• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So how’s it been going in here dudes? Been a while.

Edit: Jesus Christ y’all are making me depressed after just reading just a little bit of the past few pages. I feel like a support thread should uh, well, support the character.

I did have a theory on Brave that I might post this week but uh... It seems like it’s kinda pointless to do anything here when even if Sakurai himself said gang Geno was in y’all would still not believe.

Guess I’m bouncing again.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Whoo, so I had a whole weekend havin' a sleepover with my bestie, and... yeah, I missed quite a bit. Geno's not out yet, but his chances are significantly smaller.

That said, though, he hasn't been on my mind at all. Sakurai has been. I'm honestly appalled at how much this man goes through, and I hope that if Nintendo continues to push their pro-DLC business model, they allow Sakurai as much leeway to take it easy as possible. Those people are going to work him into an early grave at this rate. :\
Well honestly a lot of that is on him. No one force him to work with an IV and no once force him to create useless features like 59 Assist Trophies and Mii Mii Costumes. Those where his decision. If he decided to not have 59 Assist and instead just about 30 then that would've saved them a couple of months and have work delegated to other areas that would've made the development more smooth. I like the guy, but a lot of the times he's putting himself through Hell.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Edit: Jesus Christ y’all are making me depressed after just reading just a little bit of the past few pages. I feel like a support thread should uh, well, support the character.
Yeah, it's, uh, been a bit rough. Somehow, I'm fine with it all, though? I think I've been worrying about Sakurai more than Geno, haha. I'm gonna just focus on campaigning for Geno to come back in general, which I'm beginning to think might be more likely than Smash. Square might not be willing to let Sakurai make him playable, but it's clear that they don't mind using him (spirit, Mii costume). It's not over, imo. It's just taking me some rethinking.

Well honestly a lot of that is on him. No one force him to work with an IV and no once force him to create useless features like 59 Assist Trophies and Mii Mii Costumes. Those where his decision. If he decided to not have 59 Assist and instead just about 30 then that would've saved them a couple of months and have work delegated to other areas that would've made the development more smooth. I like the guy, but a lot of the times he's putting himself through Hell.
I'd call that less him and more the byproduct of a hellish workforce culture. Japan's ridiculous when it comes to that. He's kind of an unfortunate victim of the environment he's been presented. He could take more of a back seat, yeah, but the fact that Ultimate's development time was so short and spirits had to be implemented instead of trophies... concerns me about the potential time limits Nintendo pushed on him. He might not have felt like he had a choice.

D

Deleted member

So, in terms of my most wants, Geno probably isn't happening, Shantae definitely isn't happening, and Crash is the only one who has a good shot at making it.

Radical, am I right?

D

Deleted member

I don't think it's that bad for Geno, but, while I've said this a lot, we always manage to circle back to his chances.

It's getting pretty annoying at this point, ngl. Let's talk about something else, like just talking about things in SMRPG or even the other Mario RPGs.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I don’t know how you guys can have so little hope when we still don’t know 4/5ths of the DLC lineup. Leaks don’t count.

I mean I’m more hopeful for Ninten now more than ever so seeing this pessimism just really saddens me.

link2702

Smash Champion
Idc what happens I’ll still be here supporting the blue star warrior till I’m an old bag of bones.

Stop with the pessimism guys. E3 hasn’t even hit yet, the leakers lost their credibility a long time ago, and all the evidence in support of Geno’s chances are still there. He still has a decent shot, certainly better than Goku does ( come at me Goku fanboys ;) )

Seriously stop throwing the towel in so early.

At the very least then stop mentioning it. After all we haven’t had ANY NEW INFORMATION either for or against in months. The same points have been going in circles for months now. Seriously for the regulars here try and challenge yourselves to change the subjects a bit. I know I’ve been a broken record on this but really at this point we’re better off discussing smrpg in general, or the mario rpgs in general. Stop with the constant repeat of the same arguments for and against Geno’s chances.

D

Deleted member

I don't think it's that bad for Geno, but, while I've said this a lot, we always manage to circle back to his chances.

It's getting pretty annoying at this point, ngl. Let's talk about something else, like just talking about things in SMRPG or even the other Mario RPGs.
I'm still hoping for him, just not as much as I did a few months ago.

Crash, I have tons of hope for, though.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
What are everyone's favorite Mario RPGs beside SMRPG?
The original Paper Mario. TTYD is nice and all, but PM was the one I grew up with most. It was also my grandpa's favorite, so it's extra special to me because of that.

If y'all haven't seen Stryder7x glitch that game to hell and back, you should, by the by. It's golden.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

I did have a theory on Brave that I might post this week but uh... It seems like it’s kinda pointless to do anything here when even if Sakurai himself said gang Geno was in y’all would still not believe.

Guess I’m bouncing again.
****, no, don’t leave! This place has become a pit of anxiety and unrestrained neuroticism. We need all the positivity we can get.

Definitely the earlier paper mario games and superstar saga. I actually haven’t played a lot of the more recent M&L games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The original Paper Mario. TTYD is nice and all, but PM was the one I grew up with most. It was also my grandpa's favorite, so it's extra special to me because of that.

If y'all haven't seen Stryder7x glitch that game to hell and back, you should, by the by. It's golden.
Crashing Paper Mario crashes Paper Mario

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
TTYD and SPM are hard tied for my favorite Paper Mario game. I love TTYD's mechanics the most, but SPM had the best story by far. And I feel the entire "multiple worlds" thing allowed the devs to get more whacky with the different locations, which I always like in my RPGs.

For Mario & Luigi... I'd say Superstar Saga, with Bowser's Inside Story as a close second. SS has a lot for you to do and explore, especially considering it was Alphadream's first attempt at doing it. Not to mention Beanbean Kingdom was so strange compared to what I was used to see in Mario RPGs at the time. Familiar, but also really bizarre at times... boy, I still remember things like Yoshi Theater, Little Fungitown, learning new moves on a spa, of all places, and that "minigame" with cloth patterns.

Crashing Paper Mario crashes Paper Mario
Better yet: "Crashing Paper Mario for 200 years crashes Paper Mario".

EDIT: God, why'd you say that? Now I feel like binge watching his and Pannenkoek's videos again.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Long time no see Geno supporters, what's been going on?
It's been a bit rough, but we're hanging in there. Even if his chances for Ultimate look bleak, I'm still holding out hope and fighting for my boy to come back! :)

How you doing? also you're a fellow shadow supporter, godspeed, my dude

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
It's been a bit rough, but we're hanging in there. Even if his chances for Ultimate look bleak, I'm still holding out hope and fighting for my boy to come back! :)

How you doing? also you're a fellow shadow supporter, godspeed, my dude
Yeah his chances aren't that good but hey he could be in Ultimate as a mod or in Smash Flash 2. And yeah I was pretty upset when they waited until the last direct to reveal that Shadow was an assist trophy when he could have easily been a echo

What are you coding?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Our future
I'm so itching to get back to stuff on Starfall, probably tomorrow or Tuesday, now that my busy weekend has just come to a close. Gonna still be a bit busy tomorrow, but we'll see!

Yeah his chances aren't that good but hey he could be in Ultimate as a mod or in Smash Flash 2. And yeah I was pretty upset when they waited until the last direct to reveal that Shadow was an assist trophy when he could have easily been a echo
Oof, yeah, Shadow being AT'd at the very end crushed me. I was so sure that he was a lock. Eh, at least he'd be easy to mod in as a Sonic echo or even a semi-clone. (The latter is obviously the best option.) Hopefully the Switch modding scene gets a little better, because if a Geno mod ever happens, I'm grabbing it so fast.

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
I'm so itching to get back to stuff on Starfall, probably tomorrow or Tuesday, now that my busy weekend has just come to a close. Gonna still be a bit busy tomorrow, but we'll see!

Oof, yeah, Shadow being AT'd at the very end crushed me. I was so sure that he was a lock. Eh, at least he'd be easy to mod in as a Sonic echo or even a semi-clone. (The latter is obviously the best option.) Hopefully the Switch modding scene gets a little better, because if a Geno mod ever happens, I'm grabbing it so fast.
Yeah I just need a computer that can handle modding and I became distraught when I saw him as an assist trophy but I thought hey we still have Issac and then he was deconfirmed also so by the end of it I had a top 10 of characters I wanted and I only got 3rd

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Why do people think Geno has less of a chance now? Link to interviews, etc.
It's uncertainty. But I think a lot of it has to do with E3 being so close. More nerves of having official de-confirmation are inching closer.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
It's uncertainty. But I think a lot of it has to do with E3 being so close. More nerves of having official de-confirmation are inching closer.
OH, man this thread is always like this everytime I check-in. 80% of the thread is people walking in and acting like they know Geno isn't coming in but nothing to back it.

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
OH, man this thread is always like this everytime I check-in. 80% of the thread is people walking in and acting like they know Geno isn't coming in but nothing to back it.
It's probably because he was only in one game and the choices are made by Nintendo so they are probably only going to pick people that will boost their sales

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Dang, I haven't stepped in here for awhile.

Wish I could say I still had confidence for our boy, but ehhhh. I don't know at this point. Persona 5 has easily shot itself into my all time favorite RPGs so :ultjoker: has been scratching a lot of my character desire itches.

Will always be hoping for him, though.

It's probably because he was only in one game and the choices are made by Nintendo so they are probably only going to pick people that will boost their sales
Yes, because :ultjoker: clearly makes them more of a profit than picking from other Nintendo characters or others closer to the company.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Dang, I haven't stepped in here for awhile.

Wish I could say I still had confidence for our boy, but ehhhh. I don't know at this point. Persona 5 has easily shot itself into my all time favorite RPGs so :ultjoker: has been scratching a lot of my character desire itches.

Will always be hoping for him, though.
I'm with you on all of this, especially on Joker. I loved Persona 5, and I got so giddy when I finally got to play as my boy over the weekend for the first time. I've gone from being quite pleased to being ecstatic that he's in Smash. He won't usurp the Kremling King as my main, but... he'll definitely be a secondary.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Shouldn't you know if Geno would be in Smash since you are Geno?

Speaking of which where have you been all these years?
Square Enix has kept me locked in a basement for the past 23 years hence my lack of appearances. And because of that I don't know if they've licensed out my likeness to Nintendo for SSBU DLC :(

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Square Enix has kept me locked in a basement for the past 23 years hence my lack of appearances. And because of that I don't know if they've licensed out my likeness to Nintendo for SSBU DLC :(
I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this post.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Aw, geez, Geno. Do they even feed you? Surely they're willing to spare some Kerokero Cola and some star bits, maybe even some Mukumuku cookies?

D

Deleted member

Have you seen Mallow? Made any contact with him recently?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Whoo, so I had a whole weekend havin' a sleepover with my bestie, and... yeah, I missed quite a bit. Geno's not out yet, but his chances are significantly smaller.

That said, though, he hasn't been on my mind at all. Sakurai has been. I'm honestly appalled at how much this man goes through, and I hope that if Nintendo continues to push their pro-DLC business model, they allow Sakurai as much leeway to take it easy as possible. Those people are going to work him into an early grave at this rate. :\
I too feel bad for millionaires who willingly choose their work

AugustusB

Smash Champion
It has been a long time Geno Gang. I read the last couple of pages...Whoooo boy.

First thing is first *Out stretches arms* bring it in. These have been some grueling days eh?

I have transcended my Snake persona and have returned as my old Banjo avatar.

ahem...It is not over yet gang. There is still fight in us!

I feel like we are playing poker, even if our hand doesn't look good, we truly do not know the other's hand. Maybe bluffing? Maybe a Royal Flush?

Who knows, but we have to keep our poker face on until all the characters are revealed.

Also, I started with Paper Mario 64, but I love TTYD and I truly love Super Paper Mario sooo much more. I am a sucker for great story telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom