• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I just want Joker info and a character reveal, that's it. Not asking for the moon here.

Also, people are already going nuts from waiting, they won't last that far at this rate.
I'll be satisfied until e3 if we can get the next reveal in april. Tho i still think there'll be other stuff before then (e3 i mean).
And probably one character revealed at e3. I dont think they'd do 2. would be cool tho.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I just want Joker info and a character reveal, that's it. Not asking for the moon here.

Also, people are already going nuts from waiting, they won't last that far at this rate.
Watch in April they give us Joker gameplay and then nothing until E3. Not completely bad, but those not interested in Joker like myself would continue to go insane.

If there is a reveal in April, why would there be one at E3? Two month period of no announcements compared to the 3-4 month wait for DLC #2. Idk, I feel like it's too good to be true getting a character in April and E3, it's either one or the other and the latter makes more sense.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Also, they still need to talk about Update 3.0.0, which I doubt is just gonna be a bunch of balance checks and other minor adjustments, when what we saw of the preview was purposefully blurred-out.
Stage Builder, definitely. I also REALLY hope they added the old main menu and battlefield theme from the E3 demo in update 3.0.0... ugh, we need those two sooo bad. :/

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Well, in all of the boredom of Smash stuff and having finished Mario Odyssey, I'm watching a playthrough of Persona 5 because I don't know if I could feasibly play the whole thing... and uh.

My hype for Joker is only getting stronger now, and it's only making the wait for April harder. Aaaauuuughhh. What are you guys up to while waiting for probably Erdrick and hopefully some of our favorites (like our good old star boy)?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, in all of the boredom of Smash stuff and having finished Mario Odyssey, I'm watching a playthrough of Persona 5 because I don't know if I could feasibly play the whole thing... and uh.

My hype for Joker is only getting stronger now, and it's only making the wait for April harder. Aaaauuuughhh. What are you guys up to while waiting for probably Erdrick and hopefully some of our favorites (like our good old star boy)?
Besides the usual I've been on the forum quite a bit more in the last days. Might cool off on that tho to do other things :p
I guess anything interesting, or focusing on self-development as much as i can.

or just maybe something like this:

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Out of curiosity, where are you in the story? And hey, maybe you can stop by the Joker thread after you finish the playthrough. That has been where I have been spending a lot of my time on Smashboards as of late.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Out of curiosity, where are you in the story? And hey, maybe you can stop by the Joker thread after you finish the playthrough. That has been where I have been spending a lot of my time on Smashboards as of late.
Honestly, I only just started.

That opening scene already won me over. Listen, it is very easy for Atlus to impress me. :EvilBub:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

That opening scene already won me over. Listen, it is very easy for Atlus to impress me. :EvilBub:
The great part about watching a playthrough is that you can skip over as much as you want and still get the story and however much of the dialogue and battles as you want. And honestly i think you kinda need to for a 100 hour game XD Playing through it all is one thing, and can be fun, but watching a lot of it can get repetitive.

Well, the joker thread'll be there if ever become a fan :)

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Cool! I hope you enjoy it. I did and I experienced it through a playthrough as well(NicoB to be specific).

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Personally, I'm fixing up a few cosplays (Including Ninten) in preperation for an Anime Con I'm going to this weekend. Maybe I'll send pics. :p

Also schoolwork and writing up a new Ninten update for my friends in the Ninten thread.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

More or less trying to divert my attention away from here and do other things, like trudging through my game backlog and watch some stuff on YT. Speaking of which I did start The Silver Case not too long ago. Oh, and I got the second Lupin III Part 2 collection, so that's a fun time ahead.

Also, I don't know who's even coming anymore.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Recently bought a lot of 2018-and-older games (since games either don't get imported or are really expensive where I live, I have to buy them in bulk when I get to travel abroad), so I'm working through that pile. Recently replayed Grim Fandango and beat Captain Toad and I'm working through God of War now. Also marathoning the MCU before the Endgame (currently at Black Panther).

It's safe to say that the itch for a Direct is less strong now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Look what a certain someone posted on twitter

There was a problem fetching the tweet

zippyskipy

Smash Cadet
Your art is great! I'm really looking forward to Geno Ness. :3
This is awesome art.

And yes I'm looking forward to Geno Ness, Geno Ike, and Geno Lucas :D
Thank you, thank you! Ness should be coming REAL SOON. Like 2 weeks tops. >:D
Would say sooner but admittedly Captain Falcon is causing issues and I'm basically stalling for the sake of pacing lmao

Can we get uh, Geno dressed as Geno? if he's DLC that is.
Actually in a weird roundabout way this is basically the end goal of the project. Geno Geno is intended as the last-ish Geno. Depending on some stuff. If he's smack dab in the middle of all the DLC I'll probably also do anyone who comes after him.

I'm torn on whether he should be like an Ultra Geno or just Geno in an ill-fitting Geno suit BUT I'll worry about that once we get our boy back!! :mad088:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I have a hard time believing that we're be getting a general direct in April when we just had one in February, and when E3 is a couple of months after April. I'm guessing whatever exciting news Polar is alluding to is Smash related.

link2702

Smash Champion

Sorry to sound completely ignorant but...who is that? Judging by reactions I’m assuming someone important to the mother series? I’ve only ever played earthbound and got burnt out by the time i hit fourside.

If this is some sort of hint though for folks to get ready for an official mother 3 English release, grats to all the mother fans, they’ve been desperately hoping for years, why nintendo has taken this long for something with such high fan demand idk.

EDIT ohhhh derp, it’s just polar.

But hey if he’s got some real information great, certainly could use something to discuss

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Not that I don't trust our beloved panda, but last time insiders hyped up a Nintendo announcement, it was for the last Direct, which was... okay, I guess, but not exactly groundbreaking. I'll keep this in mind, but I'm not getting my hopes up for any bombshells next month.

D

Deleted member

At first I thought of Geno but it's probably a Mother 3 translation as they mentioned that they heard it would be revealed around the 15th of April which lines up with Reggie's retirement. I could totally see Reggie surprising us with a Mother 3 translation as one final goodbye as I think that's something that he would do.

Either way if it is Geno or a Mother 3 translation I'll be super hyped for it, I would prefer Geno getting in Smash at this point though.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Sorry to sound completely ignorant but...who is that? Judging by reactions I’m assuming someone important to the mother series? I’ve only ever played earthbound and got burnt out by the time i hit fourside.

If this is some sort of hint though for folks to get ready for an official mother 3 English release, grats to all the mother fans, they’ve been desperately hoping for years, why nintendo has taken this long for something with such high fan demand idk.

EDIT ohhhh derp, it’s just polar.

But hey if he’s got some real information great, certainly could use something to discuss
Polar's a she, btw.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
New Shantae announcement out of nowhere!

Not that I don't trust our beloved panda, but last time insiders hyped up a Nintendo announcement, it was for the last Direct, which was... okay, I guess, but not exactly groundbreaking. I'll keep this in mind, but I'm not getting my hopes up for any bombshells next month.
I don't think this tweet was specifically aimed at us, so who knows. The latest Nindies somehow managed to not be boring.

Personally, I'm waiting to see if Jon Cartwright brings up otters again in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

NerfOrNothiing

Smash Cadet

Honestly I'm really, really hoping we get something Mother/Earthbound related. It feels like it'd just fit, y'know? It feels like it'd be the perfect moment, considering Reggie's leave and all

D

Deleted member

Honestly I'm really, really hoping we get something Mother/Earthbound related. It feels like it'd just fit, y'know? It feels like it'd be the perfect moment, considering Reggie's leave and all
You pretty much summed up my thoughts.

Let's hope

Looma

Smash Journeyman

Still enamored with RE2make. Been pretty slow due to my night rule, but my Tofu quest is nearly over. Stuck waiting for REmake to come out on Switch as well.

It actually gave me an itch for Leon in Smash, which now makes this dlc cycle extra excruciating...

tumblr_inline_onb55u2WQr1tagjvs_250.gif

Happening...?

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Delusional Luigi fan detected. Face it, Luigi will never be in Smash Bros. How's it feel for your green Mario to be a NEVER EVER?!

:4pacman:
Oh yeah? I have it on good authority that Loogi is indeed on his way as DLC. Didn't you see the leak?
tumblr_oxxw8kphbX1wqvai8o1_1280.jpg

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm hoping for some Mother content next month. Like others have said, it would be perfect for Reggie to finally give us the long-awaited Mother 3 as he steps down. I'd have a lot of respect for him if he did that.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm hoping for some Mother content next month. Like others have said, it would be perfect for Reggie to finally give us the long-awaited Mother 3 as he steps down. I'd have a lot of respect for him if he did that.
I don’t know if I necessarily agree with this sentiment.

Do I want Mother 3 released? Of course.

But NOA’s handling of a Mother 3 release easily ranks among their worst blunders and mismanaged issues. Mother 3 should have been released ages ago as is. I’d rather Reggie’s final moment not just be a correction of something that has just been mishandled for the past approximate decade and rather be based on something new and fun. Give him a final Direct to go wild with or something, but not Mother 3. I know we make a lot of fun of Nintendo and it’s beocme meme-worthy, but I also view it as one of Nintendo’s bigger blunders and another moment of refusing to bend to the desires of fans.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, if you don't mind me asking PolarPanda PolarPanda I know that you're not in liberty to say any clues as to what's coming, so I will just say this instead: are the upcoming announcements still pretty awesome nonetheless even if they may not necessarily have anything to do with us? Like the Cuphead port news we just got, for example.

D

Deleted member

I agree. It really does feel like it would be Reggie's last gift, and it be a long awaited fan-pleaser.

The very thought of it is so exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom