• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
In a perfect world the third Konami rep would be Bomberman
If only...

Lemme tell ya, getting my #1 character request AT’d and my #2 character request confirmed in the same presentation was a weird sensation

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Uhhh... so... it's legit now? :eek:

Tha Game Awards tweet.

We might straight up be getting that Fighter #5 reveal at TGA 2019.

D

Deleted member

I'd actually like Geno to play a bit like Lucas does. I'm not really a fan of Ness (I hate his yo-yo up-smash) and I just love how Lucas plays. That light, but heavy hitter zoner. God, when that up-smash connects, it's just so satisfying.
Definitely not biased, by the way.

D

Deleted member

Hmm seems likely we'll get character pass #5 here. But then again I just think it's promotional material regardless.

But I do think we'd get character #5 there.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Uhhh... so... it's legit now? :eek:

Tha Game Awards tweet.

We might straight up be getting that Fighter #5 reveal at TGA 2019.
The year is 2025. The first character of Super Smash Bros Ultimate Fighters Pass 7 is announced at the TGAs, as has become tradition. Sakurai has taken a total of three days off in the intervening years, despite insistence by fans, employees, and Nintendo that he can use his vacation days. Waluigi is still not playable.

D

Deleted member

With all these nice questions, here’s a... different one, a bit of a hypothetical: Geno gets in tomorrow, but he comes with a negative permanent change to the game as a whole. Which of the following changes would you be able to stand for instant Geno?

1. Tripping returns, and occurs about twice as often as in Brawl.

2. It is now mandatory to play with all items on.

3. Final Smash Meter is always on.

Out of those, I think I’d have to pick #1 just because of how much I’m not a fan of the meter, but it’s incredibly close.
Meter, ffs. Final Smashes might not be the most balanced, but at least most of them still require some level of skill. If Geno gets in either way, in this hypothetical situation, but we just have to wait longer to have him without game ruining mechanics, I'll wait, thanks.
Well, who would the indie rep be? The Knight? Freddy? Reimu?
Also permanent FS meter is my choice. Doesn't kill the game like the other two
Quote is still the only indie rep I think really and truly deserves a spot in Smash.

They could do some stuff like:

Metal Gear
Castlevania
Contra
Silent Hill
Frogger (Even that's even possible to make as a Mii costume)

But yeah since Goemon is out, if we do get another Konami rep, will have to be either a Contra rep, Silent Hill rep, or Frogger.
Man, what a sad world that everyone has forgotten Django. I doubt he'd ever make it thanks to my aforementioned comments about Konami and Kojima, but damn if he wouldn't be great. Also, if he were a fighter, all of Konami's reps would have the strange connecting factor of having killed at least one vampire each.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't really like the idea of a character being used to rep indies specifically, I'm sure that's not how Sakurai works and it makes it sound like other indies could never be playable. They're still videogames/IPs made by different people.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

With all these nice questions, here’s a... different one, a bit of a hypothetical: Geno gets in tomorrow, but he comes with a negative permanent change to the game as a whole. Which of the following changes would you be able to stand for instant Geno?

Out of those, I think I’d have to pick #1 just because of how much I’m not a fan of the meter, but it’s incredibly close.
Final Smash Meter of course as it wouldn't instantly kill the Smash scene like the other two would though it should be tweaked if that ever did happen.
Reimu of course as she/Touhou is the progenitor indie after-all and Touhou is massive in Japan. Plus she'd easily bring the best music out of all of them and that's important to me.

link2702

Smash Champion
Ugh...so possibly tga again? Though I suppose it’s fitting as the FP started there, so it ends there. Still, that’s a little under a full month, AND MY IMPATIENT ASS WANTS TO KNOW NOW!!!!:mad::crying:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well looks like it's probably going to be vga after all. I'm going to bet that it's just going to be the teaser and he'll release during the January direct a la banjo. Hopefully that means we'll see geno's teaser then as well because a march release on the anniversary would be really tight ngl.

Plank08

Smash Lord

FS meter cause that could always be nerfed to make things more fair, like reduced damage, speed, or knockback

D

Deleted member

I guess the reveal is gonna be either Dante, Dark Souls, or Resident Evil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Those are all certainly subpar enough to end a roster.
We already know that there's going to be characters beyond the Fighters Pass. I feel like, if we even get a Smash reveal, it will be tough to predict who it is (last year's Game Awards gave us Joker from Persona 5, a character that isn't mainstream by any stretch of the imagination and one that barely had any presence on Nintendo consoles), but all three of those seem like they'd get a huge reaction from the crowd.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Now that I think of it, if that tweet is in fact hinting that we'll be getting the reveal for the 5th DLC Fighter at TGA, going with the idea that in last year's TGA the first DLC Fighter was revealed... there was a certain video game character that dropped in to promote an upcoming game (that's been available for quite a while now). Hmm... a racing game in fact, with the racers including a mad scientist, a baby polar bear, among others, AND... a bandicoot. I wonder if, despite what some "sources" have said in the past weeks... Crash could end up being Fighter #5? :nifty: Also... this is me going for a LONG reach but, rewatching TGA 2018 just now on YouTube, Crash Bandicoot appears right at the timer 1:55:50 (three fives?!?!?!). I'm going NOSTRADAMUS ON THIS BI....!!! *ahem*. Ok, I'ma calm down now. Enough of this reaching nonsense.

Hopefully we'll be in for a treat. :)

D

Deleted member

Dante, Leon, Jill or Soliare would be amazing choices and perfect ways to end of the fighter pass. If any of them are in

But that's just the way I see it.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
It surprises me that people genuinely thought the VGAs wouldn't have a character announcement because it was "too obvious".

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
a lot of people seem to be thinking a character from a company with missing costumes or not on the spirit list would be the last character and that is not leaked or suggested ones such as Crash or Doomslayer. i honestly believe it will be someone no one not even the insiders know.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I'm predicting Lloyd Irving is coming for fighter 5. I've been confident in my prediction that he'd be coming as DLC since this time last year and with how recent discussion has been going I can definitely see him being next.

D

Deleted member

We already know that there's going to be characters beyond the Fighters Pass. I feel like, if we even get a Smash reveal, it will be tough to predict who it is (last year's Game Awards gave us Joker from Persona 5, a character that isn't mainstream by any stretch of the imagination and one that barely had any presence on Nintendo consoles), but all three of those seem like they'd get a huge reaction from the crowd.
Well, the prevailing theory is that had the Fighters Pass not done so well, we would be looking at the End of Smash Bros, here, so in traditional fashion, the last fighter's gotta suck. Regardless of whether or not they're actually ending the roster, they are still ending the first Fighters Pass, so I have my bets on someone that the speculation community never wanted - typically, that is a character capable of pleasing a mostly indifferent crowd like you'd find at The Game Awards.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Hey.. if I drew some Geno art to show all of you, nobody here would steal it, right? I don't have a twitter or tumblr or anything so I'd have to link to an image on imgur.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey.. if I drew some Geno art to show all of you, nobody here would steal it, right? I don't have a twitter or tumblr or anything so I'd have to link to an image on imgur.
Please, I don't steal others' work. Too sinful. Just go ahead, okay?

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Question: are there any songs out there that you would associate with Geno? (Besides SMRPG soundtrack stuff, obviously)

This song for some reason has sort of stuck with me when thinking about Geno returning one day; I guess it was because of earlier this year keeping up with this thread constantly for new information and listening to this group and this song at the time. It started to resonate with me in a way that kind of feels fitting for Geno. He's gone away seemingly to never return since his work has been finished, but the memory of seeing him and the effect he's left many of us feeling after playing the game remains with us continually, despite having left us so long ago.

Funny enough it's a song I also heard around the time of Brawl's speculation and anticipation, as I'd heard it some years after the album was released. It's a personal song for me that has many more meanings than one, so I thought it might be an appropriate song for those of us who treasure his memory to this day.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I already stole it and took credit for it before you even drew it.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I’ve been thinking, and while I’m not saying he’s a lock, Geno is like 80-90% gonna get in in my opinion.
The Music copyrights were 2 songs, and square only allows 2 songs per character
The Twitter poll about Geno and Mallow was random, and probably used to see which one was the most popular, which is clearly important to Nintendo
Sakurai said he wants to please the fans even more with this next pass
Nintendo probably showed sakurai our huge letter we made them so Genos on his mind
The leaks all point to Mallow being a mii costume, and we’ve never had multiple mii costumes for a game/series with no fighter featured in the roster so no Geno Mii costume
Genos very much talked about in insider circles
I really think he’s in guys

Griselda

Smash Lord
I’ve been thinking, and while I’m not saying he’s a lock, Geno is like 80-90% gonna get in in my opinion.
The Twitter poll about Geno and Mallow was random, and probably used to see which one was the most popular, which is clearly important to Nintendo
Nintendo probably showed sakurai our huge letter we made them so Genos on his mind
The leaks all point to Mallow being a mii costume, and we’ve never had multiple mii costumes for a game/series with no fighter featured in the roster so no Geno Mii costume
So, who actually won that poll? Was it Geno?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Even if Sakurai and Nintendo of Japan got wind of our huge fan book, it was sent to them after the additional DLC, at least this time around, was decided. That wouldn't be a deciding factor at all.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom