• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
This is giving me flashbacks to the first time i used smashboard...
"you're a troll for saying that X character won't be in even if you still gave justifications!!!"

i only said that he's a spirit therefore he won't be playable...
i didn't mock him or his fans...
Well if you aren't a troll I'd really just say you should give more detail to your argument like the Why Spirits Disconfirm, Why you think that, What evidence you have, Etc. One sentence responses really make you look like a troll.

SmashHype64

Smash Rookie
Well if you aren't a troll I'd really just say you should give more detail to your argument like the Why Spirits Disconfirm, Why you think that, What evidence you have, Etc. One sentence responses really make you look like a troll.
Sure!
Reggie's quote in "The game awards" saying that dlc will offer characters that are new to the serie
(spirits are already represented so...)
Sakurai saying that "All of them, except the fighters, are turned into spirits."
and fighter spirits are unusable
and finally, small white plant turns into petey piranah skiping the normal piranha plant phase

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This is giving me flashbacks to the first time i used smashboard...
"you're a troll for saying that X character won't be in even if you still gave justifications!!!"

i only said that he's a spirit therefore he won't be playable...
i didn't mock him or his fans...
That is troll-like behavior. Couple that with your history, and it's not uncommon to assume that you are a troll.

Regardless, while I agree that Spirits disconfirm, a ton of people (here, on other threads, and anywhere on the internet) disagree. It's a very tired debate and nobody wants to go down that road again.

Now, whatever his chances may be, are you a Geno supporter? If not, what brings you to this thread?

SmashHype64

Smash Rookie
That is troll-like behavior. Couple that with your history, and it's not uncommon to assume that you are a troll.

Regardless, while I agree that Spirits disconfirm, a ton of people (here, on other threads, and anywhere on the internet) disagree. It's a very tired debate and nobody wants to go down that road again.

Now, whatever his chances may be, are you a Geno supporter? If not, what brings you to this thread?
Well they assumed that i'm a troll since i first came to SmashBoard when Gfaqs banned me so...
pretty sure they do deconfirm tho...
nope! just going into wathever popular thread just like i did in Gfaqs...

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Sure!
Reggie's quote in "The game awards" saying that dlc will offer characters that are new to the serie
(spirits are already represented so...)
Sakurai saying that "All of them, except the fighters, are turned into spirits."
and fighter spirits are unusable
and finally, small white plant turns into petey piranah skiping the normal piranha plant phase
1) My take on the first thing is just that Reggie was explaining that the DLC would be all new characters to the franchise unlike how Smash 4 had Lucas, Mewtwo and Roy come back as they were veterans meanwhile this DLC pack would contain all new characters for those who may not be in the know as the Video Game Awards' Audience may not be the same Audience who're interested in Smash.

2) That's just Sakurai explaining the lore behind WoL as every playable character in Smash were not turned into Spirits while the Characters who cameo'd in previous Smash games were turned into Spirits and more. It's just the lore and it's not talking about DLC characters.

3) That may be because Piranha Plant was planned for Base Game as data in the game seems to imply and he's the only one with a Palutena's Guidance out of him and Joker after all so it makes sense as to how he may have been planned for Base Game. Why would the Piranha Plant Spirit not be used with Petey regardless? Cause it would be redundant and no other character who's playable has anything like that.

Also who's to say if they added Geno in Smash they wouldn't use a variation of the Character like his actual Star Spirit? Sprites can work for both Normal Spirits (Buzz Buzz) and Fighter Spirits (Ice Climbers) let alone that they may use Geno's hypothetical Smash Render as his Fighter Spirit.

There are work arounds for this and regardless of it's unlikely or not it's still there.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This is the stuff we are talking about. This is someone who doesn't want to talk about why we like Geno or has mild interest in the character.
So ignore them and report them. Don't engage with them because that's obviously what they want.

SmashHype64

Smash Rookie
1) My take on the first thing is just that Reggie was explaining that the DLC would be all new characters to the franchise unlike how Smash 4 had Lucas, Mewtwo and Roy come back as they were veterans meanwhile this DLC pack would contain all new characters for those who may not be in the know as the Video Game Awards' Audience may not be the same Audience who're interested in Smash.

2) That's just Sakurai explaining the lore behind WoL as every playable character in Smash were not turned into Spirits while the Characters who cameo'd in previous Smash games were turned into Spirits and more. It's just the lore and it's not talking about DLC characters.

3) That may be because Piranha Plant was planned for Base Game as data in the game seems to imply and he's the only one with a Palutena's Guidance out of him and Joker after all so it makes sense as to how he may have been planned for Base Game. Why would the Piranha Plant Spirit not be used with Petey regardless? Cause it would be redundant and no other character who's playable has anything like that.

Also who's to say if they added Geno in Smash they wouldn't use a variation of the Character like his actual Star Spirit? Sprites can work for both Normal Spirits (Buzz Buzz) and Fighter Spirits (Ice Climbers) let alone that they may use Geno's hypothetical Smash Render as his Fighter Spirit.

There are work arounds for this and regardless of it's unlikely or not it's still there.
1)Honestly, seems too far stretched since the whole game is about "EVERYONE IS HERE"
2)pretty sure that he said that the spirits are a way to enjoy character without being playable
3)white plant directly evolve to petey because the piranha plant is fighter spirit imo
"re-use the smash render for fighter spirit" Classic Square Enix...

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Looking through YouTube, I've never realized how many Smash animations and storyboards Geno has. Granted, I've long been aware of people like TerminalMontage TerminalMontage but, now that YouTube's recommendation algorithm is super catered to things you watch, I'm discovering a lot of ones that only have a few thousand or even few hundred views. I've probably seen at least half a dozen in the past week that I've never seen before.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Looking through YouTube, I've never realized how many Smash animations and storyboards Geno has. Granted, I've long been aware of people like TerminalMontage TerminalMontage but, now that YouTube's recommendation algorithm is super catered to things you watch, I'm discovering a lot of ones that only have a few thousand or even few hundred views. I've probably seen at least half a dozen in the past week that I've never seen before.
Ooooh, care to share some of them? If anyone finds stuff like that, do post them here. It's definitely a testament to how beloved Geno is.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1)Honestly, seems too far stretched since the whole game is about "EVERYONE IS HERE"
2)pretty sure that he said that the spirits are a way to enjoy character without being playable
3)white plant directly evolve to petey because the piranha plant is fighter spirit imo
"re-use the smash render for fighter spirit" Classic Square Enix...
Could you cite 2)? I never heard of that.

I've heard of that in a similar way related to Assist Trophies, though. As they're mainly there for characters who simply didn't make the cut as playable.

SmashHype64

Smash Rookie

I've heard of that in a similar way related to Assist Trophies, though. As they're mainly there for characters who simply didn't make the cut as playable.
Can't find it anymore, someone mentionned it in GameFaqs tho...

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Can't find it anymore, someone mentionned it in GameFaqs tho...
I personally wouldn't trust GameFAQs as a source. The site is honestly full of misinformation being thrown around on the forums. I'd take anything said there with a large grain of salt.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
D

Deleted member

I am 33 years old today -- my birthday :) -- and I have no idea how to feel about that.

My age will never curb my enthusiasm for Smash speculation or Geno support though.
Happy Birthday to you too!
Man so many birthdays today

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well they assumed that i'm a troll since i first came to SmashBoard when Gfaqs banned me so...
pretty sure they do deconfirm tho...
nope! just going into wathever popular thread just like i did in Gfaqs...
Just a heads-up: you probably want to head to the threads of whatever character(s) you do support, instead of heading into the threads of characters you don't support. At least, you'll get a much better reception that way.

I also recall that, I think it's from the November Direct?

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Pretty sure it was from the massive direct that announced spirits

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Just a heads-up: you probably want to head to the threads of whatever character(s) you do support, instead of heading into the threads of characters you don't support. At least, you'll get a much better reception that way.

I also recall that, I think it's from the November Direct?
So if I remember correctly, I looked at this Famitsu article a while back and pointed out how the wording was taken in the wrong context and how it didn't confirm or deny, once again, that Spirits are for character who can;t be playable.

Not sure how far back it was I addressed that, wonder if I can find that again.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there was the wording from the Nov Direct that people also mistook. I bet I can address that as well.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
It's a shame that K. Rool isn't playable because Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein (same character) are spirits.
Similar I'm disappointed that despite "Everyone is here" Young Link can't make the cut because Deku Link and Fierce Deity Link (same character) are spirits.
Cutting Ganondorf was quite controversial but he's been replaced with the Twilight Princess Ganon spirit (same character according to the Hyrule Historia).
It was also quite a shock that Sakurai cut Pit from the game given his history with the series, but I suppose adding the Pit (Original) (same character) spirit was more important.
What was especially strange, though, was when they replaced Samus with half a dozen spirits that are also Samus (of which four are pictured here), unless you mean to tell me that the suits themselves are posing without a person inside of them.

I could keep going down the list but frankly I'm quite shook at what I've discovered already. This clearly rules Geno out for future DLC, as adding (Original) to the Geno spirit already in game is a programming impossibility. The technology simply isn't there.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
It's a shame that K. Rool isn't playable because Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein (same character) are spirits.
Similar I'm disappointed that despite "Everyone is here" Young Link can't make the cut because Deku Link and Fierce Deity Link (same character) are spirits.
Cutting Ganondorf was quite controversial but he's been replaced with the Twilight Princess Ganon spirit (same character according to the Hyrule Historia).
It was also quite a shock that Sakurai cut Pit from the game given his history with the series, but I suppose adding the Pit (Original) (same character) spirit was more important.
What was especially strange, though, was when they replaced Samus with half a dozen spirits that are also Samus (of which four are pictured here), unless you mean to tell me that the suits themselves are posing without a person inside of them.

I could keep going down the list but frankly I'm quite shook at what I've discovered already. This clearly rules Geno out for future DLC, as adding (Original) to the Geno spirit already in game is a programming impossibility. The technology simply isn't there.
See, I completely understand where you are coming from. I've made this argument myself. The problem is that the argument stands on 'Geno is a playable Spirit while all the Fighters in the game have non-playable Spirits, including Piranha Plant' and that all the other variations of the same character are still not the original character. Keep in mind that, thus far, no character in the Fighter's Pass or just DLC in general has had themselves as a Spirit and really anything related to their series until they got into the game (minus PP, as other Plant-esq characters where in the base game, but PP itself was not)

Now obviously I know that Geno could get a Smash render for his Fighter Spirit, just like Cloud, and that his playable Spirit could have a text update if needed, I'm just running the other side here.

As for the Nov 1 Direct, there ain't a damn thing that says 'Spirits are for characters that can't be playable.' The CLOSEST you could possibly get is when White Sakurai notes that the system is implemented so you can 'enjoy characters other than Fighters', but even then that's not a deconfirmation at all: it's simply implying that this new system will allow you to enjoy characters outside of the fighters in the game, not that Spirits cannot become playable later on. Other than that, there is the mentioned of 'being able to simulate more battles than ever before' but once again, this is not a deconfirmation: it's giving a simple explanation of the goal of the new mode.

Now, let us use some intelligence here.

Everyone keeps saying that they don't expect future DLC, but I think they are absolutely crazy in that regard: Sakurai didn't even want to do the DLC he did, but guess what? It happened. If Nintendo wants more DLC, it will happen. Thus, it's up to whether or not the characters and the Fighter Pass sells well enough to warrant more, and with Joker, Hero, and B&K on that list with two more reveals left...I'm sure they will make PLENTY enough money. Frankly, I think even if the FP doesn't meet their goals, individual DLC will go exceedingly well enough to warrant either more passes or at the very least more individual packs.

Now obviously a company would keep potential future DLC in the realm of possibility, as it's just simply a way to make more money while updating a game people already have and play. Sakurai thinks that DLC is less profitable than just making a new game, but I think he underestimates some things, like getting more content quicker rather than waiting for years to get a bigger release, being willing to sink more money into a game when you know you love that game vs spending a bigger amount on a new release you haven't played yet, and how much weight Ultimate carries as the 'Everyone Is Here' game and how we all know it would never continue like this for the next Smash title.

Now if you are trying to keep future DLC in mind, what sense does it make to shut off 1,300+ character options? This would only make sense if all the future characters were picked already, and even so that list would have to be ungodly small and would be a horrible fusion of corporate picks and out-there choices that no one asked for when you consider who all is a Spirit (EDIT: I realize that some character like Crash or Spyro, etc, are both not Spirits and would be big fan picks. Of course there are characters that are exceptions, but if you consider how many characters that are requested would be unavailable by Spirits deconfirming them vs the number of character left afterwards that have actual fan demand, you would see what I was trying to say in that many of the future DLC picks would have to fall under either corporate pushes or characters no one asked for). Now of course not every character that is a Spirit is realistically a realizable fighter, I mean just look at some of them. Some of them are clearly just a character people love that even those fans know doesn't have enough to be a fighter. I'm talking Spirits like Bullet Bill, The Phone the represents Ness's Dad, and boss monsters like The Imprisoned and etc. Some of them clearly couldn't happen, but there are many others who easily could, like Geno, Shantae, Rayman, Bandanna Waddle Dee and many others who are only Spirits and not also Assist Trophies.

Like you can't tell me Nintendo wouldn't put Rex and Pyra or Rayman or Porky or Geno or any of these other highly demanded characters as DLC options in the future just because a separate team Sakurai hired and had minimal interaction with put a PNG of them into the game, right? That would almost be financially irresponsible on top of being just plain stupid. The realistic decision here is to keep these characters in the realm of possibility and wait for the numbers to be crunched and come back to you, if they aren't in the Pass already. Then if it seems that more DLC is worth the investment, check to see with the fanbase and your data collected over the years to see which characters would be the best choices and then make it happen Captain.

Last edited by a moderator:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
See, I completely understand where you are coming from. I've made this argument myself. The problem is that the argument stands on 'Geno is a playable Spirit while all the Fighters in the game have non-playable Spirits, including Piranha Plant' and that all the other variations of the same character are still not the original character.
This is maybe true for all the other spirits but the Pit (Original) one I linked. It's just Pit drawn in a different style. There's no timeline shenanigans, no plausible deniability by saying "K. Rool's other identities are different personalities," it's just Pit drawn in the '80s instead of the '10s.

Keep in mind that, thus far, no character in the Fighter's Pass or just DLC in general has had themselves as a Spirit and really anything related to their series until they got into the game (minus PP, as other Plant-esq characters where in the base game, but PP itself was not)
This would worry me if it wasn't for the fact that the other DLC characters were Third Party. I'm 90% sure PP was planned from the start as a easy to make preorder bonus.

I agree with all the rest of your post.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I don't think Spirits are inherently an all or nothing type scenario of 1300 deconfirmations. I think there are lots of technicalities to consider when considering how Spirits impact the speculation discussion. But I'm increasingly holding to the idea that Spirits deconfirm for the Fighter's Pass. We've generally got a sense that the Fighter's Pass was chosen at a decently early time in Ultimate's final year of development leading up to release. To the point where they were all definitely confirmed by November 1 which is around when the game would have been going gold and officially into physical production. You'd know the year of DLC that was coming up and cross reference the list of Spirits to make sure there wasn't any overlap. If there was, dropping a Spirit is probably the most inconsequential thing you could do. Nobody will notice the absence of a Spirit battle when there's several hundred available. So I do think Spirits one hundred percent deconfirm for the Fighter's Pass. An entire season of DLC was planned for Ultimate prior to release whereas during the announcement of Mewtwo in the final Smash for Wii U Direct in 2014, they hadn't even begun development on him properly and were unsure of how the DLC season was going to go, and Smash for 3DS had released even earlier with trophies of Mewtwo and Lucas.

The intentional design surrounding the DLC for Ultimate leads me to believe this is something they would have figured out well in advance and been able to adapt Spirits to their future plans. So I've become pretty definitive in my stance that they do deconfirm for the Fighter's Pass. None of the three characters we've seen so far have had Spirits in the game, but more importantly, had no reason to have Spirits in Ultimate prior to their unveiling. I think that's going to be indicative of the final two fighters as well. I think we're going all third party, brand new franchises for the Fighter's Pass. Spirits deconfirm for the Fighter's Pass in this scenario because those Spirits never actually had a chance to be included as Fighters in the Pass seeing as they are new franchises to the series as a whole. Sure, we could get a first party character or a character from a previously represented franchise in Smash, but every single part of their execution surrounding the Fighter's Pass leads me to believe that will not be the case.

For future DLC beyond the Fighter's Pass though? It's open season for Spirits, Mii costumes, and probably even Assist Trophies. Though it remains to be seen if we'll get more Fighters beyond the Pass. We have to get to that point first and see what the future holds (my prediction is still that we might see a single extra fighter developed and maybe an Echo or two as a finale of sorts to Ultimate... but that's still a bit of a stretch that I'm uncertain about).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think, as opposed to last time, DLC was chosen far enough in advance and with enough foresight that there won't be any overlap with Spirits.

If there is a character added who already has a Spirit, I suspect it will occur should more inclusions happen after the Fighter Pass concludes, given those decisions will not predate release. Though that itself is another debate entirely.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Do we even known when certain characters were selected to become Spirits? It's something we need to account for I believe. Keep in mind that Sakurai wasn't even aware of anything pertaining to DLC until after Jan 11th, 2018 (sometime before the initial announcement of Ultimate in March of last year).

Not that I think it works in favor for a character like Geno per se (could happen IDK) but if Sakurai already had plenty of Spirit battles done (programmed, integrated to WoL, part of summons, etc) he wouldn't take them out like that given the work required and the amount of having to change a lot of things up; which in turn can become more work for the team. I believe it's a similar case to Chrom not being taken out of Robin's FS despite being playable.

So in that regard, I think the Spirit situation is very ambiguous and doesn't have to be the same across literally every spirit in the game. Some Spirits might be better off than others in regards to their chances.

Just wanted to pop in this thread to add to the discussion. It's a topic I wanted to discuss in detail.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Do we even known when certain characters were selected to become Spirits? It's something we need to account for I believe. Keep in mind that Sakurai wasn't even aware of anything pertaining to DLC until after Jan 11th, 2018 (sometime before the initial announcement of Ultimate in March of last year).

Not that I think it works in favor for a character like Geno per se (could happen IDK) but if Sakurai already had plenty of Spirit battles done (programmed, integrated to WoL, part of summons, etc) he wouldn't take them out like that given the work required and the amount of having to change a lot of things up; which in turn can become more work for the team. I believe it's a similar case to Chrom not being taken out of Robin's FS despite being playable.

So in that regard, I think the Spirit situation is very ambiguous and doesn't have to be the same across literally every spirit in the game. Some Spirits might be better off than others in regards to their chances.

Just wanted to pop in this thread to add to the discussion. It's a topic I wanted to discuss in detail.
It's something I've thought about before. It could work for or against Geno, depending on when he was added. Shantae's chances look like they're next to none for me, as an example, given her spirit's one of the very last ones in-sequence in the code. She was probably a very last minute addition.

As for Geno, though... beats me.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Since we're talking about Spirits I'm on the side that characters that are Spirits aren't going to be Fighters. The DLC Fighters were chosen in advance, so when it comes to chosing who to become Spirits they would've know who to use and who not to use. I know people will point out the Jet Force Gemini Spirit that was found in the datamine, but now that Banjo is coming to Smash Bros we're probably going to get those Rare Spirit in Banjo's Spirir Board. Speaking of which seeing how each character is getting their own Spirit Board make it more lean that the established Spirit would've been hold back for the DLC Spirit Board if they were related to the DLC Fighters. If any of those characters were planned to be playable then they wouldn't be Spirits.

I don't think these characters are deconfirmed because they're Spirits, I believe that these characters are Spirits because Sakurai and his team had no other plans for those characters in Smash Bros Ultimate.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Since we're talking about Spirits I'm on the side that characters that are Spirits aren't going to be Fighters. The DLC Fighters were chosen in advance, so when it comes to chosing who to become Spirits they would've know who to use and who not to use. I know people will point out the Jet Force Gemini Spirit that was found in the datamine, but now that Banjo is coming to Smash Bros we're probably going to get those Rare Spirit in Banjo's Spirir Board. Speaking of which seeing how each character is getting their own Spirit Board make it more lean that the established Spirit would've been hold back for the DLC Spirit Board if they were related to the DLC Fighters. If any of those characters were planned to be playable then they wouldn't be Spirits.

I don't think these characters are deconfirmed because they're Spirits, I believe that these characters are Spirits because Sakurai and his team had no other plans for those characters in Smash Bros Ultimate.
My thoughts exactly. If Geno does end up missing the boat for Ultimate, it's sure as hell not because he's a Spirit. At worst, the Spirit simply indicates a lack of further plans for him on Sakurai's part. Not quite as simple as "spirits deconfirm."

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Yeah, pretty much this is what I'm thinking.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
My thoughts exactly. If Geno does end up missing the boat for Ultimate, it's sure as hell not because he's a Spirit. At worst, the Spirit simply indicates a lack of further plans for him on Sakurai's part. Not quite as simple as "spirits deconfirm."
Well these characters are deconfirmed, but they're not going to say "Welp, this character can't be in since we use their png file for a Spirit." It sucks that we got a list of around 1300 characters we know ain't getting in.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well these characters are deconfirmed, but they're not going to say "Welp, this character can't be in since we use their png file for a Spirit." It sucks that we got a list of around 1300 characters we know ain't getting in.
To be fair, of those 1300, maybe a solid 100 are even relevant to any conversations surrounding Smash, and even that might be a stretch honestly. It's a nice big thing to say the 1300, but a bunch of those encompass the Fighter Spirits, Spirits of more item related content, random as hell one off characters that even hardcore fans genuinely struggle to remember, items, and an absolute ton of variants for existing fighters (Like Wedding Bowser and Fox Luigi among others).

Like, the characters that only have a Spirit that would genuinely even be entertained by the Smash community are like Shantae, Geno, Rayman, Rex, Bandanna Dee, Dixie Kong, Chorus Kids, Ninten, and Ganon. When you knock out all of the excess Spirits, knock out all the characters that wouldn't get in before a more mainstream one (Kiddy Kong and Cranky Kong are extremely unlikely to get in before Dixie Kong for example), and so on, the list really isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be. More characters generally ended up as Assist Trophies of importance (Which is natural given Assist Trophies are of a higher caliber and better representation for the primary character in question) rather than just Spirits. The list of characters that the Spirits genuinely deconfirmed that both had a realistic shot of getting in and were beloved by the "community" isn't exactly some grand long list. Spirits deconfirm is basically not an issue to like 95% of them, and another half of the remaining 5% already have the Assist Trophy roles so they have a greater level of "deconfirm" even though such a thing doesn't really exist for Smash.

The vast majority of Spirits genuinely fit extremely well in that role anyway since it's largely just highlighting additional characters that can't even make it to Assist Trophy status. The handful I listed are odd, but again, it's a shorter and less consequential list than the whole 1300 people love to throw out.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Let's see... Here's some of them:

Geno vs Bowser Jr.: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IsSaFn65LAA

Geno vs Skull Kid #1: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZCj5aDSe3g

Geno vs Skull Kid #2: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3fmRekccM9E

Pretty much all of us November 1st: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xhpa-Cus3eY

Is this Loss?: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CzYgl8G1QYw

Geno teams up with Rosalina: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FVBCo3Mba_k
Thank you; that Geno vs. Bowser Jr. storyboard gave me life.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Well, with spirits so far that seems that it is a deconfirmation. The Fighter Pass is showing us that no fighters are spirits or that one will be a fighter.

If by any chance that it's broken ("rule"), the possibilities for fighters as DLC will increase even further.

In a way, that is a good thing as it reinvigorates speculation and discussion of Smash games as whole.

Think about it. If spirits and trophies represent the same thing in bringing us characters to Smash without being playable then with a character becoming playable there would be no more "barriers" except the companies themselves.

:bowser:.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I am tired of the spirits deconfirm debate. Can we please just all acknowledge that no one knows whether or not they deconfirm? Because I hate people that insist that there is NO CHANCE of let's say Tails, getting in because he is a spirit. WHAT??? Sakurai can do whatever the **** he wants, it's not like he was like "Oh, guess Tails is a spirit, can't make him a fighter. So, we have no information for either side being true or false, so thereby we should drop the subject. OK mates?
Good, because I am going to start playing SMRPG soon so I will want to ask for tips and help and certain sections mates.
see ya around,

a !message from your friendly neighborhood Shadow the Hedgehog fanboy

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Nintendo of France has made a post about Hero, the video seemingly implying he's coming very soon. Some of the comments on the post talk about next week. Not long to go now! I don't speak much French at all, so if anyone can translate, that'd be great!

https://twitter.com/NintendoFrance/status/1147535676960673792?s=19
How nerve-wracking. I wish I could be excited for Hero (and I probably would be, actually, if it didn't seal Geno's fate), but just knowing that Mii costume is likely on the horizon, that big nail in the coffin... ugh. My boy was done so dirty.

D

Deleted member

How nerve-wracking. I wish I could be excited for Hero (and I probably would be, actually, if it didn't seal Geno's fate), but just knowing that Mii costume is likely on the horizon, that big nail in the coffin... ugh. My boy was done so dirty.
It's like beign in Termina looking at the Moon in the sky as it slowly approaches into the ground, knowing that we can't do nothing to save ourselves, ecept this time there's no Link that can help us.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
It's like beign in Termina looking at the Moon in the sky as it slowly approaches into the ground, knowing that we can't do nothing to save ourselves, ecept this time there's no Link that can help us.
Nintendo, you chose the DLC. You could'a been Link. You and Square with Square being Tatl.

Why u let us die.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
If the Mii Costume returns, do you think it'll be with special fanfare like Smash 4 or not?
No, because no single costume with Joker got extra special fanfare.

Man, it's gonna GET WEIRD if Geno's Mii Costume doesn't return.

It's gonna get REALLY WEIRD!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If the Mii Costume returns, do you think it'll be with special fanfare like Smash 4 or not?
No fanfare at all. It'll just be an afterthought. It's frustrating and depressing, but unfortunately, that's the reality we'll face if it comes back. Nintendo just doesn't care about throwing Geno a bone at this point, and they've made it very clear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom