• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
-Voice actor makes tweet about new project
-Tweets picture in recording booth on videgame day
-New Tales of Logos copyrighted
-One fits suspiciously well with smash
-Missing Bamco costumes
-Fighter #5 looks to be a tribute to a company important to Sakurai (Bandai Namco)
-Lloyd was at least Sakurai’s top pick for Tales of mii, probably extends to fighter as well
-Is going to be a lower level reveal than Banjo

We in Lloyd gang

Edit: These darn servers I swear
https://i.imgflip.com/372ihb.png

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I would like to see Lloyd in personally and I thought he could be #5. But if then Mii costume thing and Nintendo deciding more DLC back during E3, it would mean all “missing” costumes were originally slated to come back with the fighters pass. So with that being said, I don’t expect ANY promotions for number 5. It will be from another series that’s NEVER had any form of representation in any and all the smash games.

for Lloyd specifically, if he was to be a fighter, would come in this next wave of DLC. IF that is the case, just personal hope.

Go Geno!

D

Deleted member

I would like to see Lloyd in personally and I thought he could be #5. But if then Mii costume thing and Nintendo deciding more DLC back during E3, it would mean all “missing” costumes were originally slated to come back with the fighters pass. So with that being said, I don’t expect ANY promotions for number 5. It will be from another series that’s NEVER had any form of representation in any and all the smash games.

for Lloyd specifically, if he was to be a fighter, would come in this next wave of DLC. IF that is the case, just personal hope.

Go Geno!
I'm starting to really agree with the sentiment that fighters in the fighters pass have never been in Smash in any form whatsoever, so I have to agree that Lloyd isn't coming as #5. I can see post pass having at least one Anime Lloydfighter, so I don't expect to see his costume coming back. I know we've got a lot of Lloydbros here so I'm sorry when I say I'm glad he won't be the one who ends the pass.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Personally, I wouldn't be hyped for Master Cheif at all. and I don't even know who Big Smoke is.
In order to figure out who Big Smoke is, all you have to do...
IS FOLLOW THE DAMN TRAIN, CJ!
:yeahboi:

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I think people are getting their hopes weirdly up for #5. I've been looking around various sites and here and have seen absolutely sky high expectations so I figured I'd say something. Yes, it is the end of the pass but if people are expecting a reveal as big or bigger than Banjo, you're going to be disappointed. I used to disagree with this but, yeah, Nintendo's not exactly super great with final reveals for Smash games with the most hype final reveal being Ness for the original twenty years ago.

Melee: Game and Watch

Brawl: Olimar and Sheik (base roster), ROB (final)

Smash 4: Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr (base), Bayonetta and Corrin (DLC)

Ultimate: Ken and Inceniroar (base)

It's not hard to name bigger characters for all these games. Mewtwo for Melee, Sonic for Brawl, Little Mac, Palutena, and Cloud for Smash 4, and K. Rool, Banjo, and Ridley for Ultimate. That said, this is why I've been banging the drum (and then yer mum) for post pass because it seems like a hard steer back to big fan favorites based on what I know. I still think #5 will make people happy but to the same effect as Hero and Terry, not Banjo.
Did you get any evidence that supports this or is it just speculation?

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
-Voice actor makes tweet about new project
-Tweets picture in recording booth on videgame day
-New Tales of Logos copyrighted
-One fits suspiciously well with smash
-Missing Bamco costumes
-Fighter #5 looks to be a tribute to a company important to Sakurai (Bandai Namco)
-Lloyd was at least Sakurai’s top pick for Tales of mii, probably extends to fighter as well
-Is going to be a lower level reveal than Banjo

We in Lloyd gang

Edit: These darn servers I swear
https://i.imgflip.com/372ihb.png
Honestly those symbols probably aren't related to Smash. This probably would have happened previously with Pac-Man as a fellow Bamco rep. It hasn't happened at all before, Theres also a Tales of Series logo trademarked which wouldn't be trademarked alongside a Smash series icon as Smash uses already existing logos and a new Tales of Game is set to be releasing which is probably what the logos are for. fighter 5 being a tribute is most likely just a coincidence. Nintendo picked the DLC so I doubt he happened to pick 5 characters who are important to him while also abiding by several other guidelines Sakurai sets himself when conceptualising newcomers. Don't get me wrong imo I think Lloyd is probably 5 but I don't think some of this evidence is steady enough to use as justification as it isn't at the very least somewhat definitive.
And also whenever their is a symbol suggested for Lloyd it usually is something else so I don't think the book would qualify
Edit: I just saw what Fatmanonice and if what he is saying is true then I must take back what I said and also I think that probably does suggest Lloyd

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Hmm... A reveal more like :ulthero: and :ult_terry:and less like :ultjoker: and :ultbanjokazooie: you say?

I think I got someone in my eyes honestly... A lot seems to be adding up...
View attachment 246152
Played Puyo Pop Fever and PPT , loved these games , I sadly am only decent at best with them.
I know they're part of the Puyo Puyo 2 spin-off franchise , and that their protagonist are Amitie and Ringo/Tee so... I sadly couldn't see much Arle action , besides some antics with the Dark Prince in PPT.
I would be completely down with her , since we still lack a propre puzzle rep , and Lip's stick is in since Melee , but not the character. (And honestly , I don't see :ultdoc: getting a redesign , since he's basically Melee/Slower heavy-hitter Mario since Melee.)

I'm just wondering how her moveset would work.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I am hoping that whoever 5 is that we also somehow get an announcement for 6 and possibly 7 not too long after. If they’re already far along in development I don’t see why a double reveal during a single direct like what happened at E3 would be out of the question. And really even if 5 is meh for a lot of people having 6 and of 7 being Banjo level hype reveals like Geno would make up for it kind of like how Banjo offset how ho-hum the Hero reveal was at E3.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So looking at the costumes that are missing we are missing 3 Capcom Miis, 2 Square Miis, and 3 Namco Miis. Isn't just as possible they moved the Capcom Miis around because Dante or something is post pass and Namco is getting it's 3 back with Llyod?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sincerely i hope Phoenix Wright gets in Smash, for me it makes sense that he's the 5th Character
I think Phoenix would be a fun character to play as. I'm low key hoping he makes it in. ;)

So looking at the costumes that are missing we are missing 3 Capcom Miis, 2 Square Miis, and 3 Namco Miis. Isn't just as possible they moved the Capcom Miis around because Dante or something is post pass and Namco is getting it's 3 back with Llyod?
That could be a possibility.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Likelyhoods based on missing Miis in my opinion:

Namco: Heihachi/Lloyd/Another classic arcade character
Capcom: Resident Evil/Monster Hunter
Square: Sora/Geno

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I mean people said the exact same thing about Hero after we already got Joker. The fact we got two from the same genre back to back already makes any idea of exclusion based on genre silly. You can say that because we pay up front it might be weird but at the same time you were warned if you weren't confident to buy as they came out. There's a very high chance you're wrong because again none of the points you made as to why 5 wouldn't be Llyod or Heihachi mean anything except to you and you aren't the dev team. And even if we do get a new genre in there it still wouldn't have anything to do with your reasons.
They went over several points as to why additional JRPG characters such as Lloyd are still perfectly viable Smash Ultimate DLC candidates despite us already having joker and Hero. Lloyd is completely viable even at the VGAs imo as Corrin and Bayonetta who were both pretty meh who Nintendo were heavily involved in the decision which suggests that Nintendo may only attempt to make 5 hype inducing but not guarantee

Yeah, we got two in a row, a character whose main game is strictly Playstation-exclusive, and then four characters in one to represent literally the most popular RPG franchise in Japan. Compared to those two reveals, Tales... isn’t exactly a standout.

And the point that I think matters the most in general is the TGA one. If this really was intended to be the only five characters we’re getting, then Nintendo very likely planned out this year of content pretty well in advance, to have it start and end right at these massive gaming events. I just can’t see them dropping a character like Lloyd or Heihachi there.

Especially Lloyd, since he’s been a pretty sizable fan request and Fatman is talking about how those are all going to be post-pass, which despite how I may sound here I think he has an incredibly good chance for, and overall I wouldn’t mind him at all as a character, or Heihachi for that matter. I just don’t personally think that either makes sense as #5 considering how things have gone so far. If I’m wrong, I’ll be more annoyed at Nintendo for ****ing up the ordering than I would be at the character itself.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I think people are getting their hopes weirdly up for #5. I've been looking around various sites and here and have seen absolutely sky high expectations so I figured I'd say something. Yes, it is the end of the pass but if people are expecting a reveal as big or bigger than Banjo, you're going to be disappointed. I used to disagree with this but, yeah, Nintendo's not exactly super great with final reveals for Smash games with the most hype final reveal being Ness for the original twenty years ago.

It's not hard to name bigger characters for all these games. Mewtwo for Melee, Sonic for Brawl, Little Mac, Palutena, and Cloud for Smash 4, and K. Rool, Banjo, and Ridley for Ultimate. That said, this is why I've been banging the drum (and then yer mum) for post pass because it seems like a hard steer back to big fan favorites based on what I know. I still think #5 will make people happy but to the same effect as Hero and Terry, not Banjo.
Yeah, we got two in a row, a character whose main game is strictly Playstation-exclusive, and then four characters in one to represent literally the most popular RPG franchise in Japan. Compared to those two reveals, Tales... isn’t exactly a standout.

And the point that I think matters the most in general is the TGA one. If this really was intended to be the only five characters we’re getting, then Nintendo very likely planned out this year of content pretty well in advance, to have it start and end right at these massive gaming events. I just can’t see them dropping a character like Lloyd or Heihachi there.

Especially Lloyd, since he’s been a pretty sizable fan request and Fatman is talking about how those are all going to be post-pass, which despite how I may sound here I think he has an incredibly good chance for, and overall I wouldn’t mind him at all as a character, or Heihachi for that matter. I just don’t personally think that either makes sense as #5 considering how things have gone so far. If I’m wrong, I’ll be more annoyed at Nintendo for ****ing up the ordering than I would be at the character itself.
Above it seems that Fatman also seemed to have said that fighter 5 is going to be fairly low? Am I missing something?

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
I'd rarher have Cless in smash than Lloyd, especially if that meqns Klaus and Arche get an appearance.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

He niche sure sure but so was DQ and Persona and yet here we are. Llyod's series is a very famous RPG series and it's even starting to take off here. He's honestly got more WOW factor than Persona if we take out the unexpected angle which gave Joker any note. In fact you're only calling Persona standout because of Smash. Before Smash Persona was eclipsed by Smash in terms of notability. And still has way more in sales that the series, in fact it's about double. As for fan demand it's a little overblown for Llyod right now because he's being talked about. He's never been a super high name in Smash. And that's coming from a fan of the series. He's only getting so much attention now because so may others died off.
Really mate, I get where you are coming from but at the same time I think you are just too caught up in things that don't matter. We got super niche characters in Joker and Terry and Sakurai isn't putting stock into genres. Really it comes down to what makes sense to the company and so far that hasn't meant paying attention to where reveals are taking place otherwise Hero wouldn't have been E3 and Joker wouldn't have been VGA. There probably is a method to these reveals but this line of thinking isn't it.
I'd rarher have Cless in smash than Lloyd, especially if that meqns Klaus and Arche get an appearance.
Yeah there's a few I'd rather have than Llyod too. My personal pick would be Luke since it's the game that got me into the series but I'll support Llyod too since he's for sure it as the rep.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Above it seems that Fatman also seemed to have said that fighter 5 is going to be fairly low? Am I missing something?
The thing is, I’m not trying to talk him down or anything, and he can correct me if I’m misinterpreting his words here, but Fatman appears to be using “more obscure” in two separate ways: It won’t be a giant megastar character like Sony or Master Chief, but it also won’t be a giant fan request either, with those largely being saved for post-pass. I’m personally expecting something on the level of Dark Souls, going by that. Not a superstar megahit on the Sony/Chief/Sora level, and not really known in Smash speculation, but a relatively popular series that could make for a great rep.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
I mean, JRPG or not, Lloyd would entail some amazing music coming with him. I would pay the price for him just for the Tales of music alone. That's what excites me the most about the possibility of him being in.

That said, I think we should listen to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and not expect characters like Master Chief or Crash Bandicoot. Me personally, I think we're getting either Dante, Jill Valentine (or another RE fighter) or, of course, Lloyd. Geno will be post pass for sure.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
So regarding Namco reps, who do you guys want? For me personally, I would want a Soul Calibur rep like Yoshimitsu or Nightmare.
Definitely Lloyd. If we end up getting Tekken I hope we get Yoshimitsu instead of heihachi. Imo he’s a lot cooler and he’d rep 2 series at the same time. Also I think characters like the Prince and Dig Dug would be cool but hard tom implement, but this is the guy who made Wii fit and Piranha Plant playable

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

I knew the 5th fighter was Pink Gold Peach!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The thing is, I’m not trying to talk him down or anything, and he can correct me if I’m misinterpreting his words here, but Fatman appears to be using “more obscure” in two separate ways: It won’t be a giant megastar character like Sony or Master Chief, but it also won’t be a giant fan request either, with those largely being saved for post-pass. I’m personally expecting something on the level of Dark Souls, going by that. Not a superstar megahit on the Sony/Chief/Sora level, and not really known in Smash speculation, but a relatively popular series that could make for a great rep.
I think someone like Lloyd Irving or Phoenix Wright fits the bill here.

Edit: "and not really known in Smash speculation" How did I miss that. :facepalm:

Okay, maybe it could be KOS-MOS since she isn't that popular.

Last edited:

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
Yeah there's a few I'd rather have than Llyod too. My personal pick would be Luke since it's the game that got me into the series but I'll support Llyod too since he's for sure it as the rep.
I don't think Lloyd is the most popular amongst the fanbase, that'd easily be Yuri, right? We could have another Cloud situation where we get the most popular one from tye series.Even for Project X Zone they used Vesperia.

andree123

Smash Ace
Would it be awesome if we have a double fighter announcement of Geno and Sylux in one trailer, why, because they both have arm cannons.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Lloyd may not be that exciting for people, but he'd definitely put me over the moon. He's my number three guy, and any time I get one I've been after for a while it's such a great feeling.

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I thought Fatman meant along the lines of characters like Game and watch or Olimar. I suspect it still points towards Tales though

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't think Lloyd is the most popular amongst the fanbase, that'd easily be Yuri, right?
There is a reason he got that Mii costume you know. :rolleyes:

I knew it, Luigi is finally getting in Smash! People are over there wanting Mario, but Luigi is obviously the superior pick.
Come on man! You know everyone want's the Wah instead.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Wait a minute, forget what I said. I don’t think it can be Lloyd at all

He has been requested by this community ever since Brawl, he would CERTAINLY cause a bigger stir than Terry & Hero. So it simply can’t be him.

The plot thickens.....

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I don't think Lloyd is the most popular amongst the fanbase, that'd easily be Yuri, right? We could have another Cloud situation where we get the most popular one from tye series.Even for Project X Zone they used Vesperia.
Honestly the most popular is a tie between Leon and Yuri. They both won so many popularity polls that they are included in what the call the hall of fame and no longer allowed as selections. However Sakurai stated if he went for a Tales character it would be Llyod and while that could change I don't think it is has since the popularity thing was the exact same then as it is now.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm mostly saying this because, especially in the PapaGenos Discord, there seems to be this wide spread idea that #5 absolutely has to be a character so amazing and awe inspiring that everyone who sees the trailer will violently **** their pants and cry uncontrollably from the sheer majesty of it but, not to knock the potential candidates for #5 because I think they're all great, Nintendo has never saved the best for last.
Thar's why I'm speculating on Layton, he's a character people would respond to positively, but not Banjo or Joker levels of hype

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Wait a minute, forget what I said. I don’t think it can be Lloyd at all

He has been requested by this community ever since Brawl, he would CERTAINLY cause a bigger stir than Terry & Hero. So it simply can’t be him.

The plot thickens.....
Haha nice sarcasm you had me going for a bit there... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom