• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Luigi finally getting the Poltergust as part of his moveset is yet another long time request that's finally being fulfilled. Like I've said in the past, this is a pretty damn tall tower that Sakurai's building and it's going to be really, really hard at this point to not be bitter if Geno is snubbed because he's fulfilling all these fan requests that go back to the Melee speculation days.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Oh shoot!
I saw this recently but it is big!

Crunchii did that thing where he tweeted another code and it was just decoded today to be the Japanese name for Forest Maze. He previously did this with a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 song shortly after posting the Ultimate main menu music from a presskit.

The decoding from what Crunchii says:
)0301(90815131514141108030104110
Or something like:
ANACHANNOMORI(1030)
if you reverse it and do the number > letter thing. It mentions Japanese name for Forest Maze!

Crunchii is known for revealing the Ratholos theme and Main theme from Ultimate. If Forest Maze is true, then it is HUGE for Geno!

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
Oh shoot!

Crunchii did that thing where he tweeted another code and it was just decoded today to be the Japanese name for Forest Maze. He previously did this with a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 song shortly after posting the Ultimate main menu music from a presskit.

Crunchii is known for revealing the Ratholos theme and Main theme from Ultimate. If Forest Maze is true, then it is HUGE for Geno!
Do you have a source for this? Or is it just his Twitter?

TBone06

Smash Ace
It is his twitter but he deleted quickly similar to XB2 tweet.

In his Twitter, he says the random numbers/letters were hints.
I’d be interested in seeing if anyone got a screenshot. Hard to have any credibility without it. But if it’s true that would be pretty awesome.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Come to think of it, Crunchii is more of a Loz than a Verge actually. Especially when I heard of his story. I felt pretty angry toward him right now. We can believe his rumors but looking at his past, he probably do this for attention anyways.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Crunchii is lying about Forest Maze (which is very likely), it means nothing for Geno.

His sources, from what I heard, just get permission from Nintendo to upload music or something, and they give the music to Crunchii. He doesn't have the game.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
1539898032676.png he8JpvV.png crunchiiHINT.jpg

these are the ones ive saved but they werent in the last 24hours, i think the numbers one was the xenoblade hint...unsure if the long list of letters was solved or what though.

I'd really like to see this forest maze hint if it exists.

[EDIT] apparently it is the letters one and it somehow can be deciphered into numbers and then as the japanese forest maze title as JustCallMeJon JustCallMeJon said

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
okay so from what I understand though this guy is got this song from nintendo. although was he the only one to get permission to post the main theme or was it given to several people? because it's possible he could be using the fact that he posted the theme just to make people think he has insider info.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
okay so from what I understand though this guy is got this song from nintendo. although was he the only one to get permission to post the main theme or was it given to several people? because it's possible he could be using the fact that he posted the theme just to make people think he has insider info.
Yeah, he just has a source who get's permission from Nintendo to upload music.

I doubt Nintendo would let them have Beware the Forest's Mushrooms before Geno is revealed.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Come to think of it, Crunchii is more of a Loz than a Verge actually. Especially when I heard of his story. I felt pretty angry toward him right now. We can believe his rumors but looking at his past, he probably do this for attention anyways.
Do you know how it was decoded, from start-to-finish? Looking at it like that has me a bit puzzled.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Oh shoot!

The decoding from what Crunchii says:
)0301(90815131514141108030104110
Or something like:
ANACHANNOMORI(1030)
if you reverse it and do the number > letter thing. It mentions Japanese name for Forest Maze!

We’re all gonna get our magnifying glasses and code breakers out just to find the secret phrase is ‘remember to drink your ovaltine’ like in A Christmas Story

Just kidding, but why would this guy have insider info about soundtrack stuff, especially one that’s obviously tied an unreleased character?

Forgive my skepticism. I still believe Geno is probable but my expectations on leaks have been tempered since the last debunk.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We’re all gonna get our magnifying glasses and code breakers out just to find the secret phrase is ‘remember to drink your ovaltine’ like in A Christmas Story

Just kidding, but why would this guy have insider info about soundtrack stuff, especially one that’s obviously tied an unreleased character?

Forgive my skepticism. I still believe Geno is probable but my expectations on leaks have been tempered since the last debunk.
He is the one that posted the menu theme and rathalis theme

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, after the last debunk my expectations have also been humbled... While this music thing would be amazing, i'll need some hard proof for this to really be a leak. the legal ramifications of this are a little steep for someone who supposedly has permission to be showing this stuff off.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Crunchii has posted the Ultimate Menu theme and the Main Theme for Yoshi's New Island, and the Yoshi one sounds like it's the full mix. He posted the Rathalos theme, but it has "[OG]" in the title so I assume it's straight from Monster Hunter. His other uploads are old remixes and such that are safe to assume they're in Ultimate.

Due to what I've heard of him taking credit and uploading rips that still have voices and sfx, and him posting a bunch of old remixes for Ultimate even before he had the Menu theme, it might be safe to assume he's just trying to gain attention. Him having Forest Maze's music before Geno is revealed is very unlikely.

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Looking at the ANACHANNOMORI(1030)...
(1030) could very well be a date for.. something.
October 30th. 10/30.

Maybe a possible Direct, with this song being uploaded on that day?
Wait...
10/30 is a Tuesday.. Music is uploaded on Tuesdays..
Hmmmm...

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, he just has a source who get's permission from Nintendo to upload music.

I doubt Nintendo would let them have Beware the Forest's Mushrooms before Geno is revealed.
Unless Geno is not revealed and is not in the game, then it could be real: A song in tribute to SMRPG playing in a Mario's stage...

Crunchii always post the hinted songs on his YouTube channel. Only if this song is a new remix then I believe it is true (cuz Nintendo would never pick a famous song from a long-awaited game and use it's original version. If it's some sort of tribute then they would spend more time on it).

But if this song is a new remix and we are getting it through Crunchii and not through a character reveal trailer, then this is a bad sign...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Unless Geno is not revealed and is not in the game, then it could be real: A song in tribute to SMRPG playing in a Mario's stage...

Crunchii always post the hinted songs on his YouTube channel. Only if this song is a new remix then I believe it is true (cuz Nintendo would never pick a famous song from a long-awaited game and use it's original version. If it's some sort of tribute then they would spend more time on it).

But if this song is a new remix and we are getting it through Crunchii and not through a character reveal trailer, then this is a bad sign...
-Beware the Forest's Mushrooms is in the game
-No Geno or any other SMRPG character/reference aside from a Mii Costume

I have a hard time believing this would happen; Sakurai already has to get the license to this stuff from Square, may as well go in with a "Geno or bust" point of view.

Last edited:

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
There is a BotW track called Maze Forest. Doesn't sound like the track is anything special, but that's a possibility

D

Deleted member

Looking at the ANACHANNOMORI(1030)...
(1030) could very well be a date for.. something.
October 30th. 10/30.

Maybe a possible Direct, with this song being uploaded on that day?
Wait...
10/30 is a Tuesday.. Music is uploaded on Tuesdays..
Hmmmm...
Wait, what!? Music always appears on Wednesdays for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
There is a BotW track called Maze Forest. Doesn't sound like the track is anything special, but that's a possibility
Beat me to the punch! I was wondering if another song had a title similar to that and sure enough

Now watch that track be used in Spirits mode somehow.

link2702

Smash Champion
Remember sassy geno before y’all get too excited for what this crunchii guy says. Don’t get y’alls hopes too high yet. I’m still sure we won’t hear a thing relating to geno, whether music, stage, and especially the character, until Nintendo and square decides to show us.

Again i am still pretty confident in geno getting in, but I just don’t see us getting any confirmation till Nintendo decides.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman

I can’t see this happening. We’re gonna get Geno with his tunes or we’ll get nothing at all. Giving us just Geno’s tunes without Geno’s presence would be such a kick to the face that even Nintendo has gotta know how much of a mistake that would be.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I can’t see this happening. We’re gonna get Geno with his tunes or we’ll get nothing at all. Giving us just Geno’s tunes without Geno’s presence would be such a kick to the face that even Nintendo has gotta know how much of a mistake that would be.
Yep I agree, there's no way Sakurai would just go to Square-Enix to ask them for Geno for them to say no but for him to accept a couple of tunes. We are getting Geno or nothing, that's the way I see it.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I didnt think crunchii would actually try to leak something (without permission). Is it really on his account?
Also, what's the actual cipher for decoding the numbers? I didnt see it posted, did I just miss it?

Last edited:

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I'm in. I support Geno in SSBUltimate. I've played SMRPG and I enjoy it. : D I'm also a really big RPG fan, so I would love to see him playable with Fawful and Paper Mario.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
How much Super Mario RPG representation has been in Smash so far?
1. A Geno costume for Mii Fighters in Smash WiiU/3DS
2. Some of Peach’s moveset is borrowed from SMRPG like her side-smash, in which she hits opponents with a Frying Pan.

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
1. A Geno costume for Mii Fighters in Smash WiiU/3DS
2. Some of Peach’s moveset is borrowed from SMRPG like her side-smash, in which she hits opponents with a Frying Pan.
There's also Mario's Final Smash.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Wait... I'm ignorant.

When Geno was confirmed an Mii Costume, what was that music used in the back? Was that not from SMRPG?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wasn't Forest Maze an unused track in Brawl?
The track was found in the data (or just the track's name, as it didn't have music), though it could have been from a Mario & Luigi game because the name was "Mushroom Forest" or something.

Wait... I'm ignorant.

When Geno was confirmed an Mii Costume, what was that music used in the back? Was that not from SMRPG?
It was Beware the Forest's Mushrooms from SMRPG, but it wasn't added to Smash itself; it was just used for the footage.

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
The track was found in the data, though it could have been from a Mario & Luigi game because the name was "Mushroom Forest" or something.

It was Beware the Forest's Mushrooms from SMRPG, but it wasn't added to Smash itself; it was just used for the footage.

So... no one is using this as evidence? Sakurai literally had permission to use this song for a trailer. But c'mon guys. He could easily... EASILY slap that **** in Ultimate if Square let him use it for a damn Mii Costume reveal.

Also, what if Geno wasn't added because of the whole "Bayonetta wasn't a ballot pick" thing. Y'know how the models were already in Smash ready for Cloud and Bayonetta.

He could've known Geno was near the top of the ballot and saved him for Ultimate. Just like how they saved Inklings for Ultimate. And guess who was a Mii Costume too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom