• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Sinn

Smash Lord
We don't have to contact them only through Twitter; I'm sure there's a Square Facebook page somewhere we can inundate with messages too. I leave the search for other Square social media pages to better folks.

Hey PsychoIncarnate, if this becomes a thing would you be willing to put a short message in the OP with Square's social media stuff telling everyone to beg Square to endorse putting one of their characters in Smash?
Square-Enix does have a FB page, but I'm not sure how one would contact them through it (unlike people there doesn't appear to be a way to send messages directly TO it). Apart from commenting on an existing post on their page, in which case I feel like a bunch of us commenting on something unrelated might be poor tact.

Sinn

Smash Lord
We can just use google translate
Eh, I dunno if I would suggest that. Automatic translators online can be...sketchy to say the least. Take this simple sentence courtesy of http://ackuna.com/badtranslator:

Original text:

"Please allow Nintendo to use your characters in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS."

...33 translations later, Yandex gives us:

"No matter if you want to use Nintendo's super smash brothers, in life, in 3ds."

In other words, in order to most clearly get our points across, it would be nice if someone who knew how to speak/write the language properly could help out.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Will square Enix helps us for voting for Geno? because Microsoft and ubisoft and (the company that owns shovel knight) are helping rayman and banjo-kazooie and shovel knight to get voted I think we need square Enix to help us but I am not sure if they are going to say "vote for a [final fantasy character]" instead of saying "vote for Geno"

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Not going to lie, Geno's still my favorite video game character of all time but if Banjo and Kazooie made it in, I would **** bricks, make a house out of them, and happily live there for a year. In other news, Reddit's doing an ongoing poll on who all people have voted for so far and Geno's actually in the top 20 right now.

Warning: Massive Picture inside:
Why alph is in the voting list? he is already confirmed

Sinn

Smash Lord
Will square Enix helps us for voting for Geno? because Microsoft and ubisoft and (the company that owns shovel knight) are helping rayman and banjo-kazooie and shovel knight to get voted I think we need square Enix to help us but I am not sure if they are going to say "vote for a [final fantasy character]" instead of saying "vote for Geno"
I suppose that all depends on the amount of fans who want Geno vs the ones who want anyone else. As was mentioned, Geno is the only Square-Enix character really being talked about around here, so...we MIGHT be the loudest voice that they would be concerned with...then again, I'm not sure.

Neosquid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Slowest_Of_Bros
Guys square enix doesn't own Geno and Mallow. a studio named Alpha dream owns them and they are the people who worked the mario and luigi dream team game. http://nintendoeverything.com/alpha...no-and-mallow-could-be-used-in-a-future-game/
HOLY S***! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!
GUYS, WE IN THERE. WE.IN.THERE.

Let's start asking them. Shantae officially has the full support of Wayforward.
EDIT: Also, we need to start steering the ship on course....away from Square Enix.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/13/where-mario-luigi-dream-team-and-super-mario-rpg-collide

DOUBLE EDIT:
Sakurai Stated...as a reason to include a character, said character must have future potential use in a game and fan demand... After reading both articles...there is definite interest in reviving him! AlphaDream's Maekawa co-directed Super Mario RPG, and now works at Alphadream with a desire to use Geno and Mallow in future games. Guys, this is it!

GOOD LORD, A TRIPLE EDIT?!:
Oh! And one of the biggest social factors going against us was Geno's ownership by Square! That's no longer an issue! We need to clear this misconception so that people who may want to Vote Geno now haven't a reason not to!

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
HOLY S***! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!
GUYS, WE IN THERE. WE.IN.THERE.

Let's start asking them. Shantae officially has the full support of Wayforward.
EDIT: Also, we need to start steering the ship on course....away from Square Enix.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/13/where-mario-luigi-dream-team-and-super-mario-rpg-collide

DOUBLE EDIT:
Sakurai Stated...as a reason to include a character, said character must have future potential use in a game and fan demand... After reading both articles...there is definite interest in reviving him! AlphaDream's Maekawa co-directed Super Mario RPG, and now works at Alphadream with a desire to use Geno and Mallow in future games. Guys, this is it!

GOOD LORD, A TRIPLE EDIT?!:
Oh! And one of the biggest social factors going against us was Geno's ownership by Square! That's no longer an issue! We need to clear this misconception so that people who may want to Vote Geno now haven't a reason not to!
remember when terminalmontage posted this 3 months before SSB4 3DS was released. every one here was confused and thought that Square enix doesnt remember who is Geno but we all see how square enix said "contact to nintendo" so that might mean Geno isnt owned by them anymore and they has nothing to do with SMRPG

Neosquid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Slowest_Of_Bros
remember when terminalmontage posted this 3 months before SSB4 3DS was released. every one here was confused and thought that Square enix doesnt remember who is Geno but we all see how square enix said "contact to nintendo" so that might mean Geno isnt owned by them anymore and they has nothing to do with SMRPG
It all makes sense...this whole time we've been operating under false assumptions. Who knows how far we would have gotten had we been barking up the right trees?!

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Reporting for duty !
So now that we almost have everything we need to bring Geno back, we need to get our buisness suit and re-vote him. And great news to hear that Square doesn't own him anymore (or the SMRPG cast) ! We know who to target this time around eve

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
i agree
welcome to smashboards NebulaWords:)
Thanks ! :)
It's just a shame that since Smash started, Geno have been in the top list but they never let him make the cut (he almost did in Brawl). I can see that Geno is an amazing character and I'm very picky when it comes to have a favorite character and Geno is in the list.

Let's have our wish granted friends !

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Alpha Dream does not own Geno and Mallow.
In that interview it does not state that at all.
It states they would like to bring the characters back, which is no different than Sakurai stating he wants to bring Sonic back.

The USA copy right and trade mark database still has the intellectual property "Geno" as being owned by Square Enix.

Also the last games to feature Geno all credit Square Enix.

Neosquid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Slowest_Of_Bros
Alpha Dream does not own Geno and Mallow.
In that interview it does not state that at all.
It states they would like to bring the characters back, which is no different than Sakurai stating he wants to bring Sonic back.

The USA copy right and trade mark database still has the intellectual property "Geno" as being owned by Square Enix.

Also the last games to feature Geno all credit Square Enix.
Source, for sake of having the data?
As to the Mario and Luigi Superstar saga thing, that game was from 12 years ago, would that still hold true?

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Source, for sake of having the data?
As to the Mario and Luigi Superstar saga thing, that game was from 12 years ago, would that still hold true?
I was the one who originally found that article and it's true. Alphadream is made up of former Square employees, many of whom worked on Super Mario RPG (one of them actually created Geno). The reason they got Geno as a cameo in M&L:SS is because they know the guys at Square (they were all former coworkers) and pulled strings to score the rights to do so. Alphadream does not in fact own the rights to Geno, Mallow, or anything else from SMRPG; Square still does, therefore it is Square whose endorsement we have to get.

I remember looking into this a few years ago and the guys from Alphadream are impossible for regular users to contact anyway. Their website is a page is made up of an image with Japanese writing on it with no contact information provided at all. :( It would be so nice if we could contact Alphadream too and see if they wouldn't be willing to speak up and offer support, but at this time that unfortunately doesn't seem possible, unless someone can find something I missed.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Yet, Jeremey got this e-mail 3 months before SBB3DS came out. So they may have hinted they don't anymore.

Also :

When we are ready eve

(Bonus :

Whenever Geno makes it or not, my headcannons makes these two rivals [Geno being a big troll and Megman not liking him for reasons] )

Sinn

Smash Lord
We may not be able to contact AlphaDream directly, but don't we have a way of contacting this Jose Otero fellow at IGN who interviewed them and seeing if they know a way we can get in contact with them? We could explain something like,

"We represent fans of Geno who are interested in seeing him added as a DLC character in Smash Bros. Several other companies have already voiced their support for their characters to be added if chosen in the Fighter Ballot (e.g. Banjo-Kazooie, Shovel Knight, Rayman, Shantae). We would like to contact Square-Enix and AlphaDream and ask them if they are willing to do the same for Geno, but we're not sure how to get in contact with AlphaDream. Would you or someone else at IGN be able to help us do this in any way?

- SmashBoards Geno Supporters"

Or something like that?

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
We may not be able to contact AlphaDream directly, but don't we have a way of contacting this Jose Otero fellow at IGN who interviewed them and seeing if they know a way we can get in contact with them? We could explain something like,

"We represent fans of Geno who are interested in seeing him added as a DLC character in Smash Bros. Several other companies have already voiced their support for their characters to be added if chosen in the Fighter Ballot (e.g. Banjo-Kazooie, Shovel Knight, Rayman, Shantae). We would like to contact Square-Enix and AlphaDream and ask them if they are willing to do the same for Geno, but we're not sure how to get in contact with AlphaDream. Would you or someone else at IGN be able to help us do this in any way?

- SmashBoards Geno Supporters"

Or something like that?
That would be perfect. And this is the perfect way to ask. :D

Sinn

Smash Lord
It's a bit too long for a tweet, though, which is the only contact information I've found so far that goes directly to him (I've heard of some "Twitlonger" thing, but I dunno what it is or does or whatnot). Does anyone with Twitter wanna condense it and send something similar out? He's @jose_otero

A very watered down 140 character friendly version of what I wrote above: "Some devs have endorsed their IPs to be in Smash as DLC. Can you help us reach Square-Enix/AlphaDream and ask for their support for Geno?"

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
It's a bit too long for a tweet, though, which is the only contact information I've found so far that goes directly to him (I've heard of some "Twitlonger" thing, but I dunno what it is or does or whatnot). Does anyone with Twitter wanna condense it and send something similar out? He's @jose_otero

A very watered down 140 character friendly version of what I wrote above: "Some devs have endorsed their IPs to be in Smash as DLC. Can you help us reach Square-Enix/AlphaDream and ask for their support for Geno?"
I may help ! I have a twitter, I'll copy paste what you said and let's hope for the best :)

Edit : Well, with the @jose_otero, the thing doesn't fit. (9 characters too long >< )

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

https://twitter.com/jose_otero

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace

His Twitter page gives his email address; it'd be easier and more appropriate to email him about this sort of thing. I can do it; I don't have anything better to do right now.

Sinn

Smash Lord
His Twitter page gives his email address; it'd be easier and more appropriate to email him about this sort of thing. I can do it; I don't have anything better to do right now.
Oh snap, I didn't notice either. This is why we have a group, to cover obvious deficiencies that each other has =V But thanks, you absolutely rock.

As a side note, I kinda find you to be a fitting rep since you were leading the push for Geno on social media before the 3DS launch last year. Just my opinion~

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Email sent. We'll just have to wait for now. For now let's go spam Square's Twitter accounts! :D

(Don't actually spam them, ask nicely)

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
And now we sit... And spam discuss with Square over the matter ;p
I have no idea if this guy from IGN will respond at all, just FYI, so let's all refrain from counting our chickens before they hatch.

Also I was given info on the Black Mage thread; it was revived by AustarusIV and I tried to send him a message to see about getting the Black Mage fans in on the scheme but I keep getting errors. Would anyone here who is particularly articulate and good with that sort of thing be so kind as to PM him or something, asking him if he and the other Black Mage fans would like to work together on this?

Also I don't see hide nor hair of any Cloud, Crono, or Sora fans here anymore. That's honestly a shame. :(

Sinn

Smash Lord
How's this for a rough draft?

"With the advent of the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot, a number of companies have voiced support for allowing their characters into the game. We'd like to propose a joint effort to get a similar response from Square-Enix for their characters. Initially we wanted to join forces with supporters of Crono, Cloud, Sora, etc, but their threads seem to be MIA/DOA. As one of the few Square-Enix IP support threads remaining, we Geno supporters would like your group to join us in contacting Square-Enix through e-mail and social media to request their endorsement of their characters in Smash Bros."

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea if this guy from IGN will respond at all, just FYI, so let's all refrain from counting our chickens before they hatch.

Also I was given info on the Black Mage thread; it was revived by AustarusIV and I tried to send him a message to see about getting the Black Mage fans in on the scheme but I keep getting errors. Would anyone here who is particularly articulate and good with that sort of thing be so kind as to PM him or something, asking him if he and the other Black Mage fans would like to work together on this?

Also I don't see hide nor hair of any Cloud, Crono, or Sora fans here anymore. That's honestly a shame. :(
We can still hope. Who knows, maybe he will. ^^"

And yes, it's a shame that hopes have died out like that :(

And this seems to be a good rough draft ! You're really good at this Sinn
:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom