• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I still trust Sabi; it's clear she has real sources and stuff, it's just...

all this weird stuff since the SNK leak. why? what's going on?

and, not gonna lie, she seems to have somewhat of an ego.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait. Is this true?

I literally gave Sabi the brew Facebook post link the night before the jonesy 4chan leak happened in confidence. I actually did that because people in this thread were asking about the Ryu/Geno leak I'd heard. I was asked not to go public with the "proof" of their sources credibility (the brew FB post predicting piranha plant) but I said I'd share it with sabi on here if it would help back up that it existed.

here's the post im talking about:
View attachment 243155

I'm shocked if Sabi made the 4chan post on a dare, not sure if I believe they'd really do that. But if thats true that isn't cool at all.
Hey PapaGenos thanks for keeping up updated on everything regarding these leaks and such we're all rooting for Geno as one of the future characters. You're content is great and really enjoy you're channel's Smash content.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
The Jonesy thing was basically done on a dare. Brief summary: she was dared to make a 4chan leak and see how far she could take it. I was still on my hiatus at the time so I largely just saw the aftermath. Apparently it upset a lot of people?
I'm not one to judge for making fake leaks to see how far they go, it can be pretty fun. But when it comes from a credible source, now we have to start asking ourselves if something sabi's reporting on is just another goof, even if she never does it again (assuming I'm understanding the situation correctly). Personally, I don't think this hurts her credibility at all, but one must realize that once certain doors are opened, they are not so easily closed.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wait. Is this true?

I literally gave Sabi the brew Facebook post link the night before the jonesy 4chan leak happened in confidence. I actually did that because people in this thread were asking about the Ryu/Geno leak I'd heard. I was asked not to go public with the "proof" of their sources credibility (the brew FB post predicting piranha plant) but I said I'd share it with sabi on here if it would help back up that it existed.

here's the post im talking about:
View attachment 243155

I'm shocked if Sabi made the 4chan post on a dare, not sure if I believe they'd really do that. But if thats true that isn't cool at all.
Well, I've already chewed her ear about it but if this isn't the case, she needs to explain it. I agree. If this many people are still upset about it, the air needs to be cleared.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Sabi did not create the Jonesy leak, lol. It doesn't even remotely make sense to assume so when he is always being clear on what he can share and to what lengths on his twitter. I can vouch for the source he got that mentioned Ryu and Crash not being the ones for next DLC pack. So please stop spreading fake info, it literally makes no sense when you see how Sabi does the stuff he does in the first place, it doesn't benefit him one bit if it was indeed him. Please use your heads a bit next time... We are talking about the person who leaked the entire E3 and it's getting you info whenever he can. This is just like the people who has attempted to frame Vergeben or other leakers for creating fakes on /v/ or some stupid ****. You should know better.

D

Deleted member

I'm confused though so Sabi created the Jonsey leak? How did Brew get caught up in all of it?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sabi did not create the Jonesy leak, lol. It doesn't even remotely make sense to assume so when he is always being clear on what he can share and to what lengths on his twitter. I can vouch for the source he got that mentioned Ryu and Crash not being the ones for next DLC pack. So please stop spreading fake info, it literally makes no sense when you see how Sabi does the stuff he does in the first place, it doesn't benefit him one bit if it was indeed him. Please use your heads a bit next time... We are talking about the person who leaked the entire E3 and it's getting you info whenever he can. This is just like the people who has attempted to frame Vergeben or other leakers for creating fakes on /v/ or some stupid ****. You should know better.
I mean, based on her behavior in the past month or two...

I don't find it hard to believe.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wouldn't say that.

Even if she didn't create that leak, she did do some lying, like with Vergeben and Terry. She still has been acting strange lately. Thing is, why would a good reporter lie about something, anyway, or do something that hurts her credibility?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Then an explanation is needed and I'm saying this as someone who has seen the same conversations as you have. People are upset and confused and it's not a good look.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
1.) I didn’t make the 4chan leak, I think Fatman just got the wrong idea. I said in the GC that I figured out who did it. Me and brew even got their FB account. I told papagenos about this a night or two ago as well.

2.) I don’t know HOW many times I have to say Nanakarobi isn’t a “twitter alt”. That’s my friend who I share info to and with. Papagenos also knows of them. I told him the night the bonfire info went out that I shared with a close friend to post instead of me. He isn’t me.

3.) in regards to protostar, I don’t know what else to have to prove I didn’t fake that I had a c&d with e3 lol. Spazzy, from SG, even backed me on that. I got a call from a lawyer on Friday (iirc? It was that day), and even shared the cell phone # I got a call from. Not to mention I tweeted the email I got though deleted it a bit later because I was scared I’d get in trouble for that. And for those who saved it, they can see the sent email was indeed the law firm. I deleted it for mine and their privacy. I didn’t fake brew’s c&d, he just told me that he was told by somebody from Nintendo that he couldn’t talk about it. Idk if it was a formal c&d like what I got, but at least similar enough so I loosely called it a c&d.

Hope that clarifies anything. Kinda annoying I have to come here just to clarify this stuff. And no, I can’t talk about fighter 5 or tell people the source on that. Don’t wanna risk that. But I hope the many things I’ve already leaked are enough to warrant some trust. Love you all, peace.

D

Deleted member

Okay I think I get I assume she didn't create the Jonsey part of the leak. Still trust her. Again apperciate all she's done.

So all the best to her.

With everything.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
1.) I didn’t make the 4chan leak, I think Fatman just got the wrong idea. I said in the GC that I figured out who did it. Me and brew even got their FB account. I told papagenos about this a night or two ago as well.

2.) I don’t know HOW many times I have to say Nanakarobi isn’t a “twitter alt”. That’s my friend who I share info to and with. Papagenos also knows of them. I told him the night the bonfire info went out that I shared with a close friend to post instead of me. He isn’t me.

3.) in regards to protostar, I don’t know what else to have to prove I didn’t fake that I had a c&d with e3 lol. Spazzy, from SG, even backed me on that. I got a call from a lawyer on Friday (iirc? It was that day), and even shared the cell phone # I got a call from. Not to mention I tweeted the email I got though deleted it a bit later because I was scared I’d get in trouble for that. And for those who saved it, they can see the sent email was indeed the law firm. I deleted it for mine and their privacy. I didn’t fake brew’s c&d, he just told me that he was told by somebody from Nintendo that he couldn’t talk about it. Idk if it was a formal c&d like what I got, but at least similar enough so I loosely called it a c&d.

Hope that clarifies anything. Kinda annoying I have to come here just to clarify this stuff. And no, I can’t talk about fighter 5 or tell people the source on that. Don’t wanna risk that. But I hope the many things I’ve already leaked are enough to warrant some trust. Love you all, peace.
Let it be known that your efforts do not go unappreciated. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

D

Deleted member

I trust you Sabi/Polar Panda. If it seems l came off as accusing you of something you didn't do I applogize I trust you and you're sources and you've proven reliable with everything. All the best you have my support.

Don't worry about the fifth character when the information is ready to be shared it wil I'm sure. Again thanks for everything Have a good night! Now for now we continue on cheering on Geno for his possible inclusion!

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

Thanks for letting us know sabi sorry some of us got mad at you. Hope the best for you. As for us we are going to pray that our boy Geno gets in. Take care buddy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man that Geno is a cool dude.

Would be awesome if he gets into the Brothers of Smashing someday!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

Alright well I hope this is the case. A lot of confidential stuff has gotten out lately and it is not helpful at all, obviously transparency and getting info out there is what we want to do however when everything thats heard privately goes public immediately all it does is sour relations with potential sources of information and they may not continue to share what they know. We need multiple sources so we can see what lines up and have a clear picture of what might be going on. When a source gets outted they suddenly have everyone coming at them if their info isnt 100%correct. There is a serious balancing act with keeping information and sources confidential while at the same time letting the community know as much as possible and not hiding info while still protecting the sources from the wrath of potentially "being wrong about smash on the internet" (it is not something anyone wants to deal with).

whether the 4chan post was on a dare or if it was a "steveposter" like I was told, I know other things have gotten out recently that shouldnt have and all that does is make sources wary of saying what they heard and we risk potential not hearing or figuring out the truth. So to anybody who hears something confidential think about what outting the source of that info can actually do.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Alright well I hope this is the case. A lot of confidential stuff has gotten out lately and it is not helpful at all, obviously transparency and getting info out there is what we want to do however when everything thats heard privately goes public immediately all it does is sour relations with potential sources of information and they may not continue to share what they know. We need multiple sources so we can see what lines up and have a clear picture of what might be going on. When a source gets outted they suddenly have everyone coming at them if their info isnt 100%correct. There is a serious balancing act with keeping information and sources confidential while at the same time letting the community know as much as possible and not hiding info while still protecting the sources from the wrath of potentially "being wrong about smash on the internet" (it is not something anyone wants to deal with).

whether the 4chan post was on a dare or if it was a "steveposter" like I was told, I know other things have gotten out recently that shouldnt have and all that does is make sources wary of saying what they heard and we risk potential not hearing or figuring out the truth. So to anybody who hears something confidential think about what outting the source of that info can actually do.
You forgot to reply to Sabi/PolarPanda's post.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

Well said papa well said
images copy 6.jpg

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
You forgot to reply to Sabi/PolarPanda's post.
I was already typing that and didnt see sabi had replied already.

alright I trust you, I was just shocked to hear it suggested like it was some known thing and no big deal. Glad to hear its not the case lol

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Things are heating up in the speculation realm it seems. If confidential information has gotten out prematurely like you said PapaGenos, then I hope some new announcement of some kind somes with Terry to clear the air a bit (whether that be Mii costumes or Fighter #5).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Completly understood thankfully everything with Sabi was cleared up. With so many leaks it's hard to tell whose lying or who whose a legit source at times! But I do believe all the people who given us news are credible. Definetly don't want you guys to lose a trusted source or anything thankfully it dosen't seem like any of you won't.

All the best and again thanks for the up to date information.

We all want Geno in and for now we just continue to cheer for news for his arrival!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

You recently stated on your videos that you saw how legit his source saying "no crash and no ryu" was (because you saw who it was, most likely…) , this is the type of stuff you all get from Sabi after all. Besides, we ALL mods in his server had to deal with the crap storm that the fortnite leak caused in the first place as it is, some of us know him for quite a long while now and if it was indeed the case that he did create it, trust me, we wouldn't have agreed cause we know how much worse it would have come to, lol. It not only wouldn't have benefited Sabi, but also none of us who handle his server, some of us have very limited time to handle any situation so we try to keep things there as tame as possible as it is. This is clearly something someone against Sabi would want, only people against him would gain anything from this after all. You saw how legit his sources can get, he doesn't win anything by risking his credibility when trying to pass around such legit info, lol. Anyway, glad all things that needed to be said, have been said.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You recently stated on your videos that you saw how legit his source saying "no crash and no ryu" was (because you saw who it was, most likely…) , this is the type of stuff you all get from Sabi after all. Besides, we ALL mods in his server had to deal with the crap storm that the fortnite leak caused in the first place as it is, some of us know him for quite a long while now and if it was indeed the case that he did create it, trust me, we wouldn't have agreed cause we know how much worse it would have come to, lol. It not only wouldn't have benefited Sabi, but also none of us who handle his server, some of us have very limited time to handle any situation so we try to keep things there as tame as possible as it is. This is clearly something against Sabi would want, only people against him would gain anything from this after all. You saw how legit his sources can get, he doesn't win anything by risking his credibility when trying to pass around such legit info, lol. Anyway, glad all things that needed to be said, have been said.
Sabi...is...a...she. Just to let you know.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Now that we have all these insiders here all at once, we can ask the serious questions, the important questions, the qyestiquestions ons deep in our souls we fear to ask as the dread of darkness envelopes us, causing us to scream for salvation, that light that insiders can shed and deliver us INTO THE BRIGHT FUTURE THAT WILL WASH AWAY THE FEAR AND TRIUMPH OVER THE SINS SMASHING MANKIND!

LO, YOU INSIDERS!!!

What would your favorite alt color of Geno be? A different shade of blue? Maybe a slighty deeper sky blue? Blue is quite pleasant. Really.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I don't really put stock in leaks/leakers in general as I've said before. As Papa explained it's like a game of telephone and there's simply too much room for mistakes even if everyone in the game has the best intentions and just wants to report the facts. Add on to that that people can be immature and the power of being a leaker can go to their head which appears to be the case with Sabi when she took a "dare". I don't doubt that Sabi has legit sources or even that she really is a good person who wants to help the masses be a little more informed in general, but it clearly was a poor decision if she really has been so odd lately due to a dare. I figured that the reason was to sully her track record a little to throw big wigs off her and her sources' scents as some others had suggested, but sounds like that may not be the case. Needless to say, I'm just glad I never really cared about leakers to begin with.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
One random thought that I've had is that it was written as Mallow/Smithy because they're the same type of Mii Fighter. Mallow and Smithy could both easily be Brawler or Swordsman.
I doubt it. I think they're just put together because they're from the same series. The Tails and Knuckles costumes were showcased together as well, so it might be like that.
What would your favorite alt color of Geno be? A different shade of blue? Maybe a slighty deeper sky blue? Blue is quite pleasant. Really.
Generally, I want them all to reference different charaters. More specifically though, I'd like a nice red alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom