• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I was fine with it. Went a bit longer than was needed, but it was still a good showcase. Frogger leak is dead, but that wasn't that big in the first place.

domriver

Smash Lord
I see why it was over 45 minutes. he plays classic mode with Terry LOL. It was nice to see Sakurai talk about Terry - his move set is fine/ok. 50 songs though :O

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
So either the leaks were fake or they were footage meant for a future presentation.

But a presentation for fighter #5 wasn't announced, so that lends credence to everybody who was saying fighter #5 will be revealed at the Game Awards. I guess we'll have to wait 'til then to see what's up.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
you can see the dedication sakurai and his team puts into stuff! I appreciate the dedication and all. I was wondering if there was going to be some new mode or something due to the timing of the video. But it’s all good. The Mii stuff was almost exactly what I was expecting, but the cheeks were clutched as well. Lol.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
Another month of debating the Cacomallow leak, I love it. Pretty much confirms either Geno or Doomguy or both are coming.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
The Psycho Soldier theme is now in the game, that’s awesome and makes sense since it was the first video game track to have actual vocals. :)

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
To be honest it wasn't hard to guess the stage name with the frogger leak especially since it was after the first gameplay show case. It said king of fighters and it was a stadium. Easy as 1 2 3

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
That did not have to be 45 minutes long. Why did we have to watch the entire Classic Mode? I was joking that Sakurai was going to go over every single moveset of Terry's, BUT THEY WENT THROUGH EVERYTHING! I'm surprise they didn't mention what kind of attack Terry does when he recovers from being knocked down.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Mii Costume bullet dodged!

Although i'm afraid to say, the Mallow/Smithy costume leaks are fake now. (NOT the Mallow/Cacodemon leak, the Mallow/Smithy leak) because that same leaker sent some Terry costumes which were not featured in this presentation.

D

Deleted member

That was worth the watch just for Sakurai to dunk on zoomers within like 4 minutes of the presentation starting. Also relevancyfriends were btfo, I love it. The Mai comments... This was just full of giggles, to be honest. Glad I tuned in.

Also 50 ****ing songs?! Those people who said the Reimu leak was looking suspect due to "too many songs" are probably feeling kinda dumb now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Another month of debating the Cacomallow leak, I love it. Pretty much confirms either Geno or Doomguy or both are coming.
Come to think of it, I believe it is fake. I don't know how it was made, but if that was leaked early before, I doubt they got those costumes from NIntendo. They may have been somehow made.

Kuma_

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5777-1349-3296
I was happy with this presentation,never really expecting anything huge out of it tbh. The 50 songs alone made me excited

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I am also glad sakurai has called out the “relevancy” and “silent majority” out. So refreshing since those arguments were tiring.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
That was awesome! Also...50 tracks!? SNK is super generous for allowing that.

I am super curious though...During Terry's revised trailer, when he shows up and goes "Hey come on!" In the background...The star logo appears, but the color is no longer blue. It is orange instead. I am not sure what to make of that, but I will be VERY curious to see the website once he is added and notice if his background is either blue or orange.

EDIT: Its blue.

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Mii Costume bullet dodged!

Although i'm afraid to say, the Mallow/Smithy costume leaks are fake now. (NOT the Mallow/Cacodemon leak, the Mallow/Smithy leak) because that same leaker sent some Terry costumes which were not featured in this presentation.
They only said they were happening not when they would iirc

Heoj

Smash Ace
The geno icon appeared in the terry presentation for like a split second

ZelDan

Smash Master
Never got into SNK stuff and thus never fatal fury/KoF but Sakurai just ******* around and having fun was pretty amusing atleast.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Come to think of it, I believe it is fake. I don't know how it was made, but if that was leaked early before, I doubt they got those costumes from NIntendo. They may have been somehow made.
They said that they make footage for the presentations months in advance so it's very probable that that leaked footage, assuming it's not an elaborate fake, was for a future presentation, probably for December or early next year. Today's presentation doesn't offer us anything one way or the other.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Well isn't this a turn of events? Frogger leak is dead, no Cacodemon/Mallow costume, and we're back to speculation as normal.

Unless the person who posted the Mii Costume leak comes forward, I guess it's all trying to debunk the leak from here. If we're lucky, we'll get a reveal at the Game Awards next month. I'm still firmly on Team Real, so let's keep this train going. Also 50 Songs?! Jeez, that's a lot of content. Sakurai really spoils us.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
They said that they make footage for the presentations months in advance so it's very probable that that leaked footage, assuming it's not an elaborate fake, was for a future presentation, probably for December or early next year. Today's presentation doesn't offer us anything one way or the other.
Eh, whatever. I still think it is possible it is fake. Not ruling it out completely, though.

D

Deleted member

I didn't think I was going to have time for the Terry presentation but I am so glad I did cause while I'm not a huge fan of Fatal Fury/King of Fighters this Presentation was so wholesome and so entertaining:

-Arena improvements which is great.

-50 SONGS HOLY ****

-Terry looks absolutely great

-No Geno deconfirmation (we still livin' and vibin' everyone)

-No CacoMallow in-sight even

-The Stage looks interesting

etc. etc. but yeah we're still living and that's great. Also Sakurai was fanboying out so much over SNK and that was absolutely wholesome and I love it. Sakurai is an absolutely amazing guy and game dev so I'm happy to see him fanboy over something he loves like this it's absolutely great. 10/10 showcase even though we didn't get any new characters we were never promised any and for what it was it was good.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Well isn't this a turn of events? Frogger leak is dead, no Cacodemon/Mallow costume, and we're back to speculation as normal.

Unless the person who posted the Mii Costume leak comes forward, I guess it's all trying to debunk the leak from here. If we're lucky, we'll get a reveal at the Game Awards next month. I'm still firmly on Team Real, so let's keep this train going. Also 50 Songs?! Jeez, that's a lot of content. Sakurai really spoils us.
In other words, "wait five weeks". Hmph. I don't want to deal with another information drought.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
That was worth the watch just for Sakurai to dunk on zoomers within like 4 minutes of the presentation starting. Also relevancyfriends were btfo, I love it. The Mai comments... This was just full of giggles, to be honest. Glad I tuned in.

Also 50 ****ing songs?! Those people who said the Reimu leak was looking suspect due to "too many songs" are probably feeling kinda dumb now.
Pretty cool showcase too I think

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I figured today would be a good day considering my phone didn't blow up during the presentation. Once again, we live another day. Told you all that based on people's demeanors that today wasn't anything to worry about.

NerfOrNothiing

Smash Cadet
I managed to catch the live stream in its later half!! I loved how Sakurai was having such a good time, his love for SNK is really clear. My gut was a complete wreck during the Mii Costume show case (per usual,) but I'm really happy with Terry. Geno lives on! :)

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Terry's presentation came and went and no sign of Mallow or Cacodemon yet. Not gonna lie, I'm relieved. The possibility that Geno's Mii Costume could just pop up was pretty nerve-racking.

Shadow__Myth

Smash Cadet
Well I wasn't expecting anything huge, but in a 45 minute direct, I thought we would be getting something surprising. I didn't think we'd spend 20 minutes watching Sakurai play classic mode.

God, I'm so tired of waiting. I just want something to be announced about Geno so I don't need to constantly worry about it.

Heoj

Smash Ace
1:13:53 of the live stream, while sakurai is talking about the battle arena changes it shows up.
However its strange because klaptrap, dr mario and shulk are all the same characters that were with geno during the November direct i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom