• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Aside from Goemon and couple of other characters, the majority of the remaining characters I really want left are females: Krystal, Dixie Kong, Tron Bonne, Shantae, Chun-Li, Mach Rider, Ayumi Tachibana, Medusa.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
I feel like Doomslayer has a 95% chance and Geno has an 80% cause the chance of his mii costume being with mallow is much greater
Yeah doomguy I have about 90% myself. Geno Im still extremely skeptical with, which is why I'm saying 50%.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Okay, I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but when does that ever stop me from saying anything?

I think seeing those video probably deconfirms Geno & Doomguy. Those two costumes look like they're ready to be released with a new update seeing how Ken's shoryuken does more damage, and who do we know that's going to be release soon? Terry Bogard. It feels more like those two Mii Costumes that were in that video are going to be released with Terry this month, giving us another Banjo style Mii Costume release. If those two costume are part of Terry's showcase video then that most likely mean that Doomguy & Geno are Mii Costumes as well, I don't see how both can be playable but Mii Costumes related to those series get released before them; and there is absolutely no way Sakurai is going to show off two brand new fighters in this month and have costumes related to those series be released early.

But on the other hand, it could be possible that they were making these costume early and testing them out because Geno & Doomguy are going to be playable later on. Maybe they're not ready to release... but I don't get why they would be completely finished and tied to this new update if they were going to be released, but then again I don't know exactly how Sakurai & his team develop this stuff or what kind of schedule they do so it' entirely possible.

I'm 70/30 on this. It's possible that, just like Megalovania, they would have SMRPG music tied to the Mii Costume. I feel like if this Mallow & Doom Mii Costume are ready to release with Terry then it doesn't look good for Geno & Doomguy (which sucks because I really do want those two, but I already lost so many of my favorite characters already what's two bloody more characters to add the ever growing cemetery). Though stranger things have happen so maybe, just maybe, they might become playable (I no longer take "just because we haven't seen it" as evidence for anything ever more ever since Shadow & Isaac).

Feel free to call me an idiot or negative for thinking this, but I ain't getting my hopes up. I'm more then glad to be wrong.

T2by4

Smash Lord
And Toby Fox was in Japan at the time and also was learning to speak Japanese
Extreme tinfoil hat theory incoming. Toby has put several references to Mario RPG in his games. Do you think he may have hooked us up and possibly vouch for Geno?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Ridley trailer sequel starts with Samus battling Ridley, who lunges for an attack,but his tail is grabbed and he's slammed into a wall by Doom Slayer.

In the background, Ridley battles Doom Slayer and Samus, and in the foreground, Mario is aching. A silhouette stands over him and Mario smiles before standing up by taking their hand. Geno is revealed and charges towards the battle beside Mario.

That would be cool.
Ever since E3 I’ve theorized that whatever is ending the fighter pass is going to come with a continuation of the first reveal video (Ridley) that ended on a dark/ambiguous note. Having Doomslayer and/or Geno come in to help out Samus against Ridley would be perfect. Like can you imagine the sounds of battle in the background and you see a fallen Mario and then he’s revived and someone gives him back his hat and it’s his old friend Geno? I’d probably cry tbh

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yes! I've found another Tron Bonne supporter. :)
Back when the female in a mech thing was going around in August I made a shpeal about her here and got a little discussion going. Probably not terribly far back.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Okay, I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but when does that ever stop me from saying anything?

I think seeing those video probably deconfirms Geno & Doomguy. Those two costumes look like they're ready to be released with a new update seeing how Ken's shoryuken does more damage, and who do we know that's going to be release soon? Terry Bogard. It feels more like those two Mii Costumes that were in that video are going to be released with Terry this month, giving us another Banjo style Mii Costume release. If those two costume are part of Terry's showcase video then that most likely mean that Doomguy & Geno are Mii Costumes as well, I don't see how both can be playable but Mii Costumes related to those series get released before them; and there is absolutely no way Sakurai is going to show off two brand new fighters in this month and have costumes related to those series be released early.

But on the other hand, it could be possible that they were making these costume early and testing them out because Geno & Doomguy are going to be playable later on. Maybe they're not ready to release... but I don't get why they would be completely finished and tied to this new update if they were going to be released, but then again I don't know exactly how Sakurai & his team develop this stuff or what kind of schedule they do so it' entirely possible.

I'm 70/30 on this. It's possible that, just like Megalovania, they would have SMRPG music tied to the Mii Costume. I feel like if this Mallow & Doom Mii Costume are ready to release with Terry then it doesn't look good for Geno & Doomguy (which sucks because I really do want those two, but I already lost so many of my favorite characters already what's two bloody more characters to add the ever growing cemetery). Though stranger things have happen so maybe, just maybe, they might become playable (I no longer take "just because we haven't seen it" as evidence for anything ever more ever since Shadow & Isaac).

Feel free to call me an idiot or negative for thinking this, but I ain't getting my hopes up. I'm more then glad to be wrong.
That's faulty logic, we don't know how far Mii Costumes being made go. This doesn't seem like for Terry Bogard at all. It wouldn't make sense to have a Doom Mii Costume with no character, at least with Undertale Toby Fox isn't a huge company, he's just a guy. I couldn't see Sakurai going up to a big company and asking for a Mii Costume. They'd want something else with that.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Extreme tinfoil hat theory incoming. Toby has put several references to Mario RPG in his games. Do you think he may have hooked us up and possibly vouch for Geno?
Do you have a list you could drop? This seems interesting.

This is a valid point. If doomguy is getting a December or January release and geno is even farther off why are their mii costumes completed and functional in what appears to be the very next build? I don't think it's a debunk but a very good thing to keep a note of.

D

Deleted member

So I woke up and checked discord as I always do just to see that I have a mention... in the Lucas discord, where I have not posted a single word. So I check it out, and it's an everyone mention that Smash leaks are not to be discussed... So I'm like "are these guys taking that much stock in the Crash leak?"

Naturally, I come to /Geno/ - Smash Speculation General, to see what's going on... and I see this. How am I supposed to work today? I can barely keep still.

This might seem crazy but this stuff seems to happen every time Nintendo is late for a direct. It's like the collective will of the fans causes a leak to happen when we don't get a direct when we expect one. I'm in such a weird place, like, obviously I want to believe this is true, Doom Guy, whatever... but Geno. One part of me is 9001% "Geno's in, pack your things we're going to Hypesville, USA". The other part of me has some serious reservations. I wanna see Smithy. I want to see the fighters.

That said, we have wynn728 wynn728 to be the resident killjoy so I'm going to join Dynamic Worlok Dynamic Worlok in getting totally incinerated when my hype comes back to burn me.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm keeping my hype in check. Hope we can all celebrate when word officially comes out. But for now, I am joining team the Geno is Mii Costume side.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
The leak is looking more credible, I'm getting excited

Doom for fighter 5 and Geno as the first character in the next wave is something that I was theorizing about and would make the most sense

I'm still not ready to call it 100%, I have concerns that it could be fake (though it seems like it isn't) and that the Geno Mii Costume might return, but dang this is extremely convincing and I can't help but get excited! Let's hope he's in!

D

Deleted member

I'm keeping my hype in check. Hope we can all celebrate when word officially comes out. But for now, I am joining team the Geno is Mii Costume side.
About Doom Slayer, what's your stance?

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Definitely reminding me of that pre-E3 time when Shinobi basically confirmed Banjo was gonna be in. People were trying to hype responsibly, and we saw what happened next.

I think it’s time. And I’m excited.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Definitely reminding me of that pre-E3 time when Shinobi basically confirmed Banjo was gonna be in. People were trying to hype responsibly, and we saw what happened next.

I think it’s time. And I’m excited.
(((Watching Shinobi intensifies)))

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
So I woke up and checked discord as I always do just to see that I have a mention... in the Lucas discord, where I have not posted a single word. So I check it out, and it's an everyone mention that Smash leaks are not to be discussed... So I'm like "are these guys taking that much stock in the Crash leak?"

Naturally, I come to /Geno/ - Smash Speculation General, to see what's going on... and I see this. How am I supposed to work today? I can barely keep still.

This might seem crazy but this stuff seems to happen every time Nintendo is late for a direct. It's like the collective will of the fans causes a leak to happen when we don't get a direct when we expect one. I'm in such a weird place, like, obviously I want to believe this is true, Doom Guy, whatever... but Geno. One part of me is 9001% "Geno's in, pack your things we're going to Hypesville, USA". The other part of me has some serious reservations. I wanna see Smithy. I want to see the fighters.

That said, we have wynn728 wynn728 to be the resident killjoy so I'm going to join Dynamic Worlok Dynamic Worlok in getting totally incinerated when my hype comes back to burn me.
Smash Direct or Nintendo Direct? If we get one mind you

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Do you have a list you could drop? This seems interesting.

This is a valid point. If doomguy is getting a December or January release and geno is even farther off why are their mii costumes completed and functional in what appears to be the very next build? I don't think it's a debunk but a very good thing to keep a note of.
Terry looked to be in a very complete and functional enough to show off one of his special moves way back in July when the last smash direct was recorded and the mii costumes (Sans, etc.) as well. That’s a whole 3 months before the mii costumes were released and what’s going to end up being 5 before Terry’s release. I think with that being the case it’s totally plausible for costumes coming in future packs (especially if Doomguy is 5 and Geno is 6) to be basically completed or at least in a state where they’re at and usable alongside an updated Ken.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The leak is looking more credible, I'm getting excited

Doom for fighter 5 and Geno as the first character in the next wave is something that I was theorizing about and would make the most sense

I'm still not ready to call it 100%, I have concerns that it could be fake (though it seems like it isn't) and that the Geno Mii Costume might return, but dang this is extremely convincing and I can't help but get excited! Let's hope he's in!
The biggest problem I have is Wynn's problem: Why are two characters' costumes ready to go at the same time? It feels like the worst case scenario here is that only one of the two fighters these costumes would be associated with is playable, and the other is a Sans. I think the question becomes which company is more likely to be happy being a Sans?

In my mind, and this is even without Geno bias, I could see Doom Guy not being a fighter and just having costumes. Bethesda is probably aware that they don't really have characters that are a great fit for Smash, but would be totally down with a costume just thrown in somewhere. I don't think Square would play second fiddle to someone else' character, though...

But what if they're both just Sans? What if these guys are coming with Terry for some inexplicable reason? I mean:
I know this fanbase is used to getting kicked in the nuts but this takes expecting disappointment to heights I don't think humanity was ever meant to experience.
if Sakurai wants to break the limits of what you can do in a video game crossover, what is to stop him from breaking the limits of human disappointment?

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Terry looked to be in a very complete and functional enough to show off one of his special moves way back in July when the last smash direct was recorded and the mii costumes (Sans, etc.) as well. That’s a whole 3 months before the mii costumes were released and what’s going to end up being 5 before Terry’s release. I think with that being the case it’s totally plausible for costumes coming in future packs (especially if Doomguy is 5 and Geno is 6) to be basically completed or at least in a state where they’re at and usable alongside an updated Ken.
This is what I already believe yes. It's just good to consider all possibilities.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To further emphasize a point I made earlier, look at the Mii costume list:

http://smashbros-ultimate.com/mii-costumes/outfits

What do you notice?

One noteworthy pattern is that, aside from ARMS, franchises don't have multiple Mii costume options unless they have playable characters. As seen in Smash 4, SMRPG is categorized slightly differently because of it being owned by Square Enix. What does this mean? Based on past patterns, the Mallow hat would be the only SMRPG thing coming if it wasn't getting a playable character. The same could be said for the Doom enemy. Now, let me ask you all this... Do you think Nintendo deliberately blew its load for a hat of the less popular teammate and a common enemy? Again, of all the Mii costumes, ARMs has been the only exception and the reasoning for that is that Ribbon Girl is arguably just as important as Spring Man to the series, almost to a Red and Leaf degree.

Grumbo

Smash Ace

Please just promise me you’ll eat your gamer hat if he’s in.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , I just remembered, you were not expecting western character to come in when we had that last big leak discussion. I imagine this whole Doom stuff came as quite a surprise then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash Direct or Nintendo Direct? If we get one mind you
Any direct. I'm not even saying we're owed one or Nintendo actually is late on it, just that a lot of fans were expecting one and it hasn't been announced. It feels like every time that happens, we get a leak. Not necessarily just for Smash, either.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Please just promise me you’ll eat your gamer hat if he’s in.
Terry stole my hat, so no. I'll admit I was wrong, I'm perfectly fine with that, I'm just looking at it in different angles and keeping expectation in check.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Okay, I should, as always, preface this by saying that I really, really like Geno as a character and potential fighter, and his design and potential playstyle are the main reasons that I want him in the game.

But now that that disclaimer is out of the way, holy ****, if this leak is real?

The meltdowns from certain sections of the internet are going to be legendary.

I really, really, really hope that we see that same kind of BestGuyEver video that we got for Ridley and K. Rool, though he didn’t do a Banjo one so I’m not holding out too much hope. Still, even a bootleg sort of version would be fine by me, I just want to see a compilation of a bunch of naysayers getting destroyed by the big reveal.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I was away from this thread to look at all the Pokemon leaks (Which...I love them. Avoiding story stuff) And I wake up to all this!?

Guys...is it truly time? I am already in the 100% coming, but this just puts it to 120% now!

EDIT: Hello 4chan! You guys freaking out yet?

Last edited:

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
So if this is real, and I am leaning toward it is, and we actually are getting Geno and then Doom Man. I know a lot has been said about Geno not being on the Fighter's Pass, however I feel like Doom makes so much sense as a VGA reveal as a predominantly western franchise. It's entirely possible, though, that Mr. Doom is on the pass and they just don't reveal him until then, rather than reveal him at the time of Terry's release and little video presentation.

Further, I kind of assumed that these costumes would come together, and possibly with Terry if they're that far along. I guess there's no real reason they'd HAVE to, but... I don't think there's going to be a Doom costume in the game without a Doom character yet. And Mallow would make the most sense releasing alongside Geno, although I could see that not being as hard and fast of a requirement. So when do yall suppose that these costumes would come out? With Terry seems unlikely, and they both are tied to separate characters.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, long time no see!!

I was a big Geno supporter last year but believing wholeheartedly in the Grinch leak (which as we all know killed our hype in one blow) left me a bit disapointed and I promised not getting into Smash speculation again.

Having said that, I've seen all the hype regarding these Mii outfit leaks and I started getting a bit excited again about Geno's chances, but...

I've seen a lot of people talking about Mallow being a Mii outfit, but isn't he just a Mii hat? I think he's using Toad's suit, no? I haven't seen any people discussing this but it's probably been talked about before. Buuuttt if Mallow is just a hat, he wouldn't qualify as a Mii fighter outfit, would he? So Geno could be just the Mii outfit + a Mallow hat as some sort of extra. What do you think?

I just don't want to get my hopes up again XD

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Just logged in this morning since I’ve been busy. The thread has exploded, what the heck is going on?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , I just remembered, You were not expecting western character to come in when we had that last big leak discussion. I imagine this whole Doom stuff came as quite a surprise then.
It honestly does. Slender can verify this but we ironically were having a conversation the other day that was like "damn, I like the Doom fanbase but I honestly wish there was evidence for Doom Guy..." No joke, this is the first time anything major has come up for Doom so kudos to Nintendo for managing to sit on it so hard for this long. This is another reason why I haven't made the "list" public because it would have curbed people's expectations in a really unhealthy way and I don't want people to not expect certain things specifically because of me and just provides evidence that the list isn't definite or inevitable.

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Any direct. I'm not even saying we're owed one or Nintendo actually is late on it, just that a lot of fans were expecting one and it hasn't been announced. It feels like every time that happens, we get a leak. Not necessarily just for Smash, either.
Yes I agree we are not owed one or Nintendo is late on anything. If anything remember September to February last/this year. I dunno about fans expecting one though. The majority of us were just expecting all the games that were set to release to release and a Terry breakdown livestream sorta thing due to the draining budget and whatever else. An I'm sure you probably are already aware of this but just pointing out obviously it's not all the time we get a leak that a direct follows and vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom