• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I'll shoot an email to Jose Otero too to see if we can get his help.

Also, when I emailed Square and they said they don't support that game, that doesn't mean they don't have the rights anymore, they (customer service) just don't support the game. So we'd probably have to contact Nintendo, and when they need to they run things by Square.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I have no idea if this guy from IGN will respond at all, just FYI, so let's all refrain from counting our chickens before they hatch.

Also I was given info on the Black Mage thread; it was revived by AustarusIV and I tried to send him a message to see about getting the Black Mage fans in on the scheme but I keep getting errors. Would anyone here who is particularly articulate and good with that sort of thing be so kind as to PM him or something, asking him if he and the other Black Mage fans would like to work together on this?

Also I don't see hide nor hair of any Cloud, Crono, or Sora fans here anymore. That's honestly a shame. :(
I would really love to see Geno and black Mage both in the same super smash as a playable they are my most favorite square Enix characters but I know it will never happen because sakurai said "1 character each company" unless if sakurai changes his mind.
But if we see a lot of request between sora and crono and cloud and slime and geno and black Mage it might start a war between square Enix fans because 1 of them is going to be choosen at the end and we won't be getting another 1. so I am happy that people has mostly requested Geno to be the square Enix rep and most people does a agree with this just like how capcom fans wanted Megaman the most and he was very higher than ryu and any other capcom characters

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I can't seem to find the Slime thread either. :( Where the hell did all of the Dragon Quest fans go? I thought they were the other big Square group here.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I would really love to see Geno and black Mage both in the same super smash as a playable they are my most favorite square Enix characters but I know it will never happen because sakurai said "1 character each company" unless if sakurai changes his mind.
A Black Mage color palette on Geno would be rad. It could compliment white mage Rosalina and Robin

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
But if we see a lot of request between sora and crono and cloud and slime and geno and black Mage it might start a war between square Enix fans because 1 of them is going to be choosen at the end and we won't be getting another 1. so I am happy that people has mostly requested Geno to be the square Enix rep and most people does a agree with this just like how capcom fans wanted Megaman the most and he was very higher than ryu and any other capcom characters
I do take your point, however we can't control who other people would want and it's better for everyone to work together instead of engaging in stupid flame wars and alienating everyone else. We have to remember that it's just a video game; it's not that serious.

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
I only voted for him once. Waiting to go back to school so I can vote him twice with a better argument :u
I don't have a lot of other device to use ^^'

But yeah, it would be best if we worked together. From what I can see, Geno have lost a big ammount of fans who must have given up or found a new one to vote for. If we can find a group where we can vote for each characters, we may lift the numbers up. (If we can at least make it so he is in the Top 10/5, it would be amazing already-)

As for the color palette, it would be amazing to have the different "gears" you find as you go in your quest to repair Star Road (like the Pirate or Fire cape ones ovo) as well as references (Like for the Black mage or other)~

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I mentioned on my Geno vote how I used to go online, but instead of 56 K I wrote 401 K

LOL

I need to send a new one I guess

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Maybe we should just tweet Nintendo and ask if they have the rights to use Geno. They'll probably be more open to answer the questions because of the Smash Ballot.

Steelia

Smash Champion
64 times but that was only yesterday sorry I was busy XC and yes I used different stuff and I used my 3ds too lol
Careful - as a wise dude in the K. Rool thread said, "it's a marathon, not a sprint." If they see tons of Geno votes flooding in at once (especially if they use the exact same formatting/gender), they'll know it came from the same person but from different devices. I'd highly recommend spacing out votes over a period of minutes or hours, or days even. 3~5 votes this day, 3~5 votes the next, etc. Maybe be male four times, female on one of those :p Type professionally on one of them, type without periods on the next and keeping a continuous sentence and using 'and' alot and it makes a huge run-on sentence and it throws them off.

Sounds a little scummy trying to cheat the system a bit... but, imo, the less votes Geno has from a person a day, the more he will legitimately collect over time.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Careful - as a wise dude in the K. Rool thread said, "it's a marathon, not a sprint." If they see tons of Geno votes flooding in at once (especially if they use the exact same formatting/gender), they'll know it came from the same person but from different devices. I'd highly recommend spacing out votes over a period of minutes or hours, or days even. 3~5 votes this day, 3~5 votes the next, etc. Maybe be male four times, female on one of those :p Type professionally on one of them, type without periods on the next and keeping a continuous sentence and using 'and' alot and it makes a huge run-on sentence and it throws them off.

Sounds a little scummy trying to cheat the system a bit... but, imo, the less votes Geno has from a person a day, the more he will legitimately collect over time.
I really don't feel comfortable with people openly gaming the system like this. Not only is it dishonest, it could cause problems for us.

Are multiple votes allowed from the same IP? Did Nintendo come out and say so? Is there a limit?

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

to be honest I only voted like 20 times 10 as a guy 10 as a girl and I do feel bad that I did this but I guess I just want Geno to come back... he was my childhood

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Nintendo said one per person, please.

Surely they anticipated westerners spamming votes, it's probably 1 per IP (or device?). Still, I'll vote every couple of days or so. I'm not shooting up a hundred votes in a day lol I think there are enough of us to at least put Geno on their radar, and that should be enough for him to be considered. 4Chan voting for Shrek and stuff will probably be ignored.

Last edited:

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
Hopefully this will be our big chance to finally get him in. I'd probably have a heart attack if I saw a Geno trailer in a Nintendo Direct or something.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Email sent. We'll just have to wait for now. For now let's go spam Square's Twitter accounts! :D

(Don't actually spam them, ask nicely)
yes lets spam. I'm really hoping we can pull this off because this chance might not pop up again. if geno gets in it means that he could be relevant in the gaming industry again

Neosquid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Slowest_Of_Bros
So, let's just say Square/Nintendo says something along the lines of "F that noise, vote someone else/ Nah bro, no Square characters for Smash.." what do we do from there? Not to be controversial, I just don't know how I would handle it [as far as my concern for this poll goes].

EDIT: I'm really crappy with PC stuff...can someone tell me how to put pics in my sig that I saved to my files?

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
So, let's just say Square/Nintendo says something along the lines of "F that noise, vote someone else/ Nah bro, no Square characters for Smash.." what do we do from there? Not to be controversial, I just don't know how I would handle it [as far as my concern for this poll goes].
Personally I would still support Geno and I would still hang around the Geno threads and stuff, not out of some delusion that Geno would ever be included but simply because it's an expression of my personal preference. That, and I've come to like the community and all of this activism stuff. It's fun. Even if something like that did happen, that doesn't mean we have to give up and stop hanging out with each other. Just do it for the sake of it.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

EDIT: I'm really crappy with PC stuff...can someone tell me how to put pics in my sig that I saved to my files?
If that happens our only hope will be alphadream using Geno and mallow in their next game so I am going to wait

Steelia

Smash Champion

I'll always love Geno, but I'd be majorly disappointed that he's being held back so much by Nintendo. It'd be like stuffing him in a closet and expecting us to forget he's in there.

As for pics, you'll need to upload them to another site (preferably making an account on Imgur or Photobucket), then put them in IMAGE tags using a direct link. Ex:

Code:
[img]IMGUR/PHOTOBUCKET direct link goes here[/img]

[img]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll299/six_nomads/TOP3DLC%20copy_zpsd1y0nn0a.png[/img]

Last edited:

Sinn

Smash Lord
Had another thought. It seems to me that it would have a much greater impact if we were able to
Personally I would still support Geno and I would still hang around the Geno threads and stuff, not out of some delusion that Geno would ever be included but simply because it's an expression of my personal preference. That, and I've come to like the community and all of this activism stuff. It's fun. Even if something like that did happen, that doesn't mean we have to give up and stop hanging out with each other. Just do it for the sake of it.
Yeah, let's not forget that companies can change their minds over time. I remember once upon a time Nintendo made an official statement along the lines of, "We have no intention to produce a color Game Boy." Things change. Demand drives production. If Geno fans are loud enough, something will happen eventually.

That or we wait a few decades until the copyright on him is expired and make a game ourselves >.> <.<

Shocksoldier

Smash Rookie
Hoooold on. I'm probably going to sound ignorant in saying this, but everyone does know that Geno is currently owned by Alphadream, not Square Enix, correct? Alphadream is a 2nd party subsidiary of Nintendo, and this means he could full well be added in Smash without Square even knowing. Yes, he used to be owned by Square-Enix, but the m and l devs thought they would use Geno and mallow for a dream segment in dream team, so they purchased the rights from square no problem. What I'm seeing here is making me think this isn't common knowledge... heck, alphadream even talked about bringing the old fan fave characters back

Sinn

Smash Lord
Hoooold on. I'm probably going to sound ignorant in saying this, but everyone does know that Geno is currently owned by Alphadream, not Square Enix, correct? Alphadream is a 2nd party subsidiary of Nintendo, and this means he could full well be added in Smash without Square even knowing. Yes, he used to be owned by Square-Enix, but the m and l devs thought they would use Geno and mallow for a dream segment in dream team, so they purchased the rights from square no problem. What I'm seeing here is making me think this isn't common knowledge... heck, alphadream even talked about bringing the old fan fave characters back
I think you're the second person to mention this since yesterday, but there still seems to be some debate on the matter. Someone said AlphaDream owns him, then someone else said, no, Square-Enix owns him and it's only because AlphaDream has past employee connections with Square-Enix that they were able to get him into a game in the first place. Considering that some time has passed since the game came out, I suppose it's possible that both statements are true and that AlphaDream acquired Geno after Square-Enix let them use him...but I don't really know, nor do I have definitive sources. We're still trying to get in touch with both companies in regards to the issue, so if we can get either of them to answer definitively, we'll be in a better position to act.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's going to be interesting when more Smash Ballot animations come out. Kudos to Terminal Montage for jumping on that like a fat kid on a pizza bagel but I suspect that people are going to really start bringing their A game within the next month. This has quickly snowballed into a huge thing for gamers around the world to the point where major developers are even taking note of it. I think animations will play a big role in the upcoming voting trends and be the big attention grabbers. Animation takes time and effort I can see people pouring themselves into these projects. 100k+ viewed Smash Ballot animations will probably be fairly common by mid summer this year .

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't buy from the eshop during wii days

So i want it to come on the wii u

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
It's going to be interesting when more Smash Ballot animations come out. Kudos to Terminal Montage for jumping on that like a fat kid on a pizza bagel but I suspect that people are going to really start bringing their A game within the next month. This has quickly snowballed into a huge thing for gamers around the world to the point where major developers are even taking note of it. I think animations will play a big role in the upcoming voting trends and be the big attention grabbers. Animation takes time and effort I can see people pouring themselves into these projects. 100k+ viewed Smash Ballot animations will probably be fairly common by mid summer this year .
here is a geno animation directly messaging sakurai to put him in smash. ->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7qy2XwUDIo&list=PLhNJyLXnhAji4WxpBBDh6MzuJTxOdKQAM&index=52
here is another one where geno sees the super smash bros ballot. -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj4...qy2XwUDIo&annotation_id=annotation_3406393153

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I think you're the second person to mention this since yesterday, but there still seems to be some debate on the matter. Someone said AlphaDream owns him, then someone else said, no, Square-Enix owns him and it's only because AlphaDream has past employee connections with Square-Enix that they were able to get him into a game in the first place. Considering that some time has passed since the game came out, I suppose it's possible that both statements are true and that AlphaDream acquired Geno after Square-Enix let them use him...but I don't really know, nor do I have definitive sources. We're still trying to get in touch with both companies in regards to the issue, so if we can get either of them to answer definitively, we'll be in a better position to act.
https://twitter.com/amigos3ds/status/367666571755274240 & http://www.thegamingpixelshow.com/alphadream-producer-wonders-geno-mallow-future-game/ Check this out! http://linkis.com/change.org/Petition_Update_Alph.html & http://kotaku.com/dont-count-on-a-new-super-mario-rpg-any-time-soon-989543461 & https://twitter.com/jasonschreier & http://www.giantbomb.com/alphadream-corporation-ltd/3010-4049/characters/ & http://www.alphadream.co.jp/

Last edited:

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Back to show my support for Geno. Here's hoping we have enough votes for Sakurai to make this a reality. Also it'd be sick if artsy omni (the guy who made the Rayman leak and also did a brawl Geno back in the day) and terminalmontage did some more sick Geno work to rally the troops. Good luck to our little puppet star warrior!

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
<3 I had to make something quick!

You're right. When I get time I want to do another Geno animation, something actually entertaining and pretty. I need to think of something though hmmm.. Like maybe a cartoon showcasing his potential moveset, or a fight scene or something.

Last edited:

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
<3

You're right. When I get time I want to do another Geno animation, something actually entertaining and pretty. I need to think of something though hmmm..
You could make up your own smash character trailer as if he was already confirmed for dlc. Like having the flaming smash cross and slightly misleading footage before the actual reveal of Geno. Then just show off his amazing potential as a smash character. Oh that would be badass... I have a super sick idea now that I think about it! Imagine a camera panning over several smash fighter trophies and then it finally stops on one shadowy figure. Then just like in smrpg the star enters the the trophy to reveal that's its Geno! That would be neat-o.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Back to show my support for Geno. Here's hoping we have enough votes for Sakurai to make this a reality. Also it'd be sick if artsy omni (the guy who made the Rayman leak and also did a brawl Geno back in the day) and terminalmontage did some more sick Geno work to rally the troops. Good luck to our little puppet star warrior!
Well he is a big Geno Fan and I even asked him to draw Geno lol

Geno Boost

Smash Master
You could make up your own smash character trailer as if he was already confirmed for dlc. Like having the flaming smash cross and slightly misleading footage before the actual reveal of Geno. Then just show off his amazing potential as a smash character. Oh that would be badass... I have a super sick idea now that I think about it! Imagine a camera panning over several smash fighter trophies and then it finally stops on one shadowy figure. Then just like in smrpg the star enters the the trophy to reveal that's its Geno! That would be neat-o.
this is the only 1 fanmade Geno trailer that i have seen http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24456391?ref=search_tag_video
it got 236,740 views in japan then someone start to make leak about this but its fake

but if you want to see this fanmade trailer in HD click at the link and create account there to watch it

Last edited:
Top Bottom