• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If Sakurai wanted to thank someone with a big sendoff then really it would either be Namco because of the work they've done together on Smash so far, or Nintendo themselves for giving him this opportunity. No earthly idea who the heck he'd pick on the Nintendo side of things as a thank you considering all their largest names are in. That leaves Namco. Perhaps fighter 5 was that character they view is their face since Pacman isn't doing it for them. So I'm back at Llyod or Heihachi being 5.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Dark Souls wouldn't shock me at all. It's Namco, I'm pretty sure Sakurai likes it, it had a recent release on Switch, it's popular in Japan, and barely anyone wants a character from it in Smash

Ticks all the boxes!
Its also a character from Bandai, and that could be sakurais way of saying thank you to the makers of smash bros and Dark souls since he respects it so much.
ITS ALL COMING TOGETHER

ganjo

Smash Cadet
Namco is the only solid guess. The Pac-man statement made me think many of the on-staff Bandai Namco workers don't identify with him as you might think, so maybe a Namco character that's more prominent in the modern structure of the company might be coming.
And Tekken basically is Namco's most prominent franchise nowadays. Pac-Man in general sold more, but the climax of his sales was a few decades ago.
From a marketing-standpoint it makes the most sense.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Annnnd I caught up. Well well well...Looks like something is starting to stir in the insiders inner circle.

From all I have seen, I think Dark Souls is going to take FP5. I could honestly see it with Atlus getting Joker (Part of Sega) and Hero from the Enix of Square-Enix. Then Namco could get a rep from From Software.

Also....if its Artorias, I would laugh myself silly. Google Theory!

D

Deleted member

I got it John Marston from Red Dead Redemption, he can use his pistol and revolver and punches and kicks. In his presentation Sakurai would wear a cowboy hat and talk about how he loves the series and John Marston was a perfect fit. Got to get those Red Dead and Red Dead Redemption 2 songs in.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

When you think about it, there’s Capcom vs SNK, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Geese as a DLC character in Tekken 7. Smash is the perfect opportunity to be a game where Ryu and Ken, Terry Bogard, and Heihachi or Jin all in the same game!

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I got it John Marston from Red Dead Redemption, he can use his pistol and revolver and punches and kicks. In his presentation Sakurai would wear a cowboy hat and talk about how he loves the series and John Marston was a perfect fit. Got to get those Red Dead and Red Dead Redemption 2 songs in.
I was thinking about how Arthur Morgan (Or John) would completely break the internet the other day.

A pipe dream, but that is something I would love to see. RDR2 is one of my favorite games of all time.

D

Deleted member

Artorias and Solaire huh don't know much about Dark souls but I 'm down for anyone.

So praise the sun.

I guess.

ganjo

Smash Cadet
When you think about it, there’s Capcom vs SNK, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Geese as a DLC character in Tekken 7. Smash is the perfect opportunity to be a game where Ryu and Ken, Terry Bogard, and Heihachi or Jin all in the same game!
Yes! It would really be the greatest crossover in fighting game history! Many people do not see what importance that would have, as something like this has never happened before!

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Again, it's most likely a coincidence but between "sad souls" in Banjo and "Namco's character" with Terry, those are probably just coincidences to Dark Souls.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
If it really is a Namco rep, I don’t care who it is as long as it is not Lloyd.

I understand he has his fans, but he’d be such a boring pick for me personally.

I have no connection to the Tales series at all, he simply would just be.... meh.

Heihachi and a Dark Souls rep would be way more hype imo.

D

Deleted member

I was thinking about how Arthur Morgan (Or John) would completely break the internet the other day.

A pipe dream, but that is something I would love to see. RDR2 is one of my favorite games of all time.
Yeah I wish and you're right ether would be amazing also yes I adore Red Dead Redemption 2, as well and it's definetly one of my favourite games as well. I more so said it in a joking manner. But dang would be cool too Se ether of them. Doubt they'll happen but cool to dream. Oh well we got two awesome games instead that the developers from Rockstar Games created with two badass cowboys that people can remember. For now that's enough. Maybe one day but for now yeah good enough.

D

Deleted member

So is there a reason people think Layton has a higher chance then Wright?
Well it's not exactly a "who has a higher chance" but more-so comparing how many possible characters Capcom has (Leon, Jill, Dante, Amaterasu, Phoenix, Etc.) to Level 5 as who else would you choose from Level 5? Jibanyan? Yo-Kai watch is pretty much dead at this point or at least a lot less popular than it was.

It's not exactly a 1;1 comparison.

Droodle

Smash Lord
The thing that hurts Layton's chances the most is that Level-5 is pretty much dead at this point due to how many stupid mistakes they made in the last couple years.

They tried too hard to get another Yokai Watch level franchise, and pretty much failed horribly from there. Unless there next game ends up being a huge hit, they are done for.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think Layton is more likely because

1. within his own Parent company he has less competetion (He only has Jibyian to deal with). Compare that to Phoenix who was Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter to deal with at least (Even Okami can fit in too)

2. Layton actually as a franchise has sole more than Ace Attorney has

3. Layton would be a more interesting character to see in Smash compared to Wright. This is because unlike Wright, Layton hasn't been in a fighting game before

in this situation i think this gives an edge over Wright because that means Layton wouldn't feel like a Rehash of old threads, and would be something unique to Smash. UMVC3 pretty much gave a complete overview of how Wright would play in a Fighting game, and considering how much of Wright's moveset was already made up for that game, it's likely that if Wright were to get in he'd just be a rehash of UMVC3, but just in a Smash setting

While other characters in Smash have been in Fighting games before they were in Smash, they took elements from them, but never rehashed them. I think because the source material doesn't add much that Wright would just be rehashed from UMVC3, so that's why i think it would just be more interesting if they went with Layton instead. on top of that, Layton has more material in the source material to supplement a Fighting game moveset than Wright ever did/does

ganjo

Smash Cadet
If it really is a Namco rep, I don’t care who it is as long as it is not Lloyd.

I understand he has his fans, but he’d be such a boring pick for me personally.

I have no connection to the Tales series at all, he simply would just be.... meh.

Heihachi and a Dark Souls rep would be way more hype imo.
I can completely relate and agree with you!

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Yes! It would really be the greatest crossover in fighting game history! Many people do not see what importance that would have, as something like this has never happened before!
In fairness, getting in Lloyd would unite the big 3 JRPGs. Tales of, Dragon Quest, and Final Fantasy. That would also be pretty big

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
In fairness, getting in Lloyd would unite the big 3 JRPGs. Tales of, Dragon Quest, and Final Fantasy. That would also be pretty big
They are already united. You are forgetting Pokemon.

Imo, we should probably take a break from JRPG reps for awhile.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Nah we should just add cool characters because they are cool not because of stupid arbitrary crap like weapon or genre.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
So I haven’t caught up yet, but what’s with the rumor about Fighter #5 being a tag team fighter? How did that start?

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Then you got Akira from Virtua Fighter as an Assist Trophy. All that's missing is an ArcSystem character, Sol Badguy, and you got all the great fighting game characters in Smash Bros.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Okay, so the Theory of 6 posits that Geno and Chocobo would've come with Hero, the Capcom characters with Banjo, and Heihachi with Terry, right? (Correct me if I'm wrong) That leaves, If I'm thinking through it correctly, just Lloyd and Gil left of the Smash 4 costumes. Both Namco characters, but also both Swordfighters.

With post-FP characters kinda changing things around according to the theory, it may not happen that way, but it definitely seems like we were probably meant to get Lloyd and Gil with FP#5 originally (assuming Lloyd isn't the character). Whether they do or don't, though, I think that strengthens the case for 5 at least being a sword-wielder, and considering both Lloyd and Gil are Namco characters on top of that, puts more stock in the idea of Lloyd or a Dark Souls character being the last fighter. A Dark Souls rep especially would be something that could be "safely" revealed at VGA since it's had such a presence in the Western side of gaming, same as Joker.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Terry recently launching kind of helps that
No, it's not that. A lot of posts were deleted due to a very frightening incident. However, it seems the mods want this out of this topic, so I won't talk about it here.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Then you got Akira from Virtua Fighter as an Assist Trophy. All that's missing is an ArcSystem character, Sol Badguy, and you got all the great fighting game characters in Smash Bros.
Hmmm, seems my previous post got deleted. Anywho

If Ryu Hayabusa joins in as well he technically would be representing Dead or Alive as well as Ninja Gaiden. So that’ll mean Smash Ultimate would have all the big fighting games represented in one place, if a Tekken character gets in.

D

Deleted member

I just got a message I assume you all did too. Let's just hope for the best and get the topic back to where it needs to be. Okay um so character #5 who could it be? Was that where we were at?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No, it's not that. A lot of posts were deleted due to a very frightening incident. However, it seems the mods want this out of this topic, so I won't talk about it here.
That is the case, and I appreciate your cooperation as the website's staff handles things.

Users may send any concerns to me via a Private Conversation if they have questions; in the meantime, please discuss things you normally would here in the Geno thread. Thank you!

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Hmmm, seems my previous post got deleted. Anywho

If Ryu Hayabusa joins in as well he technically would be representing Dead or Alive as well as Ninja Gaiden. So that’ll mean Smash Ultimate would have all the big fighting games represented in one place, if a Tekken character gets in.
Honestly Kasumi should get in as the Dead or Alive rep. There needs to be more female fighting game characters and it doesn't seem like Chun-li or Mai going to get added any time soon.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Just to update of my stance on Lloyd, while I would still prefer Heihachi, I’d tolerate him more if he was a post pass fighter.

However, I still think he would be a very anticlimatic way to end this pass.

I think listening to this song is what made me warm up to him a bit.

https://youtu.be/UxtPCpPUCdw

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That is the case, and I appreciate your cooperation as the website's staff handles things.

Users may send any concerns to me via a Private Conversation if they have questions; in the meantime, please discuss things you normally would here in the Geno thread. Thank you!
Thank you Strong Bad I hope everything turns out for the best and my best wishes with everything. We'll get back to our normal discussion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom