• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Just for fun, what are your guys' mains? I'm not super competitive with Smash, but I do play without items and I do play more characters than is typically seen.

I started playing Smash at a younger age in Brawl. I played these characters: :ultpikachu: and :ultmetaknight: (didn't know he was op).

In Smash 4, I remained playing as Pikachu and Meta Knight, but I also added: :ultsonic: and :ultolimar:

Then, when Ultimate came out, I added these lovely lads: :ultridley: and:ultpichu: and :ultjoker:

My best characters are probably Pikachu (+ Pichu) and Joker, with Olimar and Sonic close behind. I know that people typically only have one or two mains, but I just have gravitated to these guys over the years and don't want to give them up. I chose Pikachu in Brawl since I tried other characters and he felt the best to me as a youngin' (plus I, of course, knew him since I played Pokémon lol), and Meta Knight I just played because he looked awesome. I didn't really know Kirby at the time.

In Smash 4, I picked up Sonic because I've always liked the series (no matter how bad and cheesy it gets), and he felt better in Smash 4 than in Brawl. Olimar I picked up because I fell in love with the Pikmin franchise at the time thanks to Pikmin 3 (where is Pikmin 4...).

And lastly, Ultimate I picked Pichu because I had played Pikachu my whole Smash life, and I was probably gonna play Pichu regardless (though luckily he wasn't a joke like he was in Melee, so I actually play as him a bit as opposed to if he were a joke). Ridley I picked up because I fell in love with Metroid at the end of the Wii U's life (thanks Prime Trilogy) and I had always heard the cries for Ridley (even without me following speculation). I usually hate heavyweights that aren't quicker, but I somehow like Ridley a lot. Albeit I play him more casually, but still, I didn't expect to like him more than a casual distraction at times (like Incineroar for me). Now Joker is interesting, as I began to hear about Persona 5 right before his reveal. I was somewhat interested, but became fully into the idea of playing Persona when Joker stole his invite into Smash! *sigh* Man, I really want to play Persona 5, 4, and 3 (yes I'm a casual). So I guess while I wait to play Persona 5, Joker in Smash is my only alternative.

Don't really think anyone cares about any of this, but I just felt like typing in this out.
I'm not competitive or very good, but I'll still discuss who I mainly play as:
N64 Smash (just played casually): Samus and Ness

Melee (this is when I really started getting into video games and I was actually good at Melee and could keep up with my friends who played in tournaments and enjoyed the way a lot of the characters played): Still Samus plus Link, Zelda/Sheik, Marth, Dr Mario, and Falco and still a little Ness and some Game & Watch.

Brawl (disappointed by how much slower and awkward characters played but liked SSE and still enjoyed this game overall): Samus, Ness, but mostly Lucas

Sm4sh (played the least and was my least favorite): Villager, Samus, and later Lucas. No one else felt right to me in this game

Ultimate (my favorite Smash so far even though I no longer have enough time to play enough to be good at it. A lot of older characters feel really good to me in this game and my character selection has really opened up): I mainly play Lucas, Ness, Cloud, and Dark Samus. I also play some Banjo & Kazooie, Wii Fit Trainer, Zelda, Palutena, Yoshi, Little Mac, MegaMan. And I sometimes play as Joker, Piranha Plant, Simon/Richter. I used to play a good bit of Corrin, Mewtwo, and Inkling also. Overall, I find things to enjoy about playing as every character, but some (looking at you Terry, Rosalina, and Ridley) I'm just terrible at lol.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Yeah, Earthworm Jim is really underappreciated by today's standards. He'd be really out there and it'd be great. Then you could reenact some of the skits from Sonic For Hire, if you remember that one, lol.

Bug peeps represent!

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I’m 31. The very first Mario game I played was Super Mario Bros. on the NES, although it was my cousin’s. The first one I owned was World on the SNES. I had every Mario title that came out after that up until the New SMB stuff.

Mario RPG and TTYD are my favorite Mario RPG’s. I did love the Mario and Luigi series too though.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Heh, imagine if Earthworm Jim was #5. Haha, that'd never happen...
Right?

right?
Y’know this made me curious to find out who actually made Earthworm Jim. Wikipedia tells me it was developed by Shiny Entertainment which eventually became part of Double Helix which is now part of... Amazon. So, uh, y’think Sakurai knows Jeff Bezos?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah I don't either and I have no interest in it whatsoever. I'd skip and move on from that for sure.

Anyways quick question Fatmanonice Fatmanonice have any insiders heard about 2B being or not being in Smash?
Actually, that's an interesting question. I'd be chill with 2B (even though I've never played a single Nier game, she's quite the looker and my gay little heart loves that :drflip: ), but I wonder how CERO would take her. I'm sure she could work, but she'd likely have to be censored. Seeing how Yoko Taro loves focusing on her sex appeal (look at her in Soul Calibur rofl), would he even be okay with her being censored? Would Sakurai mind her being censored? Would they prefer her uncensored to best captivate the visual appeal of her character, or would they rather just forego her instead? Yoko Taro seemed very open to 2B getting into Smash, but CERO being a bit of a butt (while 2B is a HECK of a butt, if you know what I mean) is a bit... curious. Considering we got Bayonetta and didn't even get Mai Shiranui as a static spirit (so no revealing anything but cleavage and QUITE a bit of leg), it's a situation with a loooot of nuance.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I'd unironically like Earthworm Jim, not gonna lie. His status right now reminds me a bit of Banjo and Kazooie, with two fondly remembered games and some mixed bags afterwards, except he's nowhere near as requested. Quite the groovy character, though

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
In regards to DOOM Slayer, despite him supposedly being said not to be DLC Fighter #5, I would like to bring into discussion the tweet where id Software announces that DOOM Eternal's release date was moved to March 20th, 2020. A few days ago, thinking back on this (also mentioned it in the DOOM Slayer support thread) I thought, "what if DOOM Eternal's delay has to do anything with DOOM Slayer coming to Smash?" Perhaps the delay was due to not only id Software polishing the game more, but they might have also lent some resources to the team working on the SSBU DLC. It also came to mind that another highly awaited game was also delayed to release on that very same day; Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Now, if DOOM Slayer will in fact NOT be Fighter #5 of the Pass, these developments do line up for his reveal post Pass.

The current Fighters Pass is expected to be fully released by February 2020. Observing the dates of past Nintendo Directs, within the current and last year, Directs have been presented between February and March. Given that Animal Crossing: New Horizons will be releasing within the first quarter, we can expect perhaps some more info on the game. Within that same Direct, we can also expect to see more on DOOM Eternal... as well as... the possibility of DOOM Slayer's reveal alongside Eternal's segment.

These are of course my humble thoughts on this particular matter.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Yeah, Earthworm Jim is really underappreciated by today's standards. He'd be really out there and it'd be great. Then you could reenact some of the skits from Sonic For Hire, if you remember that one, lol.

Bug peeps represent!
i remember Sonic for Hire, Sucks that it's mostly gone from the face of the earth.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Further building on Jim, didn't he first appear on the SNES? Him and Geno would probably get along since they both stink that 90s stank. :4pacman:

ivanlerma ivanlerma , they did make a Season 8 with Eggman's kid but...it just wasn't as good, honestly.

Last edited:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Have his intro the same as he was introduced in the manga: Nailed to a cross by a motorcycle gang...

..........you think I'm joking don't ya. I can't make it up if I tried :yoshi:
YES that would be perfect.

Yeah I don't either and I have no interest in it whatsoever. I'd skip and move on from that for sure.

Anyways quick question Fatmanonice Fatmanonice have any insiders heard about 2B being or not being in Smash?
Oh ok shoto i see how it is. IM NOT SAD YOU ARE.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Not enough talk is made of like... point and click adventure game reps. Guybrush, King Graham and ESPECIALLY Sam and Max. God if Sam and Max had even a ghost of a chance I would be thrilled.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Further building on Jim, didn't he first appear on the SNES? Him and Geno would probably get along since they both stink that 90s stank. :4pacman:
On the Genesis technically, but they're both oozing with that 90s energy

They're stinky boomers, I'll tell ya :4pacman:

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Not enough talk is made of like... point and click adventure game reps. Guybrush, King Graham and ESPECIALLY Sam and Max. God if Sam and Max had even a ghost of a chance I would be thrilled.
I'd like to throw the most unlikely pick of Joey Claire into the ring, please.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
The game awards would probably be a good event for that. If i remember correctly, Reggie at last year's game awards said that the pass would consist of characters you would not expect, and while that was probably mainly marketing words, there have been a couple characters like Terry who came out of left field. Sakurai has been pushing what characters can get in, especially with Banjo, being owned by a competitor. If Sakurai really wanted to make this the ultimate Smash game, there is always a chance he went or he could go to Sony for a character. And thinking about that alone, is hype.

With that said, has king zell leaked other stuff as well? I would like to get more knowledge before really trusting him.
He also leaked Animal Crossing before the 9/13/18 reveal, and TWEWY being on Switch, though I don’t remember if it was a port or remake.

Thats all I can remember right now, because it has been a long time since people have mentioned his name here. However, when he was leaking earlier this year, he was regarded as Shinobi levels of trustworthy among everyone here and among insiders.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Oh man, if we’re talking about Earthworm Jim, then what about Toejam and Earl as playable characters?

If I remember correctly, the Toejam and Earl Twitter account has mentioned Geno for Smash. Pretty neat!

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
A Homestuck on the internet? That's impossible.

(Unless Toby Fox somehow showed Sakurai Homestuck during his visit, I doubt it)
To be fair, Toby's the reason Homestuck is on the Nintendo website, so...

Besides, we have Vriska's theme, like come on

Terezi's best troll, don't @ me

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I would like if they returned to unfinished characters that one would be Dixie Kong.

Maybe #5 is Jill Valentine.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I don't answer questions about specific characters. I do this because if I do it for one person, it opens the floodgates. Here's a summary of characters I can talk about because other people have come out and talked about them:

Geno- you all pretty much know where I stand on him. Basic summary: chances look great.

Ryu- I'm personally suspicious of him but I was of Hero too so...

Crash- Like Doom Guy, probably not coming until E3 at the earliest.

Doom Guy: See above and only very recently talked about.

Reimu- Haven't heard anything.

KOS-MOS- Haven't heard anything.

Sora- Haven't heard anything but people think he's probably coming by the end of DLC anyways.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
All of this boomer and zoomer talk. Let me say this: I'm 19 and while my first Mario game was Super Mario 3D Land, I own a NES and SNES classic and have tried a lot of the older Mario games. Heck, when I was 8 my uncle showed me his Atari 2600 and let me play some games. While I mostly grew up with the PS2, I also had some PS1 games like MGS and Rayman. By the way, I have a Wii game that is a compilation of SNK games like King of Fighters and Metal Slug. I have Atari Anthology on my PS2 and I've played it for more than a couple hours.

I'm just dripping with gaming knowledge and experience. How's that? So you boomers can shut up about how us younglings don't want to try older games because "8-bit pixel graphics". Well maybe not all of us zoomers are ignorant and close-minded. omg I'm such a hardcore gamer. I'm so cool.

But seriously, jokes aside, I do appreciate both retro and modern gaming. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

Now let me stop here because this is getting off-topic.

D

Deleted member

I don't answer questions about specific characters. I do this because if I do it for one person, it opens the floodgates. Here's a summary of characters I can talk about because other people have come out and talked about them:

Geno- you all pretty much know where I stand on him. Basic summary: chances look great.

Ryu- I'm personally suspicious of him but I was of Hero too so...

Crash- Like Doom Guy, probably not coming until E3 at the earliest.

Doom Guy: See above and only very recently talked about.

Reimu- Haven't heard anything.

KOS-MOS- Haven't heard anything.

Sora- Haven't heard anything but people think he's probably coming by the end of DLC anyways.
Alright I'll just take that as a haven't heard anything.

What about your personal opinion on her? Do you think she's likely disregarding insider talk and everything?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Actually I Do have 1 Question for everyone on this board

Since the Geno thread tends to be popular for Leak and/or Rumor Speak, what happens if Geno Gets in? does all the rumor info stay here or does it migrate somewhere else?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
so... "dont expect a ton of promotions".... is that different than "don't expect *any* promotions? Also, does a spirit count as a promotion. Or just Assist Trophys/Mii Costumes

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I would like if they returned to unfinished characters that one would be Dixie Kong.

Maybe #5 is Jill Valentine.
Dixie would be great, I’m always down for another Kong

At first I was very much not into the idea of an RE rep, but now I think Jill with her RE1 look would be a great pick. Something that doesn’t come up with Smash characters a lot is that they all have pretty distinctive designs. Just about any one of them you could boil down to an accessorized stick figure and they’d still be recognizable, and I think Jill with the beret and the shoulder pads fits that.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Well, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice to change the topic from just insider stuff, and open to others, here is the most important question:

When Geno is playable, how many of his amiibos are you buying? 27?

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Honestly Kratos would probably be the biggest shocker with how stubborn Sony is with competition. If they added him and Master Chief, that would break the internet. Kratos vs Master Chief vs Mario. People would go nuts.
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one out there who would appreciate it more if we could keep the super serious characters at a minimum.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Just for fun, what are your guys' mains? I'm not super competitive with Smash, but I do play without items and I do play more characters than is typically seen.

I started playing Smash at a younger age in Brawl. I played these characters: :ultpikachu: and :ultmetaknight: (didn't know he was op).

In Smash 4, I remained playing as Pikachu and Meta Knight, but I also added: :ultsonic: and :ultolimar:

Then, when Ultimate came out, I added these lovely lads: :ultridley: and:ultpichu: and :ultjoker:

My best characters are probably Pikachu (+ Pichu) and Joker, with Olimar and Sonic close behind. I know that people typically only have one or two mains, but I just have gravitated to these guys over the years and don't want to give them up. I chose Pikachu in Brawl since I tried other characters and he felt the best to me as a youngin' (plus I, of course, knew him since I played Pokémon lol), and Meta Knight I just played because he looked awesome. I didn't really know Kirby at the time.

In Smash 4, I picked up Sonic because I've always liked the series (no matter how bad and cheesy it gets), and he felt better in Smash 4 than in Brawl. Olimar I picked up because I fell in love with the Pikmin franchise at the time thanks to Pikmin 3 (where is Pikmin 4...).

And lastly, Ultimate I picked Pichu because I had played Pikachu my whole Smash life, and I was probably gonna play Pichu regardless (though luckily he wasn't a joke like he was in Melee, so I actually play as him a bit as opposed to if he were a joke). Ridley I picked up because I fell in love with Metroid at the end of the Wii U's life (thanks Prime Trilogy) and I had always heard the cries for Ridley (even without me following speculation). I usually hate heavyweights that aren't quicker, but I somehow like Ridley a lot. Albeit I play him more casually, but still, I didn't expect to like him more than a casual distraction at times (like Incineroar for me). Now Joker is interesting, as I began to hear about Persona 5 right before his reveal. I was somewhat interested, but became fully into the idea of playing Persona when Joker stole his invite into Smash! *sigh* Man, I really want to play Persona 5, 4, and 3 (yes I'm a casual). So I guess while I wait to play Persona 5, Joker in Smash is my only alternative.

Don't really think anyone cares about any of this, but I just felt like typing in this out.
How did I miss this? This sounds like a great idea. I was pretty competitive during Melee days, but that was only around my close circle of friends. I stopped after that when I got to heated and did not like what I was becoming. So now I play casual with a bit of competitive flair with the same friends.

Smash 64 was the first and I got it because...I can beat up Mario as Link!? :link64: and :fox64: were the ones I played quite a bit. They were my mains because I loved the games they came from. (Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64)

Melee taught me what HYPE meant. During that time :ganondorfmelee:, :mewtwomelee: and :roymelee: were the ones I used the most. Mewtwo was my competitive go to, because I really wanted to prove I could beat my friends with him. Not sure why, but I really loved Roy! Flame swordsman!? AWESOME!

Brawl arrived after I was fresh out of high school and starting community college. Oh man. Me and my best friend took the weekend off to play through SSE...those were the times! :squirtle:,:snake: and :sonic: were the ones I played the most during those times. I LOVE Metal Gear Solid and I grew up with Sonic so those two being in...meant the world to me. I lost my mind when Snake showed up and Sonic just shattered what was left.

Sm4sh was the work days and thinking I was finishing College (Spoilers: never did) I was kind of indifferent about Smash Wii U until I saw my favorite character get revealed. :4robinm: WAS MY DREAM PIC! I started Fire Emblem in Gamecube days and I picked up FE Awakening (God I loved that game and story). Robin and :4palutena: became my mains...Then DLC happened. :4lucas: and :4cloud: joined the ranks. I loved FF7 as it was my first and I am probably on Maximillan levels of love towards that game. I played Mother 3 during that time and...Lord, what a beautiful game.

Now...we have ULTIMATE! :ultsimon:,:ultkrool:,:ultrobin:,:ultcloud:,:ultpichu:,:ultmewtwo: and :ultchrom: are my mains and then MORE DLC. :ultjoker: was my pipe dream pick. I played Persona 5 and just fell in love. :ulthero: I am currently playing DQ 11 S but I played 8 and 9. 8 was great! :ultbanjokazooie: was a late play in my life, but God I AM GLAD THEY ARE HOME! :ult_terry: Reminds me of playing arcades at the laundromat. KoF 94 was their and I loved/hated it haha.

Sorry this was long gang! But my mains are picked with personal experience to their lore/games.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Alright I'll just take that as a haven't heard anything.

What about your personal opinion on her? Do you think she's likely disregarding insider talk and everything?
I know nothing about the character aside from that weird internet rumor that somehow hit major gaming news that she was given a photo-realistic asshole in her game and she's made several cameos including the latest Soul Caliber.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
With all this boomer, zoomer stuff... all I think about is the boss boomer from SMRPG. Not a boomer, but someone who had a family that appreciated gaming, actually had my first mario being the NES super mario bros, though i remember 3 more fondly.

Sad to see the mii "leak" essentially debunked, but glad that Geno is still thoroughly in the running. I keep imagining different parts of his potential moveset, grateful that sakurai will do a good job with the character.

as far as amiibo? if any get released for the second wave of fighters, His may be the first and only one I buy. Geno needs all the support he can get, and I would be so pumped if he broke out of more than just smash.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I know nothing about the character aside from that weird internet rumor that somehow hit major gaming news that she was given a photo-realistic asshole in her game and she's made several cameos including the latest Soul Caliber.
Oh okay, well that's understand th—

... rumor about what now

T2by4

Smash Lord

I was iffy on 2b, mainly because I never played the game before. Listened to some of the music...

Yeah, I think 2b would be a good pick. The music alone is hype incarnate.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
"We understand that fans may not be happy with a single pokemon being added every single time we release a new smash bros. So guess what? Fighters Pass 2 is ALL POKEMON! BOO YAH, GOT'CHA GOOD!" :4pacman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom