• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

T2by4

Smash Lord
How’s everyone doing? Still thinking brave could be geno?
Honestly, no. I know when to get my expectations up, and this is not one of them. The stats don't align up with Geno. However, I still am hopeful of a second season pass or Sakurai throwing a random free character download in the mix during the first five dlc, that character being Geno of course. Either that or another poll, which if that's the case we need to go all out.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Honestly, no. I know when to get my expectations up, and this is not one of them. The stats don't align up with Geno. However, I still am hopeful of a second season pass or Sakurai throwing a random free character download in the mix during the first five dlc, that character being Geno of course. Either that or another poll, which if that's the case we need to go all out.
Really? I see the stats ad height matching up with Geno more than any of the other SE names that have been thrown around.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Really? I see the stats ad height matching up with Geno more than any of the other SE names that have been thrown around.
There's no way Geno would be a bottom heavy character. He wouldn't even be a mid weight character. Also the sliding effect doesn't seem like something that would be good for someone who is as fast as Geno is. I can see the height, but the rest are obvious red flags that just doesn't add up for Geno.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
There's no way Geno would be a bottom heavy character. He wouldn't even be a mid weight character. Also the sliding effect doesn't seem like something that would be good for someone who is as fast as Geno is. I can see the height, but the rest are obvious red flags that just doesn't add up for Geno.
Because he’s made of wood? To be fair the sliding would be weird on most characters that have been suggested as Brave. I don’t see a specific reason why Erdrick would be sliding for example.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Geno is made out of solid wood. And would be about Ness/Mario height. Thats a lot of wood and I would imagine that being pretty heavy. And then magic could explain him being floaty in the air and sliding.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Because he’s made of wood? To be fair the sliding would be weird on most characters that have been suggested as Brave. I don’t see a specific reason why Erdrick would be sliding for example.
Geno is made out of solid wood. And would be about Ness/Mario height. Thats a lot of wood and I would imagine that being pretty heavy. And then magic could explain him being floaty in the air and sliding.
He's a doll, plus he's a glass cannon in game. Making him anything over lightweight wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, especially when sakurai pays a lot of attention to small details like this and making him like he was in SMRPG.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
He's a doll, plus he's a glass cannon in game. Making him anything over lightweight wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, especially when sakurai pays a lot of attention to small details like this and making him like he was in SMRPG.
Well people are already going with they can always change the stats. The floaty and sliding don't reflect a heavy character I will give you that. It might be them toying with weight to see what happens.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
This talk of supporting both Geno and Isaac is what finally got me to make an account. Been lurking consistently here since Grinch, and maybe off and on each hype cycle in years past.

There are only two characters I've ever wanted to be in Smash: Geno, and Isaac. Honestly not sure which I want more. Super Mario RPG was my first RPG, with Golden Sun being one of my favorites.

I've wanted Geno in since Melee--but I knew it wouldn't happen because of SE. Isaac I assumed was a lock for Brawl, but clearly that didn't happen. I've hoped for each and every release that just one of them might finally make it in. I hope Nintendo finally adds Geno (might I dare to hope that brave is Geno?), and then corrects their mistake with Isaac during a wave 2. But, honestly, I'd be happy with finally just one of the two characters I've wanted getting in.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I know Brave could be anyone, but weight logic doesn't seem to apply in Smash. Aren't you forgetting that Mewtwo is literally one of the lightest characters in the game but canonically 269 pounds? Charizard is only 200 and even heavier than Mewtwo in Smash. I mean, Geno's easy to pick up when he's a doll, but we have no idea how much he weighs in his grown form. In fact, NOBODY even has a specific weight for Geno, not even Square themselves because they hardly even bother to give him or Mallow an official weight.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Geno being light just a fan-made thing? I'm pretty sure Geno could be light or heavy, however, it made me come to realize that the amount of wood, plus the ammunition inside his arms, plus turning into a cannon could weigh a lot. Remember that Geno keeps tons of ammunition inside of him and uses guns for his arms, which probably makes his weight/mass heavy. If anything, Mallow seems more like a light character due to him being small and a cloud, while Geno is more of an average (Mario weight) weight character due to the amount of wood and stored ammunition inside of his body.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm thinking it won't be a SE character at all, never mind most people here being scared of the Eddy boogieman.

With all the usual hoopla of people being definitely certain this guy or that guy is coming, I wouldn't be too shocked if that ends up being the case. People think either of the two big contestants are going to win the race, but there's always the chance of an unseen third party swooping in to seize victory.

Also, the old Brawl journal was brought up on the Ninten thread:

Guess who was among the third party suggestions?

Geno (Square Enix, Inc.) (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - 1996)
Mallow (Square Enix, Inc.) (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - 1996)
Also, I feel sorry for that one guy who wanted Thomas from Kung Fu, his dream is certainly impossible now...

Last edited:

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
As much as I hate it, I'm gonna have to say no. I think it's either gonna be Erdrick or a non-SE rep, unless there's a new SMRPG or Geno game that has something to do with "brave". I'm still thinking that brave is a codename and it wouldn't make sense with it being Geno. I suppose that the stats could match-up close to what Geno could be like if he was in, but that's about all that's going for him being brave, and the same could be said for a lot of other characters.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Another one to add to your point is I don't see Erdrick being a zoner either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey PolarPanda PolarPanda your nindies showcase rumor came true it’s gonna come out tomorrow in the UK meaning we’ll get another nindies in the US next week and a direct in February. from here on out your the only person I can trust. Congratulations let’s hope that geno rumor is true as well:)

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I know Brave could be anyone, but weight logic doesn't seem to apply in Smash. Aren't you forgetting that Mewtwo is literally one of the lightest characters in the game but canonically 269 pounds? Charizard is only 200 and even heavier than Mewtwo in Smash. I mean, Geno's easy to pick up when he's a doll, but we have no idea how much he weighs in his grown form. In fact, NOBODY even has a specific weight for Geno, not even Square themselves because they hardly even bother to give him or Mallow an official weight.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Geno being light just a fan-made thing? I'm pretty sure Geno could be light or heavy, however, it made me come to realize that the amount of wood, plus the ammunition inside his arms, plus turning into a cannon could weigh a lot. Remember that Geno keeps tons of ammunition inside of him and uses guns for his arms, which probably makes his weight/mass heavy. If anything, Mallow seems more like a light character due to him being small and a cloud, while Geno is more of an average (Mario weight) weight character due to the amount of wood and stored ammunition inside of his body.
The biggest problem I see with this is that if you had asked most Geno fans before what kind of stats Geno should have they wouldn't have made him heavy. He's a glass cannon and a puppet, neither of those things really scream heavy to me. You can talk all day about how he could be that weight but the fact that up until the weight started to point away from Geno most people wouldn't have thought twice about him being light.

And this isn't just directed at the Geno fans, the Erdrick fans and Sora fans are doing it too. Everyone is trying to shove their favorite character into the data shaped hole we have without trying to look at the hole and see who would actually fit.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So, I was thinking. What if leakers have been duped- what if they heard Dragon Quest was getting a character in a cross-over fighting game and just ASSUMED it was Smash and it's actually Dai in JumpForce. Could a thing like that happen? I don't see why it couldn't.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The biggest problem I see with this is that if you had asked most Geno fans before what kind of stats Geno should have they wouldn't have made him heavy. He's a glass cannon and a puppet, neither of those things really scream heavy to me. You can talk all day about how he could be that weight but the fact that up until the weight started to point away from Geno most people wouldn't have thought twice about him being light.

And this isn't just directed at the Geno fans, the Erdrick fans and Sora fans are doing it too. Everyone is trying to shove their favorite character into the data shaped hole we have without trying to look at the hole and see who would actually fit.
Tbh I can give any character the benefit of the doubt for weight, as it is pretty inconsistent in Smash. For example, Mewtwo is one of the lightest characters in Smash, despite being really heavy in Pokemon, weighing about 269 pounds. Charizard is heavier than Mewtwo, but lighter than him in Pokemon, weighing 200 pounds. Ike and Ridley are the same weight, with Piranha Plant being heavier than both if them.

I could see Sora being heavier than Cloud, and Geno being as heavy as brave. I don't think Eddy is brave, but, again, not because of weight.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Tbh I can give any character the benefit of the doubt for weight, as it is pretty inconsistent in Smash. For example, Mewtwo is one of the lightest characters in Smash, despite being really heavy in Pokemon, weighing about 269 pounds. Charizard is heavier than Mewtwo, but lighter than him in Pokemon, weighing 200 pounds. Ike and Ridley are the same weight, with Piranha Plant being heavier than both if them.

I could see Sora being heavier than Cloud, and Geno being as heavy as brave. I don't think Eddy is brave, but, again, not because of weight.
Again I'm not talking about their canon weight, Mewtwo makes sense being light and floaty because of his glass cannon nature and his psychic powers. Charizard makes sense being heavy because hes big and bulky and he was supposed to be the "heavy" option of the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon.

What I'm talking about is the gameplay, which is why I don't think the fact that a wood doll of Geno's size would be heavy really means anything, up until now people always thought of Geno as a glass cannon because that's how he was in Super Mario RPG, and glass cannons are light. So while it could be Geno it's not like its a perfect fit because everyone expected him to be different.

It's not about Geno not fitting, its about watching every fanbase suddenly 180 on their character to make them fit the data just to justify it being who they want.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well sora has a keybalde which is a sword and this character is a zoner I don’t think it’s him either

D

Deleted member

Again I'm not talking about their canon weight, Mewtwo makes sense being light and floaty because of his glass cannon nature and his psychic powers. Charizard makes sense being heavy because hes big and bulky and he was supposed to be the "heavy" option of the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon.

What I'm talking about is there gameplay, which is why I don't think the fact that a wood doll of Geno's size would be heavy really means anything, up until know people always thought of Geno as a glass cannon because that's how he was in Super Mario RPG, and glass cannons are light. So while it could be Geno it's not like its a perfect fit because everyone expected him to be different.

It's not about Geno not fitting, its about watching every fanbase suddenly 180 on their character to make them fit the data just to justify it being who they want.
There you have it. Smash weight is different than people expect it to be. Just because people think he has a certain weight doesn't mean he will be that same weight in Smash.

As of now, weight of a character can't properly determine who can or can't fit the stats. It's inconsistent and different than people would think.

Well sora has a keybalde which is a sword and this character is a zoner I don’t think it’s him either
This is what I was thinking too

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
This talk of supporting both Geno and Isaac is what finally got me to make an account. Been lurking consistently here since Grinch, and maybe off and on each hype cycle in years past.

There are only two characters I've ever wanted to be in Smash: Geno, and Isaac. Honestly not sure which I want more. Super Mario RPG was my first RPG, with Golden Sun being one of my favorites.

I've wanted Geno in since Melee--but I knew it wouldn't happen because of SE. Isaac I assumed was a lock for Brawl, but clearly that didn't happen. I've hoped for each and every release that just one of them might finally make it in. I hope Nintendo finally adds Geno (might I dare to hope that brave is Geno?), and then corrects their mistake with Isaac during a wave 2. But, honestly, I'd be happy with finally just one of the two characters I've wanted getting in.
Bro, you got the same story as me. Let’s keep gunning to get them both into the ultimate smash!

D

Deleted member

So, I was thinking. What if leakers have been duped- what if they heard Dragon Quest was getting a character in a cross-over fighting game and just ASSUMED it was Smash and it's actually Dai in JumpForce. Could a thing like that happen? I don't see why it couldn't.
This is extremely unlikely. If we are going off of the word of leakers, Tansut specified they would have male/female alts which does not apply to Dai.
But at the end of the day leakers are leakers. Never put 100% faith in their word regardless if you want them to be right or not.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
You're joking right? You're not suggesting that someone with as many projectile options as Sora can't be capable of zoning just because he has a key sword? Yikes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, I really want people to understand that stats can change at any time, and pretty drastically. Piranha Plant went from being slower then Incineroar to a bit faster then Lucario.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Ok, I really want people to understand that stats can change at any time, and pretty drastically. Piranha Plant went from being slower then Incineroar to a bit faster then Lucario.
We still haven't seen a source that confirms that those initial speeds were actual data mines, to be fair. Not that I disagree with the ability for them to change over time of course, just pointing that out.

D

Deleted member

Probably because he needed a speed buff I’m pretty sure the size hasn’t change so we should be fine for now

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Probably because he needed a speed buff I’m pretty sure the size hasn’t change
Yeah but the speed change sets a precedent for stat changes of any kind. Not arguing for/against any characters, but it's just something people should be mindful of.

Last edited by a moderator:

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
You're joking right? You're not suggesting that someone with as many projectile options as Sora can't be capable of zoning just because he has a key sword? Yikes.
Not that I'm expecting Sora but I would like to at least mention in Kingdom Hearts 3 his keyblade is shown to be a transforming weapon turning into stuff like dual pistols and what not

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Not that I'm expecting Sora but I would like to at least mention in Kingdom Hearts 3 his keyblade is shown to be a transforming weapon turning into stuff like dual pistols and what not
You know that compared to Cloud, Brave is exactly Sora's height (It's the same as Lucas), couple that with the really floaty jumps and the fact his Valid form is called Brave form in Japan and I'd say his chances are looking pretty good.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think what some people are forgetting is something that was said in the past. Some of the stats for "Brave", if it's meant to be Geno, are likely to keep the character balanced and not OP. The speed and weight in particular as if Geno had the same stats as he does in Super Mario RPG, he would border on Bayonetta levels of broken, and I don't think many fans would want a repeat of that scenario.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
You know that compared to Cloud, Brave is exactly Sora's height (It's the same as Lucas), couple that with the really floaty jumps and the fact his Valid form is called Brave form in Japan and I'd say his chances are looking pretty good.
Lucas is a tad short, I would put Sora somewhere between Pit and Shulk on the height chart.
If the character is as short as Lucas, I doubt the character will be Sora.
Hopefully the values for height arent a true measure of distance,but of Scale.
That being said Erdrick or Geno would be my guess if the character is of Lucas' height.

Brave could potentially be a reference to Pinocchio and the theme of being brave, truthful, and unselfish I suppose that would relate back to Geno, but thats reaching.

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Maybe but personally I'm just gonna hang tight and wait to see what happens. If Sora is in I'll be hyped but if Geno is in I'll be hyped for the Geno fans and so on for each character on the list. Though if it was Crono though I would probably faint from pure joy, but this thread isn't about him so I'll just leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom