• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
No fanfare at all. It'll just be an afterthought. It's frustrating and depressing, but unfortunately, that's the reality we'll face if it comes back. Nintendo just doesn't care about throwing Geno a bone at this point, and they've made it very clear.
You okay? I understand keeping your expectation low, but this goes a little too far in the "depressing inevitability" regard.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You okay? I understand keeping your expectation low, but this goes a little too far in the "depressing inevitability" regard.
Sorry, I've been a little moody today, so it probably seeped out into my post. I'll be more mindful today.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Sorry, I've been a little moody today, so it probably seeped out into my post. I'll be more mindful today.
Okay then, glad it was not because of some bad event or something.

While Geno may not be playable in the game as of now, I am sure it's not because they don't care. They went out of their way to include him as a spirit and icon(And brought Mallow along as well), we know Sakurai likes and wanted the character as early as Brawl, and let's not forget those Nintendo workers who apparently talked about Geno at the office(Remember that drawing?).

D

Deleted member

Hopefully things get better for you.

Okay then, glad it was not because of some bad event or something.

While Geno may not be playable in the game as of now, I am sure it's not because they don't care. They went out of their way to include him as a spirit and icon(And brought Mallow along as well), we know Sakurai likes and wanted the character as early as Brawl, and let's not forget those Nintendo workers who apparently talked about Geno at the office(Remember that drawing?).
Yeah, Geno actually got farther regarding Smash than many other Mario RPG spin offs party members such as Goombella or Malow.

So they do care about him a bit more than those.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
No fanfare at all. It'll just be an afterthought. It's frustrating and depressing, but unfortunately, that's the reality we'll face if it comes back. Nintendo just doesn't care about throwing Geno a bone at this point, and they've made it very clear.
Remember that Sakurai has wanted to put Geno in smash since Brawl. That's why he was the only Mii costume to get a special splash screen in smash 4. If he never gets into ultimate, it's not because Sakurai doesn't care. He's a Genobro just like us.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Remember that Sakurai has wanted to put Geno in smash since Brawl. That's why he was the only Mii costume to get a special splash screen in smash 4. If he never gets into ultimate, it's not because Sakurai doesn't care. He's a Genobro just like us.
Oh nah, I know Sakurai cares and loves Geno like us. It's Nintendo of Japan that just doesn't see him as any kind of priority.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh nah, I know Sakurai cares and loves Geno like us. It's Nintendo of Japan that just doesn't see him as any kind of priority.
I don't know if we can determine how much they seem as a priority directly. At the very least, we know the people who make the M&L games still appreciate Geno(The SMRPG devs are among them after all).

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think I’d rather the costume came back with minimal fanfare. I think the fanfare of the costume the first time created a lot of false expectations and inflated some people’s beliefs regarding the character’s future. Plus, to get a second splash screen or whatever would just kind of feel hollow to me. I was among the few who thought it meant very little the first time, a second time would mean absolutely nothing to me.

There’s not really much of a reason to have a big fanfare when the Mii costume comes back. The first time was a big deal since it was acknowledging Geno in a serious way for the first time in Smash and as a character in 12 years since Superstar Saga. Now, it doesn’t mean as much since he has been back and it’s not really a change from before. Not to mention, more fanfare might just be an invitation to more criticism of Geno (though him just coming back as a Mii costume will likely also do that to some extent).

The only fanfare I’d want from a Geno Mii costume is another statement from Sakurai on him. That’s the most valuable and important thing we could get for Geno in the event his costume does return with Hero beyond all else.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I'm definitely curious to see what costumes will come with the release of Dragon Quest's Hero. I wouldn't solidly count Geno out if his costume returns, though it might hurt his chances. I'm curious if they might have any other ideas in mind for what they could release alongside a Dragon Quest character. Possibly something more fitting like more Dragon Quest-related costumes or Final Fantasy costumes? I don't think Joker came with too much so there's a small window for other characters they might want to give the Mii costume treatment.

I'm still keeping in the back of my mind what Sakurai said about Banjo's inclusion, and other highly requested characters getting into Smash in the future. My expectations are tempered to be sure, but dangit if that doesn't give me some hope for our boy Geno.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I think I’d rather the costume came back with minimal fanfare. I think the fanfare of the costume the first time created a lot of false expectations and inflated some people’s beliefs regarding the character’s future. Plus, to get a second splash screen or whatever would just kind of feel hollow to me. I was among the few who thought it meant very little the first time, a second time would mean absolutely nothing to me.

There’s not really much of a reason to have a big fanfare when the Mii costume comes back. The first time was a big deal since it was acknowledging Geno in a serious way for the first time in Smash and as a character in 12 years since Superstar Saga. Now, it doesn’t mean as much since he has been back and it’s not really a change from before. Not to mention, more fanfare might just be an invitation to more criticism of Geno (though him just coming back as a Mii costume will likely also do that to some extent).

The only fanfare I’d want from a Geno Mii costume is another statement from Sakurai on him. That’s the most valuable and important thing we could get for Geno in the event his costume does return with Hero beyond all else.
True, yeah. That said, pessimistic as it may be, I don't think we'll really get a statement when it comes to why Geno hasn't made it this time either. Call it a gut feeling.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I am tired of the spirits deconfirm debate. Can we please just all acknowledge that no one knows whether or not they deconfirm? Because I hate people that insist that there is NO CHANCE of let's say Tails, getting in because he is a spirit. WHAT??? Sakurai can do whatever the **** he wants, it's not like he was like "Oh, guess Tails is a spirit, can't make him a fighter. So, we have no information for either side being true or false, so thereby we should drop the subject. OK mates?
Good, because I am going to start playing SMRPG soon so I will want to ask for tips and help and certain sections mates.
see ya around,

a !message from your friendly neighborhood Shadow the Hedgehog fanboy
Look, these characters aren't deconfirm just because they're Spirits, they're Spirits because there was no plans for any of those characters to be playable in the Fighters Pass. If there was another Fighters Pass them most likely they'll take Spirits and upgrade them, but that's not going to happen right now.

I disagree with this. Sure they might have gone out of their way to include Geno as a Spirit but that doesn't mean anything. As we seen Sakurai can basically get any character like Cloud, Joker, The Hero, Banjo, and Simon Belmont. If Sakurai wanted to make a character be playable then they would've been playable. I doubt getting Geno would've been as difficult to get when compare to Cloud and The Hero, especially when they couldn't get any original artwork to use for Cloud's Fighter Spirit.

I honestly don't think Sakurai ever had any intention of making Geno playable, at this point he can literally move mountains to get any character he really wants. There's no way Sakurai will ever come out and say "Oh I actually don't care for this character and most likely will never plan of having them be playable," that's just terrible PR. He needs to present himself as being unbias, which is why he'll never say anything like him not liking Waluigi or any other particular character. It's hard to take any of Sakurai's claim about Geno serious when he's still not playable despite the good relationship they have with Square. I know this has already been brought up and people on this board are sick of it but this is the truth, for a game called Super Smash Bros ULTIMATE Sakurai made Piranha Plant playable while Geno most likely isn't going to be part of roster. Because of that we know that Sakurai considers this Smash Bros to be Ultimate without the inclusion of Geno while Piranha Plant was a must have. That gives perspective of how he thinks.

I don't think Sakurai really cares about Geno, it's easier for him to just give scraps like a png file or a costume instead of putting in the effort of making him playable.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
How nerve-wracking. I wish I could be excited for Hero (and I probably would be, actually, if it didn't seal Geno's fate), but just knowing that Mii costume is likely on the horizon, that big nail in the coffin... ugh. My boy was done so dirty.
CAN YOU STOP WITH THE CONSTANT PESSIMISTIC POSTS ALREADY! ?

We get ovaltine, you fully believe geno’s chances are done, but can you stop bringing it up every single day?!

Look I didn’t want to make this post, partly cuz I don’t like being an asshole, and this definitely makes me appear as one, but this happens every day and it brings a negative atmosphere to the whole board. Geno’s chances aren’t nearly as bad as you make them sound. Even if you don’t believe that, many of us do. Normally I’d just put a user on ignore (and have for even a few other geno fans here who’ve been overly negative...) but I don’t want to do that to you cuz I actually do respect you and enjoy many of your posts that aren’t about genos chances, but every single day there’s at least one pessimistic post by you on how he’s basically Screwed.

Ugh now i really do feel like an ass...im sorry, but really...

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master

We get ovaltine, you fully believe geno’s chances are done, but can you stop bringing it up every single day?!

Look I didn’t want to make this post, partly cuz I don’t like being an *******, and this definitely makes me appear as one, but this happens every day and it brings a negative atmosphere to the whole board. Geno’s chances aren’t nearly as bad as you make them sound. Even if you don’t believe that, many of us do. Normally I’d just put a user on ignore (and have for even a few other geno fans here who’ve been overly negative...) but I don’t want to do that to you cuz I actually do respect you and enjoy many of your posts that aren’t about genos chances, but every single day there’s at least one pessimistic post by you on how he’s basically Screwed.
Has it really been that often? Geez. If that's the case, I really didn't realize that.

I apologize. I'll keep that to myself from here on then.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Has it really been that often? Geez. If that's the case, I really didn't realize that.

No, you're fine. I've been very sick and upset lately myself -- I think it's something in the air. Maybe Jupiter's going retrograde while it's hanging around in Scorpio this month. Plus, recent events on the news have not been helping any of us, I think.

And the rest of you complaining need to stop dragging others down who feel similarly and start lifting people back up. >=( Is it so much to ask of us all for us to stay emotionally connected with one another? When someone's expressing pessimism or despair, it's not because there's necessarily anything wrong with Geno's chances, it's because they're sad and/or discouraged. Instead of being assholes and dragging people down even further, why not try consoling or encouraging them?

See, that's me being upset. Even I've been getting short with people lately. I do think there's something in the air. Maybe something in the water.

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Geno being a 3rd party Mario character is such a tricky situation to be in. In a way it feels even more precarious than Banjo’s position was because at least Banjo is the face of his own franchise. I don’t think Geno being a supportive character or a deuteragonist impacts his worthiness for Smash, but I do think it knocks his place on the priority list down a few pegs.

For third party characters, especially DLC characters, it seems like timing is an important factor. Minecraft has taken a step back in popularity, Halo’s going through a reboot phase, and Phil Spencer was ultimately cool with Banjo in Smash. It was a solid good-will move on Microsoft’s part and may double as market research for both companies to test demand for a Banjo - Kazooie reboot.

To me, Geno would fit a similar good-will / market test move for Square; however, they also have their second flagship franchise coming to Switch this year in a definitive edition format. Geno’s a fish out of water as a Square IP, and would’ve had a much less convoluted and competitive path as a first party character, cult status or not. I don’t blame Square & Nintendo for the choice they made, but I’m still puzzled by the lack of SMRPG music at least.

We’ve seen “impossible” characters and multiple surprises make it into Smash Ultimate so far. Long-standing requested characters are on Sakurai’s radar. That’s a good sign for Geno moving forward. That said, I do agree that we need to have some sort of coordinated response to the Mii Costume. It was a pleasant surprise in Smash 4, but Geno fans are hungry for an upgrade and we’re not going anywhere.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

I will say that you definitely give your stance almost every single day that you feel he is extremely unlikely for Ultimate. It does get to be a bit much sometimes but clearly you’re well within your right to say whatever you want.

Personally, I use this place to boost my confidence and other users’ confidence of him getting in. In my heart I’ve constantly been terrified of his chances for over a decade, but this place is my respite from my own negative thoughts and being positive is what keeps me coming back and supporting every time I get btfo.

We can and shall will him into the game.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Look I didn’t want to make this post, partly cuz I don’t like being an *******, and this definitely makes me appear as one, but this happens every day and it brings a negative atmosphere to the whole board. Geno’s chances aren’t nearly as bad as you make them sound. Even if you don’t believe that, many of us do. Normally I’d just put a user on ignore (and have for even a few other geno fans here who’ve been overly negative...) but I don’t want to do that to you cuz I actually do respect you and enjoy many of your posts that aren’t about genos chances, but every single day there’s at least one pessimistic post by you on how he’s basically Screwed.

Ugh now i really do feel like an ***...im sorry, but really...
Yeah, you're being an asshole.

Look, I get behaving like ***** towards guys that can definitely behave like jerks (like yours truly), but I think there's a line crossed when you start taking **** out with Ovaltine. If you like someone when they're happy and positive, you gotta like them when they're not having a great time. This is some fair weather bull****.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
I think most of us are on edge with the threat of the Mii Costume looming over us. Let's try not to get hostile to one another and chill.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A thing about being pessimistic? It does become grating to many when it's all the time. It doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong either. That said, sometimes moderation may be helpful in how one acts. :)

But yeah, let's try to chill a bit. We're fans here, after all.

link2702

Smash Champion
Has it really been that often?...
Yes. I’m sry I sounded so mean but yes it’s been that much.
No, you're fine. I've been very sick and upset lately myself -- I think it's something in the air. Maybe Jupiter's going retrograde while it's hanging around in Scorpio this month. Plus, recent events on the news have not been helping any of us, I think.

And the rest of you complaining need to stop dragging others down who feel similarly and start lifting people back up. >=( Is it so much to ask of us all for us to stay emotionally connected with one another? When someone's expressing pessimism or despair, it's not because there's necessarily anything wrong with Geno's chances, it's because they're sad and/or discouraged. Instead of being ******** and dragging people down even further, why not try consoling or encouraging them?

See, that's me being upset. Even I've been getting short with people lately. I do think there's something in the air. Maybe something in the water.
believe me I’ve truly tried to convince people that our situation isn’t as grim as it seems, but there comes a point where someone has to say something when some users are negative every day.

Trust me I really truly didn’t want to make that post, most of the time I’ll usually just put users on ignore, and i was fully aware of the backlash I’d get after that post, but i do not wanna to put oval on ignore.

But the negativity lately has gotten out of hand. And no amount of trying to uplift people’s spirits has worked. No changes to the subjects like just imagining his moveset, no fond memories of smrpg being discussed, and things always revert back to “his chance is zero //_; “

Trust me, I’ve been there, I’ve been overly negative years ago on virtually everything, and eventually people called me out on it, and they were a hell of a lot harsher on me for it, (and in fact one of those users is still a regular here). But I started to realize it’s not the end of the world, and I also realized my negativity was also bringing everyone else down. I’m not saying people need to act overly or ignorantly optimistic, but really things aren’t that bad, and even if they are, there’s no reason to bring it up all the time, some of us still have some hope left.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
No changes to the subjects like just imagining his moveset, no fond memories of smrpg being discussed, and things always revert back to “his chance is zero //_; “
Well, to be fair, things like that have been discussed plenty, to the point that nothing new is really coming out of it. Memories have been revisited, move set ideas have been plentiful, and... we're just kinda out of topics. The most I can recommend is making fan content when you can, which is what I keep trying to do.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490

And the rest of you complaining need to stop dragging others down who feel similarly and start lifting people back up. >=( Is it so much to ask of us all for us to stay emotionally connected with one another? When someone's expressing pessimism or despair, it's not because there's necessarily anything wrong with Geno's chances, it's because they're sad and/or discouraged. Instead of being ******** and dragging people down even further, why not try consoling or encouraging them?

Anxiousness is in the water.

We're so close to what could be a major blow to what we've been trying to accomplish for well over a decade once again, and the feeling that this ride could potentially run out of steam is hitting some. I understand it; after Brawl, Geno was practically dead in the water until DLC hit for Smash 4. The Smash 4 Geno thread is somewhat evidence of that. Just under 100 pages in the span of 3 years compared to the 1000+ we have here is astounding. I would absolutely hate to see the same happen to us now like it did post-Brawl. To a lot of us, it feels like the next update video will be our make or break.

Of course, we won't lose our momentum if we simply keep going. Even if Geno's costume makes an appearance, that should just let us know that we need to get louder. Our silence in between Brawl and Smash 4 might have been something that hurt us, so let's not repeat the cycle!

genonod.gif

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Anxiousness is in the water.

We're so close to what could be a major blow to what we've been trying to accomplish for well over a decade once again, and the feeling that this ride could potentially run out of steam is hitting some. I understand it; after Brawl, Geno was practically dead in the water until DLC hit for Smash 4. The Smash 4 Geno thread is somewhat evidence of that. Just under 100 pages in the span of 3 years compared to the 1000+ we have here is astounding. I would absolutely hate to see the same happen to us now like it did post-Brawl. To a lot of us, it feels like the next update video will be our make or break.

Of course, we won't lose our momentum if we simply keep going. Even if Geno's costume makes an appearance, that should just let us know that we need to get louder. Our silence in between Brawl and Smash 4 might have been something that hurt us, so let's not repeat the cycle!

Well said. I'm only done when Geno's a fighter.

D

Deleted member

As long as Sakurai doesn’t say “Geno won’t be in” hope shall prevail.

Besides, the Mii Costume deconfirm isn’t pretty clear yet. It coulf turn out to be another of the many fan theories that were made against Ridley or K.Rool back then.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Well, to be fair, things like that have been discussed plenty, to the point that nothing new is really coming out of it. Memories have been revisited, move set ideas have been plentiful, and... we're just kinda out of topics. The most I can recommend is making fan content when you can, which is what I keep trying to do.
Could i interest you in a comic iv'e been planning to work on based on smash ultimate's story mode?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Look, these characters aren't deconfirm just because they're Spirits, they're Spirits because there was no plans for any of those characters to be playable in the Fighters Pass. If there was another Fighters Pass them most likely they'll take Spirits and upgrade them, but that's not going to happen right now.

I disagree with this. Sure they might have gone out of their way to include Geno as a Spirit but that doesn't mean anything. As we seen Sakurai can basically get any character like Cloud, Joker, The Hero, Banjo, and Simon Belmont. If Sakurai wanted to make a character be playable then they would've been playable. I doubt getting Geno would've been as difficult to get when compare to Cloud and The Hero, especially when they couldn't get any original artwork to use for Cloud's Fighter Spirit.

I honestly don't think Sakurai ever had any intention of making Geno playable, at this point he can literally move mountains to get any character he really wants. There's no way Sakurai will ever come out and say "Oh I actually don't care for this character and most likely will never plan of having them be playable," that's just terrible PR. He needs to present himself as being unbias, which is why he'll never say anything like him not liking Waluigi or any other particular character. It's hard to take any of Sakurai's claim about Geno serious when he's still not playable despite the good relationship they have with Square. I know this has already been brought up and people on this board are sick of it but this is the truth, for a game called Super Smash Bros ULTIMATE Sakurai made Piranha Plant playable while Geno most likely isn't going to be part of roster. Because of that we know that Sakurai considers this Smash Bros to be Ultimate without the inclusion of Geno while Piranha Plant was a must have. That gives perspective of how he thinks.

I don't think Sakurai really cares about Geno, it's easier for him to just give scraps like a png file or a costume instead of putting in the effort of making him playable.
You know Nintendo picked the DLC characters, right? Not Sakurai. He's not an almighty being.

He never said PP is a must have, and it makes no sense to compare it to a third party.

Also, can we please kill "ITS ULTIMATE SMASH!" meme? A game's name doesn't make you entitled to your wants.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I will share you a link to the smashboards page i made for it, hope you are intrigured with my idea.
https://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-ultimate-comic.485131/#post-23402968
Can't say I have a lot of input to give as-is, but it does sound pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to what you make out of this!

Also, can we please kill "ITS ULTIMATE SMASH!" meme? A game's name doesn't make you entitled to your wants.
This especially applies given Ultimate isn't even the game's name in Japanese. It's like... come on now. Saying stuff like, "Banjo is in, now this REALLY feels like the ultimate Smash for me," and positive versions of this sits fine with me, but using it as a way to bash the game and its choices is ridiculous.

D

Deleted member

You know Nintendo picked the DLC characters, right? Not Sakurai. He's not an almighty being.

He never said PP is a must have, and it makes no sense to compare it to a third party.

Honestly, I just feel that Ultimate is perfect the way it currently is.

As much as I may want Crash, I honestly feel that I got a 99,99% of everything I wanted already included.

So even if they don't add Crash I will welcome with a big smile whoever the last two reps turn out to be.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Piranha Plant as an argument for any aspect of DLC and character choice is null, in my honest opinion.

To me, it's plain to see that Piranha Plant was the completely off-the-wall choice for the roster like each Smash game before it has had. Game & Watch, R.O.B., and to a lesser extent Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt. All very unique, completely blindsided characters. The difference here being that Plant was not ready before release. A lot of people, including me, don't believe that Plant was destined to be a pre-order bonus or individual DLC from the start. It's clear that they had almost everything ready for Piranha Plant before the game was released, but there were some little missteps that prevented him from making it in on launch.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
And that’s fine.

Or make some sort of ingame challenge every week for everyone in smrpg, and we update our progress. Anything else other than him having zero chance, the hero and/or his costume returning being the final nails in the coffin etc.

Really I just want some of the constant negativity lately to end for awhile, that’s all.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

Well first of all Nintendo made a list of characters that could be DLC and Sakurai gets to choose who he wanted from that list.
Sakurai got to pick the base roster, and it was stated that Sakurai wanted Joker in so he got some sway in it. Plus I doubt Nintendo was the one who put Piranha Plant on the list since it's the only DLC character that has a Palutena's Guidance, which points to Piranha Plant being a base game character that was chosen by Sakurai.

If Sakurai wanted to he could've gotten Geno in. But he didn't. Instead it looks like Sakurai had no interest in Geno's inclusion. In Sakurai's mind Geno doesn't need to be in the roster in order for this game to be consider Ultimate.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So supposedly there is maintenance check/run going on tonight and again in the morning?

We may have our answer soon, but all in all...this has been a great place to escape to. I hope we can continue to voice our support til Geno returns!

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So supposedly there is maintenance check/run going on tonight and again in the morning?

We may have our answer soon, but all in all...this has been a great place to escape to. I hope we can continue to voice our support til Geno returns!
Yeah, I'm gonna call this coming Thursday for Hero's release + Mii costume pack 2.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Piranha Plant as an argument for any aspect of DLC and character choice is null, in my honest opinion.

To me, it's plain to see that Piranha Plant was the completely off-the-wall choice for the roster like each Smash game before it has had. Game & Watch, R.O.B., and to a lesser extent Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt. All very unique, completely blindsided characters. The difference here being that Plant was not ready before release. A lot of people, including me, don't believe that Plant was destined to be a pre-order bonus or individual DLC from the start. It's clear that they had almost everything ready for Piranha Plant before the game was released, but there were some little missteps that prevented him from making it in on launch.
Plant is the only DLC to have a Palutena Guidance too. And there was the often advertised deadline to get Plant free. Did anyone even wait to buy him?

Just....things feel off about Plant, like he was intentionally moved from base to DLC. Maybe they wanted to have something to hold over people until the Fighter Pass, but using the WTF character may not have been the best move. Each other WTF character brings another aspect of Nintendo with it, being a new series. Plant was just another reminder that the Mario series was in the game. It had the shock value, but the shock is long gone. Now its just......there.

Ironically, I think there wouldn't be all this apprehension with geno if the developers DIDN'T give him so much attention. When the main developer, who got Cloud, Hero, Banjo, Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Ryu, etc in the same game, goes on to mention that he is a fan of Geno, that he wanted him in Brawl, acknowledges the fanbase over the years, gives a special splash screen to his Mii costume and makes a spirit set-up that perfectly matches what he did in his home game, you can't blame people for thinking he might be playable. People are getting frustrated because it comes off like the developers are wishy-washy and don't want to commit to making him playable and instead dance around it with pointing out his popularity and his content. People are wondering what push the developers need to finally inch over the finish line and add him officially to Smash.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Also real quick, I think it would be an insult if they did the fanfare again. So I imagine it would be glossed over.

Also also, is it weird that with so little support for Geno during Sm4sh that they did the fanfare? I mean, he could have seen the support back in Brawl days and thought 'Oohhh yeah, I make you Mii Costume...for now' But...that should seem odd, right?

Unless there is a sleeper Geno support group in Germany (or where ever) that we don't know about, would it seem odd IF Sakurai was aware of only the support for Geno in Sm4sh speculation and not before?

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm gonna call this coming Thursday for Hero's release + Mii costume pack 2.
I'm calling Thursday or Friday (to coincide with DQ Builders 2). If Hero works like Joker, we'll get Mii Costume returns beforehand, which is probably better. Fingers crossed, it's not long to go!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Given what Sabi's source has said, I'm more inclined to believe that Geno's Mii Costume may not be showing up with the DQ heroes. I'm a little more optimistic because of that and Sakurai's recent interview regarding character selection

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Given what Sabi's source has said, I'm more inclined to believe that Geno's Mii Costume may not be showing up with the DQ heroes. I'm a little more optimistic because of that and Sakurai's recent interview regarding character selection
What did Sabi say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom