• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Technically with this reusing assets talk, you could easily make a case for someone like Porky and Marx, who already have models and even attacks to work off. Plus Porky isn't even in Ultimate

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Okay guys, I'm going to risk my job by releasing this information but...the 5th fighter is the Goose from Untitled Goose Game.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Just for fun, what are your guys' mains? I'm not super competitive with Smash, but I do play without items and I do play more characters than is typically seen.

I started playing Smash at a younger age in Brawl. I played these characters: :ultpikachu: and :ultmetaknight: (didn't know he was op).

In Smash 4, I remained playing as Pikachu and Meta Knight, but I also added: :ultsonic: and :ultolimar:

Then, when Ultimate came out, I added these lovely lads: :ultridley: and:ultpichu: and :ultjoker:

My best characters are probably Pikachu (+ Pichu) and Joker, with Olimar and Sonic close behind. I know that people typically only have one or two mains, but I just have gravitated to these guys over the years and don't want to give them up. I chose Pikachu in Brawl since I tried other characters and he felt the best to me as a youngin' (plus I, of course, knew him since I played Pokémon lol), and Meta Knight I just played because he looked awesome. I didn't really know Kirby at the time.

In Smash 4, I picked up Sonic because I've always liked the series (no matter how bad and cheesy it gets), and he felt better in Smash 4 than in Brawl. Olimar I picked up because I fell in love with the Pikmin franchise at the time thanks to Pikmin 3 (where is Pikmin 4...).

And lastly, Ultimate I picked Pichu because I had played Pikachu my whole Smash life, and I was probably gonna play Pichu regardless (though luckily he wasn't a joke like he was in Melee, so I actually play as him a bit as opposed to if he were a joke). Ridley I picked up because I fell in love with Metroid at the end of the Wii U's life (thanks Prime Trilogy) and I had always heard the cries for Ridley (even without me following speculation). I usually hate heavyweights that aren't quicker, but I somehow like Ridley a lot. Albeit I play him more casually, but still, I didn't expect to like him more than a casual distraction at times (like Incineroar for me). Now Joker is interesting, as I began to hear about Persona 5 right before his reveal. I was somewhat interested, but became fully into the idea of playing Persona when Joker stole his invite into Smash! *sigh* Man, I really want to play Persona 5, 4, and 3 (yes I'm a casual). So I guess while I wait to play Persona 5, Joker in Smash is my only alternative.

Don't really think anyone cares about any of this, but I just felt like typing in this out.
:ultswordfighter:. I mean the expressiveness, the character development is such a triumph. He elevates video games past art and into--

Ah, **** it, it's :ultyoshi:. It's always gonna be my boi. :yoshi:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
You kids need to fetch me my goddamn dentures is what you gotta do.

(In all seriousness, this is an excellent little idea... :drflip: )
Dentures? Boy you really are a boomer...:ultpacman:

You need your bifocals to see, grandma, not your dentures. Unless you intend on chewing me out for doing my newfangled zoomer stuff you boomers wouldn't understand.

(In all seriousness thank you, your art is good, so seeing an old man Geno would be funny I think. Can you give him a bushy beard? Please and thank you, Ms. Positive Vibes)

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Ovaltine Ovaltine Seeing as I am probably one of if not the youngest zoomer here, I demand for you (as a stereotypical self-entitled zoomer) to create an old-man boomer Geno. What with your fantastic art and all. ...for a boomer that is. If all you boomer folk want a boomer character, might as well make him look as boomer as you guys:ultpacman:

(Boomer sounds weird now)
Ok, Zoomer.
GenoBoomer.png

D

Deleted member

Out of curiosity, how do you think this board will react if someone like Kratos is revealed?
Well I can't speak for others but I for one would be excited. We already know Geno isn't FP5 so if someone like Kratos got in that would be awesome as we could do those "Nintendo vs Sega vs Microsoft vs Sony"-like battles and Kratos has a decently large history.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
wait a gosh diddly darn second

>existing assets

we counting characters who appear on stages or in final smashes?

Viridi... Pauline... FIORA?!

prob not but lemme dream (also paging NintenZ NintenZ )

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sorry to bother you, but I just want to ask for clarification on this point. Did Doom Slayer only become a serious part of the conversation after the Mallow/Cacodemon leak, or were there some rumblings just before it? I think there's a difference between him being brought up naturally in discussion and being spurred on by a leak; so I just want to make sure I understand this right.
Spurred by the leak. Aside from Bethesda's comments, he hasn't been a serious talking point. People do agree that he's definitely the front runner for a Bethesda rep and people do wonder if the recent DOOM content on the Switch is a precursor of things to come but nobody has heard anything. Despite his popularity, he's only very recently entered the conversation as a potential curve ball pick in the future.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Man, maybe it's just me, but I get so sick of these "Leak Middlemen" who can do nothing except deconfirm hopefuls and throw around vague notions that they've accumulated from a multitude of sources. This could be completely me, but I get a strange sense that some of these individuals take an arbitruary highground in regards to their supposed knowledge of what's to come. (Sabi in particular gives me these vibes.) Really all these people have done is work themselves into inner circles that can at times be sources of valuable and legitimate information. They often times reference information they have that they can't release definetely, which ultimately does nothing. If Sabi knows something that can't be shared, I don't even need to know that. What does that do for me? It's asinine to me, that one would reference themselves as a journalist when they gatekeep their precious and individual Intel while simultaneously stomping out every hint and leak that's been exposed to the public. It's the kind of thing that makes me wish nothing ever leaked. All these levels of insider-status only make it more difficult to trust anyone's word.

Just for the record, this is in no way a dig on the greatly appreciated Fatmanonice Fatmanonice . If anything, he helps in dissolving this dilemma by explaining what is being said, and whose truly saying it. I think its just lame that there isn't more of a clear categorization between real sources, and those who are part of a glorified game of telephone.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Honestly Kratos would probably be the biggest shocker with how stubborn Sony is with competition. If they added him and Master Chief, that would break the internet. Kratos vs Master Chief vs Mario. People would go nuts.
You know, I just thought of something very strange.

If I don’t recall, earlier this year, King Zell (Who leaked the ENTIRETY of the 2/13 direct) said that there would be an event so shocking, that’d it be the equivalent of “Mario on a PS4” (Around February).

Now, lets assume that the VGA will reveal FP5. If there was, say a Sony rep, either in development or being negotiated, wouldn’t that have been the perfect time to have heard about it, in this hypothetical scenario? And wouldn’t the VGAs be the perfect event to reveal this potential bombshell?

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
Spurred by the leak. Aside from Bethesda's comments, he hasn't been a serious talking point. People do agree that he's definitely the front runner for a Bethesda rep and people do wonder if the recent DOOM content on the Switch is a precursor of things to come but nobody has heard anything. Despite his popularity, he's only very recently entered the conversation as a potential curve ball pick in the future.
Yep, that's what I assumed, thanks. Still holding out hope for him to make it next "season", if he definitely isn't Challenger Pack 5.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
This is really random, but seeing all of these "boomers" in here reminisce about their first Mario games makes me chuckle (lovin' the "okay boomer" memes).

I'm probably one of the younger guys in this thread! Wanna know how young? My first Mario game was either New Super Mario Bros. or Mario Kart Wii (I can't remember specifically).

Go back to your rocking chairs boomers, and take your boomer doll with you.:ultpacman:
I'm also a "Zoomer" as well. New Super Mario Bros was also one of the first 2 Mario games I've played. The other was Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story. From there, I was always super into Mario RPG's. I eventually learned of the other games, and thanks to Wii Virtual Console, I actually did play Mario RPG back when I was like 12. I always thought Geno was a super cool character. Was pleasantly surprised when I found out there was a huge following for him to be in Smash. Though, it's a bit of shame since none of the people my age actually have played Mario RPG except for one

Man, thinking back, I really miss Mario RPG'S. With Paper Mario straying from its roots and Alphadream sadly filing for bankruptcy, it seems like Mario RPG'S are sadly dead. Hopefully if Geno gets in, we can bring them back

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
So correct me if i´m wrong but basically we need to wait for an insider to just straight up say who the next character is right?

D

Deleted member

If Kratos or Master Chief got in the Internet would have a meltdown .I'd love too see both especially Master Chief but doubt it will.

Still would be amazing though!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
****! WHO TOLD YOU?! Psychoincarnate, it's been fun these past 15 years but we've been found out and have to take our Sabi issued cyanide pills®... Fair well, old friend...
I knew all of you were a secret death cult controlling everything from the shadows.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I'm also a "Zoomer" as well. New Super Mario Bros was also one of the first 2 Mario games I've played. The other was Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story. From there, I was always super into Mario RPG's. I eventually learned of the other games, and thanks to Wii Virtual Console, I actually did play Mario RPG back when I was like 12. I always thought Geno was a super cool character. Was pleasantly surprised when I found out there was a huge following for him to be in Smash. Though, it's a bit of shame since none of the people my age actually have played Mario RPG except for one

Man, thinking back, I really miss Mario RPG'S. With Paper Mario straying from its roots and Alphadream sadly filing for bankruptcy, it seems like Mario RPG'S are sadly dead. Hopefully if Geno gets in, we can bring them back
That is one of the reasons I want Geno to make it in. The Mario RPGs are in a dire state right now, and though Geno's inclusion could amount to nothing to them, just putting those games in the spotlight again for once would be seriously appreciated

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shrek might be character #5 I mean he's got his roar punches and kicks and Donkey **** In Boots and Fiona could appear in his moveset maybe Sakurai finally is going to put an a movie or tv character in.

Yeah lame jokes aside looking forward to whoever it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
AW I see your a man of culture spatulo. Lets get bobobo, Don Patch and Jelly Jiggler in as a trio fighter. Also they has a bunch of Japanese only games

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Man, sure glad I threw away those odd white pill capsules. Sabi told me to get rid of them in cas--
*See's Fatmanonice Fatmanonice with one in his mouth* NOOOOOOOO!!!

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Shrek might be character #5 I mean he's got his roar punches and kicks and Donkey **** N' Boots and Fiona could appear in his moveset maybe Sakurai finally is going to put an a movie or tv character in.

Yeah lame jokes aside looking forward to whoever it is.
I like how the name of character from a children's movie got censored here

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
AW I see your a man of culture spatulo. Lets get bobobo, Don Patch and Jelly Jiggler in as a trio fighter. Also they has a bunch of Japanese only games
Have it be like in J-Stars and have Bo-bobo summon and in various ways beat up Don Patch and JJ to attack, it’d be perfect.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
You know, I just thought of something very strange.

If I don’t recall, earlier this year, King Zell (Who leaked the ENTIRETY of the 2/13 direct) said that there would be an event so shocking, that’d it be the equivalent of “Mario on a PS4” (Around February).

Now, lets assume that the VGA will reveal FP5. If there was, say a Sony rep, either in development or being negotiated, wouldn’t that have been the perfect time to have heard about it, in this hypothetical scenario? And wouldn’t the VGAs be the perfect event to reveal this potential bombshell?
The game awards would probably be a good event for that. If i remember correctly, Reggie at last year's game awards said that the pass would consist of characters you would not expect, and while that was probably mainly marketing words, there have been a couple characters like Terry who came out of left field. Sakurai has been pushing what characters can get in, especially with Banjo, being owned by a competitor. If Sakurai really wanted to make this the ultimate Smash game, there is always a chance he went or he could go to Sony for a character. And thinking about that alone, is hype.

With that said, has king zell leaked other stuff as well? I would like to get more knowledge before really trusting him.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Have his intro the same as he was introduced in the manga: Nailed to a cross by a motorcycle gang...

..........you think I'm joking don't ya. I can't make it up if I tried :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

I like how the name of character from a children's movie got censored here
I mean yeah I get cause the word is well. Not family friendly so I get I'll just say cat who wears boots next time probably.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
My first Mario game was Super Mario 64... a little while after it first came out. I was an early adopter of the N64 when my parents bought me one... when I was 4.

That's painful to type out for you damn zoomers. :p

As for mains, I've been rather consistent since Melee. I tended to flip-flop a lot with 64, but often stuck with like, Kirby or Pikachu. With Melee, I was a dedicated Mewtwo main, and with Brawl, I stuck with Sonic, given Mewtwo was out. With Smash 4 on the horizon, I was like, "Yeah, I'll likely just stick with Sonic again," but then Mewtwo DLC was unveiled, and I was like, "Oh. Now what?!" So I main one in one version of the game, and the other in the other version! :drflip:

When Ultimate was unveiled, I had a feeling I'd still stick with Sonic or Mewtwo, but then K. Rool happened. My mind changed very quickly. Then after that, we got B-K, and I was like, "AAAAAA?!?" Now I'm a dedicated Banjo-Kazooie main with K. Rool as my most common secondary, but Sonic and Mewtwo will always be secondaries of mine with a special place in my heart. If Geno happens, though, it's gonna be tough to choose between him and B-K for my main... I guess whichever one's play style sticks best with me?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I would like Earthworm Jim. He would be such a groovy character. He does have some moveset potential with a ray gun and his head that can be flung.

D

Deleted member

Geez imagine if it was Byleth in the end.

All those third-party characters all great then bam Byleth at the end. I would be happy too see him. Cause Fire Emblem: Three Houses is amazing.

But I doubt would honestly be something just too see everyone's reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom