• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I definetely think the duality of Hero and Banjo (Being more prominent characters in the East and West respectively) should lead us to bet that the Western audience should be pretty excited for the next announcement. Sakurai knows that Terry was going to be more ill-received here in the U.S., and the next fighter no doubt takes that into consideration.

Whether it'll be Geno, Crash, Doom Slayer, who knows? One things for sure, Geno will be playable one way or another. Those copyright strikes can't be for nothing.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Geno's not going to be our 5th. But I feel like he's a shoo-in after.

The Fighters Pass seems intent on giving characters from series not currently represented in Smash. I think that's pretty much concrete at this point. But nothing beyond the pass states this. No limitations, or expectations, besides Nintendo giving Sakurai his list of characters to work with, and if Banjo is any indication, they're aware of demand from all ends of the spectrum.

It'll just be a bit longer, but I think it'll happen. Thank god they confirmed more DLC, because I don't think some people would be able to handle knowing there's only one character left, haha.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Because we literally have characters in the game that were popular in the polls (The Belmonts and Bayonetta), and yet barely got discussed in the Bubble besides one of them being leaked (Simon).
Hey now, wait a minute. There was a Simon Belmont thread at the beginning of the SSBU cycle and I posted my support in it. That's pretty disingenuous to say there was hardly any support for him.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I'd love to have Geno playable, I severely doubt his chances.
I think with the emphasis on bringing in as many new game worlds to smash, other new characters will get priority.
(Geno's game world is already represented with his spirit, so I doubt they would double up, when they could get an entirely new game world.)
Plus with the other missing Mii costumes from Smash 4 slowly returning and trickling in, it's only a matter of time until the Mii costume shows up.
Hopefully the Geno can still be playable meme will die soon, this dead horse has been beat to a pulp!
“Id love to have Geno playable!

Hopefully he is deconfirmed soon!”

Thanks for the post paleo!!! Simply epic!

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Geno's not going to be our 5th. But I feel like he's a shoo-in after.

The Fighters Pass seems intent on giving characters from series not currently represented in Smash. I think that's pretty much concrete at this point. But nothing beyond the pass states this. No limitations, or expectations, besides Nintendo giving Sakurai his list of characters to work with, and if Banjo is any indication, they're aware of demand from all ends of the spectrum.

It'll just be a bit longer, but I think it'll happen. Thank god they confirmed more DLC, because I don't think some people would be able to handle knowing there's only one character left, haha.
I keep thinking he could be thrown as a curveball prior to a hypothetical second fighter's pass, like The Plant was. Then again, its pretty obvious the latter was intended to be base roster.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Just for fun, I decided to use OffBi OffBi 's fighters pass template and make a fighters pass of who I think could make it to DLC. The characters are in no particular order. I've put the Happy, jovial characters (And Doom Guy) bunched together and then you have the serious boys on the bottom.

I know I've said that "Spirits deconfirm characters" but I think there is enough evidence to support him as the exception with the music take downs being the biggest boon to his name, however that could also mean he could be a Mii costume once again which I hope won't happen.

Anyway here is the image below.

thank you very cool

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I'd love to have Geno playable, I severely doubt his chances.
I think with the emphasis on bringing in as many new game worlds to smash, other new characters will get priority.
(Geno's game world is already represented with his spirit, so I doubt they would double up, when they could get an entirely new game world.)
Plus with the other missing Mii costumes from Smash 4 slowly returning and trickling in, it's only a matter of time until the Mii costume shows up.
Hopefully the Geno can still be playable meme will die soon, this dead horse has been beat to a pulp!
We don’t need any negativity in this thread.

A4330127-CB90-4D68-AAFA-A9176FC955D6.jpeg

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm not about to feel like Geno is anywhere NEAR being a shoe-in for Ultimate, but I will say that I feel very good about his chances. 60/40 is about how I feel, and it leaves me feeling infinitely more optimistic than I felt before, when I believed his chances were like 1/99 rofl.

No way, a true fan would definitely want to put Geno to bed.

In a comfy bed up in the Smash mansion where the rest of the playable fighters sleep.
I will tuck him in, give him a little kiss on his forehead, and read him a bedtime story. Rest easy, my son.

D

Deleted member

Here's my Fighter Pass! Would you buy it?
Considering that I'd pay 24.99 for Geno by himself, yes I would buy it.

I would rather not have Steve and Bandana Dee unless one of Dee's alt costumes is the Sailor Waddle Dee from Meta Knight's Revenge.

D

Deleted member

Geno and Isaac? Instant buy. Instant purchase I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Bandanna Dee is also in there and he's one of my friends most wanted character so that's awesome and both Steve and Waluigi are really interesting so that's neat too.

That's an instant purchase for me. Geno and Isaac is all I need so the other three are just the icing on the already perfect cake.

Last edited by a moderator:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
People love that Fighter Pass above, but I think it's super lame when compared to all the amazing third party characters they could add. Like we don't need any more Nintendo characters at all. Geno is the one exception there and he's owned by Square Enix. That Fighter Pass is clearly for people who only play Nintendo games and nothing else.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

I love this. I need my bois in Smash so this ages well. reminds me of the Smash Kingdom videos from the Brawl days

Raskin’s Geno voice has dropped in quality a lot, though
That Video is from Smash Kingdom, i also like how Geno's invitation gets caught from the explosion.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

I was initially very wary of the actual fighters pass because if it didn't have Banjo & Kazooie, there would no point to buying it. Even with Banjo & Kazooie, I still haven't bought the fighters pass yet and stuck to buying them individually.

Now that this would be a clean slate, I'd pretty much drone buy any fighters pass now. Geno and Isaac are really good picks, Bandanna Dee is alright, I no longer have any dislike towards Steve but with Waluigi however, I just find him being snubbed from Smash pretty amusing because of all the memes that came with it (No disrespect to the Waluigi fans)

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

I spent a while perfecting my own 2nd pass and its only 1 different actually. I had skull kid over Steve but **** if I can just get geno and issac I'll take literally anyone at this point. What would you make your third pass following that be assuming we get all 10? For mine I did a 1st/3rd party split so my 2nd pass was geno/isaac/waluigi/BWD/skull kid with the third as crash/rayman/shantae/sora/Lloyd. This is assuming ryu is ending the first pass

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

I'm not a fan of Steve or Waluigi by any stretch, but if getting them means we also get Geno, Bandana Dee, and Isaac, I'll take it with a goofy smile on my face.
People love that Fighter Pass above, but I think it's super lame when compared to all the amazing third party characters they could add. Like we don't need any more Nintendo characters at all. Geno is the one exception there and he's owned by Square Enix. That Fighter Pass is clearly for people who only play Nintendo games and nothing else.
I didn't know Minecraft was a Nintendo series. :yeahboi:

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I mean, that is kind of how Smash has been for most of its life. For people who play Nintendo games. We've also gotten a pass full of third party characters already. I think that they will mostly stay that course, but there are a few exceptions they could and for my money should make.

I think a lot of characters also really blur the lines. Geno obviously is a big one, he may technically be third party but he's only been in one game and it's on the SNES. But Banjo, while he's owned by Microsoft now, it was the time back when he was under Nintendo's umbrella that made people want him in. The fact that Banjo made it makes me think Nintendo is probably aware of the fact that characters close to home have their merits too, which is why I think we'll probably see a couple first or second party characters show up. Especially if they can be used as a marketing push.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Hey, someone just linked me this awesome rendition of Beware the Forest's Mushrooms used in a SMW rom hack. Check it out, it sounds super good!

D

Deleted member

Hey, someone just linked me this awesome rendition of Beware the Forest's Mushrooms used in a SMW rom hack. Check it out, it sounds super good!
Yeah that's a totally awesome remix! It's really good.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

I'd pay a full fighter's pass worth of money for Geno and Isaac alone so everyone else is just a bonus

Not a huge fan of Steve but if these dudes are all in he can come stack some blocks or whatever

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
ZMQpKv-ALms
This reminds me of bouncy bass in Kingdom Hearts Wonderland world.
Which makes sense considering the composer is the same person.
Actually these songs are really similar (☉_☉)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since Terry is coming, do you guys think the Heihachi, Akira, and Jacky costumes will come along with the costume pack?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Since Terry is coming, do you guys think the Heihachi, Akira, and Jacky costumes will come along with the costume pack?
I'd be willing to bet that they will. It just seems like such a fitting time to drop them. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if we got SNK costumes (Nakoruru, the Howards, Mai, etc). My guess is a mix of both is most likely.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2019/09/11/sakurai-talks-more-about-smash-ultimate-dlc-development/

New Sakurai column, including how he and Nintendo decide on characters, how many breaks he needs, the ease of working on DLC versus an entire base game, Sakurai's desire to work on a GROWING Smash game rather than what prior titles were, and something that is of particular interest to us:

"As long as there’s an opportunity to make more fighters, I want to push the record further. As long as I can please someone with the addition of a new fighter, then I believe it’s best that I continue working on the game."

Sakurai knows how popular Geno is and how many people he would be able to please with his inclusion. This line in particular makes me feel just a smidge more confident in his chances. I really think Sakurai and Square aren't roadblocks in any way. It's all up to whether Nintendo would add him or not, and after Banjo, I think there's a chance that they would consider Geno.

Here's hoping!

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
So from his line of thinking and wanting to increase the number as possible as some kind of personal record, I feel like we MAY get all of those empty found spots in WOL as characters...

And that's quite a lot.

:bowser:.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I like this a lot. It has four out of the five characters.
but it has one for each finger.

Seriously Ness can be named in his game/he represents you and has little personality there aside from a photo pose and homesickness; Link’s personality is very vague to barely anything in some of his games and he represents you or whoever as well; Dragon Quest Heroes are also you and have little personality; and Villager is literally you and has a vague enough personality to be creepy in a different game. Mojang recently made it so that Steve, Alex, and custom characters can blink, and the writer for the news post on the official website called Steve and Alex “notable” specifically referring to them as such and as characters.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Just for fun, I decided to use OffBi OffBi 's fighters pass template and make a fighters pass of who I think could make it to DLC. The characters are in no particular order. I've put the Happy, jovial characters (And Doom Guy) bunched together and then you have the serious boys on the bottom.

I know I've said that "Spirits deconfirm characters" but I think there is enough evidence to support him as the exception with the music take downs being the biggest boon to his name, however that could also mean he could be a Mii costume once again which I hope won't happen.

Anyway here is the image below.

So, how did you figure out the greatest set of characters for me?

Honestly, the only change I would make is replace Klonoa with a playable Isaac and call it a day. Not that I'm a super big Isaac fan, but I feel his shot is more deserving than Klonoa. Otherwise, perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom