• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Idk if anyone has ran through this, but these are the points for Lloyd I know

1. Two new Tales of logos tradmarked. One as a series name and another as an icon. Both would work well in smash
2. Scott Menville tweets about how much he loves recording for games on national video game day. There is a picture of him in a recording booth
3. Scott follows with a tweet about a “secret project” he is working on. This wasnt for Teen Titans, and I dont believe he’s ever been Robin’s VA in a game before, so that theory has no precedent.
4. Lack of Bamco characters in their own game (not specifically for Lloyd)
5. No returning Bamco costumes, one is very likely to be promoted, and its not gonna be Gil

I’m sure theres some stuff I missed plus the insider info
Who is “Gil”?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Seeing all these complaints about JRPG Swordsmen sure makes me glad Geno isn't one...

OH GOD OH ****
Geno's reveal trailer will just be a recreation of this, with everyone else replaced by Smash roster characters...

Droodle

Smash Lord
Idk if anyone has ran through this, but these are the points for Lloyd I know

1. Two new Tales of logos tradmarked. One as a series name and another as an icon. Both would work well in smash
2. Scott Menville tweets about how much he loves recording for games on national video game day. There is a picture of him in a recording booth
3. Scott follows with a tweet about a “secret project” he is working on. This wasnt for Teen Titans, and I dont believe he’s ever been Robin’s VA in a game before, so that theory has no precedent.
4. Lack of Bamco characters in their own game (not specifically for Lloyd)
5. No returning Bamco costumes, one is very likely to be promoted, and its not gonna be Gil

I’m sure theres some stuff I missed plus the insider info
He's actually voiced Robin in the Teen Titans video game, but that was back in 2005. And also a Batman game back in 2003, based on the batman cartoon series.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Can I ask a sincere question? Has there ever been a character on as many leaks as Geno? It seems like every single Smash leak I look at has him in it, along with other popular picks. I wasn't big on Smash speculation back in the brawl days, since I was way too young at the time and never used forums like this.
K. Rool was pretty much in almost every leak in existence before he got in.

Convoy

Smash Apprentice
Fire Geno
Girl Geno
Dragon Geno
Muscle Geno
Geno Geno
Dad Geno
Magic Geno
Pink Gold Geno
Metal Geno
Dr. Geno
Baby Geno
Cat Geno
El Geno
Le Geno
Comrade Geno
Geno-Kun
Geno as seen from above
Geno Wearing A Funny Hat
Geno 2
Geno & Geno
Geno Featuring Geno From The Super Mario RPG Series

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
While the idea of Lara Croft voiced by Doc Brown is a terrifying one, his last video game role was an elderly King Graham from King’s Quest, which I would unironically be so hype for. (er, maybe not the elderly version, but you get the idea)

Really, any point-and-click adventure representation would make me go absolutely insane, but that’s basically the one genre with literally a zero percent chance of ever happening.

To clarify, according to Sakurai himself, Nintendo specifically requested that Joker be revealed at the Game Awards, when Sakurai had no actual work done on the character at the time. That’s why we had the special animated trailer.
Man, you don't know how ****in hyped I'd be if Sam and Max made it in.

D

Deleted member

"Geno is just a generic anime swordman!" :4pacman:

Fatman commented on Phoenix. Looking pretty good for him so far, though it makes me a little upset that Ammy's not in the running. Oh well.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Banjo too. Erdrick/Arusu started to show up in every text leak after the 5chan leak.
Was he? Banjo was in every fake leak but wasn't in any real one until he was leaked by the top leaker three weeks prior. Geno has shown up in nearly every fake text leak since the beggining.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
"Geno is just a generic anime swordman!" :4pacman:

Fatman commented on Phoenix. Looking pretty good for him so far, though it makes me a little upset that Ammy's not in the running. Oh well.
On one hand, I'm happy that Phoenix Wright seems likely... on the other, Fatman may have just jinxed Wright's chances...

Are you approaching me?
I can't Geno Whirl the **** out of you without getting closer.

D

Deleted member

Was he? Banjo was in every fake leak but wasn't in any real one until he was leaked by the top leaker three weeks prior. Geno has shown up in nearly every fake text leak since the beggining.
Yeah, people just started to include either Banjo or Steve to make their leaks more credible.
I don't know what it is about Geno and fake leaks. I think Ridley had a similar case back with Smash 4. It's gotten to a point where you can tell a text leak is fake if it has Geno in it.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
And not just text 'leaks.' Geno has been in various model 'leaks' too.

It would be funny if people only do those fake leaks to troll the Geno fanbase, Nintendo sees it and goes 'Wow, look how dedicated these fans are, even making 3D models. If Geno is that liked to warrant that much effort, we should make him playable then.'

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If the VGA screen went static and we heard "Upupupupu" I would lose my ****

Monokuma isn't out of the race yet

A slept on possibility, imo

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
OH MY GOD WHO CARES

Vergeben knows nothing and Sabi can see his level through a glass bottom boat.
>Leaks Ridley, Simon, Isabelle, Kencineroar, Erdrick, Banjo, Terry, Isaac assist trophy, no cuts
>”Vergeben knows nothing!”

You sure about that?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm a bum... I copied and pasted this from the Discord because I wasn't expecting Nazyrus Nazyrus to literally have this all compiled like this already. Reading through each of the links and his own observations on the topic of Lloyd, this pretty much covers all the major talking points and pieces of evidence that we can share. All credit to him on this.

"Back in Nov 2, 2018, blueneuronDOTnet on smash boards gave us a list of why he believes Lloyd is a really solid shot:

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...es-the-slaughter.456945/page-11#post-22660247

Aside from that, and more recently, we heard from our NoA source “Tales news coming” in October 8th, the same day the trademarks of a book icon and “tales of series” text logo. The book icon has been jumped too fast to be believed as a “save icon” but nothing says that it is and it’s still an icon that looks like it would work perfectly in smash for Lloyd and his music section in the game.

The “Tales of Series” logo hasn’t been used at all, not even during the October Tales event that happened and they said “tales of series” at some point in the promos but they did NOT use the new trademarked logo anyway. A link of a couple of people who noticed this and pointed it out:

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...es-the-slaughter.456945/page-27#post-23615504

NessAtc. In the same board pointed out something to take in mind too:

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...es-the-slaughter.456945/page-27#post-23615796

“Considering Arise is already known, it has to be either a port, a non mothership game, or Smash. And only one of those would require that elaborate generic icon”

Since NoA heard “tales news coming” , we can easily assume it’s not related to mobile, as that would be purely Namco info and he is not a Namco source, he is a NoA one. It’s not for mobile then. Whatever it is, it’s coming to Nintendo, that’s for certain."

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
This thread is too fast for me to keep up.

I get it. You're right. Of course we're not getting all of these characters, that'd be silly. But my point is you shut down any chances that a character may have. You're the opposite of someone who just blindly believes leaks, you blindly think every leak is fake because Sakurai is your enemy and the dreaded anti-christ Pirahna Plant will stop your most wanted from getting in.

So when you say stuff like this:

How do you know that? Lloyd has legitmate chances regardless of leaks. I don't know why you got this idea of "Sakurai doesn't listen to fans" when he's proven to do the EXACT OPPOSITE this game.

You want proof? Everyone is here. Ridley. K Rool. The Belmonts. Dark Samus. Chrom. BANJO & KAZOOIE. Look at all the stages that were lost to time suddenly make a re-appearance. You know how long I wanted Great Bay to return?
Even if YOU didn't want Hero, people have wanted a DQ rep for a while and they finally got one. Even if YOU didn't want Terry, other people did.

I'm sorry, it's just really annoying to see you act pessimistic towards everything that has legitmate chances because you were hurt by Plant in the past.

That's the point I'm trying to get across. It's something I've learnt first-hand. Smash isn't made specifically for you. Please stop thinking like it is.

This is NOT a personal attack on you, I just want you to consider being slightly more optimistic about things.
If you say nothing's getting in, then nothing's gonna get in. So that brings me to my last question:
If you don't believe characters like Lloyd has chances of getting in, who is? Someone YOU don't like, but others do?
Okay first off, that comment of Lloyd not getting in because he's a requested character was suppose to be a joke, though I ain't putting real stock into it.

Also I'm not believing every leak is fake because Sakurai is my enemy (I like the guy, just don't think he has the best judgement all the times) I don't believe leaks because it's common sense. We hear all these characters and each one got deconfirmed, why bothering believing in any leak when it's going to wind up fake in less then a day? If we're hearing so many characters then chances are that none of them are actually going to happen.

Now on to the fan request debacle. Yes, many fans requests were answered, but that time is now over. Before the November Direct they were going on all cylinders answering many fan requested as possible, then November Direct came and that was the indication of them going in a different direction and stop having fan request be a top priority like it use to be.

Also saying some people want a characters like Hero & Terry so they're consider to be fan requests doesn't really count because just about every character that ever existed is wanted by someone out there. So by that proxy Piranha Plant is considered to be a fan requested character which I doubt many people would consider that to be a fan requested character. I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find a person who legitimately wants Bubsy for Smash Bros. Those kind of characters are on a different level when compare to the fan requested characters like Geno, Ridley, Simon, K. Rool, and Isaac.

Now last point, yeah I don't think Lloyd is getting in. Who do I think is getting in? Anyone. It can literally be anyone (with a few exceptions of course). No one, not even the people who wanted them, thought Joker & Terry had a legitimate chance in getting in. So with this new precedent the Fifth Fighter can be any character you know or a character you never thought of. It could be Reiji Arisu for all we know. There's many third party characters out there, there is no logical choice on who it's going to be or evidence that shows a character is likely. Remember, barely anyone talked about Dragon Quest getting into Smash Bros until Brave was datamined and leakers started say a Square Enix character was getting in.

D

Deleted member

I'm a bum... I copied and pasted this from the Discord because I wasn't expecting Nazyrus Nazyrus to literally have this all compiled like this already. Reading through each of the links and his own observations on the topic of Lloyd, this pretty much covers all the major talking points and pieces of evidence that we can share. All credit to him on this.

"Back in Nov 2, 2018, blueneuronDOTnet on smash boards gave us a list of why he believes Lloyd is a really solid shot:

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...es-the-slaughter.456945/page-11#post-22660247

Aside from that, and more recently, we heard from our NoA source “Tales news coming” in October 8th, the same day the trademarks of a book icon and “tales of series” text logo. The book icon has been jumped too fast to be believed as a “save icon” but nothing says that it is and it’s still an icon that looks like it would work perfectly in smash for Lloyd and his music section in the game.

The “Tales of Series” logo hasn’t been used at all, not even during the October Tales event that happened and they said “tales of series” at some point in the promos but they did NOT use the new trademarked logo anyway. A link of a couple of people who noticed this and pointed it out:

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...es-the-slaughter.456945/page-27#post-23615504

NessAtc. In the same board pointed out something to take in mind too:

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...es-the-slaughter.456945/page-27#post-23615796

“Considering Arise is already known, it has to be either a port, a non mothership game, or Smash. And only one of those would require that elaborate generic icon”

Since NoA heard “tales news coming” , we can easily assume it’s not related to mobile, as that would be purely Namco info and he is not a Namco source, he is a NoA one. It’s not for mobile then. Whatever it is, it’s coming to Nintendo, that’s for certain."
If the next Smash character has been in front of us the whole time in the form of that icon I'm gonna laugh so hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom