Land 3 remixes: Out of the Woods (Day) and Desert Ruins/Tower of Revival

Wario Land 4 remixes: Crescent Moon Village and Toy Block Tower

Direct ports: Greenhorn Forest, Black Jewel (Phase 2), Glittertown, and Vs. The Shake King

A girl can dream

Convoy

Smash Apprentice
Honestly if I was in charge of choosing music for Smash Ultimate I'd probably just add like 80 Sonic songs lol

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Direct ports: Greenhorn Forest, Black Jewel (Phase 2), Glittertown, and Vs. The Shake King
I happy to see I'm not the only one who's played Wario World. What I would give to see that game ported/remastered on Switch...

Also, if we're talking potential Wario World music for Smash, we can't forget the best track...

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
That's a really fun albeit silly question that nobody seems keen on answering, so here I go:

-Jirachi (A Pokemon that's straight up based on a star AND that grants wishes, a nobrainer for sure)
-Banette (Pretty obvious too, both are puppets)
-Trevenant (The only Pokemon I could think of that's made of wood)
-Octillery (He and his pre-evolution are based on weaponry, which Geno is of course LOADED with)
-Magmortar (Has big ass cannons as his hands, what more has to be said?)
-Wobbuffet (Many speculate his tiny black tail is the actual Pokemon and the rest is basically a decoy, or a doll if you will)

The last one is kind of a cop out in my opinion, so if any of you could think of a more appropriate Mon instead of Wobbuffet or any of the others, feel free to tell me.

I'll just begin by agreeing with you that Ultimate has a KILLER soundtrack. We're near the 1000 mark and growing, and most of the tracks are on point. That said, I could list a bunch of video game music I'd still want in the game, and I might later, but I'll just say one: Redial from Bomberman Hero.

Bit of an obscure one I guess, but goddamn, I've been obsessed with it since I first stumbled across it last year. It may even be fair to say that that song alone encouraged me to get more into the Bomberman franchise and want the guy in Smash, lol. It's dope!
I think Cosmog would also be a good choice for Geno's Pokemon team. Fits with the whole stars aesthetic and kinda looks like Mallow.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
For one, Gordon Freeman would be so sick in Smash. I've said it already and I will say it again. Absolutely no qualms at all if that leak is real.

Secondly, if Geno had a Pokemon team?

:starman: Jirachi (star)
:starman: Claydol (doll)
:starman: Minior (comet)
:starman: Clefable (star, lunar)
:starman: Metagross (Meteor Mash, steel moves generally hearkening to cannons)
:starman: Lopunny (mega, referencing star bunnies)

D

Deleted member

I happy to see I'm not the only one who's played Wario World. What I would give to see that game ported/remastered on Switch...

Also, if we're talking potential Wario World music for Smash, we can't forget the best track...
NYAH YEH YEH YEH YEH
NYAH YEH YEH YEH YEH

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Gordon Freeman would be so awesome. I just gotta hope TF2 gets some love via costumes/music if he does get in.

That would be a great way to wrap up the fighter's pass.

(Was there anything about Gordon Freeman getting in that benefits/hurts Geno's chances or am I just mixing rumors up again?)

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Now is a as good a time as ever to list some tracks I'd love in Smash. I'll mention ones per franchise skipping ones I don't have anything to add, and preferably these would be remixed,:

:ultmario::
-Mainline: Can't think of any from the top of my head because these games are really well represented musically
-Kart: Battle mode medley, Wario Colosseum/Waluigi Stadium, Airship Fortress, Toad Factory, Coconut Mall
-RPGs: Literally any of them lol, but to list a few: Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (duh), Tubba Blubba's theme, Doo_liss' theme, Flipside, Teehee Valley etc etc etc
:ultdk:: Fear Factory, Nuts and Bolts, Big Boss Blues, any of the Funky Kong themes, literally anything from Tropical Freeze
:ultlink:: new remix of Dark Forest/Mountain, Sword Search/Ballad of the Windfish, Clock Town/End of the World, Astral Observatory/Song of Healing, Majora's Mask battle medley, Dragon Roost Island remix, Great Sea remix, Zant's battle theme, Hidden Village remix
:ultsamus:: Brinstar Overgrown Area, vs, Serris/Yakuza, Phendrana Drifts Depths (would list more Metroid themes had I played more of the series)
:ultkirby:: vs Nightmare, Zero battle medley, Factory Inspection, Kirby 64 boss theme, Masked Dedede, Galacta Knight, literally anything from Return to Dreamland
:ultyoshi:: Map medley, vs Baby Bowser, Yo-yo-yoshi, Boss theme (Yoshi's Island DS)
:ultpikachu:: Route 3 (Kanto), Gym Leader medley, Hoenn Elite Four, Route 113, Battle Frontier (either Gen 3 or 4 or even a medley is fine by me), Route 225, vs Giratina, vs Ho-Oh, anything from Colosseum/XD/Battle Revolution
:ultfalcon:: Remixed versions of Sand Ocean, Port Town, Dream Chaser and Climb Up and Get the Last Chance
:ultness:: I don't know much about Earthbound music, but Pokey Means Business is a certified BANGER

:ultwario::
-Land: Main theme (Wario Land), Credits (Wario Land 2), Out of the Woods, literally anything from Wario Land 4, Greenhorn Forest/Starring Wario, Glittertown
-Ware: Body Rock is all I need, baby
:ultpit:: I just want that OG Dark Pit theme, is all
:ultolimar:: Wistful Wild, Piklopedia, Today's Result, Boss theme (Pikmin 2)
:ultsonic:: To quote Convoy Convoy , "Yes"
:ultlittlemac:: Anything from Super Punch Out, a friend of mine showed me how good that soundtrack is
:ultcloud:: One Winged Angel or literally anything else, lmao
:ultbanjokazooie:: Click Clock Wood, Grunty's Furnace Fun, Final Battle, Mayahem Temple, Glitter Gulch Mine, Hailfire Peaks

And also these two series with no playable character:

-Golden Sun: I have not played this series though I do plan to, but Isaac's theme is absolutely amazing
-Bomberman: Main theme, Boss theme (Super Bomberman), Battle theme (Super Bomberman 3), Green Garden, Blue Resort, Redial, Zip, Boss theme (Bomberman Generation), Garden stage (Max 2), Battle theme (Bomberman DS), The 5 Dastardly Bombers

Man, this was fun to make.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
o we doin music now? o **** yeah this thread gets more awesome every day lmao. im limiting myself here cuz too many great ninty songs but here are some that would b fun for smash

a peaceful song that has an uplifting/triumphant feel to it. i remember when you would play thru star fox 64 and this song would come on with the ending cinematic. it was so poignant and it felt like the perfect reward for rescuing the galaxy. this song felt like ushering in a new era of peace that you had successfully fought for and earned. its so satisfying. they could do PLENTY of stuff with this, give it an orchestral mix in higher definition for an eargasm from the states all the way to japan

this song is ****ing bonkers and wild af; it feels like fighting for your life against an evil force to the point that it doesnt sound like something that would b in a nintendo game. i love it

the first 17 seconds of this song are among the most epic pieces of music ive heard. they could remix it while still keeping the hard hitting feel of it similar to porkys theme currently in smash

triumphant, upbeat, modern, good fight music but also just pleasant to listen to. checks every box. just use this mix and drop edelgard/dimitri as the first fire emblem characters to use an axe/lance respectively with their own unique movesets. swag

the foreboding, desperate feeling of this song is unlike any other ive had the pleasure of hearing in video games, i think. id love for it to get an official nintendo orchestral mix and put into smash but tbh im fine with this mix as is. i bet the zelda fans would love it either way

alright so this is a sleeper pick but hear me out. listen to the song and keep it in context with the fact that fox mccloud ventured into a warp hole in the middle of space by himself without his crew, not knowing where in the absolute **** it was going to take him. his adventure thru warp hole is one of the trippiest ventures in gaming and an underappreciated aspect of the star fox games imo. you could do a lot with this track in terms of orchestral stuff. the most important thing is keeping the sense of mystery that this track invokes. it sounds like mystery and uncertainty which is hard to capture in music; it should b celebrated in smash

a fine piece of music that has elements of heroism, creepiness, high-stakes, etc. the instrumentation you hear at some points is unlike anything we hav in smash so itd b good for variance. this is nice and epic

"bruh chrono trigger isnt even in smash"

stfu they said wed never get banjo and look where we are today alright

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Friendly reminder that Sakurai has praised Half Life 2 in the past.

Not saying that leak is real, but that’s just food for thought.
This "food for thought" is just as valuable as saying Steve is in because Sakurai liked, and even straight up STREAMED Minecraft at one point.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
so anyone know what ever happened to the papagenos/sabi poll? thought it was supposed to come out at the start of the month but it seemed to completely vanish a few weeks after it ended.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
This "food for thought" is just as valuable as saying Steve is in because Sakurai liked, and even straight up STREAMED Minecraft at one point.
I never once said that it meant he was confirmed, it was just something to consider, especially since 3 out of the 4 picks so far could be considered “Sakurai picks”

And idk if you saw my update post, but apparently the leaker got details on the HL VR game correct, and Sabi said she cant debunk it atm. Take that as you may.

(On top of that, there has recently been new merch for HL, something that happened to Banjo before his reveal. Again, take that as you may.)

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I never once said that it meant he was confirmed, it was just something to consider, especially since 3 out of the 4 picks so far could be considered “Sakurai picks”

And idk if you saw my update post, but apparently the leaker got details on the HL VR game correct, and Sabi said she cant debunk it atm. Take that as you may.

(On top of that, there has recently been new merch for HL, something that happened to Banjo before his reveal. Again, take that as you may.)
This post says the leaker piggybacked on everything he got right.

Attachments

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

I think the vr thing is fake cus he said it was a prequel to half life 2 or something.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Hey everyone I’m about to ask my girlfriend to marry me. If she says yes Geno gets into Smash Sakurai told me so himself
Best of luck!

On the topic of songs I wanna see, literally anything final fantasy, more Banjo (final battle, click clock wood, hail fire peaks) and orchestral versions of the Dragon Quest stuff

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
This post says the leaker piggybacked on everything he got right.
His support thread believed this too until Sabi spoke on the subject.

So yeah, who knows at this point.

UPDATE: And now people on discord are saying he potentially posted the leaks hours before those articles. I’ll keep track of it to see if that is the case.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
OMG I MISSED THAT ONE AND IT'S SOOOOOOO GOOOD! AAAHHHHHHHH~!

I think SNK is the second-place winner of the Fighter Pass, right after Banjo & Kazooie. Like, hot ****ing DAYUM!

So I think all those others are good picks, but I need to say something here.

I was one of those guys who didn't get the Custom Robo AT in Brawl. I thought it was somehow Gundam-related. However, before Ultimate came out, I had the lovely joy of playing the original Customer Robo for GameCube and...it blew my mind. I beat that game so hard and it's been awhile since I could just sit down and play a game and boy did I ever. It just had some sort of wacky robot magic and I think it's a goddamn shame the franchise doesn't exist anymore as a modern-day Custom Robo could easily be amazing.

Just imagine next-gen Custom Robo game that has thousands of parts and incredible online multiplayer? I'd buy that in a heartbeat! Funnily enough, the friend who let me borrow that game also introduced to me Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and I've never loved a game at first site so hard. Like, I just watched him play for a bit and was like "Man, I wish I could join you, this seems like fun."

My buddy Dan: "Oh, but you can!" We spent a lot of time exploring with him trying to remember the game and me just having a blast following him around. We never played too much of it though, yet the music on the world map is etched into my soul.

EDIT:

The difference here is that this person could go get a driver's license whenever they damn well please, but are waiting for the right car to come out. Switch out license with game and car with Switch, and that's literally me. I can't tell you how close Ultimate has me to just picking up a Switch right now and I was so ready back in like March or whenever for Pokemon to sell the system for me...welp, that surely didn't happen, XD. Only sold me on never buying GameFreak games for a long time.

However, I'm sticking to me guns: I will wait until either Geno is revealed or Ultimate's DLC cycle ends. Then I will drop $400+ in a single fell swoop like it's the easiest decision I've ever made. I did that with ORAS and the 3DS, I'll do it again.
I just want to preface with how happy it makes me when I say "Hey I love this old game" and someone comes along and is like "Hey I love that old game too!" Like that just makes me so happy lol.

But DUDE I think about how awesome a modern Custom Robo could be. The sheer visual spectacle in the GC game is so impressive, like it still looks good, just IMAGINE seeing the Dragon Gun or the Wave Bomb in HD, it would be fantastic! And maaaan just more weapons and more bots, add in more and more so that I have more options to not pick when I just use Ray 01/Drill Gun/Wave Bomb/Beast Pod/Formula Legs all the time lol.

At this point I feel like a whole new game is sadly probably pretty unlikely, but I'd be happy with just an HD remake of the GC game with online play added. And I know most people aren't into Spirits, but if Harry, Marcia, and the nameless Protag (I like to call him Hiro but I don't think anything is official) got added to Smash Ultimate as Spirits I would be so happy.
Can I just join in for a second and say how awesome it is to meet other Custom Robo fans! Custom Robo is legitimately my favorite game series and it's so underrated. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend Custom Robo Arena for the DS. It's certainly a lot different, but it has all the same charm and great gameplay. In some ways I liked it even better.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah Silva will finally start their KFaD tournament tonight around midnight Pacific Time so reminder to vote for Geno! IIRC his round is round 1!
Hey everyone I’m about to ask my girlfriend to marry me. If she says yes Geno gets into Smash Sakurai told me so himself
Good luck buddy!

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Can I just join in for a second and say how awesome it is to meet other Custom Robo fans! Custom Robo is legitimately my favorite game series and it's so underrated. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend Custom Robo Arena for the DS. It's certainly a lot different, but it has all the same charm and great gameplay. In some ways I liked it even better.
I will always accept more people talking about how great Custom Robo is because it’s awesome and there are literally dozens of us XD Arena is a great game too! I prefer the GC game overall, but some of the stuff Arena adds to the formula is SUPER COOL and cleaning your Robo on the touchscreen satisfies my ocd immensely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom