• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, I blanked out his name. He seems to be offline and I can't get ahold of him, but he's told me numerous time he doesn't mind me sharing his info, so long as I don't give his name out. This is what my source sent me today (also, don't judge Discord light theme :( also, I was the Sabi person he was tagging, haha)
View attachment 180462
>Wave 2 is a possibility with enough support
YES! I KNEW IT!

345.png

That being said, it's a good thing the Isaac fans already shifted their focus towards bringing back GS.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Well other than Isaac being doomed it says what most already know, Assist trophies won't be DLC and as of now there is no Wave 2 DLC.

Common sense.

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
Basically because "Chrono" is a dead franchise that Square Enix only likes to shill out for low quality Steam and cell phone ROMs. (something I resent them for) There's other things too but, just for the sake of letting things settle down, I'll pull back for a few days before I go back into my long winded arguments.
Fair enough man, I'm not here to argue, was just curious. I think for me, I would agree, but there's rumors of a new Chrono Trigger game isn't there? I feel I heard that. I don't know. To be honest, both are unlikely, but if we did get another Square character, I don't see it being Dragon Quest, or Sora, or anything recent, so Crono is the next best thing next to Geno you know? And Geno is a Spirit, which I know means nothing as of yet, but still. 50/50. Not that I think Crono is happening you know?

Like promotional makes sense for first party stuff, but for third party? I don't know. Unless Square tied their hands with Cloud, it doesn't make sense. It would if it was base, as that comes with the game, but to shill extra cash for a third party that won't sell with hardcore who pay extra or casuals who don't and won't know who it is outside of one region? I'd say the same thing for Ridley as DLC, and he's first party. It's all just pretty confusing, but I know it's been beaten to death and back

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Well, I blanked out his name. He seems to be offline and I can't get ahold of him, but he's told me numerous time he doesn't mind me sharing his info, so long as I don't give his name out. This is what my source sent me today (also, don't judge Discord light theme :( also, I was the Sabi person he was tagging, haha)
View attachment 180462
"small" group of GS fans?

Bruh, Nintendo, what the hell were you smoking? If they're surprised with the amount of backlash, then it's clear Isaac is getting a push for the next game as long as we keep pushing for them to do so

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Xenother is now saying Geno isn't happening, despite admitting himself he heard Geno from 4 different sources who claim they think he was a red herring, and also my source hearing him.

I genuinely think some of these 'leakers' can't reason at all.
I've thought on this some and, I think to people outside the Smash community, Geno would be a really weird choice. If I was totally detached from forums and didn't put everything under a microscope like I do, I'd probably reason that Sephiroth was the most rational, to be totally frank. It's like seeing "tomato" on a list of fruit. "WTF is this on here? That's clearly a red herring."

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
View attachment 180462
Thanks for giving us some more info!

Man, so Isaac was gonna be shafted off as an Assist Trophy from the start and the only way he could be a fighter is if GS got a new game? Tough luck to the Isaac bros. :( Hopefully a Golden Sun 4 may someday happen so he can possibly come in a possible Smash 6. Again though, that's sad to hear.

And nothing new on Geno? Idk why, I expected that lol. XD Hopefully we get some sort of news soon enough though!

cybersai

Smash Ace
If Mii costumes are meant to de-confirm, is it bad news if Geno and other third party costumes are sold as paid DLC separately in the coming months?

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
"small" group of GS fans?

Bruh, Nintendo, what the hell were you smoking? If they're surprised with the amount of backlash, then it's clear Isaac is getting a push for the next game as long as we keep pushing for them to do so
Nintendo hasn't been thinking of ATs as a bad thing. TBH, in smash 4 the backlash to ATs was much smaller. Isaac was a cut AT, so they saw people were worried about his AT being cut, and brought it back. Truly, the best thing to do is push the narrative that AT is just a graveyard and that it upsets people. That, and they only see massive demand most of the time. While Isaac demand is huge, it didn't reach them nearly as well as the Ridley and K Rool demands. Isaac fans just need to be more vocal AT Nintendo, and need to be more vocal for a NEW GAME.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Mii costumes are meant to de-confirm, is it bad news if Geno and other third party costumes are sold as paid DLC separately in the coming months?
Possibly, at least for Wave 1

We could always hope for a wave 2

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
It would definitely be bad news for any character who receives a mii costume as DLC. That'd be a deconfirmation for wave 1 at the very least. At that point, all people could do is push hard for a wave 2.

RIP Dixie and black knight, for now.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, the Isaac thread seems to not know about this as of yet. OR at least, they are not talking about anything relating to it yet.

cybersai

Smash Ace
It would definitely be bad news for any character who receives a mii costume as DLC. That'd be a deconfirmation for wave 1 at the very least. At that point, all people could do is push hard for a wave 2.

Even though Dixie only has a mii hat, and not a body?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Possibly, at least for Wave 1

We could always hope for a wave 2

Just hope they don't put Dante in here, he'd be as hard to balance as Bayonetta.

Even though Dixie only has a mii hat, and not a body?
To be fair, it's a highly-detailed and nice-looking hat.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Gum-Gum Smash Gum-Gum Smash To answer your question from earlier, Erdrick is seen as the front runner competitor because a Dragon Quest character is the narrative that most insiders are pushing. Xenother is one of the main ones. Hitagi was another but seemingly took back everything he said aside from Steve. Erdrick is Dragon Quest's equivalent of Marth, he's not the star of every game but he's mentioned in most and the first three games revolve around him or at least the legend of him (you play as him in III).

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Came here to answer a question about OST and which one I would want only to learn that Isaac was never considered...

What a rollercoaster of emotion.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Gum-Gum Smash Gum-Gum Smash To answer your question from earlier, Erdrick is seen as the front runner competitor because a Dragon Quest character is the narrative that most insiders are pushing. Xenother is one of the main ones. Hitagi was another but seemingly took back everything he said aside from Steve. Erdrick is Dragon Quest's equivalent of Marth, he's not the star of every game but he's mentioned in most and the first three games revolve around him or at least the legend of him (you play as him in III).
I have a bit of juicy info for why Hitagi said their info was also "red herrings", I think I sent it to you... Just not sure if I should make it public yet. But they wre kinda rude to me so maybe I should. If not, I'll just keep it in DMs. I DO believe I sent it to you, however.

Last edited:

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
Oh trust me I know full well who Erdrick is lol. Thanks though. I know about the insiders, but like I said in my last post, it logically just doesn't make sense. But maybe I shouldn't apply logic here till we see who it is

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure... Perhaps Dixie still has a chance since she only has a hat. Time will tell.
Agreed. I'm really curious to see if some combination of Geno, Lloyd, Heihachi, or Monster Hunter are revealed as DLC fighters. With the number of upgraded costumes from Smash 4, it feels like Mii Costumes at least show which characters are being considered or just missed the cut. The Rex costume really exemplifies this I think.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
If that's true, then this portends disappointment for our blue caped boi

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
At least the band-aid for Takamaru was ripped off early. I've been a supporter of him since Brawl and the news for Smash 4 stung less when they finally released his game outside of Japan. I had kind of hoped that his appearance in Nintendo Land would have helped but, like Isaac, he's stuck in dead franchise Hell along with Lip and *insert obscure character you came to know about because of the Smash community that hasn't had a game in at least 10 years here*

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Thankfully SMRPG is actually listed under the same franchise as the Mario & Luigi titles (even getting a cameo in Superstar Saga), and has his history directly tied to Mario... So he at least has that, lol. Unfortunately, GS really need to get revived in comparison.

Who's Xenother?

Is he a real insider?
Xenother is a leaker who helped me get Verge DMs. Additionally, he has ties with Hitagi (and he's how I got that juicy bit on Hitagi that I won't quite say just yet..). Well, it wasn't Xenother himself, but Xenother did contact Hitagi about my info and they conversed so I know Xenother has legit ties with Hitagi and Verge. However, I think Xenother is pretty ignorant and arrogant. He thinks hearing a name slightly more than other names means the character is 90% likely. He genuinely heard Geno from 4 sources, but since each of them said they think he's a red herring, he thinks Geno isn't happening. That's his "logic".

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At least the band-aid for Takamaru was ripped off early. I've been a supporter of him since Brawl and the news for Smash 4 stung less when they finally released his game outside of Japan. I had kind of hoped that his appearance in Nintendo Land would have helped but, like Isaac, he's stuck in dead franchise Hell along with Lip and *insert obscure character you came to know about because of the Smash community that hasn't had a game in at least 10 years here*
Well, I can take solace in the fact that people will actually pay attention to Wario's secondary cast now that Ashley's been passed over twice.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think it's optimistic because, think about it, if Nintendo thought Mii costume to assist trophy upgrades were enough to make fans happy, wouldn't they have just done that with Geno in the base game ala Zero, Knuckles, Black Knight, etc? After all, we now know that they had the rights for him in the base game.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Thankfully SMRPG is actually listed under the same franchise as the Mario & Luigi titles (even getting a cameo in Superstar Saga), and has his history directly tied to Mario... So he at least has that, lol. Unfortunately, GS really need to get revived in comparison.
It's entirely possible that they view mario RPG as it's own dead series. all we really have to go on to the contrary is that and sakurai's geno quote. Let us hope he still holds the same opinion.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Xenother is a leaker who helped me get Verge DMs. Additionally, he has ties with Hitagi (and he's how I got that juicy bit on Hitagi that I won't quite say just yet..). Well, it wasn't Xenother himself, but Xenother did contact Hitagi about my info and they conversed so I know Xenother has legit ties with Hitagi and Verge. However, I think Xenother is pretty ignorant and arrogant. He thinks hearing a name slightly more than other names means the character is 90% likely. He genuinely heard Geno from 4 sources, but since each of them said they think he's a red herring, he thinks Geno isn't happening. That's his "logic".
You know, and this may seem off topic, but your icon really personifies you in a way I can't quite place into words. Does anyone else get that feeling?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
To be fair on that last part, while I believe Xenother is absolutely indeed arrogant, and wonder why most leakers are assholes , and don't yet believe his claims.
It IS logical, when you get information from 4 people that say "that character is probably a red herring" to think it's not happening.
It is logical, but there a difference between
"Not likely from what I heard" which leave possibilities of it happening nonetheless
and the way he say
"Lmao he's not happening"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom