• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, heres an interesting question...

How do you guys plan to watch VGA? Personally, I plan to watch it through a stream of someone else, either Maximillian Dood or NicoB, as I find the commentary rather nice when it gets to the dryer parts of the event. Plus, there is always something great about hyping along with someone else live.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I’m going into tomorrow with full blown idiotic Hope and tricking myself into ignoring leaker reputation and all their reports. Grinch Leak taught me it’s better to just wait (cough even if verg disconfirmed that leak...)

It’s time for ma boy in Smash and im swingin his flag until he’s in damnit!

Bee Card

Smash Ace

How do you guys plan to watch VGA? Personally, I plan to watch it through a stream of someone else, either Maximillian Dood or NicoB, as I find the commentary rather nice when it gets to the dryer parts of the event. Plus, there is always something great about hyping along with someone else live.
Rogersbase for me or Gamekult (it's a french video game website don't worry if you don't know x) )

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Me not trying to hype myself up with the idea of a double reveal and potentially setting myself up for disappointment......

i need it.jpg

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

I'm having my best friend over for it and we're going to watch it plain with no commentary. We'll make fun of the dumb parts and get hyped for the announcements.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'll probs watch the stream through the actual, official stream unless Vinny Vinesauce streams over it. I'll watch Vinny's in such a case.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Here's a cool, cute boy for y'all. :drflip:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Normally I watch the VGAs with my brother but he's gonna be busy with work this yeah. :\
E:a letter

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Unfortunately I have a class at the VGA time. I will have to do a presentation, watch a bunch of other presentations, then drive home to finally watch it. I'll just watch it through a livestream of some kind that allows me to reset it like a video. I'll probably use the little preview window to look for anything remotely resembling Smash first, lol

RingJ5

Smash Ace

Either through a restream or their full 4K stream, not sure yet. It’ll most likely depend on who of my follower list is streaming it at the time, but that full crystal-clear picture(especially now that I have the connection to support it) is also quite tempting.

Antho

Smash Apprentice

I usually record it and watch events like Directs or TGA’s by myself, just in case something I really want to happen, well, happens. I don’t normally post or stream them though, since my internet isn’t the best.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Like this:
Grincheno.png

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

I'll probably watch their stream without commentary. And preferably with a friend of mine, but since the GAs will be at 10:30pm in my timezone, I dunno if he'd be up to it.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I never do this but I just worked 12 hour shifts yesterday and today: can someone summarize the past 24 hours of news/discussion

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I never do this but I just worked 12 hour shifts yesterday and today: can someone summarize the past 24 hours of news/discussion
Sure thing! So far... nothing. No insiders have come forward with anything regarding FP5, no official reveals have happened today, nobody's made any extensive posts about Geno's chances today... okay that last one was a bit of a fib. We've been talking about stuff, but it's nothing noteworthy, basically just retreading info we've already discussed. And with that, you're all caught up. Until next time...
GenoBoomer.png

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Me not trying to hype myself up with the idea of a double reveal and potentially setting myself up for disappointment......

I'm pretty sure we will get Geno later, I mean this fighter pass is a "deal with third companies pass" and SE is already involved in it.
As for Doomguy, Vergeben said he'snt next and I'm still trusting him.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
So I’ll probably miss the GA live, since I’m taking my wife out for dinner tomorrow.

I’m hoping I come home to hear that geno is fp5. Or at least dlc 6. Whoever gets announced though I’ll just be relieved that this is all over. The fp has probably been the most exhausting speculation period I’ve ever been a part of . I will be glad it’s over.

Yeah I know it’s likely gonna have season 2 fp speculation next, but I’m hoping it won’t be anything like this one...

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

I'm probably going to skip it and just check twitter every now and then.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman

If I'm not studying for one last final exam of the semester, then I'll probably watch it through SomeCallMeJohnny's stream. Very nice and funny Youtuber. Highly recommend watching his reviews and let's plays.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
If I'm not studying for one last final exam of the semester, then I'll probably watch it through SomeCallMeJohnny's stream. Very nice and funny Youtuber. Highly recommend watching his reviews and let's plays.
>SomeCallMeJohnny
MyManGeno.png

I didn't even know he was streaming TGAs.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Oh my god, don't get the Quote fans hopes up

What an odd and conveniently timed post. What context could they be using? I mean, I know not everything video games is Smash related, but what else could this mean besides character 5, and why would they be asking at this time, in this part of the country, localized entirely right by the VGAs?

Did they actually leak character 5 potentially coming from them? And if this is true, just how unbelievably pissed off is Nintendo right now? If that tweet goes away, I think its legit. All that secrecy all this time and the providing company could have blown it with just 24 hours to go?

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
What an odd and conveniently timed post. What context could they be using? I mean, I know not everything video games is Smash related, but what else could this mean besides character 5, and why would they be asking at this time, in this part of the country, localized entirely right by the VGAs?

Did they actually leak character 5 potentially coming from them? And if this is true, just how unbelievably pissed off is Nintendo right now? If that tweet goes away, I think its legit. All that secrecy all this time and the providing company could have blown it with just 24 hours to go?
I wouldn't put too much stock in a deleted tweet. We've had other prominent figures interact with smash tweets in some ways only to delete their tweets, and yet nothing happened

DeputyDalmatian

Smash Cadet
As @catsforlife1 has pointed out, someone has been able to mod in a hat, and from his experience the hardest thing to account for was the texture. According to him, the game will crash if the compression size is too high, and compressing the texture did exactly that, so he had to posterize it. What this means is that making a hat at the quality of what we see in the CacoMallow post is pretty difficult, but not impossible. Honestly though, I think getting the Mallow hat to work right may just be significantly easier than getting the Cacodemon hat to properly encircle the Mii's face.

Below is a comparison I've compiled. The one on the left is the CacoMallow post, the middle is a recreation made in blender, and the right is a recreation made to run in-game.
View attachment 252311
Okay that makes things easier for me to understand. So essentially it is possible to put e costumes/hats into the game, but matching them pixel for pixel is where it gets complicated. I can see why it hasn’t been formally debunked yet. Thank you!

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
How would team "Genoslayer" feel if instead of Doomslayer we got the Dragonborn? He's someone I've in the past mulled over but I kind of forgot about until now

Think it'd still be good for us?

1576127898869.png

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
How would team "Genoslayer" feel if instead of Doomslayer we got the Dragonborn? He's someone I've in the past mulled over but I kind of forgot about until now

View attachment 252332
I would rather Doom Slayer. That would immediately help our cause and I think the Doom Slayer would be much more interesting then the Dragonborn in both concept and execution.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Hypothetical question for y'all: What if we are indeed getting Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo costumes? If that Mii leak is real (not Cacomallow, still feel it kinda smells), would you feel Geno's chances are better as a fighter or a costume? I dunno, I just feel like getting those three with Geno as a fighter makes more sense. Putting ALL of that with another Square rep just kinda... overshadows anything that Square rep would have (strictly in terms of costume potential) by inundating the Mii pack with a load of SMRPG and a tiny dash of Chocobo. I really feel like Geno will make it if those costumes are legitimately coming.
I feel like Mallow could come without Geno as a fighter; the two of them being costumes makes sense in my eyes, especially since Mallow is already in as a Spirit. But Smithy? If we’re getting a Smithy costume, we’re getting Geno.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 252332
I've always kinda guessed that FP5 would be someone "big" like Dragonborn or Master Chief. I'm not sure who else would be big like that in Japan, but someone like that is who I figure.

D

Deleted member

Oh my god, don't get the Quote fans hopes up

This is shaping up to be the best pre-announcement hype possible, holy cow. He's not Geno (and honestly haters are gonna say he steals Geno's spot since they're both [GUN ROBOT]), but man will I feel vindicated to have stood by Quote being the only worthy indie option and then he ends up being in the Fighters Pass. Hardest read of my life.

Curly Brace alt skin or riot.

I'm going to watch the official livestream with my wife, and we're going to talk **** about everything we dislike and hype the stuff we do like.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 252332
Vault Boy or Master Chief would still be cool if Doom Guy didn't get in but an Elder Scrolls character just seems extremely boring to me. I've played Skyrim and I liked it enough but I would seriously be disappointed if Dragonborn was the Bethesda character. Geno wouldn't be affected by this at the very least but I would still be very sad.

Also, **** Todd Howard. Doesn't deserve respect after what he pulled with Fallout 76.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm going to be putting these in spoilers due to stretching the hell out of the page, but my Krabs Countdown project is FINISHED!

KrabsDay10.png
KrabsDay9.png
KrabsDay8.png
KrabsDay7.png
KrabsDay6.png
KrabsDay5.png
KrabsDay4.png
KrabsDay3.png
KrabsDay2.png
KrabsDay1.png

KrabsCountdownFinalDay.png

Thanks to everyone for putting up with this silly little project of mine, it helped keep me sane during the wait up to the Game Awards. We may or may not even get a reveal tonight, but I'm happy to be in this with the rest of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom