• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Yes,
In the extreme idea of being something new, it would be like "I leaked something new" and only that.
Even tho I said New IP just by stretching it .. I really think it's Geno related
I'll raise my cup of coffee to that. :ultduckhunt: Assuming it is, that'd be the best news of the year.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Imagine the following:

After the 5th dlc fighter released, in a Smash-centered Direct, as it wraps up, one more Smash logo pops (like the ones at the start of each reveal). The image fading in is that of an HD 3d Mushroom house in the Mushroom Kingdom. As the camera slowly closes in, you can hear a theme playing; it's volume starts making it perceptible. The theme is a familiar one. The camera then peeks through one of the house's windows, and a little Toad kid can be seen playing with toys. We then see him from a closer perspective in his room playing with his toys; a Super Mario - Sunshine Edition figure, and a Princess Peach - Summer Edition figure. The Toad Kid role plays the following:

Mario: "Mama mia! What a beautiful day, eh Princess?"
Peach: "Why yes Mario, it is simply lovely!"

The kid moves Mario towards the toy box as if walking

Mario: "Look here Princess, it's a giant box!"

From the box, the kid pulls out a Bowser - Galaxy Edition figure and bumps it against Mario

Bowser: "Gahahahahaha! I tricked you Mario! Now the Princess is mine!"

The kid rushes the Bowser figure beside Peach's

Peach: "Oh no! Marioooo!"

The kid picks the Mario figure

Mario: "Don't worry Princess, I'ma coming to save you!"

The kid fires off a water pellet from the Mario figure's FLUDD. He moves Bowser away from the shot.

Bowser: "Haha! You missed! So long Mario!"

The kid then reaches into the toy box and pulls out another figure

???: "Not so fast Bowser!"

The camera ascends from the figure's shoes, revealing it to be a Geno figure.

Bowser: "Huh? Who are you, you pipsqueak?"

Geno: "I am the legendary Hero, messenger of the stars! My name is...!"

Just as the kid is about to say the figure's name, his mom calls out to him for lunch, to which he briefly frowns, and leaves his toys on the floor. The camera transitions to a view from outside the house, and the scene fastforwards the kid's day up until bedtime. As he is tucked into bed to sleep, the camera focuses on the figures he was playing with earlier that day; the window behind them. As the camera remains in that shot, a light is seen outside approaching the window. The light enters the room and slowly hovers around each figure, until placing itself in front of the Geno doll. It remembers the figure and gently comes into contact with it, creating a blinding flash of light. The kid, sensing that he had heard a sound slowly wakes up. Turns to look at the window, but in his sleepiness he didn't notice that one of the figures was missing. He goes back to sleep, and the camera pans towards the window, looking to the front yard of the house. A silhouette can be seen distancing itself from the house. The silhouette continues its path until it reaches Bowser's keep. The camera transitions to the interior of Bowser's Keep, where Mario is facing off against Bowser, as Peach watches their fight from a cage hanging behind the Koopa King. As Bowser shoots a giant fire ball, a beam intercepts it; disintegrating it in the process. All three look towards the point of origin of the blast, and the silhouette finally shows itself. GENO FINALLY ENTERS THE FIGHT! Gameplay is then revealed.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't think it's a new IP because he wants people to possibly guess it and we can't do that if it's something totally new. I do still think the "star" aspect is important and feel like that, first and second party wise, that mostly narrows it down to something Mario or Kirby related. Based on what I know, I feel like it could be Resident Evil related (S.T.A.R.S) but that's only if all the unclarified hints from the past month and a half are related but even then it's kind of a stretch. It's not like he's done anything super obvious that would be connected to Resident Evil like an umbrella or a zombie or a Valentine or a raccoon or the countless things that would be dead ringers so it's another one of those Kevin Bacon situations where you have to fandangle the hints a little bit to make it go in that direction. Like I've been saying, aside from the latest Pokemon hints, they've all been super vague so our Discord is as much as in the dark as everyone else.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Imagine the following:

After the 5th dlc fighter released, in a Smash-centered Direct, as it wraps up, one more Smash logo pops (like the ones at the start of each reveal). The image fading in is that of an HD 3d Mushroom house in the Mushroom Kingdom. As the camera slowly closes in, you can hear a theme playing; it's volume starts making it perceptible. The theme is a familiar one. The camera then peeks through one of the house's windows, and a little Toad kid can be seen playing with toys. We then see him from a closer perspective in his room playing with his toys; a Super Mario - Sunshine Edition figure, and a Princess Peach - Summer Edition figure. The Toad Kid role plays the following:

From the box, the kid pulls out a Bowser - Galaxy Edition figure and bumps it against Mario

The kid fires off a water pellet from the Mario figure's FLUDD. He moves Bowser away from the shot.

Just as the kid is about to say the figure's name, his mom calls out to him for lunch, to which he briefly frowns, and leaves his toys on the floor. The camera transitions to a view from outside the house, and the scene fastforwards the kid's day up until bedtime. As he is tucked into bed to sleep, the camera focuses on the figures he was playing with earlier that day; the window behind them. As the camera remains in that shot, a light is seen outside approaching the window. The light enters the room and slowly hovers around each figure, until placing itself in front of the Geno doll. It remembers the figure and gently comes into contact with it, creating a blinding flash of light. The kid, sensing that he had heard a sound slowly wakes up. Turns to look at the window, but in his sleepiness he didn't notice that one of the figures was missing. He goes back to sleep, and the camera pans towards the window, looking to the front yard of the house. A silhouette can be seen distancing itself from the house. The silhouette continues its path until it reaches Bowser's keep. The camera transitions to the interior of Bowser's Keep, where Mario is facing off against Bowser, as Peach watches their fight from a cage hanging behind the Koopa King. As Bowser shoots a giant fire ball, a beam intercepts it; disintegrating it in the process. All three look towards the point of origin of the blast, and the silhouette finally shows itself. GENO FINALLY ENTERS THE FIGHT! Gameplay is then revealed.
It would be great, but I honestly can't see Mario, Bowser and Peach talking.. If it's gaz talking very childish like a Disney Movie then.. Maaaaybeee..
What I would like to see the most is a variation of the WoL sequence, you know.. where Kirby falls off the star and then Geno appears as a tiny twinkle, them transform into Geno (The puppet) and offers Kirby a hand to stand up and help or something
I don't think it's a new IP because he wants people to possibly guess it and we can't do that if it's something totally new. I do still think the "star" aspect is important and feel like that, first and second party wise, that mostly narrows it down to something Mario or Kirby related. Based on what I know, I feel like it could be Resident Evil related (S.T.A.R.S) but that's only if all the unclarified hints from the past month and a half are related but even then it's kind of a stretch. It's not like he's done anything super obvious that would be connected to Resident Evil like an umbrella or a zombie or a Valentine or a raccoon or the countless things that would be dead ringers so it's another one of those Kevin Bacon situations where you have to fandangle the hints a little bit to make it go in that direction. Like I've been saying, aside from the latest Pokemon hints, they've all been super vague so our Discord is as much as in the dark as everyone else.
What bugs me the most, is why it looks like he is the only insider that knows something the rest doesn't.. Like.. And a month already?

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Just wanted to give everyone here a small update regarding Operation StarFall.

https://twitter.com/opestarfall/status/1165292341583843328

http://operationstarfall.com/MonthlyColumnAug.html

If you have not had a chance to see our monthly write up, I would recommend that you guys take a chance to. This lays out our current progress within the first month as well as our goals for the rest of the year and how many people we would like to impact with this.

As always, if you guys have any neat ideas of what we can do to serve the community next, always feel free to let us know. You are more than welcome to DM me anytime here or over on Discord.

Also at the expense of sounding like I am begging for likes or follows, I also want to just make the statement that everything helps in regards to this campaign and I recommend you guys do so in order to continue helping us catch Nintendo/SE's attention that these are the guys we want to see in more games in the future. Every little contribution helps!

Thank you for everything that you do!

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
A shame, too, since I did really like how they handled the StarFox side of things, from what I'd played.

But, I think that makes sense. Toys that come to life, a la Starlink, Amiibo, etc, seems to be a dying breed nowadays. Only Smash really significantly even uses Amiibo, after all.. There's certainly not much room left, as far as what the hint means, given that "the bird matters" can only apply to so many things.
Toys that come to life, you say? Hmmm.:yeahboi:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
What bugs me the most, is why it looks like he is the only insider that knows something the rest doesn't.. Like.. And a month already?
Leakers have all sorts of sources, so it's possible that while some of them have heard things about what he's hinting at, they still haven't found enough to definitively confirm it. If I recall, Vergeben was hesitant to reveal who the new Pokemon fighter was until he was absolutely certain; all he said before then was who it wasn't, which was something he could be sure of.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
For his reveal, I cannot remember if I heard it here or thought of it myself (pretty sure I heard it here from someone since it involves Rosalina, and geno being potentially a type of luma, and I don’t like the idea of geno being a luma but I’ve warmed up to this type of reveal..) basically, rosalina is talking to an unseen character, mentioning how they helped bring so many wishes come true for smash, from a Crocodile king, to a long lost pair of friends(bk), to A famous hero from another world (obviously hero), and this unknown character has been working tirelessly to make everyone’s wishes come true. Rosalina then tells them, that this time, it’s their wish that should be granted, and she suddenly it pans away to see a vague shadow of a small wooden doll/familiar figure before he’s appears out of no where in the middle of other characters fighting.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I believe someone mentioned this prior, but it could be a word play or what it sounds like: Starling - Arwing. So it could be another attempt for a Star Fox game since Zero sold pretty bad.

So many possibilities.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I believe someone mentioned this prior, but it could be a word play or what it sounds like: Starling - Arwing. So it could be another attempt for a Star Fox game since Zero sold pretty bad.

So many possibilities.
Or starling ---> Irving as in Lloyd but that's kind of out there and is an even bigger stretch than what I've brought up already. I genuinely doubt Star Fox too because I feel it's too soon for one and Miyamoto would never approve a port of Zero because he was so insistent on the motion controls for it.

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice
Imagine the following:

I think his trailer should start as a remake of the Smash Bros 64 intro, with the puppets being possessed by spirits and starting to fight in their little puppet forms. The camera focus in the toy box and there are two star spining next to the box, like when Geno's possessed in Mario RPG. Geno gets big and so do the othercharacters right after, as Ultimate's Battlefield appears where the characters were, with Geno having this splash screen you said.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Because he has a proximity to information that most insiders simply don't have and could only dream of. For starters, he not only works for Nintendo but is a brand ambassador, which is a big deal. This is confirmed. I know exactly who he is down to first and last name and where he lives. Second, as I've said in the past, most of his info comes from senior co-workers and even supervisors, so people deeper in the company than he is. This also gives him a significantly more reliable network to fact check and research with so, when he puts info out there, it's all but confirmed because he's made the rounds with it.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
If we're talking hypothetical character reveal trailers, I've always had one particular idea in my head.

1. Start off with the rising music from the K. Rool and Banjo trailers, adding a final bit with B-K
2. Open up to a shot of Luigi yawning a la Donkey Kong.
3. Pan out to show the Mario cast all resting in the hotel from Luigi's Mansion 3.
4. There's a tap at the window. A rat-a-tap-tap. Everyone stirs, Mario looks towards the window.
5. Everybody rushes over, squinting their eyes to peer into the moonlight outdoors.
6. A silhouette of a hooded figure... they duck down and reveal themselves to be.... !!

... the scary stone-faced Mii wearing the Geno Mii Costume, posing with its hand cannon like it's just cool as a cucumber.

The remainder of this segment would go into eventually revealing Geno as an actual fighter, splash screen and all, and while this doesn't really lend itself the general reverence for a character reveal one would come to expect for Geno - I myself would prefer one a little bit more touching than the example above - it does follow a good ol' fake-out trend for one final goof, and could humorously cap off yet another announcement for a Never-Ever that would leave people relieved, yet excited.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Hey guys, here is my Geno cosplay I talked about yesterday!
Geno.jpg
First time I ever made a full costume and there still is a lot of room for improvements but I'm really happy with the result nonetheless. :D

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
First time I ever made a full costume and there still is a lot of room for improvements but I'm really happy with the result nonetheless. :D
This is the flippin' cooooolest, friend. You even have the wooded pattern for the body and limbs. Loving that cloak, and the hat to match. You done a good job!! :ultduckhunt: Thank you for the share!

Rikarte

Smash Ace
This is the flippin' cooooolest, friend. You even have the wooded pattern for the body and limbs. Loving that cloak, and the hat to match. You done a good job!! :ultduckhunt: Thank you for the share!
Thanks a lot! Painting the pattern was a god damn pain, it took me forever haha.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Because he has a proximity to information that most insiders simply don't have and could only dream of. For starters, he not only works for Nintendo but is a brand ambassador, which is a big deal. This is confirmed. I know exactly who he is down to first and last name and where he lives. Second, as I've said in the past, most of his info comes from senior co-workers and even supervisors, so people deeper in the company than he is. This also gives him a significantly more reliable network to fact check and research with so, when he puts info out there, it's all but confirmed because he's made the rounds with it.
There is (and I shall see if I can find it) a supposed leak over at Gamefaqs (posted around right after VGA if I¨m not mistaken) that did claim that Loyd and Crash would be part of the fighters pass. The worst part about that one is that the supposed leaker claims that there is no plan for second fighters pass as when he/she posted it

Rikarte Rikarte Great work :D

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Honestly Resident Evil was the only other thing I've been considering the Starling hint could be if it's related to Smash and isn't Geno. Mii costume theory may be basically deconfirmed, but if we were going to get a Capcom rep I'd say RE is their most iconic franchise that hasn't been represented yet. And if Jill Valentine is the next rep that'd give the pass a female character to balance out the three male newcomers we've gotten thus far. Still hoping that it's Geno, but Jill would be understandable.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Very nice work

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Why do you look like some kind of human tree with a cape? Just kidding, this is nice! Can't tell if you're a girl or a guy with long hair, if you don't mind me saying, but nice work on the costume.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Personally, I don't think Resident Evil is happening for Smash Ultimate. Capcom and Konami already have 3 reps each as of right now, and the Mii Costume theory was outright killed during the last update. That, and I don't think Jill would be Capcom's first choice for an RE rep, it would be Leon or Chris.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Honestly, with Hero being used as a way to get people to buy Dragon Quest XI S, I wonder if there's going to be the character from Astral Chain in Smash as the last character. They've been trying to advertise that game a lot, so it would make sense. Plus we did have Bayonetta as the last rep in Smash 4.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, with Hero being used as a way to get people to buy Dragon Quest XI S, I wonder if there's going to be the character from Astral Chain in Smash as the last character. They've been trying to advertise that game a lot, so it would make sense. Plus we did have Bayonetta as the last rep in Smash 4.
Bayonetta 2 was out for over a year when Bayonetta was announced for Smash though...

Dynamic Worlok

If it comes to an RE rep, it'd definitely be down to Chris or leon, favoring leon. The dream would be Barry Burton

Dynamic Worlok

Honestly, with Hero being used as a way to get people to buy Dragon Quest XI S, I wonder if there's going to be the character from Astral Chain in Smash as the last character. They've been trying to advertise that game a lot, so it would make sense.
That seems like a poor choice, considering the backlash Corrin received. Dragon quest at least is a classic franchise with a nostalgic pedigree to draw on, even if it was a shill pick. Plus they incorporated the other classic heroes as well.
Not to mention there's another certain character from that studio that people in general already want. Two if you count viewtiful joe.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
That seems like a poor choice, considering the backlash Corrin received.
We have to keep in mind, that this is from the same company that don¨t have cloud save for every game although that should be a no brainer, nor do they listen to the customer that actually begs them for an actual virtual console that could print more money then that horrible NES emulator we have right now, as well as (and I say that as someone that plays with Piranha Plant as one of his main) decided that Ken, Incineroar and Piranha Plant were a good way to end of the base roster reveal compared to the likes of Ridley, King K, and the Bellmonts.

The only thing that is really of the table I argue is "4th party character"

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
We have to keep in mind, that this is from the same studio that don¨t has cloud save for every game although that should be a no brainer, nor do they listen to the customer that actually begs them for an actual virtual console that could print more money then that horrible NES emulator we have right now, as well as (and I say that as someone that plays with Piranha Plant as one of his main) decided that Ken, Incineroar and Piranha Plant were a good way to end of the base roster reveal compared to the likes of Ridley, King K, and the Bellmonts.

The only thing that is really of the table I argue is "4th party character"
The unfortunate reality is that, when it comes to Nintendo, both good and bad decisions almost always tend to be very unorthodox, and can hardly be predicted.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The unfortunate reality is that, when it comes to Nintendo, both good and bad decisions almost always tend to be very unorthodox, and can hardly be predicted.
Agreed however, I think it's safe to say at least that they won¨t add the likes of Goku and Iron man since Nintendo and Sakurai both seem to agree that Smash should be about videogames. I mean, the ballot specifically said "videogame characters" so. That¨s why I think its safe to say that at least that is off the table

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
My wife sent this to me because she's taking a day off today. This is her interpretation of Geno when I'm not home:
I thought Mallow was supposed to be the crybaby :4pacman:

Geno is a good name though. I feel like if Geno had to be a cat or dog he’d be a cat. He exudes strong cat energy in SMRPG. I feel like my dog Ridley lives up to her namesake.

E29245A0-0880-4166-9923-500BB8523C83.jpeg

31BD5FF5-EE1E-49B4-B3CD-8DEBF04E4910.jpeg

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
So, I know he isn't a big Geno enthusiast like us but.. He knows we are right? So, why leak something SOOO related to Geno (Or at least, to give the idea) in the first time.
Like, "Starling" means Little Star and that could mean Geno, I think he'd thought about that, right? If then so.. I expect the Starling leak to be Geno related, but dunno if Smash at all.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I came across a leak over on 4chan. Not sure what you think of it but I wouldn't be mad if it was real.

-Banjo Kazooie will be released on September 24th
-Music for Spiral Mountain includes Spiral Mountain (remix), Grunty’s Lair (remix), Treasure Trove Cove, Gobi’s Valley, Freezeezy Peak, Mad Monster Mansion, Click Clock Wood (remix), Final Battle, Mayahem Temple, Witchyworld (remix), Hailfire Peaks (remix), and Hag 1 (remix)
-3 of Banjo’s Alts reference the Banjo Tooie multiplayer alts and 3 are references to characters in the series, Mumbo Jumbo, Bottles, And Grunty, his last alt is the coloring they used for Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts
-Byleth from Fire Emblem Three Houses will be the 4th DLC character with his stage is Garreg Mach Monastery, coming November
-Byleth’s down special is the Divine Pulse and when it’s used while attacked, it will rewind the attacker a couple seconds leaving it vulnerable. like Witch Time, however, it will be limited. Byleth also wields the Sword of the Creator And will function similar like Robin’s Levin sword, overuse of the sword will make it weaker until you recharge it
-Music for Garreg Mach Monastery includes 3 versions of Edge of Dawn (Seasons of Warfare), one English, one Japanese and the last a remix, Tearing Through Heaven, Between Heaven and Earth, and Apex of the World
-Byleth’s alts are split between his male and female appearance, two of the alts are the DLC costumes in Three Houses (also with the bright green hair and eyes as supposed as the blue haired default), and the other 4 costumes reference Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude And Rhea, and yes, female Byleth’s design is reworked to be more “appropriate”
-Finally, Geno will be the final fighter for this fighter pack, and his stage will be the Forest Maze
-Not much work is done on Geno yet and he is scheduled release for 2020
-there is no confirmation of a Fighter Pack 2, but there is some talk about it, however if we were to have another pass, it would be a while until we get news of it
It probably isn't true though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I came across a leak over on 4chan. Not sure what you think of it but I wouldn't be mad if it was real.

No mention of other new modes or features?

Last edited:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
The star in starling could be Geno, but given the other rumor lately it could also be referring to Super Mario Odyssey or Sunshine. In Odyssey he travels in space, and in Sunshine he collects shine sprites (kind star-ish).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Characters aside, this is too in-depth to be true. When leakers can provide paragraphs about how a character functions, it's always a red flag. Think about the past leaks that turned out to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom